Apprentice

Love it but all the accessories!

Hi, first of all I love the move. It works great and has buttons! Can't imagine playing bowling or tennis on Kinect, how would you let the game know you're letting go of the ball?

But all the accessories is just insane. I think the average consumer will get lost. Because for the full experience, which we all want, we'd need:

- 2x move controllers (or 4 with a friend, just one controller works but not best)
    - Nav controller (or BR remote, either way the left side of the Dual shock 3 doesn't work well enough)
    - Charging dock (all the sticks need to go somewhere when not in use, and you'd actually need two just to stock the 2x move controllers and the navigational controller )

So this comes down to about $120, and it's just for one person! What do you think of the accessories situation? And which would you buy?

My review of the Move: Playstation move review
    I love to write about PlayStation and publish it here: PlayStationOrb

Elite Guru
    Don't think so. Have you seen what stuff you can get Wii mote?

For the full Wii experience you need

Wii remote
    Wii motion plus add on
    Nunchuck add on

It also has tonnes of accessories for it.

Incidentally, I used the left side of a sixaxis with no problems in playing mag, at least you have the option.

For the full experience as you put it you need the following

One Move starter pack
    One additional move remote
    One navigation controller

Or

PS EYE
    2 Move wands
    1 nav controller.

You do not need the charging dock at all. The standard USB cables that charge your sixaxis/dualshock will do. I charge my controllers from my BT home hub.

You don't actually NEED the navigation controller either. As mentioned - I played MAG with a wand/sixaxis to great effect.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mcav View Post
    I charge my controllers from my BT home hub.
    I forgot there is a USB port on the back, I tried to use it as a media server by plugging in a harddrive but as it isn't USB 2.0 it was VVVVV Slow. I will now use to charge instead (Plus Rep).

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinNL View Post
    So this comes down to about $120, and it's just for one person! What do you think of the accessories situation? And which would you buy?
    Well, I bought 2 Move controllers and a Nav controller on launch. Right now I don't have a charger because I am waiting for the (good) four dock charging station instead of buying two 2 dock charging stations. It costs $29.99 on Amazon and it comes out at the perfect time for me, right when The Fight comes out when I will be buying two more Move controllers.
    http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Station...6462748&sr=8-9

That's it as far as accessories for me right now. I might be picking up two of these in the near future though:
    http://www.amazon.com/MOVE-Precision-Shot-3-Playstation/dp/B003UF24SI/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_a

The other accessories don't interest me much, but ya, after I get my 4 Moves, Charging station, and Nav controller I will have spent $260, so it can add up quickly. Though right now is a good time for me and my daughter is at the age where she can start enjoying it, so I went for the complete package.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Is the charging dock official (by Sony?) and does it charge Navs or just Moves?

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by crosspjc View Post
    I forgot there is a USB port on the back, I tried to use it as a media server by plugging in a harddrive but as it isn't USB 2.0 it was VVVVV Slow. I will now use to charge instead (Plus Rep).
    I'm going to have a look at mine, but I have the feeling that the new homehub 2.0 has USB 2. I'll hook up my phone and see what happens and let you know.

Forum Sage
    I've bought 3 moves already and the camera and then I need one more to be able to do the "proper" 2 player mode but hey, it defo adds up. I would rather slap it all down and not have to think about it. More remotes is not what I really want but I enjoy move so hey lol. I've got like 5 360 controllers 2 dualshocks, 4 Wii remotes and now 3 moves. My mrs is going nuts lol
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mcav View Post
    I'm going to have a look at mine, but I have the feeling that the new homehub 2.0 has USB 2. I'll hook up my phone and see what happens and let you know.
    I have the v1.5 home hub so v2.0 may have a USB 2.0.

Christmas Thief
    The official charger looks so cool, but here's a quad charger for $20.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Is the charging dock official (by Sony?) and does it charge Navs or just Moves?
    The charging dock is official, at least the Sony one is. I'm not sure if there's other ones out yet. And yes it charges both Move and nav controllers.

Dedicated Member
    Yeah, I'll be spending over to $300 just to start. I'm gonna get the starter pack, 3 additional moves, a nav controller, & a game.

Master Poster
    Items Solid SnakeKonami
    I'm finish for now with my accessories. At the start I bought, our version of the bundle(eye toy and Move controller only, no game), an extra Move controller and Sport Champions. It cost me around $NZ 200, I traded one psp and ps3 game for it, just to help bring the price to that range. A few days later, I decided to try on Heavy Rain with the Move. A day after that I went to look for a Nav controller.

Now I have, 2 Move controllers, and 1 Nav. I was thinking of buying the charging dock but I'll pass, maybe when I get more controllers I will. For now though, the accessories I have is keeping me happy wiht my Movement. lol

Apprentice

I bought a starter pack the Friday it came out, gave my buddy the cam since I already had one, played some sports champions and then went back out sat afternoon to pick up a second move and nav and luckily somebody had already returned both items so I got them at a discounted price. I've enjoyed the move and may even get two more after the fight comes out. They need to up the bt limit on the ps3, with a mic, 4 ds3, 2 move, a nav and a remote I am easily over it's limit but surprisingly have never had to retrain any of them for the ps3, but if I get 2 more moves I'm sure I will encounter something like that.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by legaldisaster View Post
    I bought a starter pack the Friday it came out, gave my buddy the cam since I already had one, played some sports champions and then went back out sat afternoon to pick up a second move and nav and luckily somebody had already returned both items so I got them at a discounted price. I've enjoyed the move and may even get two more after the fight comes out. They need to up the bt limit on the ps3, with a mic, 4 ds3, 2 move, a nav and a remote I am easily over it's limit but surprisingly have never had to retrain any of them for the ps3, but if I get 2 more moves I'm sure I will encounter something like that.
    You wont, you just can't have anymore than 7 devices connected at one time. You can have unlimited synced. Atleast thats my understanding.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Sage
    I got the official sony charger and its awesome, gonna get another one when i see it going cheap. Places like grainger games in the uk have already started discounting the move stuff, i think sales may have slowed down now until closer to christmas, so you might be able to pick up some bits for cheaper if you need it.

i recomend the sony charger, it looks awesome and is well built
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Elite Member

Just a heads up, Toys R Us is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all games, game guides, gaming apparel AND accessories. If you feel accessories are too costly, depending on what you want out of Move you can do well by this sale to save a bit of cash. You can also mix and match so getting two Move controllers and a game free wouldn't be a bad way to go.

Master Poster
    Items Solid SnakeKonami
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    I got the official sony charger and its awesome, gonna get another one when i see it going cheap. Places like grainger games in the uk have already started discounting the move stuff, i think sales may have slowed down now until closer to christmas, so you might be able to pick up some bits for cheaper if you need it.

i recomend the sony charger, it looks awesome and is well built
    Now I'm really thinking of getting that charger. It would look good in my room, somewhere.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrum View Post
    Just a heads up, Toys R Us is having a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all games, game guides, gaming apparel AND accessories. If you feel accessories are too costly, depending on what you want out of Move you can do well by this sale to save a bit of cash. You can also mix and match so getting two Move controllers and a game free wouldn't be a bad way to go.
    Is this on line or just in store?

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Mate View Post
    The charging dock is official, at least the Sony one is. I'm not sure if there's other ones out yet. And yes it charges both Move and nav controllers.
    Good to know, thanks. Will pick one up at some point because they look pretty good.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by crosspjc View Post
    Is this on line or just in store?
    Both.

Thread Information