Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Forum Sage
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim

Playstation Move sells 2.5 Million Units Worldwide in 30 days.

Sony Computer Entertainment America has finally provided a sales number for its first month of PlayStation Move sales: 1 million units. The company previously said the motion controller was selling "extremely well," but failed to give data. In Europe, SCEE said that Move had sold 1.5 million units. SCEA boss Jack Tretton has noted that Move is in very high demand, and currently demand for Move is ahead of supply. Sony actually doesn't expect to have enough supply to meet the demand until February. "We had to go back and increase production twice, we're absolutely maxed out right now," Tretton said, according to Reuters.
    Source.

The combined sales exceeded some analysts' expectations.
    "It's ahead of what I thought previously," said Michael Pachter, an analyst with Wedbush Securities. "I think that they are a lock to sell 3 to 4 million by Dec. 31, and a lock to hit more than 5 million by fiscal year end" on March 31.
    Source

Playstation Move launched today in Japan too. Those numbers will be interesting viewing.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Some people are eating crow
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie View Post
    Gonna head over to N4G and see how the Xbox fanboys try to spin this.
    Aquanox post there sometimes. I'm going to go see what's all being said there too.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-21-2010 at 22:36.

ERC1980
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Aquanox post there sometimes. I'm going to go see what's all being said there too.
    ahh so that's were the posterchild lurks lol

Elite Member
    Good news for Sony.

Some people are eating crow
    Gonna head over to N4G and see how the Xbox fanboys try to spend this.

Edit: Should be spin not spend...xD

Please use the edit button instead of double-posting.

Ixion
    Last edited by Ixion; 10-22-2010 at 00:10.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie View Post
    Good news for Sony.

Gonna head over to N4G and see how the Xbox fanboys try to spend this.
    Why do you care so much about what Xbox fanboys have to say? Plus 95 percent of the members at N4G actually seem to be PS3 fanboys. At least judging by the type of ignorant comments in their news section as well as the type of 'articles' that get submitted and approved over there. Even fanboy blogs are posted as 'news' at N4G. That place is a joke.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Why do you care so much about what Xbox fanboys have to say? Plus 95 percent of the members at N4G actually seem to be PS3 fanboys. At least judging by the type of ignorant comments in their news section as well as the type of 'articles' that get submitted and approved over there. Even fanboy blogs are posted as 'news' at N4G. That place is a joke.
    I found it funny how the first sentence of your post was giving him crap about caring about fanboy wars, then the rest of your post dissolved into a fanboy rant.

As for Move. Did better than I thought for sure. Would like to see more Move only type games though, since this tech is supposed to push things forward. Games like MAG/SOCOM/KZ3 that have Move options is nice and cool, but I want to see creative use. More games like Sorcery or echochrome ii.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    The Shoots on rails isnt it? Maybe thats why they other one is having issues with drifiting.
    Yeah, The Shoot is on rails... when the screen moves, you even have to compensate for the drift in that game...

Veteran
    The sales numbers are pretty good but I like to believe the number is about half (if not less) of those sales figures are actually people buying Move. Well, their buying Moves, but you'll get the idea.

With games, consoles, even Kinect, you buy 1 and your set.

With SONYS Move you don't buy 1 Move. You buy 2 or 3 or even 4 plus a nav controller or 2. SONYs pricing strategy for Move is very good, but its also a nice way to skew the numbers in their own favor if you think about it.

Nonetheless, very good sales for SONY.
    ----------------------------------------------

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    The sales numbers are pretty good but I like to believe the number is about half (if not less) of those sales figures are actually people buying Move.
    So you're suggesting that on average every Move owner bought two Move's? Sure, there'll be plenty who bought two, but also plenty more who bought just one - myself included.

Dasimpse makes an interesting point, but I doubt Sony could be so ingenuous as to claim every Move-related peripheral is a Move controller.
    ______

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    The sales numbers are pretty good but I like to believe the number is about half (if not less) of those sales figures are actually people buying Move. Well, their buying Moves, but you'll get the idea.

