Gamer24

New RTS coming soon on PSN | Full Move Support

The developper Seed Studios has recently launched the official website of “Under Siege”. “Under Siege” is a real time strategy game, developed with console gaming in mind. It includes a single player campaign, competitive and cooperative multiplayer maps (playable in both online and split screen modes), and a powerful editor, that enables players to build new maps and then share them with the Under Siege community.

The game will be available soon on Playstation Network. If you like RTS, and you want to see some screenshots, gameplay videos and so on, you can check it out.

This are some features of the game:

Control scheme specially designed for the Dual Shock/Sixaxis Controller.
    Playstation Move Support.
    4 players online.
    2 players split screen.
    Video and voice chat in game and in the lobbies.
    XMB screenshot and custom music support.
    Video recording.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer24 View Post
    This are some features of the game:
    Control scheme specially designed for the Dual Shock/Sixaxis Controller.
    Playstation Move Support.
    4 players online.
    2 players split screen.
    Video and voice chat in game and in the lobbies.
    XMB screenshot and custom music support.
    Video recording.
    Why did you leave out one of the most important features? That is, players can create their own scenarios & whole campaigns and share them online. You could basically make a Warcraft of your own with the tools.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Elite Guru
    graphics look downgraded compared to the first trailer released. im still anticipating it though.

-Live the life you love, love the life you live-

Gamer24
    You´re right Azu, the Level Editor is one of the most important features in this game. You can create your own maps and share them online. I wrote that in the first paragraph. Thank´s for put an emphasis on that! ... What do you think about the artwork of this game?...
    Last edited by Gamer24; 08-30-2010 at 18:21.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They should've shown a day map. Also, not liking the framerate. The first trailer was much more impressive.

Though, the features are pretty damn good.

Veteran
    You´re right Azu, the Level Editor is one of the most important features in this game. You can create your own maps and share them online. I wrote that in the first paragraph. Thank´s for put an emphasis on that! ... What do you think about the artwork of this game?...
    I assume you were involved with this game? To answer your question, though, the illustrations/art direction is fantastic and very appropriate to the game. Pretty much what I would expect out of a real game like this in terms of its level of quality (based on what I could see).

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

I don't mind the graphics really. As long as the AI is good, then surely it will be entertaining.

What kind of odd I find is the support for PS Move. For Level editing it could be certainly useful, but playing an intricate RTS seems tiring with your arm constantly moving. Regardless, it is good thing to hear that the control scheme is designed for traditional controllers

Gamer24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I assume you were involved with this game? To answer your question, though, the illustrations/art direction is fantastic and very appropriate to the game. Pretty much what I would expect out of a real game like this in terms of its level of quality (based on what I could see).
    Hello Bio, i´m not directly involved with the game, but i can tell you that i´m close to the development team. And thanks for your "inputs" and opinions! I assume that you are an RTS fan, am i right?
    Last edited by Gamer24; 08-31-2010 at 03:01.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Been waiting to hear more about this game for awhile.

Gamer24
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Been waiting to hear more about this game for awhile.
    Did you check the official website RedOrb?

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UAEHero View Post

What kind of odd I find is the support for PS Move. For Level editing it could be certainly useful, but playing an intricate RTS seems tiring with your arm constantly moving. Regardless, it is good thing to hear that the control scheme is designed for traditional controllers
    If you are sitting a few feet back from your TV all you would have to do is rotate your wrist around to get the pointer all around the TV. Plenty of gameplay videos with Move on MAG or SOCOM show how little movement is required for this, I don't think it would be much more strenuous than a mouse, and might be better on your wrist in all honesty. I guess we'll see how natural it feels though this fall.

As for the game, I want to like this because it's an RTS but it just seems too simple. I want a full blown RTS game on a console, not these little downloadable quality titles. Does not look like a bad game, just not for me from what I see so far.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Reminds me of WarCraft II

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Gamer24
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacJack View Post
    If you are sitting a few feet back from your TV all you would have to do is rotate your wrist around to get the pointer all around the TV. Plenty of gameplay videos with Move on MAG or SOCOM show how little movement is required for this, I don't think it would be much more strenuous than a mouse, and might be better on your wrist in all honesty. I guess we'll see how natural it feels though this fall.

As for the game, I want to like this because it's an RTS but it just seems too simple. I want a full blown RTS game on a console, not these little downloadable quality titles. Does not look like a bad game, just not for me from what I see so far.
    Hello BlacJack, thanks for your comments too! I think you should wait and play the final version of the game. The level editor, the PS Move support, and the online features can make this game pretty much interesting than a single player campaign, i think.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Did you check the official website RedOrb?
    I did. The video that took place in that swamp like area was very vibrant looking.

Gamer24
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    I did. The video that took place in that swamp like area was very vibrant looking.
    Hello RedOrb, once again thanks for your comments! I can tell you that the development team is now preparing a new video of Under Siege´s gameplay with Playstation Move. You will see it soon!...

Master Sage
    Hello RedOrb, once again thanks for your comments! I can tell you that the development team is now preparing a new video of Under Siege´s gameplay with Playstation Move. You will see it soon!...
    Are you by any chance from Seed Studios?

