Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    lol I've been lurking in these threads for the same reason. Nobody liked Devil May Cry for the characters or story did they? The gameplay was really fun, but characters and story were laughably bad.

That doesn't make them bad games. I love symphony of the night for instance, for gameplay exclusively. It had the worst dialogue in any game.
    Exactly, brother!

Symphony of the Night is one of my favourite games (hence my Castlevania signature), and yes, the story and dialogue are so terrible it's actually funny!

Now if it turns out the gameplay in DmC is terrible, then I think people will have reason to be annoyed.
    Being upset about the "story" of DMC being damaged, I can only laugh, as there was never was any "story" to begin with, just fun gameplay. If it was something like a Bioshock, Final Fantasy, or any other story driven game that ruins the story, then I would understand (well FF has already been ruined by SE).

I love how people were so upset about the new Dante's 'emo' look. Was the whole Cole from Infamous argument again but multiplied by 10!
    He looks like a modern indie kid. Whether you like that or not really is up to you, but why don't you take a look at the old Dante with his silver curtains, and tell me with a straight face that he is not a big walking cliche.
    Last edited by Croyles; 11-29-2012 at 00:28.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Happened plenty of times already. Metal Gear Rising for instance, and thats one of the ones that looks to be shaping up quite good actually.
    I don't understand. How can MGS Rising be a reboot when it was never a franchise? Raiden never had his own game before..that's not a good comparison at all
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    zex494
    @MBS David You're right. didn't mean to come across as a jerk but they changed everything except the names in one of my favorite franchises. I spoke with too much passion,I apologize
    Last edited by zex494; 11-29-2012 at 22:19.
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Hardly any difference at all actually. It's not like Ninja Theory will be responsible for all Devil May Cry games in the future. For the purposes of the argument the situation is pretty much the same.
    Is the argument that both titles bear no meaningful inspiration to their source? In which case, the comparison isn't entirely accurate to me. Judging from what we know about both titles, DmC is more like its source than Metal Gear Rising is, which has everything to do with the fact that Metal Gear Rising actually wants to be a departure as a videogame, whereas DmC only wants to in terms of universe and sub-themes.
    Last edited by Bio; 11-29-2012 at 06:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Super Elite
    Golden Axe
    Sonic
    Duke Nukem
    Alone in the Dark

And many more. Mind you, those actually turned out to be terrible games with terrible gameplay.

I wasn't expecting Duke Nukem, Sonic or Golden Axe to have a good story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No not a prequel, reboot like Tomb Raider or The Amazing Spider Man or Batman Begins
    123 & 4 are not connon to DMC or the otherway around.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Elite
    Now, I like Ninja Theory, and I know already I'm going to like their DmC...

But I just picked up DMC4 at my local game store yesterday to give the old series a test-run, and wow -- I totally understand where the fans are coming from. This game--THIS GAME--is all sorts of awesome. It's like Kill Bill plus Dragonball Z + self-consciously cheesy anime + everything that was ever fun about being a kid wrapped into one package. I $#@!ing love this. And now I get why people were losing their $#@! over the reboot. The cutscenes have the same wacky, immediate appeal as cutscenes in MGS, except come with none of the excess philosophy. It's flashy as hell. The combat--oh my God the combat. I forgot what videogames were like. THIS is a videogame. I love re-watching cutscenes just because of how energic they are.

In short: I really, really like this game. And to fans not wanting the reboot: I get it. And I'm sorry. I like DmC for what it is, but it really is a completely different beast with a new name (I know that was the intention, but damn).

Anyways: are the first three games as fun as the fourth? Because if so I'm going to pick up the HD collection next week. And is there anything similar to Nero's demon hand? Because I'm obsessed with launching people into the air and brutally man-handling them into oblivion.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I personally like one the best. I didn't play two, because back then everybody I knew hated it. DMC3 is AWESOME! And I actually kinda disliked DMC4. It wasn't bad, but I didn't really like Nero.

So in short, yes...get them. They are pretty $#@!ing fun. If you're liking 4 this much, then you'll easily like the others.

9. Likes Forcedme likes this post
    Super Elite
    Thanks! And yeah, I've seen that most people consider DMC3 the best while DMC4 and 2 are kind of the odd ones out. Oh, well. If I can get all three in one neat package that's fine with me. And I guess the reason I like Nero so much is because I have no attachment to Dante, so can't really compare the two. And I just love the demon hand, or devil trigger, or whatever it's called.

Thanks again.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Yes dude, go get that collection like yesterday! here's a vid of what you're in for:
    -Zechs Merquise

PSN ID
    Kalas4000
    I played all the DMCS, but one thing i do see about DMC its way it tells the story. I play RPGS and i write novels always trying to get better, but lines like $#@! you $#@! you and $#@! you everytime like during the demo boss battle. ehhhhhhh,it seems lazy doesnt have the feel to it as narutaly funny like the first Dante had.

Dante was quite funny he was never serious he was a cheesy dude, but that was his char its why we love the dude. When you can make a cheesy char funny and prefect thats when you need to give props. Ninja theroy doesn't. They been known for their ehhhhhh chars that seem sort of non lovable.

Dante to me just seems way to punk to me its just a overuse char type. As well his brother vergil is the the same old type i got to save the world we need to make it better. Plus so i bet you near the end of the game vergil is going to put his own type of justice into it and the two brothers will have to fight. I mean come on the story i can see through it like its my hands the whole story just sitting in my hands.

Devil may cry wasn't bad AT ALL the story was well thought out the novels were well thought out. Thats way i love devil may cry story and chars the gameplay is just a plus to me

Thank you Zex for backing me up XD

13. Likes zex494 likes this post

Thread Information