Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 61
  1. #26
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,548
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    77,472 (302,302 Banked)
    i like the demo idk why you all $#@!ing



  2. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
  3. #27
    Superior Member
    EvilJ0k3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Age
    20
    Posts
    553
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    2,681 (0 Banked)
    I loved this demo! Idk why everyone is complaining about it!?

    Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

  4. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
  5. #28
    Superior Member
    zex494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sanc Kingdom
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Age
    27
    Posts
    547
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    2,209 (0 Banked)
    djpenny,jok3r, everyone has posted repeatedly why they hate the reboot to continue to ask why everyone is still complaining is waste of time. QFT
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

  6. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  7. #29
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,377
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    21,589 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by zex494 View Post
    1. I'm a big DMC fan too, but what can we do? Complaining won't help.
    dont support the piece of $#@! by not buying it

    2. DMC's story was ALL OVER THE PLACE
    it was not,out of sequence? sure. but it had a story, it went DMC 3,1,2,4. Get it right.

    3.What you guys must understand is that this is NOT a prequel. It is a reboot..
    Seems everyone here agrees with that,the developers,however are trying to make long term fans feel better by saying that it is a prequel which is the reason for this thread so why even make this statement in your post.

    4.It is a reboot, a re-imagination of Devil May Cry in a completely new setting
    That is the reason fans are pissed. By this logic we should accept a reboot of Mario where he is a black gardener saving his petunias from the evil caterpillar empire,a Zelda where Link is swimming Goron that has to destroy Life Mountain,a Metroid where this little alien boy named Samus helps his ppl invade Earth and destroy all life. My point is if fans are happy with the current franchise,you don't F it in the B with a reboot.

    5.In this game, Dante is nephilim. He is the child of a demon and an angel, NOT a demon and a human.
    Then that ain't Dante,Sparda,his father,was a demon and his mother was human. nuff said

    6.Stop whining and $#@!ing and either play the game or leave it
    Looks like most ppl here will NOT be getting it,so again, why even put this in your post
    The order, its 3.1,4 and then 2.

  8. #30
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,309
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,783 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    The order, its 3.1,4 and then 2.
    I always thought it was 3, 1,2,4 since in 4 Dante is noticeably older than what he was in 2.

    Still yet to try the new demo but I wouldn't even count it as part of the current 4 games. Oh and zex's post was spot on


    Via Tapatalk

  9. #31
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    PSN ID
    Kalas4000
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    246 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    The order, its 3.1,4 and then 2.
    no dim wit is 3 1 2 and than 4 you clearly dont understand

    also i can understand the game for being a reboot i'm fine with that its just when they said the game is a retelling of his past who will become the dante we know and all is what makes me mad.

    Ninja theory should just say Reboot thats all and not try to say we are just telling his story all over again

  10. #32
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,100
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    28,043 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Ughh i hate seeing posts about someone $#@!ing about a game and then you see someone commenting on "why you $#@!ing?!" FFS people can complain about games just as you're are complaining about them "$#@!ing" about a game.The irony of my is that i'm "$#@!ing" about people who $#@! about others $#@!ing.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  11. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
  12. #33
    Superior Member
    zex494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sanc Kingdom
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Age
    27
    Posts
    547
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    2,209 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    The order, its 3.1,4 and then 2.
    4 was the last entry Dante had just returned from the other world (forget it's name) after his fight with Argosax
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

  13. #34
    Elite Member
    Suzano-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brittanya O'Campo's undergarments...
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    5,907 (0 Banked)
    It seems that everyone who has actually played the demo enjoys it...
    And the ones who were hellbent on not touching anything even remotely related to the game from the start, let alone a demo, are still complaining...

  14. #35
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,402
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    14,636 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post
    It seems that everyone who has actually played the demo enjoys it...
    And the ones who were hellbent on not touching anything even remotely related to the game from the start, let alone a demo, are still complaining...
    No $#@!ing $#@!. It's pretty damn obvious that people don't like this alternate universe/reboot $#@!.

    Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

  15. #36
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,309
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,783 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post
    It seems that everyone who has actually played the demo enjoys it...
    And the ones who were hellbent on not touching anything even remotely related to the game from the start, let alone a demo, are still complaining...
    I was the latter, then I played the demo now I feel better about it. Long term fans, as I've said in the other thread, just need to think of it as non-canon/not part of the old Dante's storyline and I'm sure it will be enjoyable for them

  16. #37
    Apprentice
    MBS D@v!d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    2,948 (0 Banked)
    DMC3 is first. Then comes DMC1. Then comes DMC4, then DMC2. But it could be 3, 1, 2, 4 too. But at the end of DMC2, Dante says "Let's go straight to hell". And he looks older in DMC4 because he's rendered in HD and with much much better graphics. I say he's the oldest in DMC2. In the HD collection, the cover of DMC2 shows Dante rendered in great graphics and he looks about the same age as in DMC4. I didn't like that they changed his facial features for DMC4 though.


    DMC - the reboot - will rock. For me at least. I don't care what you guys say. I enjoy the old DMC's and this new one. Just go and complain about it - it won't make you happier.

    By the way: I know the story of DMC (3, 1, 4, 2 or 3, 1, 2, 4) and it didn't make sense as a whole for the most part anymore. Yeah DMC4 opened it up a little again for a sequel, but whatever...

    Why would you say "would we change Mario, Zelda or Metroid?"?! You can't compare DMC to that. DMC NEEDED a re-imagination in my opinion.


    Oh and don't take every word from interviews SO SERIOUS... I mean they are humans too. You're in front of cameras, you're asked questions and you talk... then they ask you "is it a prequel? is it a reboot?". Then this guy Tameem Antoniades says something like "I'd say it's a re-imagination of Dante and DMC. We apply the concept of DMC to a modern setting to create something new and exciting. The story is a prequel, it's an origin story, it's before Dante was Dante. It's about him becoming the badass he is"

    And then people start to (mis-)interpret it (I don't remember him saying it's a prequel!)... and they think it's a prequel to the original ones. And even if they said it was a prequel (in an interview), they mean that it is "a prequel" to the story to come. This Dante is a "prequel-Dante" to the Dante that he becomes during the game. Understood?

    It's simple to understand. I don't get it - why all the confusion and complaining about "THEY SAID IT'S A PREQUEL! BUT IT ISN'T!!!!"... For goodness sake people, GET A LIFE!
    Last edited by MBS D@v!d; 11-25-2012 at 17:09.

  17. #38
    Veteran
    Bio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Battlefield
    Posts
    4,087
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    8,302 (0 Banked)
    The OP poster (and perhaps the jounalist, too) is grasping at straws, I think. All Capcom said was "this is Dante before you knew who Dante was". Since when does that automatically mean it's a prequel set in the former universe? That could also mean it's an origin story of the NEW Dante before he really becomes true to himself (similar to the evolution of Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider reboot). Let's not forget that there are plenty of indications, many already mentioned here in the thread, that suggest this is, in fact, another universe.

    Gonna pass this one off as one giant False.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

  18. #39
    Elite Member
    Suzano-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brittanya O'Campo's undergarments...
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,787
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    5,907 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    No $#@!ing $#@!. It's pretty damn obvious that people don't like this alternate universe/reboot $#@!.
    I get the feeling that my point went over your head, so I'll simplify...
    What I was getting at was that the people who had logical doubts or listlessly hating alike that have played the demo have all changed their opinion to a positive one...

    While the small number people living on the internet whining about a change in hair color haven't played the demo and are still crying and taking agressive tones in regards to "alternate universe/reboot $#@!" for absolutely no real reason at all other than to hear themselves complain...

  19. Likes sainraja likes this post
  20. #40
    Superior Member
    zex494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sanc Kingdom
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Age
    27
    Posts
    547
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    2,209 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MBS D@v!d View Post
    DMC3 is first. Then comes DMC1. Then comes DMC4, then DMC2. But it could be 3, 1, 2, 4 too. But at the end of DMC2, Dante says "Let's go straight to hell". And he looks older in DMC4 because he's rendered in HD and with much much better graphics. I say he's the oldest in DMC2. In the HD collection, the cover of DMC2 shows Dante rendered in great graphics and he looks about the same age as in DMC4. I didn't like that they changed his facial features for DMC4 though.


    DMC - the reboot - will rock. For me at least. I don't care what you guys say. I enjoy the old DMC's and this new one. Just go and complain about it - it won't make you happier.

    By the way: I know the story of DMC (3, 1, 4, 2 or 3, 1, 2, 4) and it didn't make sense as a whole for the most part anymore. Yeah DMC4 opened it up a little again for a sequel, but whatever...

    Why would you say "would we change Mario, Zelda or Metroid?"?! You can't compare DMC to that. DMC NEEDED a re-imagination in my opinion.


