Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31323 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Unfortunatly for them I will never know, because I played the demo and felt it was $#@!.
    Where did you play this demo?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    The campaign is actually pretty decent. It's the best COD game yet...it's a pretty good game.
    Nobody spends $60 for a <10hr campaign. The MP component sucks, therefore Black Ops Sucks.

Super Elite
    Oh crap i cant even log into the exclusive ps3 section, without hearing about xbox 360 sells, who gives a $#@! how many millions xbox 360 sells i gave up on it along time ago traded in for 32 gb ipod 4th gen no regrets. Oh noes everyone whose someone has an xbox i must buy one so i can be cool aswell.

When i owned one its seemed like it was more of a exclusive proprietary COD Black Ops player, cause thats what eveyone on my friend list wanted to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Nobody spends $60 for a <10hr campaign. The MP component sucks, therefore Black Ops Sucks.
    Wow, both of your points are completely wrong. The best COD yet. Easily. MW3 should best it though. Tens of millions of people disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by cpitt View Post
    Oh crap i cant even log into the exclusive ps3 section, without hearing about xbox 360 sells, who gives a $#@! how many millions xbox 360 sells i gave up on it along time ago traded in for 32 gb ipod 4th gen no regrets. Oh noes everyone whose someone has an xbox i must buy one so i can be cool aswell.

When i owned one its seemed like it was more of a exclusive proprietary COD Black Ops player, cause thats what eveyone on my friend list wanted to play.
    You need better friends then.
    Last edited by F34R; 10-14-2011 at 05:19.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Where did you play this demo?
    It was on live, you kept switching between a plane and a squad on the ground, it was really really crap.
    You'd "guide" them from one bulding to another, and then take over them when you got inside.
    It left me complelty and utterly bored, and I wondered "where is the game play".
    Given my favourite COD game was WaW, I was dissapointed, I felt like IW had infected Treyarch.
    If you can convince me that is the low point in the game, I might try it out one day.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-14-2011 at 05:21.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Get this crap out of here.

Forum Overseer
    Online component is crap if you're only playing respawn modes. Even then I can see it being fun for a while. Single player wasn't amazing I will agree but it was definitely best since COD4. And well, COD4 isn't as good as the previous ones so...relatively it was a good title overall.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Wow, both of your points are completely wrong. The best COD yet. Easily. MW3 should best it though. Tens of millions of people disagree with you.

My friends are just fine, two of them are members of the United States Military, both served in Irak, one of them is a Marine machine gunner, the other was Army. Its the reality Microsoft knows it everyone is on COD nuts, which is why they spend millions upon millions of coudelling, Activisions nuts,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    NPD sales results for Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection have been revealed. The title moved 92,000 units in September.

Keep in mind that these sales accounts for just a few days of data. Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection launched in the U.S. on September 27. Since NPD’s reporting period ended on October 1, the 92,000 figure accounts for just a few days of sales.
    Thats not bad and its actually relevant!

My friends are just fine, two of them are members of the United States Military, both served in Irak, one of them is a Marine machine gunner, the other was Army. Its the reality Microsoft knows it everyone is on COD nuts, which is why they spend millions upon millions of coudelling, Activisions nuts,
    iRak? Is that the new toy thing from Apple?

Last edited by mynd; 10-14-2011 at 05:39.

Forum Sage

I guess 10's of millions of people are wrong then.

And you cannot seriously tell me with a straight face that there are people that buy Modern Warfare/Black Ops just for the SP aspect and never touch MP (including spec ops).

Master Guru
    Wrong section but yeah. I guess Gears of War 3 pushed some 360 sales.

It's crazy what Microsoft has accomplished with so little exclusives. Times have changed.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

And you cannot seriously tell me with a straight face that there are people that buy Modern Warfare/Black Ops just for the SP aspect and never touch MP (including spec ops).
    I bought MW for the single player, and never touched the multiplayer.
    I also never bought another MW games, but I did rent 2 and completed in 2 small sessions the campaign.
    I did buy WAW, and loved the campaign, which was probably longer than MW1,2 and 3.

Forum Sage
    I bought MW for the single player, and never touched the multiplayer.
    I also never bought another MW games, but I did rent 2 and completed in 2 small sessions the campaign.
    I did buy WAW, and loved the campaign, which was probably longer than MW1,2 and 3.
    What made you buy MW and only play the SP without even sampling the MP?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I was being sarcastic.... smh I'll use tags next time.

Yeah, and you can't seriously tell me that you know what reason tens of millions of people bought a game for.
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Wrong section but yeah. I guess Gears of War 3 pushed some 360 sales.

It's crazy what Microsoft has accomplished with so little exclusives. Times have changed.
    Microsoft has the most exclusives... are we going to do this again?

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Honestly, this idolizing is still going on. just play the freakin games and be happy already. o.O

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    What made you buy MW and only play the SP without even sampling the MP?
    Dont really know, just wasnt interested, the only multiplayer I play is Halo, outside of that, not really in to them, they arent my cup of tea, waiting around, wondering around and getting shot by some $#@! who sole task is to sit in wait for you in the grass the entire game.
    Yes I played MW2 multiplayer to see what the fuss was, didnt enjoy it. Give me a twitch shooter any day.
    Somebody tell Epic to put the original UT on these dam things.

