Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 182838 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Christ, you guys are making this way more difficult than it need be.
    Go easy bro. Deep breaths. lol

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Go easy bro. Deep breaths. lol
    Sometimes I think people lose site of the woods for the trees.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Sometimes I think people lose site of the woods for the trees.
    Yeah I hear ya. I was just giving you a hard time. lol

Soldier 95B

Microsoft: Xbox 360 at 76M sold worldwide, Kinect at 24M

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/11/mi...kinect-at-24m/

Microsoft has sent out a chest-thumping press release, boasting about new milestones for the Xbox 360, Kinect and Xbox Live. As of now, 76 million Xbox 360 consoles have been purchased worldwide, with a total of 24 million Kinects flailing their way into homes around the globe.

The hardware numbers are bolstered by 46 million subscribers on Xbox Live. Microsoft says this new figure represents a 15 percent increase in year-over-year subscribers both free memberships and premium Gold subscribers are accounted here.

In a missive over on Microsoft's website, newly appointed President of Entertainment and Digital Media Nancy Tellem says the company is looking to launch 40 new custom Xbox interactive entertainment apps for 2013. It's quite a sign of the times if we're not counting games as "entertainment apps."

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    So 360 sales threads are allowed in this section now? Ok cool. When does Sony release its numbers?

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    So 360 sales threads are allowed in this section now? Ok cool. When does Sony release its numbers?
    In the Microsoft section, yes. It is about the Xbox 360 after all. I just put it in the wrong sub forum.

You will have to ask about Sony numbers in the Sony section.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 02-12-2013 at 18:20.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    In the Microsoft section, yes. It is about the Xbox 360 after all. I just put it in the wrong sub forum. You will have to ask about Sony numbers in the Sony section.
    Oh please dont come at me like that just because I pointed out that your thread was in the wrong sub forum. lol Nothing wrong with comparing 360 numbers with its competitors.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-12-2013 at 18:47.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Wrong Sub-Forum?

Last edited by mynd; 02-12-2013 at 20:52.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Xbox 360 sells 281,000 in US during January

The console continues its dominance in the US market

Microsoft has just revealed in advance of the January NPD report that its Xbox 360 console has once again topped the competition, selling 281,000 units in January, marking the 25th consecutive month that Xbox 360 has been the top selling console in the US.
    Overall, more than $338 million was spent on Xbox 360 retail (including games, consoles and accessories) in January, while Xbpx 360 held 44 percent share of the current-generation console market.
    "Xbox showed incredible growth throughout 2012, almost tripling its entertainment offerings with nearly 100 custom, voice-controlled Xbox LIVE apps, and delivering users with 18 billion hours of entertainment. Xbox has sold three times the number of original Xbox consoles, with 76 million units sold around the world to-date," Microsoft noted.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-02-14-xbox-360-sells-281-000-in-us-
    during-january

Soldier 95B

Dang...just keeps rockin it.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

Dang...just keeps rockin it.
    Have to hand it to the Americans this gen they have done well! If only they could of got the Japanese buying an American games console they would of smashed Sony and Ninty out of the park this gen sales wise.

Until the Japs stop refusing to buy an American console i can never see MS doing what Sony did with PS1 which is a shame.

Forum Sage
    xbox 360 tops consoles in us in february with 302,000 sold

microsoft's console continues its good adoption rate this late in the cycle
    many of us might be thinking about the next generation already, but consumers in the us continue to buy microsoft's xbox 360 console, which topped the competition in february for the 26th straight month, selling a total of 302,000 units.
    Microsoft's had an incredible run in america, outselling the competition each month, and it's expected that the company will be unveiling its next-gen xbox in the coming months (possibly as early as april). Sony, meanwhile, just held a huge press event in new york to start the buzz around playstation 4, which the company labelled as "the most open console ever." ps4 is confirmed to launch this upcoming holiday season, and many analysts believe microsoft will be there as well with its new xbox.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-03-14-xbox-360-tops-consoles-in-us-in-
    february-with-302-000-sold

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Have to hand it to the Americans this gen they have done well! If only they could of got the Japanese buying an American games console they would of smashed Sony and Ninty out of the park this gen sales wise.

Until the Japs stop refusing to buy an American console i can never see MS doing what Sony did with PS1 which is a shame.
    It's pretty simple, make a console they want to buy.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Doesn't really matter. Beyond music/movies/clothes/Apple products.... what things American do the Japanese really want? Not much! The Xbox 720 could service you sexually and the PS4 would still kill it in sales. The sad truth!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Doesn't really matter. Beyond music/movies/clothes/Apple products.... what things American do the Japanese really want? Not much! The Xbox 720 could service you sexually and the PS4 would still kill it in sales. The sad truth!
    I think you may be right about that. They definitely have different taste over there.

Forum Overseer
    It's not that they don't want it...well, I mean I'm sure there are certain things that they just don't want i.e. we probably don't want things like that Chinese Sperm Collector either.

The point is, if you make something that's suitable for them and has things they want, it will sell.

They don't want a big controller because they generally have smaller hands, they don't care about online features as much as we do (Live), much less pay for them. They want lots of Japanese games, again something MS did not keep up with.

You can't throw something at them that they don't want. Just like we had PS users move to Xbox because it better suited their needs and interests. They probably wanted a better focus on online services.