    Oh and don't take every word from interviews SO SERIOUS... I mean they are humans too. You're in front of cameras, you're asked questions and you talk... then they ask you "is it a prequel? is it a reboot?". Then this guy Tameem Antoniades says something like "I'd say it's a re-imagination of Dante and DMC. We apply the concept of DMC to a modern setting to create something new and exciting. The story is a prequel, it's an origin story, it's before Dante was Dante. It's about him becoming the badass he is"

    And then people start to (mis-)interpret it (I don't remember him saying it's a prequel!)... and they think it's a prequel to the original ones. And even if they said it was a prequel (in an interview), they mean that it is "a prequel" to the story to come. This Dante is a "prequel-Dante" to the Dante that he becomes during the game. Understood?

    It's simple to understand. I don't get it - why all the confusion and complaining about "THEY SAID IT'S A PREQUEL! BUT IT ISN'T!!!!"... For goodness sake people, GET A LIFE!
    1a.DMC3 is first. Then comes DMC1. Then comes DMC4, then DMC2. But it could be 3, 1, 2, 4 too.
    pick which stance you wanna take guy,it's like your debating yourself
    b.But at the end of DMC2, Dante says "Let's go straight to hell". And he looks older in DMC4 because he's rendered in HD and with much much better graphics.
    Yes he does say that at the end of 2 but you should play DMC 4 again. I think it was Nero that made the statement "dude just got back from hell.." so yeah,there's proof in-game. As far as Dante looking older in 4 because of being in HD,come on man that's bull**** he looks older because he is. I'll admit that with tech available today developers are able to more with facial features and what-not but come on.

    2.I know the story of DMC (3, 1, 4, 2 or 3, 1, 2, 4) and it didn't make sense as a whole for the most part anymore.
    Really? ok. In 3,Dante and Virgil fight over the amulets left to them by their mother which,together,form a key to the other world and Sparda's power which Virgil wants. The game ends with Dante defeating his brother and Virgil willingly going to hell to fight Mundus like Sparda. In 1, Dante fights against Mundus who has control of Neo Angelo ,aka Vergil, because Vergil lost the fight to Mundus at the end of 3. (see that,its called continuity) In 2,the worst of the DMC games,Dante fights against Arius who is trying to get the power of Argosax,of course he defeats the lame villain but is trapped inside the portal to hell(or wherever) and ends the game saying "lets go to hell" In 4, Dante returns from the place only to find Vergil's sword Yamato to have been stolen by Trish so that he will go check out the cult that worships Sparda. blah,blah,blah you know the rest. Oh,and you know 4 comes after 2 b/c as i stated earlier Nero makes the remark "dude just got back from hell.." Also,i think it was the directer that confirms 4 comes after 2 i will try and find that interview later. There was story Devil May Cry and it wasnt hard to follow if you had an attention span that outlasts that of a goldfish

    3.Why would you say "would we change Mario, Zelda or Metroid?"?! You can't compare DMC to that.
    Why not? All three of those titles have a faithful fanbase that know the in's and outs of that game world. So did the original Devil May Cry series. And if any major changes occurred in Mario,Zelda,or Metroid you'd be foolish to think their respective fans wouldn't be up in arms. So yes,seems i can compare DMC to that.
    DMC NEEDED a re-imagination "in my opinion."
    and i can respect YOUR opinion,and you may even enjoy this remake,problem is, you are in the minority. the majority of the fanbase who the game is supposed to be aimed at do not like this and thoroughly disagree with you.

    4.Oh and don't take every word from interviews SO SERIOUS... I mean they are humans too. You're in front of cameras, you're asked questions and you talk...
    oh i get it,so we should treat all developers like Peter Molyneux and dont believe a word they say about their game. Come on man the reason for the interviews is so that the gaming community gets the facts about the upcoming titles.

    5.this guy Tameem Antoniades says something like "I'd say it's a re-imagination of Dante and DMC. We apply the concept of DMC to a modern setting to create something new and exciting. The story is a prequel, it's an origin story, it's before Dante was Dante.
    id tell him he's full of s*** b/c if it's a "re-imagining" its a reboot not a prequel. The Devil May Cry franchise already had an established origin story. I mean as someone previously stated (even in the DMC anime) they even showed us the family portrait with Dante having his trademark white hair.

    *sigh* after all this explaining only a quote from the original Dante will suffice: "What an ordeal"
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

  21. #41
    Superior Member
    zex494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sanc Kingdom
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Age
    27
    Posts
    547
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    2,209 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post
    I get the feeling that my point went over your head, so I'll simplify...
    What I was getting at was that the people who had logical doubts or listlessly hating alike that have played the demo have all changed their opinion to a positive one...

