Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 203040 ... LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 1313
  1. #726
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,704
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    74,150 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Yeah.. they did share those numbers in the past. If Sony had passed the 360, I would figure they would make a press release bragging about it.

    Considering Sony made that funny video about how to share games on your PS4, it's obvious they aren't shy about taking shots at Microsoft. The fact they haven't taken shots at Microsoft over passing the 360 leads me to believe it just hasn't happened. Why else would they not announce a change of positions in the console race if it favored them?
    Because no company wants to brag that they tied for second.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  2. #727
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Yeah.. they did share those numbers in the past. If Sony had passed the 360, I would figure they would make a press release bragging about it.

    Considering Sony made that funny video about how to share games on your PS4, it's obvious they aren't shy about taking shots at Microsoft. The fact they haven't taken shots at Microsoft over passing the 360 leads me to believe it just hasn't happened. Why else would they not announce a change of positions in the console race if it favored them?
    I'm sort of believing MS is still leading too. I think Sony would have made an announcement already if they have. That would be like a milestone for them.

  3. #728
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,711
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    18,469 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why doesn't MS brag about leading outside of the states?

    Now that the ps2 is no longer in production, maybe we'll get some ps3 only figures.


  4. #729
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I'm sort of believing MS is still leading too.
    Well of course you are. lol

  5. #730
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Because no company wants to brag that they tied for second.
    This.^

  6. #731
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Well of course you are. lol
    That's all we have to go on until sony starts showing some numbers.

  7. #732
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,703
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,937 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    but these rumors are not proven yet

  8. #733
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That's all we have to go on until sony starts showing some numbers.
    Thats all you have to go on? That Sony isnt shouting from the rooftops that theyre in second place? Thats your basis for believing MS is still in the lead? Seriously? LMAO! http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...-shipped-total
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-22-2013 at 06:23.

  9. #734
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    What is all you have to go on? That Sony isnt shouting from the rooftops that theyre in second place? Thats your basis for believing MS is still in the lead? LMAO!
    It's all speculation. That's all anyone can go on. Until they come out and say we have taken over MS in worldwide sales, all we have to go by is what was last reported by either of them. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be announcing it if it was true. That's something that they would want to get out there.

  10. #735
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's all speculation. That's all anyone can go on. Until they come out and say we have taken over MS in worldwide sales, all we have to go by is what was last reported by either of them. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be announcing it if it was true. That's something that they would want to get out there.
    So in other words you have no proof that the 360 is still leading. Ok. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...-shipped-total

  11. #736
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    So in other words you have no proof that the 360 is still leading. Ok. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...-shipped-total
    lol..that's not a conformation. That is just the same story regurgitated around the internet. I mean from sony themselves. Sony hasn't confirmed that they have passed MS just yet. Show me something from sony confirming that they have sold and not shipped and i'll believe it.

  12. #737
    Elite Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,554
    Rep Power
    34
    Points
    18,038 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    What was the point of mentioning me in your post?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    You are a gamer hence sale numbers shouldn't matter much to you or sub-stance1 or anyone on this forum...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList

    Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

  13. #738
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    You are a gamer hence sale numbers shouldn't matter much to you or sub-stance1 or anyone on this forum...
    Gamers don't get anything out of sales or specs but people still talk about them. Let the wars continue.

  14. #739
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    These numbers are coming from market and sales forecast. It's rumor at this point because there isn't anything saying whether the numbers are actually from the forecast or the manufacturers.

    So, rumor for now.
    Games Industry International cites a “market analysis” document by Lewis Ward of IDC (the International Data Corporation) called Worldwide Video Game Entertainment Console Hardware and Packaged Software 2012-2016 Forecast. The $4,500 report’s abstract notes that the forecast is designed to predict sales figures for a variety of hardware and software over the next four years.

    Tucked within, according to Games Industry International, are console numbers for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 as of December, 2012. “Sony’s PS3 managed to surpass the number of Xbox 360s shipped worldwide (about 77 million vs. 76 million), despite the PS3 launching a year later.” It’s important to note that these figures are shipped and not sold to consumers (though it‘s unlikely production is far in excess of perceived demand for either console). It’s also important to note that it’s unclear if these numbers were garnered straight from sources at Sony and Microsoft, or are part of IDC’s overall forecast.

    The forecast also reportedly states that IDC predicts “Nintendo will still ‘find an audience’ with Wii U, reaching global shipments of 50 million by year-end 2016.” Wii U sales aren’t keeping pace with that of the original Wii, though it may have already sold as many as 3 million units since November.
    Microsoft’s Xbox 360 launched in North America in November of 2005, and a month later in Europe and Japan. Sony’s PlayStation 3 launched in November of 2006 in North America and Japan, and the next spring in Europe.