Forum Sage
    Xbox 360 leads US hardware sales for 20th straight month

3DS also shows strong momentum at retail

Xbox 360 recorded the highest North American hardware unit sales for the 20th month in a row in March, according to retail monitor the NPD Group.
    Microsoft's console moved 261,000 units in March, also marking the 27th consecutive month it has outsold PS3 and Wii in the States.While Sony and Nintendo didn't publicise monthly hardware sales figures, NPD said 3DS adoption grew nine per cent over last March.
    Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime also told GamesIndustry Internationalthat lifetime 3DS sales stand at eight million units in the US after two years, one million more than DS managed in the same timeframe.
    On the software front, BioShock Infinite was the best-selling game in North America in March,beating plenty of new releases including Tomb Raider, Gears of War: Judgment and God of War: Ascension to the top spot.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...VG-General-RSS

Superior Member
    The 360 just keeps chugging along. I only have one friend who is PS3 only. Most of the rest are 360 only. A couple own both consoles like me.

I live in the USA and as long as the Xbox brand sells well here, I could care less if it bombs everywhere else. Kinda like American Football. Some people in Canada and Mexico care about it... but otherwise it's pretty much loved only by Americans and that's just fine with me.

Superior Member
    The 360 just keeps chugging along. I only have one friend who is PS3 only. Most of the rest are 360 only. A couple own both consoles like me.

I live in the USA and as long as the Xbox brand sells well here, I could care less if it bombs everywhere else. Kinda like American Football. Some people in Canada and Mexico care about it... but otherwise it's pretty much loved only by Americans and that's just fine with me.
    And just like the NFL (American football), MS is making more money than God.

For $199 you really do get a helluva bargain, especially if you never owned a 360 before. Just think of all of the games you can get for under $20.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Flaw3d Genius
    Dont think it's that simple, Has any console took off in Japan that has not been Japanese?

Forum Overseer
    Dont think it's that simple, Has any console took off in Japan that has not been Japanese?
    And that proves nothing as PS3 didn't sell well to the US market because they wanted something more like the 360. No matter how many times someone tries to make it about nationality or patriotism, it's not.

If Americans made a console that was fit for the Japanese (meaning, not a huge controller) and had games japanese people wanted...and I don't mean like...5 or 6...I'm saying proper amount of games throughout the generation, had the reliability of Japanese electronics, I don't see why they wouldn't gooble it up (family guy reference).

Look at the PS3 in Japan, PS2 sold way better, wanna know why? Not enough Japanese games.

22. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Flaw3d Genius
    And that proves nothing as PS3 didn't sell well to the US market because they wanted something more like the 360. No matter how many times someone tries to make it about nationality or patriotism, it's not.

If Americans made a console that was fit for the Japanese (meaning, not a huge controller) and had games japanese people wanted...and I don't mean like...5 or 6...I'm saying proper amount of games throughout the generation, had the reliability of Japanese electronics, I don't see why they wouldn't gooble it up (family guy reference).

Look at the PS3 in Japan, PS2 sold way better, wanna know why? Not enough Japanese games.
    Cmon that's nonsense...The PS3 has sold amazingly well in the US.

I dont buy for a minute they dont buy the 360 due to it being larger than the small dual shock.

Super Elite

Agree with you for once. Anyone that's American, been to america, or knows about America should know that the US is not loyal to US companies like the populations in many other places are. You need look no further than the cars people drive.

Forum Overseer
    Cmon that's nonsense...The PS3 has sold amazingly well in the US.
    Sure you can say that, it did sell pretty well. But you're not looking at the whole picture.

PS2 sold about 38m in 7 years. Xbox 360 sold about 42m in 7 years. PS3 has sold about 26m in 6 years.

It didn't sell as well. Why? I can think of a few things. The console just isn't for the mainstream US consumer. Now if PS3 wasn't priced that high and had a more competitive online service, we'd see a different scenario.

I dont buy for a minute they dont buy the 360 due to it being larger than the small dual shock.
    Do you know why they came out with the Xbox S controller? He he he he. Read sir.

Notice that Xbox 360's controller is much smaller than the original Xbox's and it's still bigger than the Dual Shock 3.

Japanese people have small hands!

Now notice how Dual Shock 4's controller is larger than Dual Shock 3's and is it a coincidence that this console is being made by the Americans, and likely for the Americans? Why? They know US is a strong market as opposed to the Japanese one. They're somewhat appeasing more to the US market this time and leaving behind some of their brethren.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Agree with you for once. Anyone that's American, been to america, or knows about America should know that the US is not loyal to US companies like the populations in many other places are. You need look no further than the cars people drive.
    Actually you'd be surprised to find out that all countries I've ever know anything about, are that way too. Actually it's US, Japan and China that particularly are aggressive in trying to keep a good balance of exports vs imports and will give out govt. subsidies in order to destroy the international competition.
    Last edited by Omar; 04-21-2013 at 18:12.

Super Elite

Most US subsidies aren't aimed at destroying competition. Farm subsidies for instance are in place to make food cheaper for Americans and not in place to hurt foreign competitors. Most US policy like that is actually aimed inward.

For some story of the farm subsidy for instance, there was none prior to the Great Depression. During the depression Roosevelt subsidized farmers not to farm so that food prices would remain high enough to keep small farmers in business. In the 70's that was abandoned for various political reasons and Nixon put into place the current system where farmers are guaranteed a certain price for food no matter what it sells for or even if the crops all die. The result of this policy has been that farmers grow as much food as possible which then drives down food costs for consumers to a much greater dollar amount than the total spent on the farm subsidy.

Extra food is exported which hurts foreigns competitors but food exports was not the goal of the policy, cheap food for Americans is.
    Last edited by Typical guy; 04-21-2013 at 18:40.

Thread Information