Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

New 360 Slim version of the RROD: The E82 error

Sucks to be him. I've also heard stories about the light on the power brick turning red. lol
    http://www.thegameraccess.com/videos...ath-e-82-error

SnowHawk
    awesome video (not about his 360 failing but how funny he was)

sucks to be him though, I hope mine doesn't do that.

Supreme Veteran
    It's sad it happens to anyone, we've all been there with failing 360's and PS3's...

Though if it was only to happen to 1 guy then he's the right guy for it to happen to, you can tell he's a douche bag. You'd think he'd be more understanding considering he even stated his PS3 died on him already.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Forum Sage
    its crazy how its always the guy with the fancy blog and gaming website wannabe that gets these faulties and films them lol. I love his I hardly played it comments etc, like he is trying to make out how terrible it is. I think its pretty awesome that its been 3 months and this is the first report ive seen, id seen a few ones on the slim ps3 not taking disks etc by this time last year
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    It's sad it happens to anyone, we've all been there with failing 360's and PS3's...

Though if it was only to happen to 1 guy then he's the right guy for it to happen to, you can tell he's a douche bag. You'd think he'd be more understanding considering he even stated his PS3 died on him already.
    I agree. He definitely sounds like a douche. Also agree with what Dasimpse said.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 10-16-2010 at 06:52.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Sucks to be him. I've also heard stories about the light on the power brick turning red. lol
    http://www.thegameraccess.com/videos...ath-e-82-error
    I dont know But I tihnk that would kinda scare me... I'd be like uh @#$%... And then turn it off and unplug it then run away and hide in a corner weeping softly until someone finds me 3 hours later and asks whats the matter, only for the power brick to turn out to be a secret transformer and eat the person, so i then throw water on it and kill it..... (ok maybe minus that last bit) :P
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Elite Guru
    Items CoD: World at WarEA SportsActivision Logo360 SlimModern Warfare 3
    My slim has already has already got the RDOD
    Also, unlike the guy in the video no E82 error appears, the TV just says no signal....

#CoolCoolCool

A God Amongst Men
    LMAO! Poor Microsoft, they just haven't got any luck! I'll still be picking one of these new ones up. Software is king after all and I need more HDD space.

Master Guru
    That what happening if you still cutting corners.The 360 still needs better cooling....
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post

I've not "been there" with any console I own.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    its crazy how its always the guy with the fancy blog and gaming website wannabe that gets these faulties and films them lol. I love his I hardly played it comments etc, like he is trying to make out how terrible it is. I think its pretty awesome that its been 3 months and this is the first report ive seen, id seen a few ones on the slim ps3 not taking disks etc by this time last year
    There are plenty of videos and other reports of it happening. I hope this doesn't fall upon my Reach 360. That will probably be the last straw for me as far as purchasing future stuff from Microsoft. My Elite lasted only two years before it had to be replaced. Luckily, I've managed to play that thing into the ground, and it's still working fine.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Half a million sold this month alone - we'll soon hear about it if it's prevalent. For now I'm reserving judgement and remaining cautiously optimistic as there's always a percentage that will fail where electronics goods are concerned

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Power Member
    Items User name style
    E82 has been around since launch of the slim, it happens to the odd person, so far, it hasnt happend to the un-odd person

At least it isnt happening to the odd girl...

Last edited by mynd; 10-16-2010 at 11:49.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    So apparently his 80gb PS3 died, which is hardly ever reported for YLOD. The 60GB PS3 is the most common one to break.

Soon after that his brand new 5-6 months old 360 died.. really? I think it has something to do with how he has them setup in the room. There is no way that's a coincidence that both of them broke so quickly, really has to with overheating problem and the way his gaming setup is.

Elite Member

Microsoft continues to prove to everyone that they still don't know how to build reliable hardware. You'd think after the redesign they'd get it right. This is why I won't be buying a Microsoft game console next-gen until a few years after they are out.

Out of all the consoles I still own, the only ones that have ever given me problems were made by Microsoft. My original Xbox had issues with it's DVD-ROM, but that pales in comparison to the three Xbox 360's that have died on me, either due to RROD or E74.

Nintendo, Sony, Sega ---- all of the consoles I own by these manufacturers still function properly, even my NES from 1985. With Xbox, it's pretty much day-to-day.

ManFurismoJive
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadside View Post
    Microsoft continues to prove to everyone that they still don't know how to build reliable hardware. You'd think after the redesign they'd get it right. This is why I won't be buying a Microsoft game console next-gen until a few years after they are out.

Out of all the consoles I still own, the only ones that have ever given me problems were made by Microsoft. My original Xbox had issues with it's DVD-ROM, but that pales in comparison to the three Xbox 360's that have died on me, either due to RROD or E74.

Nintendo, Sony, Sega ---- all of the consoles I own by these manufacturers still function properly, even my NES from 1985. With Xbox, it's pretty much day-to-day.
    Have they not sold millions of new consoles though? It seems very little are getting problems? Even if 1000 has defected so far considering they have millions of consoles out there you still dont think that is reliable? Im amazed your Sony consoles still run LOL i went through 4 PS1's 3 PS2's and im on my 3rd PS3? Maybe your the most lucky console owner on the planet.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManFurismoJive View Post
    Have they not sold millions of new consoles though? It seems very little are getting problems? Even if 1000 has defected so far considering they have millions of consoles out there you still dont think that is reliable? Im amazed your Sony consoles still run LOL i went through 4 PS1's 3 PS2's and im on my 3rd PS3? Maybe your the most lucky console owner on the planet.
    I have no doubt that the slim is more reliable than the older models. But that doesn't mean that Microsoft makes reliable hardware, it just means the latest design is better.

Power Member
    Items User name style

Sweeping generailzation about your experience=the worlds expereince duely noted.

Master Guru
    Every piece of hardware has breakdowns. The real question will be if this new slim breaks down more than the average rate. Just expect a 5% failure rate with PS3s and 360s. That's enough for the people who do have faulty hardware to post about it on the internet and make it seem more common than it is.

Veteran
    Wouldn't you of had to of played the Xbox for a a really long time to have it RROD on you? 'cause I thought these new Slim version were better made and don't heat up as easily as the older models.

Forum Sage

If you take a look at his setup, you'll realize it's a cluster**** of a setup. He deserves to have his consoles die. He is obviously NOT taking care of any of his machines or games and is obviously NOT ready to be a grown up.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I've not "been there" with any console I own.
    Seconded. I feel sorry for people who have an xbox, or are thinking of buying one, as this problem continues to nag the system.

ManFurismoJive
    Quote Originally Posted by Copyright View Post
    Seconded. I feel sorry for people who have an xbox, or are thinking of buying one, as this problem continues to nag the system.
    Feeling sorry for people that want an Xbox? This place is crazy

vaultdweller
    The problem is that anyone with a faulty Xbox will ***** and moan about it saying 'they still haven't fixed it' etc etc, when in fact the failure rate is probably the industry average now. This is all because Microsoft screwed up so badly with the original Xenon launch, that any fault now is seen as a huge problem.

Also, I read a lot of stuff about the supposedly new feature that shuts down the Xbox-S when it gets too hot. Well the old one had that too, it was 2 red lights. The problem was it shut off when it got so hot it was too late!

Lol -just noticed on this page (on my screen at least) there is an advert for heat guns - maybe I'll go fix a few old Xbox's with one.

Forum Sage

Why not goto YouTube and search faulty ps3 slim. There are loads of those aswell man. Seriousley.

On another not I would cry if my reach one broke I've just transferred my licenses too
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Thread Information