Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm supprised at how many of you arent willing to get it now but rather in a few months. This game is truely amazing. Granted i've been playing the PC version but the story alone has me loving every minute so far. I'm on Chapter 12 i don't think i have that much more to do but i think i'll be playing through again.

Though i disagree with your final grading of thinking it's only worth a rent it was a brilliantly written review, Lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I blame your tv. Game looks pretty good on my 56" Bravia.
    Those low resolution texture, sub hd, heavily aliased screens must look doubly bad at that screen size not to mention the in your face pop in reduced detail. Try the pc demo at a proper hd resolution and you may realize how bad a conversion this is. Now i know how xbox users felt with FF13

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    Those low resolution texture, sub hd, heavily aliased screens must look doubly bad at that screen size not to mention the in your face pop in reduced detail. Try the pc demo at a proper hd resolution and you may realize how bad a conversion this is. Now i know how xbox users felt with FF13
    Has a point. When i played the 360 demo to see what all of the fuss was about i was quite shocked in how much of a jump in difference there was.

This game isn't about pixel counting though

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post

Does not change the fact that the game still looks good. Might look better on the 360 and PC but the gameplay remains the same. Sure the AA is not the best but the game still looks great. Better than GTA IV.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I'
    Though i disagree with your final grading of thinking it's only worth a rent it was a brilliantly written review, Lethal.
    I am glad with my purchase but I feel with all the other games coming out people should know that is not a game that they will play over and over again. $60 is a lot of money and Mafia 2 does not offer 40+ hrs of gaming like GTA or Red Dead Redemption. Those games are worth a purchase since you be playing it for days on end. I do hope there is going to be lots of future DLC for this game though. I really love this story and the characters.

Thanks again for enjoying my review too.
    Last edited by Lethal; 08-31-2010 at 00:54.

Superior Member

Does not change the fact that the game still looks good. Might look better on the 360 and PC but the gameplay remains the same. Sure the AA is not the best but the game still looks great. Better than GTA IV.
    Yup, it's definitely the same gameplay obviously. After playing all 3 versions, I enjoyed them all equally, well 360 version the most actually, but thats because I've put more hours into that. Really shows that the extra eye candy (PC version) doesn't make a difference in fun factor.

Yeah the PC version looks better, but not A LOT better, considering the hardware differences between a high end PC and the 360, the difference really should of been bigger. Of course I feel the difference wasn't 'HUGE', while others would say it is, but then again, I don't nitpick over little things, as my focus is mainly on the game. I am actually still shocked at the number of threads on the internet, in regards to PS3s lack of grass and how that effects people. I actually didn't notice it on the PS3 version, until I read another thread on 'No grass for PS3'

I am tempted to rent the PS3 version to try out some of that exclusive DLC. I am actually on my 2nd play through atm. This game rocks. Truely immersed into the 40s & 50s.

Of course the game is not perfect. No game is, but I think a lot of people went into the game expecting it to be a typical open word game. People keep saying it's too short, but it takes around 10-12hours to complete, which is the norm for most games these days.

The biggest moment for me in the game was the mission, which ties into the ending of Mafia 1. Obviously I won't spoil it for those who haven't reached that point, but WOW!
    Last edited by ufo8mycat; 08-31-2010 at 02:42.

Forum Sage

I am glad with my purchase but I feel with all the other games coming out people should know that is not a game that they will play over and over again. $60 is a lot of money and Mafia 2 does not offer 40+ hrs of gaming like GTA or Red Dead Redemption. Those games are worth a purchase since you be playing it for days on end. I do hope there is going to be lots of future DLC for this game though. I really love this story and the characters.

Thanks again for enjoying my review too.
    With any review written as well as that it'd be hard not to enjoy it.

I completely agree with you that it's not a game with tonnes of replay value or that it will last as long as the games you mentioned. Because the fact of the matter is, it won't. I think if people go into the game assuming it will be some sort of GTA clone they will be disapointed. However if you go into the game expecting a story driven linear game i think it will be very hard not to think of this game as a master piece. Though i do think i'm slightly biased as i am someone who loved all of the mafia orientated films and so on.

TWISTED METAL
    bought the game and i think its fantastic
    the detail in this game is great
    but wat sucks that u cant blind fire or jump or sprint indoors which is stupid

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes."

TWISTED METAL
    the ending completely sucked

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes."

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman_T92 View Post
    the ending completely sucked

It sure did!!!! I was so pissed but I did not want to say anything lol.

Forum Sage

It sure did!!!! I was so pissed but I did not want to say anything lol.
    It wasn't that bad. Would have liked it if what happened wouldn't of though.

Looking forward to the DLC

Supreme Veteran
    Great review Lethal.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    It wasn't that bad. Would have liked it if what happened wouldn't of though.

Looking forward to the DLC
    Ya that really pissed me off. Or at least show me what happened lol

Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    Great review Lethal.
    Thanks buddy!

Thread Information