Forum Overseer
    Microsoft has the most exclusives... are we going to do this again?
    There are two arguments here.

1) Who has the most exclusives coming out at the moment?

2) Who has had the most exclusives since launch?

PS3 obviously will have less due to being late for a year. Basically you can count all the games that never came out on PS3 that came out on 360 in 2005-2006.

Unless you're talking about first and 2nd party exclusives only?

EDIT:
    Yeah, and you can't seriously tell me that you know what reason tens of millions of people bought a game for.
    I think MATRIX's statement holds some truth to it.

It's obvious that COD is popular (ever since COD4) due to its MP, not SP.

How? Look at the amount of people that play it online.

The game hasn't won any awards (not to my knowledge) due to its storyline or campaign.

Also, I've played all COD games since the 4th and I know the SP isn't the reason why it's good.
    Last edited by Omar; 10-14-2011 at 07:17.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    There are two arguments here.

1) Who has the most exclusives coming out at the moment?
    Define "moment", cause, youre going to have to be pretty broad here.
    Of all the times in the year to bring that one up, this would be the wrong time of the year.

I agree about COD though.. also why I dont own a COD title at the moment.

Forum Overseer
    Define "moment", cause, youre going to have to be pretty broad here.
    Of all the times in the year to bring that one up, this would be the wrong time of the year.

I agree about COD though.. also why I dont own a COD title at the moment.
    When people compare games, they usually go by yearly basis. Or that's what I do and have seen people do.

They compare what's coming out that year and see what we have.

So, at the moment, I'd say a year or 2011.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Well personally I'd be putting at least 50% of my titles in that 4 months that actually sells 50% of the consoles.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sony has had more big name RETAIL exclusives over the past few years. It's easy to say 360 has more when you take into account the XBLA exclusive content though. 360 had a head start but as far as retail exclusives go, Sony is fast catching up. There are already at least 6 big titles coming out next year for PS3 and many bonus content and bonus features on 3rdparty games. But it doesn't matter anyway, 360 crowd have demonstrated that they don't care for a wide range of exclusive retail games. Sony and MS work off their own strengths and do fine on them.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_rhayne View Post
    Sony has had more big name RETAIL exclusives over the past few years. It's easy to say 360 has more when you take into account the XBLA exclusive content though. 360 had a head start but as far as retail exclusives go, Sony is fast catching up. There are already at least 6 big titles coming out next year for PS3 and many bonus content and bonus features on 3rdparty games. But it doesn't matter anyway, 360 crowd have demonstrated that they don't care for a wide range of exclusive retail games. Sony and MS work off their own strengths and do fine on them.
    If you exclude xbla and kinect games, it still adds up in Microsofts favor. Anyways, this wasn't about comparing which platform has the most exclusives. My comment was to show that TD's comment was completely baseless.

Now if you're talking about recently, then I'd agree with you, sorta. You still have the xbla and kinect exclusives that have helped drive sales.

However, the comment I responded to was about not having many exclusives and how well they've done. So that is just a completely inaccurate statement to make since they have more exclusives and that has helped them accomplish what they have. Saying they've done well without so little exclusives is complete bs. Plain and simple.

So yeah....

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    If you exclude xbla and kinect games, it still adds up in Microsofts favor. Anyways, this wasn't about comparing which platform has the most exclusives. My comment was to show that TD's comment was completely baseless.

Now if you're talking about recently, then I'd agree with you, sorta. You still have the xbla and kinect exclusives that have helped drive sales.

However, the comment I responded to was about not having many exclusives and how well they've done. So that is just a completely inaccurate statement to make since they have more exclusives and that has helped them accomplish what they have. Saying they've done well without so little exclusives is complete bs. Plain and simple.

So yeah....
    I wonder how many people wanted to get a 360 or PS3 for XBLA/PSN games and casual kinect games...And also I said "over the past few years", and made it clear that 360 had more with XBLA games etc, and that 360 had a head start. I still think its better to have more retail exclusives towards the end of a consoles life when the engines are advanced and the games are of a better quality than to have a bigger catalog in the consoles early years. I will be adding to MS sales figures next gen if they pull their finger out, but this years E3 was their final nail in the coffin for this gen.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I still think its better to have more retail exclusives towards the end of a consoles life when the engines are advanced and the games are of a better quality than to have a bigger catalog in the consoles early years.
    Totally agree with you, but I also think its important you push them to maximise console sales.
    And that the only gripe I havce with Sony, their timing sucks.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I wonder how many people wanted to get a 360 or PS3 for XBLA/PSN games and casual kinect games...And also I said "over the past few years", and made it clear that 360 had more with XBLA games etc, and that 360 had a head start. I still think its better to have more retail exclusives towards the end of a consoles life when the engines are advanced and the games are of a better quality than to have a bigger catalog in the consoles early years. I will be adding to MS sales figures next gen if they pull their finger out, but this years E3 was their final nail in the coffin for this gen.
    I agree with you, again, but again, that wasn't what my comment was about. "over the past few years" doesn't address what I was commenting on, and isn't really relevant to what we (my comments towards TD's) were discussing.

Thread Information