Gamer24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyaw View Post
    Are you by any chance from Seed Studios?
    Hello Kyaw, i´m not directly involved with the game, but i can tell you that i´m close to the development team...

Dedicated Member
    The more I see how this game works, the more appealing it looks, especially as a cheaper downloadable title. I was hoping for something like Kohan or similar on a console, but this is purely tactics based, which simplifies things while still giving you plenty of maneuverability to create your own strategy.

I'll keep an eye on it, hopefully those Move videos will be nice and show some more units .

Gamer24
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacJack View Post
    The more I see how this game works, the more appealing it looks, especially as a cheaper downloadable title. I was hoping for something like Kohan or similar on a console, but this is purely tactics based, which simplifies things while still giving you plenty of maneuverability to create your own strategy.

I'll keep an eye on it, hopefully those Move videos will be nice and show some more units .
    That´s it BlacJack, thank you again!

Master Poster
    Looks fun. The sort of RTS I can afford to give time nowadays. I'd love to play things like Supreme Commander but time just isn't in abundance. The online side of it sounds like a real bonus too coupled with level and scenario editing. I'm glad a game like this is ready to cater for me and probably many others.
    Poop, scoop and shoot.
    My band: http://soundcloud.com/nionabeo

Gamer24
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozt_again View Post
    Looks fun. The sort of RTS I can afford to give time nowadays. I'd love to play things like Supreme Commander but time just isn't in abundance. The online side of it sounds like a real bonus too coupled with level and scenario editing. I'm glad a game like this is ready to cater for me and probably many others.
    Thanks Lozt, i think the features of the game can "refresh" the way that gamers see RTS games in consoles. The Move support can bring a new gameplay. The Online features invite players to join the community and play together! The Level Editor give you the power to create and share your "virtual world" with others!
    Last edited by Gamer24; 09-02-2010 at 12:24.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Under Siege for PS3: First Video, PlayStation Move Details

Posted by Filipe Pina // Producer, Under Siege
    Hi everyone! We’re proud to present Under Siege to the readers of the PlayStation.Blog. In a nutshell:

• Under Siege is a real-time strategy game exclusive to the PS3 and the PSN store.
    • It includes a juicy single player campaign as well as online and local multiplayer content.
    • The in-game Editor enables players to create their own maps and share them with the world!

What’s that you say? How juicy is the campaign?
    For starters, the single-player campaign in Under Siege does not include those pesky grinding levels many other strategy games have; You don’t have to spend half an hour getting wood to then build a base, and so on. Your army is always there with you, growing persistently from level to level. Your army also gains experience ranking up as they fight, so it’s important to keep them alive because when they die… well, we like to think that they were somebody’s son.
    Oh, and you found a new race in the swamp that wants to join your cause? They can! Because in Under Siege, your army is made up of every race found in the game. This makes for some interesting strategy tactics for multiplayer matches.

Speaking of multiplayer… You can play multiplayer with up to four players online, and two two locally via split screen. You and your friends can play 1v1, 2v2, 3v1 or four players vs the A.I.
    What’s that, Billy? You want to know what multiplayer modes are available? Well, what if I told you that we have all of them? Hummm? Can you touch the stars now, Billy? Can you?
    Since in Under Siege every map is made in the Editor, it basically means that any kind of multiplayer mode is possible. Currently, the game will ship with some maps of Deathmatch, Capture Point, Capture Treasure, and Survival. There will be more to come, but these will be a surprise.

The Editor
    The guys at Media Molecule knew what they were doing, so we decided to do the same. The Editor that ships with Under Siege allows everyone to create their maps and share them with the world. It’s the same tool that we used to build all of our maps!
    The maps can be single player or multiplayer; A short campaign or a complex co-op survival mode.
    What about the game features?

• Control scheme specially designed for the DualShock controller
    • Four players online
    • Two players split screen
    • Video and voice chat in game and in the lobby
    • XMB screenshot and custom music support
    • Video recording

And most important of all, Playstation Move support. That’s right, Under Siege is one of the first RTS games that uses the PlayStation Move, and to prove the implementation is done right, check out our video (above) made specially for the nice folks here at the PlayStation.Blog.

Video in link

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...tation.Blog%29

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Gamer24
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    That´s it mankind! Under Siege gameplay video with Ps Move is now available!
    Last edited by Gamer24; 09-07-2010 at 14:01.

Master Poster
    it seems to have all the elements of a really good game. an online strategy game is something that will be great. certainly one to keep an eye out for.

Gamer24
    Quote Originally Posted by gn09 View Post
    it seems to have all the elements of a really good game. an online strategy game is something that will be great. certainly one to keep an eye out for.
    Thanks for your comments too gn09!! ... I agree. In this game, the players have the chance to decide what kind of campaign they want to do, and they have freedom to create the maps where the real action takes place. The online features can make things much more interesting and fun... I think the Ps Move support can also create a unique experience on RTS genre. Let´s wait and see the final version...

Thread Information