Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 203040 ... LastLast
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Yeah.. they did share those numbers in the past. If Sony had passed the 360, I would figure they would make a press release bragging about it.

Considering Sony made that funny video about how to share games on your PS4, it's obvious they aren't shy about taking shots at Microsoft. The fact they haven't taken shots at Microsoft over passing the 360 leads me to believe it just hasn't happened. Why else would they not announce a change of positions in the console race if it favored them?
    Because no company wants to brag that they tied for second.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Yeah.. they did share those numbers in the past. If Sony had passed the 360, I would figure they would make a press release bragging about it.

Considering Sony made that funny video about how to share games on your PS4, it's obvious they aren't shy about taking shots at Microsoft. The fact they haven't taken shots at Microsoft over passing the 360 leads me to believe it just hasn't happened. Why else would they not announce a change of positions in the console race if it favored them?
    I'm sort of believing MS is still leading too. I think Sony would have made an announcement already if they have. That would be like a milestone for them.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Why doesn't MS brag about leading outside of the states?

Now that the ps2 is no longer in production, maybe we'll get some ps3 only figures.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I'm sort of believing MS is still leading too.
    Well of course you are. lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Because no company wants to brag that they tied for second.
    This.^

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Well of course you are. lol
    That's all we have to go on until sony starts showing some numbers.

Forum Overseer

but these rumors are not proven yet

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    That's all we have to go on until sony starts showing some numbers.
    Thats all you have to go on? That Sony isnt shouting from the rooftops that theyre in second place? Thats your basis for believing MS is still in the lead? Seriously? LMAO! http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...-shipped-total
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-22-2013 at 06:23.

Elite Sage
    What is all you have to go on? That Sony isnt shouting from the rooftops that theyre in second place? Thats your basis for believing MS is still in the lead? LMAO!
    It's all speculation. That's all anyone can go on. Until they come out and say we have taken over MS in worldwide sales, all we have to go by is what was last reported by either of them. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be announcing it if it was true. That's something that they would want to get out there.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    It's all speculation. That's all anyone can go on. Until they come out and say we have taken over MS in worldwide sales, all we have to go by is what was last reported by either of them. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be announcing it if it was true. That's something that they would want to get out there.
    So in other words you have no proof that the 360 is still leading. Ok. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...-shipped-total

Elite Sage
    So in other words you have no proof that the 360 is still leading. Ok. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...-shipped-total
    lol..that's not a conformation. That is just the same story regurgitated around the internet. I mean from sony themselves. Sony hasn't confirmed that they have passed MS just yet. Show me something from sony confirming that they have sold and not shipped and i'll believe it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    What was the point of mentioning me in your post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    You are a gamer hence sale numbers shouldn't matter much to you or sub-stance1 or anyone on this forum...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    You are a gamer hence sale numbers shouldn't matter much to you or sub-stance1 or anyone on this forum...
    Gamers don't get anything out of sales or specs but people still talk about them. Let the wars continue.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    These numbers are coming from market and sales forecast. It's rumor at this point because there isn't anything saying whether the numbers are actually from the forecast or the manufacturers.

So, rumor for now.
    Games Industry International cites a “market analysis” document by Lewis Ward of IDC (the International Data Corporation) called Worldwide Video Game Entertainment Console Hardware and Packaged Software 2012-2016 Forecast. The $4,500 report’s abstract notes that the forecast is designed to predict sales figures for a variety of hardware and software over the next four years.

Tucked within, according to Games Industry International, are console numbers for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 as of December, 2012. “Sony’s PS3 managed to surpass the number of Xbox 360s shipped worldwide (about 77 million vs. 76 million), despite the PS3 launching a year later.” It’s important to note that these figures are shipped and not sold to consumers (though it‘s unlikely production is far in excess of perceived demand for either console). It’s also important to note that it’s unclear if these numbers were garnered straight from sources at Sony and Microsoft, or are part of IDC’s overall forecast.