  15. #740
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol..that's not a conformation. That is just the same story regurgitated around the internet. I mean from sony themselves. Sony hasn't confirmed that they have passed MS just yet. Show me something from sony confirming that they have sold and not shipped and i'll believe it.
    LMAO! Downplay the story because its not what you want to hear. Talk about denial. Better proof than you just saying Sony isnt shouting from the rooftops so 360 must still be in the lead. lol You haven't shown me nothing at all to prove your argument.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-22-2013 at 07:22.

  16. #741
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    You are a gamer hence sale numbers shouldn't matter much to you or sub-stance1 or anyone on this forum...
    Umm...its a sales numbers thread. Thats the topic.

  17. #742
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    LMAO! Downplay the story because its not what you want to hear. Talk about denial. Better proof than you just saying Sony isnt shouting from the rooftops so 360 must still be in the lead. lol You haven't shown me nothing at all to prove your argument.
    lol...likewise. I don't see any sales thread made for ps3. I wonder why. Oh, it's because no one really knows.

  18. #743
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    135
    Points
    3,496,956 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol...likewise. I don't see any sales thread made for ps3. I wonder why. Oh, it's because no one really knows.

    How can you know when they bundle sales from multiple products into "families" so that not one product looks negative in sales.


    I have said it from the beginning of time, sales threads are the devils playground. Numbers can spin any direction...

  19. #744
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    How can you know when they bundle sales from multiple products into "families" so that not one product looks negative in sales.


    I have said it from the beginning of time, sales threads are the devils playground. Numbers can spin any direction...
    Actually, I don't know. I was just stating my belief that MS may still be ahead because of the lack of information we get from sony. It's possible that sony can be ahead but with them you never know much at all.

  20. #745
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,703
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,937 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol..that's not a conformation. That is just the same story regurgitated around the internet. I mean from sony themselves. Sony hasn't confirmed that they have passed MS just yet. Show me something from sony confirming that they have sold and not shipped and i'll believe it.
    so next time Sony says something, you aren't going to say, "Well, of course Sony would say that, that's PR."

    you're going to believe it in as undoubtable truth? confirmed.

  21. #746
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    so next time Sony says something, you aren't going to say, "Well, of course Sony would say that, that's PR."

    you're going to believe it in as undoubtable truth? confirmed.
    If they talk numbers it wouldn't be just PR. It's credible when it comes from them. Sony doesn't like to talk sales numbers and when they don't it leads me to believe that they are disappointing. For example they hardly ever talk vita or games sales for it.

  22. #747
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,703
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,937 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    If they talk numbers it wouldn't be just PR. It's credible when it comes from them. Sony doesn't like to talk sales numbers and when they don't it leads me to believe that they are disappointing. For example they hardly ever talk vita or games sales for it.
    So you're telling me that Sony or any other company has never skewed their sales numbers to make them look better?

    did Sony constantly talk about PS2's sales? all sales talk i remember from them was at E3.

  23. #748
    Elite Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,554
    Rep Power
    34
    Points
    18,038 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Umm...its a sales numbers thread. Thats the topic.
    oh..sorry my bad, didn't saw it :P j/k Mr.Crow, I always see those sales figures useless. Because noone buy a console acording to that. I understand "my x is better than your y" fights yet no way understanding this
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList

    Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

  24. #749
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    oh..sorry my bad, didn't saw it :P j/k Mr.Crow, I always see those sales figures useless. Because noone buy a console acording to that. I understand "my x is better than your y" fights yet no way understanding this
    No worries. And yeah youre right. I have fun discussing and debating sales but at the end of the day as long as my console of choice sells enough to keep developers supporting it then I'm happy.

  25. #750
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    More info.

    Xbox 360 hits 78.2 million units, 9.9 million units shipped in FY13

    Microsoft has announced its financial results for FY 2013 and the Entertainment and Devices division is doing pretty well. They have managed to ship 9.9 million 360 units for fiscal year 2013.
    Their official statement can be found below:
    Entertainment and Devices Division grew 8% for the fourth quarter and 6% for the full year. During the quarter, transactional revenue within Xbox LIVE grew nearly 20%, and we unveiled our next-generation gaming and entertainment console, Xbox One.
    EDD revenue increased $134 million, or 8%, primarily due to higher Windows Phone revenue, offset in part by lower Xbox 360 platform revenue.
    Windows Phone revenue, reflecting patent licensing revenue and sales of Windows Phone licenses, increased $222 million.
    We shipped 1.0 million Xbox 360 consoles compared to 1.1 million during the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012.
    EDD operating income increased $142 million, due mainly to higher revenue.
    The company as a whole generated revenues of $77 billion, and the operating income increased by 23% to $26 billion.

    Microsoft earlier pointed out that Xbox One pre-orders were doing really well and has already eclipsed Xbox 360′s pre-order numbers at the same stage.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.