    While the small number people living on the internet whining about a change in hair color haven't played the demo and are still crying and taking agressive tones in regards to "alternate universe/reboot $#@!" for absolutely no real reason at all other than to hear themselves complain...
    wrong. i complain because i don't want to see the death of one my favorite characters and game series EDIT: also i have played the demo,i stand by my original statement,if they'd called it something else they wouldn't have caught so much flack
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

  22. #42
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,037
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    35,903 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yep just played the demo, enjoyed it immensely..might be my first DMC game since DMC1.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  23. #43
    Super Elite
    Croyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    397 (2,262 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by zex494 View Post
    1. I'm a big DMC fan too, but what can we do? Complaining won't help.
    dont support the piece of $#@! by not buying it

    2. DMC's story was ALL OVER THE PLACE
    it was not,out of sequence? sure. but it had a story, it went DMC 3,1,2,4. Get it right.

    3.What you guys must understand is that this is NOT a prequel. It is a reboot..
    Seems everyone here agrees with that,the developers,however are trying to make long term fans feel better by saying that it is a prequel which is the reason for this thread so why even make this statement in your post.

    4.It is a reboot, a re-imagination of Devil May Cry in a completely new setting
    That is the reason fans are pissed. By this logic we should accept a reboot of Mario where he is a black gardener saving his petunias from the evil caterpillar empire,a Zelda where Link is swimming Goron that has to destroy Life Mountain,a Metroid where this little alien boy named Samus helps his ppl invade Earth and destroy all life. My point is if fans are happy with the current franchise,you don't F it in the B with a reboot.

    5.In this game, Dante is nephilim. He is the child of a demon and an angel, NOT a demon and a human.
    Then that ain't Dante,Sparda,his father,was a demon and his mother was human. nuff said

    6.Stop whining and $#@!ing and either play the game or leave it
    Looks like most ppl here will NOT be getting it,so again, why even put this in your post
    Seriously, it's just a game.

    Probably won't be getting this game. I can't believe people actually liked the story of the old DMC's. They were terrible.
    I've just been watching the development of this game to watch people freak out for no reason. It's quite fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  24. #44
    Superior Member
    zex494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sanc Kingdom
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Age
    27
    Posts
    547
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    2,209 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Seriously, it's just a game.

    Probably won't be getting this game. I can't believe people actually liked the story of the old DMC's. They were terrible.
    I've just been watching the development of this game to watch people freak out for no reason. It's quite fun!
    yeah,we'll see what tune you guys are singing when they force a reboot of YOUR favorite game franchise that's has no resemblance of the original material..
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

  25. #45
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,982
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    14,687 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Its a reboot, its a prequel, its parallel dimension, it is whatever you want to call it so you'll buy it lol(had to post it)
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  26. Likes zex494 likes this post
  27. #46
    Super Elite
    Croyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    397 (2,262 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by zex494 View Post
    yeah,we'll see what tune you guys are singing when they force a reboot of YOUR favorite game franchise that's has no resemblance of the original material..
    Happened plenty of times already. Metal Gear Rising for instance, and thats one of the ones that looks to be shaping up quite good actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  28. #47
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,309
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,783 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Happened plenty of times already. Metal Gear Rising for instance, and thats one of the ones that looks to be shaping up quite good actually.
    Difference is, that isn't a reboot

  29. Likes zex494 likes this post
  30. #48
    Super Elite
    Croyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    397 (2,262 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Difference is, that isn't a reboot
    Hardly any difference at all actually. It's not like Ninja Theory will be responsible for all Devil May Cry games in the future. For the purposes of the argument the situation is pretty much the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  31. #49
    Elite Member
    Merchant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,514
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    2,792 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Seriously, it's just a game.

    Probably won't be getting this game. I can't believe people actually liked the story of the old DMC's. They were terrible.
    I've just been watching the development of this game to watch people freak out for no reason. It's quite fun!
    lol I've been lurking in these threads for the same reason. Nobody liked Devil May Cry for the characters or story did they? The gameplay was really fun, but characters and story were laughably bad.

    That doesn't make them bad games. I love symphony of the night for instance, for gameplay exclusively. It had the worst dialogue in any game.
    Last edited by Merchant; 11-28-2012 at 19:02.

