Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    I can't wait for another 2 years when 3D technology becomes better developed, TV prices drop, and it becomes the norm.

Motorstorm in 3D sounds so awesome.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Veteran
    It's good to know their working every single detail.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    there is a huge price war going on in the next week weeks both samsung and pany are comeing out with 3d
    tvs under 1400 dollars by next year 3d will be in every tv over 46 inchs it will be a option
    right now 3d is preety awesome

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by APetePerson View Post
    all this talk about 3d makes me very disappointed, as good as I hear that it is, 1 in 12 people are actually incapable of enjoying 3D images
    while you see what I hear is a cutting edge picture that looks real, I see two blurry images

developers are pouring so much time and effort into 3D, but I ask you people, is it really worth buying new tv's and expensive glases, just so you can see a better image, I mean, mw2 became a craze, but it didn't have 3D, I mean, what about us, the 1 in 12 who can't see 3D?
    Wow... this argument again.

What about people who are RG colour blind? What about people who only have one eye? What about all the registered blind people? What about everyone who's visual abilities mean that they cannot differentiate between HD and SD? Lazy eyes, Glaucoma, Cataracts, Presbyopia, Myopia, and Dogs?

Would you like to know the simple answer to your "What about us"?

You're in the ****ing minority and you can choose the 2D option.

Apprentice
    3D is a bother for people with spectacles. I'll look funny with 2 layers of glasses on my eyes lol, I'll wait until the technology allows 3D visuals without the use of goggles.

Trophies

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPSN View Post
    That's not what he said.
    It might as well be...

Unless I missed something and he has the final word on what qualifies as "making a game better"...

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Meh. I still think the game would be a lot better looking if 3D wasn't such a resource hog apparently.

Right now it's like maybe 20% better looking than Killzone 2. I think they can top that!

Master Guru
    I reckon 3D would be cool, if I had 3D tv id sure give it a go
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Forum Guru
    This was quite expected as anyone who has been following stereo gaming does know the problems of how to distance crosshair or making the sky to be on correct range.
    Same goes to all particle effects and tricks like impostors, some tweaks has to be made for them to look good.

One thing I really would love to have is proper control of the stereo amount and information on how much it actually is, in many cases the amount of parallax makes the viewer think that he is a hammerhead shark..

I just want the experiense to be as unnoticeable as possible, perhaps best way for this would be a headtracing and stereo rendering combined.
    This would get the eye distance right and would give possibility to move and tilt your head without the stereo effect to dissaper or go wonky.
    It would also give nice ability to move your head slightly in game world.

Veteran
    As long as they're nailing the hardware on the 2D version i couldn't give a s*** what the 3D version turns out like.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Woogie View Post
    As long as they're nailing the hardware on the 2D version i couldn't give a s*** what the 3D version turns out like.
    And this is whats happening, even with MotorStorm: Apocalypse.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Woogie View Post
    I agree.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mcav View Post
    Wow... this argument again.

What about people who are RG colour blind? What about people who only have one eye? What about all the registered blind people? What about everyone who's visual abilities mean that they cannot differentiate between HD and SD? Lazy eyes, Glaucoma, Cataracts, Presbyopia, Myopia, and Dogs?

Would you like to know the simple answer to your "What about us"?

You're in the ****ing minority and you can choose the 2D option.
    You say that, but the actual number of people who can't see it are probably quite high, even if a minority. Then there is the fact that 3D requires these extra glasses and such. I'm not saying it won't take off. I'm saying it's expensive, less people benefit than with the jump from SD to HD and more people will be excluded regardless due to the necessity of wearing glasses. Essentially, 3D may become more hassle than it's worth to the average person. Just like so many people who don't buy into peripherals like Move and Kinnect; I can play my console without them for ****s sake and my favourite games don't seem to benefit from them, at all. I see a lot of people playing 3D in an empty room tbh.
    Poop, scoop and shoot.
    My band: http://soundcloud.com/nionabeo

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Stop all this *****in and let the people that can see 3D enjoy it, prices will come down because the majority of people can see it Avatar has shown what the adoption rates could look like.

The rest of my family can see 3D but me. I can only kinda see it.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Poster
    I enjoy 3D. It's a hassle though that currently is more than it's worth. People would have seen Avatar and enjoyed it in 2D just as much. The 3D use was very subtle most of the time and I don't think it had much over the 2D version(I don't like the forced focus thing you get; you feel odd if you look where you aren't intended to be looking). I'm not saying it's not worth it or that it won't take off, but, the odds against it are, regardless, much higher than that of HD adoption. The factors just stack up: Nausea, Cost, Exclusion.

I'll continue to enjoy it in the cinema I'd imagine. It's just not going to appear in my home unless on a PC monitor, where no one else can benefit.
    Poop, scoop and shoot.
    My band: http://soundcloud.com/nionabeo

Superior Member

The thing is in order to get enough framerate and resolution to do 3d these companies have to push the envelope just to achieve the 3d affect. If anything you should be glad it's in 3d because that means the 2d version will only be better as the resolution and framerate will be higher. Seriously this is like the only time I have ever seen people complain about new technology. The fact the PS3 is capable of such gaming should make you feel good in your investment and show how powerful and how future-proof your purchase is...not complain. REALLY...SONY ADDS A FEATURE AND PEOPLE COMPLAIN!! Just because you can't afford it doesn't make it a bad thing. For all those that haven't purchased an HDTV or looking at new ones this is going to be a standard feature in the next year. NO HDTV OVER 40" WILL BE WITHOUT IT. So its here to stay whether you plan to use it or not. The theatre industry has seen huge grosses from 3d movies so you know it will make its way into the home. I got a 58" Samsung with 3d player and two pairs of glasses and a movie for $2300. Serious that is cheaper than I paid for my last HDTV a couple years ago and it was only 50". Motorstorm 3d and Super Stardust HD in 3d are incredible and MLB 10 demo in 3d added great depth. I love it and can't wait for more 3d content!

