Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: playwii60

playwii60

i was reading on this forum online about a person who overheard one of the workers at linkdl talking about how in about 1.5 to 2 years after the release of the ps3, sony microsoft and nintendo are going to contract out to make a system that will play all three systems games. they said that the system will cost about 250. nintendo sony and microsoft will make a bunch of money on the system that they each made an then they will make more money with the new system. thats all i heard

Super Elite
    LOL.....never gonan happen...this made me laugh....
    LOSING-if at first you donít succeed failure may just be your style

Created by Legend Killer

Master Sage

Well, thats just stupid. Not gonna happen!!

Moderhater
    That would be pretty cool if it did happen though. (But it is sadly never going to happen).

Re: playwii60

Quote Originally Posted by genesis
    i was reading on this forum online about a person who overheard one of the workers at linkdl talking about how in about 1.5 to 2 years after the release of the ps3, sony microsoft and nintendo are going to contract out to make a system that will play all three systems games. they said that the system will cost about 250. nintendo sony and microsoft will make a bunch of money on the system that they each made an then they will make more money with the new system. thats all i heard
    Hahaha i get it now....excellent joke. Um i am hoping you are joking and didn't take that guy seriously...?

yeah, i read that too somewhere. after all the huge titles come out, GTA IV, Halo 3 and stuff like that, whats left to sell it? i mean, microsoft does make stuff for sony computers, and nintendo can't win by itself. so it doesn't seem THAT ridiculous. i dunno, just speculation

Moderhater
    Quote Originally Posted by quizmo
    yeah, i read that too somewhere. after all the huge titles come out, GTA IV, Halo 3 and stuff like that, whats left to sell it? i mean, microsoft does make stuff for sony computers, and nintendo can't win by itself. so it doesn't seem THAT ridiculous. i dunno, just speculation
    Yes it does, all three companies are too greedy to share their games/hardware.

man i dont know why you guys think this is a joke but i am pretty sure that they are talking about doing this. it makes alot of sense. the three companies will get billions of the three separate systems. then they figured that they will make billions more as a whole because people will want a system that can play all three games just so people can say that they have everysystem

Moderhater
    man i dont know why you guys think this is a joke but i am pretty sure that they are talking about doing this. it makes alot of sense. the three companies will get billions of the three separate systems. then they figured that they will make billions more as a whole because people will want a system that can play all three games just so people can say that they have everysystem
    Can I nominate people for Hall of Shame? Only Joking.

Dedicated Member

And when you lose competition you lose what drives the console industry. That also means they would have to split console profits, royalties, and spend billions developing a system that would have the architecture capable of playing all 3 systems games. It seems very logical to me.
    "Knowledge is power"
    My Blog

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by roosters93
    Can I nominate people for Hall of Shame? Only Joking.
    Im not joking when i say this should be in the Hall of Shame....

Created by Legend Killer

you are correct it sounds ridculous and i didnt believe it myself but then i got to thinking and like quizmo said microsoft does make stuff for sony and vice versa and like i said i agree that it does sound odd but they must have something up there sleeve

Moderhater
    Do you know how hard it would be to make a console that plays PS3, 360 and Wii games?

Super Elite
    Sony does not make anythign for MS or vise versa...it just happens that ms has a monopply on OS...so sony has to use it on their computers...

There are also a few thing call anit-trust laws...look em up...thats a main reason this would never happen....

Created by Legend Killer

Dedicated Member
    Sounds like that April Fools joke by I believe it was PSM a few years back where supposedly Sega and Sony were going to make a system that would handle PS1 and Dreamcast games. Something like that. Not as funny as their Valkyrie Wylde April Fools joke but not too shabby.

No way that all three of these companies would ever coraberate on a system such as that.
    Sig and Avy by killzone_71 *** The City Is Yours - Ridge Racer V
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...Nevertheless Sakaguchi has stated several times that Final
    Fantasy IX is his personal favorite. - FF Retrospective Part VI

Veteran
    I vote this one in the Hall of Shame

The Bloodline Clan: Apply now for LBP, SOCOM, Killzone, COD4 and/or Resistance gaming.
    We Welcome Casual and Hardcore gamers alike.

Moderhater
    Quote Originally Posted by fireras
    I vote this one in the Hall of Shame
    I already nominated it for the Hall of Shame.

Master Sage

Yup me too! Hall of shame fo sho!

Undercover Moderator
    Dont nominate it here, just leave so the mods can cloase and then go and nominate it here http://ps3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=14157!!

Apprentice

both of the two newbies joined on 06 aug 2006. which is today. which makes me think it's one guy on two names trying to stir up something?

could have thought of a better topic to use though. seriously. i second (or third? fourth?) the hall of shame motion.

and just to be nice, i'll give you a hint as to why emulators would suck a lot in this "playwii360" fabrication.

xbox 360 uses software emulation.

is that hint enough for you? or do i have to elaborate?

here's another clue. if xbox 360 can't emulate all xbox games (most xbox games actually i think...), what are the chances of developing a system that can emulate games for all 3 next gen systems that each run on completely different architectures?

Elite Member
    I don't see why some of you have to be so harsh in your replies.

Genesis, it's not in Sony's, Microsoft's, or Nintendo's best interest to colaborate with competetors. Competition is what keeps the market growing strong, and it's what will produce bigger and better titles after Halo 3 and GTA 4

Sony does not make anythign for MS or vise versa...it just happens that ms has a monopply on OS...so sony has to use it on their computers...

There are also a few thing call anit-trust laws...look em up...thats a main reason this would never happen....
    Sony doesn't have to use Windows, they could use Linux, or their own OS, or they could license Mac OS. It has nothing to do with anititrust.

you know i joined this forum because i thought that i would give gamers a chance...but i just confirmed my reasoning that your all nerds

there is also a thing called getting a life...look it up...thats the main reason that everyone thinks your nerds

also sony does not make anything for people who dont have a life so you better quit playing video games 24/7 and do something with yourself... and i dont mean play with yourself

do you know how hard it would be for most of you to go out on a date
    -so this is nice honey
    -gotta play ps3
    -yeah you can come home and play with me
    -gotta play ps3
    -ive got double d's
    -gotta play ps3 your not as hot as the tekken girls

Moderhater
    you know i joined this forum because i thought that i would give gamers a chance...but i just confirmed my reasoning that your all nerds

there is also a thing called getting a life...look it up...thats the main reason that everyone thinks your nerds

also sony does not make anything for people who dont have a life so you better quit playing video games 24/7 and do something with yourself... and i dont mean play with yourself

do you know how hard it would be for most of you to go out on a date
    -so this is nice honey
    -gotta play ps3
    -yeah you can come home and play with me
    -gotta play ps3
    -ive got double d's
    -gotta play ps3 your not as hot as the tekken girls
    And you are some hot guy? I doubt it. With your reasoning, you are a nerd. You were interested in a site of "nerds" which makes you a nerd.

Also if you had posted a link to the site which said there was going to be a thing called "playwii60" then we would be laughing at them instead.

your right i am the nerd leader

all hail

Moderhater
    Nice sense of humor.
    Oh, and most of us do give gamers a chance, as you can see we are named "PS3Forums" and have a Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii section.

Thread Information