The forecast also reportedly states that IDC predicts “Nintendo will still ‘find an audience’ with Wii U, reaching global shipments of 50 million by year-end 2016.” Wii U sales aren’t keeping pace with that of the original Wii, though it may have already sold as many as 3 million units since November.
    Microsoft’s Xbox 360 launched in North America in November of 2005, and a month later in Europe and Japan. Sony’s PlayStation 3 launched in November of 2006 in North America and Japan, and the next spring in Europe.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    lol..that's not a conformation. That is just the same story regurgitated around the internet. I mean from sony themselves. Sony hasn't confirmed that they have passed MS just yet. Show me something from sony confirming that they have sold and not shipped and i'll believe it.
    LMAO! Downplay the story because its not what you want to hear. Talk about denial. Better proof than you just saying Sony isnt shouting from the rooftops so 360 must still be in the lead. lol You haven't shown me nothing at all to prove your argument.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-22-2013 at 07:22.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Umm...its a sales numbers thread. Thats the topic.

Elite Sage
    LMAO! Downplay the story because its not what you want to hear. Talk about denial. Better proof than you just saying Sony isnt shouting from the rooftops so 360 must still be in the lead. lol You haven't shown me nothing at all to prove your argument.
    lol...likewise. I don't see any sales thread made for ps3. I wonder why. Oh, it's because no one really knows.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    lol...likewise. I don't see any sales thread made for ps3. I wonder why. Oh, it's because no one really knows.

How can you know when they bundle sales from multiple products into "families" so that not one product looks negative in sales.

I have said it from the beginning of time, sales threads are the devils playground. Numbers can spin any direction...

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    How can you know when they bundle sales from multiple products into "families" so that not one product looks negative in sales.

I have said it from the beginning of time, sales threads are the devils playground. Numbers can spin any direction...
    Actually, I don't know. I was just stating my belief that MS may still be ahead because of the lack of information we get from sony. It's possible that sony can be ahead but with them you never know much at all.

Forum Overseer

so next time Sony says something, you aren't going to say, "Well, of course Sony would say that, that's PR."

you're going to believe it in as undoubtable truth? confirmed.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    so next time Sony says something, you aren't going to say, "Well, of course Sony would say that, that's PR."

you're going to believe it in as undoubtable truth? confirmed.
    If they talk numbers it wouldn't be just PR. It's credible when it comes from them. Sony doesn't like to talk sales numbers and when they don't it leads me to believe that they are disappointing. For example they hardly ever talk vita or games sales for it.

Forum Overseer

If they talk numbers it wouldn't be just PR. It's credible when it comes from them. Sony doesn't like to talk sales numbers and when they don't it leads me to believe that they are disappointing. For example they hardly ever talk vita or games sales for it.
    So you're telling me that Sony or any other company has never skewed their sales numbers to make them look better?

did Sony constantly talk about PS2's sales? all sales talk i remember from them was at E3.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Umm...its a sales numbers thread. Thats the topic.
    oh..sorry my bad, didn't saw it :P j/k Mr.Crow, I always see those sales figures useless. Because noone buy a console acording to that. I understand "my x is better than your y" fights yet no way understanding this
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    oh..sorry my bad, didn't saw it :P j/k Mr.Crow, I always see those sales figures useless. Because noone buy a console acording to that. I understand "my x is better than your y" fights yet no way understanding this
    No worries. And yeah youre right. I have fun discussing and debating sales but at the end of the day as long as my console of choice sells enough to keep developers supporting it then I'm happy.

Elite Sage
    More info.

Xbox 360 hits 78.2 million units, 9.9 million units shipped in FY13

Microsoft has announced its financial results for FY 2013 and the Entertainment and Devices division is doing pretty well. They have managed to ship 9.9 million 360 units for fiscal year 2013.
    Their official statement can be found below:
    Entertainment and Devices Division grew 8% for the fourth quarter and 6% for the full year. During the quarter, transactional revenue within Xbox LIVE grew nearly 20%, and we unveiled our next-generation gaming and entertainment console, Xbox One.
    EDD revenue increased $134 million, or 8%, primarily due to higher Windows Phone revenue, offset in part by lower Xbox 360 platform revenue.
    Windows Phone revenue, reflecting patent licensing revenue and sales of Windows Phone licenses, increased $222 million.
    We shipped 1.0 million Xbox 360 consoles compared to 1.1 million during the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012.
    EDD operating income increased $142 million, due mainly to higher revenue.
    The company as a whole generated revenues of $77 billion, and the operating income increased by 23% to $26 billion.

Microsoft earlier pointed out that Xbox One pre-orders were doing really well and has already eclipsed Xbox 360′s pre-order numbers at the same stage.

Thread Information