Master Poster
    3d will just be a great bonus, i hope they get it right, as it'd be awesome with KZ3

Elite Member
    Seen it.. played it.. and is it amazing in 3D..YES... but no im not going 3D until no glasses is needed!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozt_again View Post
    I enjoy 3D. It's a hassle though that currently is more than it's worth. People would have seen Avatar and enjoyed it in 2D just as much. The 3D use was very subtle most of the time and I don't think it had much over the 2D version(I don't like the forced focus thing you get; you feel odd if you look where you aren't intended to be looking). I'm not saying it's not worth it or that it won't take off, but, the odds against it are, regardless, much higher than that of HD adoption. The factors just stack up: Nausea, Cost, Exclusion.

I'll continue to enjoy it in the cinema I'd imagine. It's just not going to appear in my home unless on a PC monitor, where no one else can benefit.
    You clearly didn't get very much from Avatar in 3D. Not everyone did but many do. 3D's biggest downfall is it dimming issue with light. It's the only reason the 2D Blu-ray edition can stack up so well against the 3D version in cinemas.

As for people having health issues, that has been happening for a long time. 3D didn't start it. A shaky cam element might seem great to one person while another can't stand it. The one issue 3D does face is not everyone can see it or deal with it. Some people get headaches over the course of a feature length movie in 3D. That will slow the adoption rate down somewhat, but 3D has not halted in cinemas so this isn't a big issue.

Movies aside, I think games could truly benefit from 3D far more than any medium. Games are perfect for this kind of immersion, putting the player in control of a character in a virtual world. Prices are the biggest set-back for 3D gaming. PC rigs, monitors, TV's for consoles... none are cheap right now. That won't be too much of a problem for long though, especially with companies trying to push the format so much.

I won't be adopting within the next year most likely but that's not just pricing. I want the technology to get to a level of perfection along with affordable price. HD tv's have been going through lots of improvements that make the first ones look like glorified SD. 3D TV's will go through the same process.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 09-07-2010 at 11:31.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    As for people having health issues, that has been happening for a long time. 3D didn't start it. A shaky cam element might seem great to one person while another can't stand it. The one issue 3D does face is not everyone can see it or deal with it. Some people get headaches over the course of a feature length movie in 3D. That will slow the adoption rate down somewhat, but 3D has not halted in cinemas so this isn't a big issue.
    There are several issues still which needs or can be fixed.

Like constant flickering which can be fixed by very high shutter rate or completely passive solution.
    Or something I have waited to come for 2D as well is the actually higher framerate for movies, 24FPS is simply not enough for smooth panning shots or fast action scenes with 3D when eyes can see that the 3d shape doesn't move right the problem is even bigger.

In future I would hope for a 3D method which could handle tilting of a head as well, current methods just break and can cause some funny feel when head is not properly oriented, perhaps movies stored in lightfield?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Movies aside, I think games could truly benefit from 3D far more than any medium. Games are perfect for this kind of immersion, putting the player in control of a character in a virtual world. Prices are the biggest set-back for 3D gaming. PC rigs, monitors, TV's for consoles... none are cheap right now. That won't be too much of a problem for long though, especially with companies trying to push the format so much.
    I agree, when properly used it could really ad to the immension, especially with head tracking.

Elite Member

With the high production value and proper 3D, Killzone 3 will be the most visually amazing FPS.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Its always the simple things.

People talking about health issues, dizzyness nausia alot of that is cause by the extreemly low FOV, I dont even use this level of FOV for zoom in Quake Live
    cg_zoomfov "75"

Apprentice
    Dude its So funny how people are hating on 3D They are making the game in 2D too for those who cant see 3D its not like the quality of the game will decrease because there adding 3D for those who cant see 3D That sucks and I promise I will Enjoy it that much more for all you unfortunate ones for the rest of you that are hating on 3D because you cant afford a 3D TV you suck and yes i will enjoy it too that much more for you while you giving me the (old man "Get off my lawn look") from the side...Hater

Topic: I will be getting my 3D upgrade either Black Friday or after the new year either way i will be upgraded I just got to find out who wants a 50" panny Plasma for between $300-500 Having both will jut be to much TV when i only use it for movies and games

Dedicated Member
    The Demo at PAX was an alpha build, you can still see a lot of blocky textures and a few visual glitches, but overall the experience was amazing. Almost the same feeling I got when playing Super Stardust HD in 3-D.

The game looked like it was coming along just fine to me. I didn't notice a lot of visual slow-down and the environmental detail was what was expected of Guerrilla Games. I am really looking forward to it now...

And my new 3-D TV when the time comes.
    All praises to the Playstation!
    -Samuel L. Jackson

PS3 Trophies

Urban Ethnic
    PSN ID
    bfd_josh
    meh, 3d gives me headache, i just hope the 2d dosent suffer from all the work done on 3d, saying that it will be pretty sweet
    PSN - BFD_JOSH

Thread Information