  32. #50
    Apprentice
    MBS D@v!d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    2,948 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by zex494 View Post
    1a.DMC3 is first. Then comes DMC1. Then comes DMC4, then DMC2. But it could be 3, 1, 2, 4 too.
    pick which stance you wanna take guy,it's like your debating yourself
    b.But at the end of DMC2, Dante says "Let's go straight to hell". And he looks older in DMC4 because he's rendered in HD and with much much better graphics.
    Yes he does say that at the end of 2 but you should play DMC 4 again. I think it was Nero that made the statement "dude just got back from hell.." so yeah,there's proof in-game. As far as Dante looking older in 4 because of being in HD,come on man that's bull**** he looks older because he is. I'll admit that with tech available today developers are able to more with facial features and what-not but come on.

    2.I know the story of DMC (3, 1, 4, 2 or 3, 1, 2, 4) and it didn't make sense as a whole for the most part anymore.
    Really? ok. In 3,Dante and Virgil fight over the amulets left to them by their mother which,together,form a key to the other world and Sparda's power which Virgil wants. The game ends with Dante defeating his brother and Virgil willingly going to hell to fight Mundus like Sparda. In 1, Dante fights against Mundus who has control of Neo Angelo ,aka Vergil, because Vergil lost the fight to Mundus at the end of 3. (see that,its called continuity) In 2,the worst of the DMC games,Dante fights against Arius who is trying to get the power of Argosax,of course he defeats the lame villain but is trapped inside the portal to hell(or wherever) and ends the game saying "lets go to hell" In 4, Dante returns from the place only to find Vergil's sword Yamato to have been stolen by Trish so that he will go check out the cult that worships Sparda. blah,blah,blah you know the rest. Oh,and you know 4 comes after 2 b/c as i stated earlier Nero makes the remark "dude just got back from hell.." Also,i think it was the directer that confirms 4 comes after 2 i will try and find that interview later. There was story Devil May Cry and it wasnt hard to follow if you had an attention span that outlasts that of a goldfish

    3.Why would you say "would we change Mario, Zelda or Metroid?"?! You can't compare DMC to that.
    Why not? All three of those titles have a faithful fanbase that know the in's and outs of that game world. So did the original Devil May Cry series. And if any major changes occurred in Mario,Zelda,or Metroid you'd be foolish to think their respective fans wouldn't be up in arms. So yes,seems i can compare DMC to that.
    DMC NEEDED a re-imagination "in my opinion."
    and i can respect YOUR opinion,and you may even enjoy this remake,problem is, you are in the minority. the majority of the fanbase who the game is supposed to be aimed at do not like this and thoroughly disagree with you.

    4.Oh and don't take every word from interviews SO SERIOUS... I mean they are humans too. You're in front of cameras, you're asked questions and you talk...
    oh i get it,so we should treat all developers like Peter Molyneux and dont believe a word they say about their game. Come on man the reason for the interviews is so that the gaming community gets the facts about the upcoming titles.

    5.this guy Tameem Antoniades says something like "I'd say it's a re-imagination of Dante and DMC. We apply the concept of DMC to a modern setting to create something new and exciting. The story is a prequel, it's an origin story, it's before Dante was Dante.
    id tell him he's full of s*** b/c if it's a "re-imagining" its a reboot not a prequel. The Devil May Cry franchise already had an established origin story. I mean as someone previously stated (even in the DMC anime) they even showed us the family portrait with Dante having his trademark white hair.

    *sigh* after all this explaining only a quote from the original Dante will suffice: "What an ordeal"

    1.) You're kinda aggressive towards me. I mean your writing-style.

    2.) I know the story of DMC. You're right, 4 comes after 2 if that's confirmed by the developers.

    3.) The devs told us the facts about the new DMC, what I meant is that you shouldn't take EVERY single word and freak out about it.

    4.) It is not a prequel. It IS a reboot. The devs have said this every single time. I can't believe why this thread even exists. It's like Tomb Raider - as somebody said before. The franchise is getting a new start - a new DMC-universe is created. And it's a "prequel" to the series to come. It's the first game in a new franchise (I expect to be at least one more new DMC game after this one has come out, cause I expect it to sell quite well) that has nothing to do with the old DMC franchise. I'm not 100% sure about Tomb Raider though. Could be that the new Tomb Raider IS actually a real prequel to the actual Tomb Raider series. But it could be that it is the first title in an alternate Tomb Raider universe - just as this DMC.

    We shouldn't get aggressive towards each other just because of a game and some things that need to be clarified.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.