Latest PSU headlines:

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Veteran
    Next Level's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    3,895 (0 Banked)

    Friends can't hear me on XBL but I can hear them (+rep)

    Problem #2 of the day.

    I've opened all the ports on my router that MS say is needed for things such as chat.

    I've no idea what else to do... I've browsed around my 360 settings and can't find anything.

  2. #2
    I'm A Monster!
    efs5030's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,572
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    3,097 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I know this is an obvious statement but does the microphone part work because maybe its broken but the earpiece isn't?

    Sig By FinalReaper.
    Socom/Trophy Card.



  3. #3
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,665
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    3,466 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Go to send someone a PM on LIVE then play it back to yourself and if you cant hear anything then it's your mic thats broken

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Next Level's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    3,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by efs5030 View Post
    I know this is an obvious statement but does the microphone part work because maybe its broken but the earpiece isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Go to send someone a PM on LIVE then play it back to yourself and if you cant hear anything then it's your mic thats broken
    Can't hear anything. It's a new mic though, first time I've touched it.

    But if it's broke then...

  5. #5
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,394
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,466 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Make sure the microphone works. Record a message to a friend and listen to it (obviously don't send the message). If it's working, your NAT may be causing issues. Go to Dashboard > My XBox > System Settings > Network Settings > Test XBox Live Connection. If your NAT is strict of closed then it will tell you. If not, then you have open NAT and the issue is something else.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Next Level's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    3,895 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Make sure the microphone works. Record a message to a friend and listen to it (obviously don't send the message). If it's working, your NAT may be causing issues. Go to Dashboard > My XBox > System Settings > Network Settings > Test XBox Live Connection. If your NAT is strict of closed then it will tell you. If not, then you have open NAT and the issue is something else.
    My NAT is open but I can't hear a message if I record it, so obviously this NEW (sigh) mic is already broken.

    Thanks anyway.

  7. #7
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,394
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,466 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Level View Post
    My NAT is open but I can't hear a message if I record it, so obviously this NEW (sigh) mic is already broken.

    Thanks anyway.
    This may be super obvious... but you have the mic clicked to talk, right? lol

    It MAY actually be your controller. If you have a friend with a 360 mic, connect it to your controller and try it. My last controller had issues working with both of my mics. I had to jiggle it around for it to work, and even then only half the time it would work.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  8. #8
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    7,978
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    42,328 (0 Banked)
    Assuming you didn't mute yourself and the hardware is function, parental control setting could be preventing you from communicating with your friends. You will have go go those settings and change them.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Next Level's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    23
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    3,895 (0 Banked)
    Edit:

    At above: I've checked Parental Control too, I don't have a child's account.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    This may be super obvious... but you have the mic clicked to talk, right? lol

    It MAY actually be your controller. If you have a friend with a 360 mic, connect it to your controller and try it. My last controller had issues working with both of my mics. I had to jiggle it around for it to work, and even then only half the time it would work.
    I was worried that I'd be dumb enough to do that too so I checked with it clicked both ways


    Edit:

    It was the mic that was broken, exchanged it today and it works fine, thanks all.

    I'll be annoyed whether it's the controller or mic. Probably had this 360 for a month, barely played it other than Alan Wake so if the controllers broken it's a bit of a "wtf" moment. Also this is the first time I've even touched the mic, so if that's broken I'll be just as confused.

    Also I don't have anybody nearby with a 360 so I can't test either of them elsewhere. Thinking of taking a gamble and running to a shop and just buying a new mic.
    Last edited by Next Level; 09-18-2010 at 14:19.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.