Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3343
Results 1,051 to 1,073 of 1073
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Breaking bad did what it did with delivery, the writing in terms of setting things up was probably the best Ive seen in shows, I think thats really where it wowed people, their was scenes that seemed completely irrelevant to the show and off story, and yet it always always came back in a way that made you go wow that was connected to the story all along.
    Had the show been shot in a more straightforward manner, we may have not even liked it even with 90% of the dialogue the exact same.

Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Watch all 5 seasons of The Wire and then tell me the writing in Breaking Bad is better.

The tiniest of details in the wire matter. And it does all of this without fancy cinematic shots.

TapaTalking from my Mind.
    PC: i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | RoG Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel
    360mm + 120mm Radiators | Liang D5 pump | Primochill tubing | Barrow Fittings

500GB Black PS4

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Watch all 5 seasons of The Wire and then tell me the writing in Breaking Bad is better.

The tiniest of details in the wire matter. And it does all of this without fancy cinematic shots.

I don't even think the dialogue in breaking bad is the best Ive seen on TV.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I don't even think the dialogue in breaking bad is the best Ive seen on TV.
    Definitely not. It's the writing of the plot.

5. Likes mynd likes this post
    Elite Sage

PSN ID
    Lymphatik
    Ah, good. Lol. Don't get me wrong, I love breaking bad. I just don't think it's on the same level as The Wire.

Scenes like the courtroom scene or discussing and comparing Chess to the 'game' or even just what happen to the guy who created Chicken Nuggets. The dialogue between the characters is incredible

PC: i7-3930K | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3
    EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ | Corsair AX1200i | RoG Swift | Corsair Obsidian 800D

Watercooling: EK-Bay Spin Reservoir | EKWB Supremacy | EKWB Titan X Acetal+Nickel
    360mm + 120mm Radiators | Liang D5 pump | Primochill tubing | Barrow Fittings

500GB Black PS4

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I haven't watched season 2 yet, since I've been told it's a low point. It took me a while to watch season 1 already. I'll eventually power through!

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

I Do Admin Thingies

PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    This last season of Falling Skies has really sucked balls. Very disappointing. I hope the final two episodes are good.

I can't wait for Season 2 of Humans. I give Season 1 a 9/10.

Mr. Robot is pretty great so far. Very different.

"Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

9. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I agree about FS. They seem to be walking like a zombie to the end. It feels like they are simply pacing to another season's which we all know isn't happening.

I've got the finale of humans left to watch. That show is amazing. I've been waiting for something great to come along for me. I think humans is it.

I've got all of Mr. Robot inn dvr. So I'm going to check that out in slow series times.

I Do Admin Thingies

PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    Mr. Robot is brilliantly written and well cast. I think you'll enjoy it.

And yeah ... FS feels like they're just rushing to get the show over with. Almost none of this season pertains to the actual story and doesn't make any sense. They're all just trudging along doing BS things that serve no purpose. They never should've offed Alexis. She was one of the best parts of the show. And they turned Lourdes into a nut job that you just wanted to punch in the face just so it'd be easier to let her go as well. They took characters out of the show that gave it some humanity. Everyone's an emotionless drone now. Tom Mason is just an irresponsible, selfish douche bag. He's the polar opposite of how his character was originally. He puts himself before everyone else ... never does anything rationally ... and keeps secrets of all the dumb crap happening with him and whatever aliens are contacting him. He just leaves everyone in the dark at all times. And his oldest son is nauseatingly douchey. The only time I like him is when he's in utter peril ... then he actually does a bit of acting. I almost don't even care if any of the characters die at this point. I stopped caring a while ago.

Humans had a great finale. I'm interested where they're going to go with the story. There's not a lot of special effects, but it's done well.

12. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Agreed. They ruined what was a pretty solid formula. Nothing great but it was good. It's just like they are coming up with everything off the cuff for hell of it. I haven't seen tonight's episode but last week's episode was cringe worthy how dumb and pointless it was. Just fillers that the show has come so known for doing. I mean the whole point of where they are in the point of the way has become moot. I mean seriously the finish line is there. Regardless if they make it there it not had become. Lets go as far away possible as we can away from it to add unneeded drama. Like the situation that transpired in the last episode. Completely useless in the grand scheme. As much as i hate to say it. I'm ready for the end just to see how this train wreck of a final season ends.

I Do Admin Thingies

PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    You're going to hate this episode even more as it takes place before the last episode ... lol. At least the first half anyway. The good news is that entire situation gets resolved and it looks like they're finally moving on from that pointless situation. That's all I'm gonna say. It was just a waste of time.

I feel the same way. I just want the damn show over with. I'm gonna wait two weeks and just watch the last two episodes back to back.