With games, consoles, even Kinect, you buy 1 and your set.

With SONYS Move you don't buy 1 Move. You buy 2 or 3 or even 4 plus a nav controller or 2. SONYs pricing strategy for Move is very good, but its also a nice way to skew the numbers in their own favor if you think about it.

Nonetheless, very good sales for SONY.

Sony did that with move and Ms with the 360,different things but the same outcome.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Forum Sage
    I wouldn't say that's that amazing. What is a move? Is a navi controller a move sale? Like many have said. Every video I've seen is someone with atleast 2 and I have 4 personally and a charger. So yeh it might not actually be that amazing
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

SnowHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    I wouldn't say that's that amazing. What is a move? Is a navi controller a move sale? Like many have said. Every video I've seen is someone with atleast 2 and I have 4 personally and a charger. So yeh it might not actually be that amazing
    spin master at work, you have to take this guys word because he works at a shop.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowHawk View Post
    spin master at work, you have to take this guys word because he works at a shop.
    We have a dj in the room

I know Sub-stance1 will be very surprised by these numbers. They exceed his expectations(300k) by over triple the amount.

I'm glad Move is selling well. That means we'll see more and more support for it.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-21-2010 at 23:02.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    We have a dj in the room

I know Sub-stance1 will be very surprised by these numbers. They exceed his expectations(300k) by over triple the amount.

I'm glad Move is selling well. That means we'll see more and more support for it.
    Those are some good numbers for move. I did predict they would sell a million but not this fast:
    As for sales..It did pretty good in Europe and pretty much what i expected here in the states. They should be able to hit the million mark here pretty soon with the holidays.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Those are some good numbers for move. I did predict they would sell a million but not this fast:
    but you also said it wasn't doing as well as expected. so did you expect it to move 2.5 million units in 30 days even without being out in Japan?

Forum Sage
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim
    Nav sales don't count as Move sales. Nintendo don't count the nunchuck as a Wiimote sale.

Master Sage
    They aren't doing very well with keeping up with demand though. If they had the product on the shelves then it would be moving a lot more.

Master Guru

good news for Sony, but i hate all this motion stuff, for me its ruining gaming.
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

Veteran
    Yup, I believe more individuals purchased multiple move controllers over those that purchased just one.

As to whether Sony counts a nav controller as a move sale is anyone's guess until Sony confirms otherwise. Just because nintendo doesn't count nunchuks as Wii wand sales doesn't mean Sony doesn't count nav controllers as move sales.

MS used count 360 replacements as sales (so Ive heard.) but Sony didn't. 2 diff companies.

Elite Member
    Hey, maybe Sony count all the chargers, 'sheaths' and plasticky gun things as Move controllers as well - well, it says Move on the packaging doesn't it?
    ______

SnowHawk
    But the nav controller isn't called the Move so I think they are just talking about the Move controllers.

it doesn't matter how many people buy because it's still a sale to Sony.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowHawk View Post
    But the nav controller isn't called the Move so I think they are just talking about the Move controllers.

it doesn't matter how many people buy because it's still a sale to Sony.

Just what you said. Sony doesn't care how many you buy, they still count as a Move sold!

plus rep!
    World Series Champions SF Giants!!!!! Grumpy Old Troll

Veteran
    A sales a sale. No denying that and the numbers themselves are good. Especially for a peripheral.

I'm just pointing pointing out that the number may not quite be what it seams.

While they do represent sales, unlike with consoles sales or games sales you can't look at the number and say 2.5 million sold so 2. 5 million people bout a move. I would think more along the lines of less then 1. 5 millionpeople did. Their sales strategy skews the nimbers in their favor.

Elite Member
    Faaeng, I agree with you - the sales numbers do not represent the number of Move-owning users but the number of Move controllers sold. Funnily enough, Sony aren't claiming this either, so it isn't fair to say their sales strategy skews the number in their favour; if people are foolish enough to assume that 2.5M sales = 2.5M unique Move owners then they need to think again.
    ______

Thread Information