Sonata Dusk
    Only show I've watched recently was Kill la Kill on Netflix. It was $#@!ing awesome. Like, goddamn is that a great anime. The intricacies of it are just fantastic. You start watching it and it seems like some flashy, overly-sexualized fan-service of a show but it's really not. It grows and it becomes something spectacular, both in story, character development, and action.

Everything about it is just perfect. It starts small and ends big. It has no bull$#@! filler, and what is close to filler ends up adding to the characters and central storyline. There's a great plot twist that totally catches you off guard. The show is aware of how ridiculous it is and it totally capitalizes on it. The OST is superb and I find myself listening to it a lot. The combination of serious action and whacky humor is amazing.

I genuinely can't think of anything wrong with the show.

It's time to go watch Kill la Kill if you haven't!

I Do Admin Thingies

PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    I just started watching that on Crunchyroll ... but it was late and I realized that's not something to watch while I'm tired, lol. It has a very unique art style. I just finished Sword Art Online II and I wasn't expecting to sob like a little $#@! at the end, but it happened. I'm not particularly fond of storylines involving terminally ill characters. :/

Sonata Dusk
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I just started watching that on Crunchyroll ... but it was late and I realized that's not something to watch while I'm tired, lol. It has a very unique art style.
    Kill la Kill's art style is amazing. It would not be the same without it.

I really hope you plan on giving it another try, preferably when you're well awake and have a high-quality stream of it. Please do not watch anything low quality. Or in English (I hear the English dub is actually decent but the Japanese VA's are just soooo good).

I just finished Sword Art Online II and I wasn't expecting to sob like a little $#@! at the end, but it happened. I'm not particularly fond of storylines involving terminally ill characters. :/
    Sword Art Online II...?

I tried watching Sword Art Online about a week ago but I couldn't really get into it. I didn't have any issues with it but it felt... slow? I don't know. Nothing in particular was grabbing my attention after three episodes. It's a neat idea and I like how it has the balls to actually kill people, but there was never that incentive at the end of an episode that made me want to see more.

Maybe I was still coming off my Kill la Kill high (which I finished a few days before that). I'll watch a few more episodes some time.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    i just started Falling skies, just done S05E02, is the last season that bad?! been a huge fan of it since day one
    struggling to stick with mr robot at
    humans was $#@!

recommendations -

Power
    the brink
    the strain
    the last ship

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Fs is better than last season, Mr robot, hell how could you not watch after this weeks bombshell? I watch all those but power, can recommend them all as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    i just started Falling skies, just done S05E02, is the last season that bad?! been a huge fan of it since day one
    struggling to stick with mr robot at
    humans was $#@!

recommendations -

Power
    the brink
    the strain
    the last ship
    FS just feels Like it's going nowhere with a couple episodes left.

I Do Admin Thingies

PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Yes ... it's balls.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Rate The Last TV Show You've Seen!

Yes ... it's balls.
    Oh its not that bad. Its just not exactly acknowledging the fact that we need a grand finale. If we didn't know this was the final season I would say this isn't a bad season at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Do Admin Thingies

PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    But that's exactly the point ... this the final season and they're just dicking around for no reason and the story is everywhere. This season is a total mess. There's only two episodes left and there is exactly zero build up to the end. So yes ... it IS that bad.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Wayward Pines , watched first five episodes as now, it is going amazing. If this movie was directed by JJ first 3 episodes would be a season by itself. The story has an amazing pace, I feel like watching a movie. There are a few holes I couldn't figure out but director seems to explain stuff after stuff, wondering what mysteries I am going to see next.
    It is 9/10 for me.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Forum Sage
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I went through Falling Skies recently, and am up to date(ish?). Seen episode 7, I didn't know this was the last season, as you guys have said... it doesn't seem to be building to anything, shame.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    But that's exactly the point ... this the final season and they're just dicking around for no reason and the story is everywhere. This season is a total mess. There's only two episodes left and there is exactly zero build up to the end. So yes ... it IS that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Wayward Pines , watched first five episodes as now, it is going amazing. If this movie was directed by JJ first 3 episodes would be a season by itself. The story has an amazing pace, I feel like watching a movie. There are a few holes I couldn't figure out but director seems to explain stuff after stuff, wondering what mysteries I am going to see next.
    It is 9/10 for me.
    This show just keeps upping the story line Shingo. Its nice to watch a show where they had a clear story from the get go. Its a very fast moving show. By episode 5 you will have hit what most shows would hold back as their big reveal for end of season 2. No filler episodes in this show.
    Last edited by mynd; 1 Week Ago at 21:07.

Thread Information