Latest PSU headlines:

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 213141 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well now that PS2 is discontinued maybe we'll get "official" PS3 numbers. Whoever is in front probably isnt by much.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    so next time Sony says something, you aren't going to say, "Well, of course Sony would say that, that's PR."

you're going to believe it in as undoubtable truth? confirmed.
    if Sony say they are the worlds biggest seller of this gen consoles and MS/Nintendo don't chime in, then what reason would there be to doubt it?

perhaps Sony may be worried that if they did say such that MS/Nintendo may retort that going from a 100mil lead to more or less even in a generation is not something to shout about.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Well of course you are. lol
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    You are a gamer hence sale numbers shouldn't matter much to you or sub-stance1 or anyone on this forum...
    This is a sales thread. If you don't care to discuss sales, then why are you reading and posting in a sales thread?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier 95b View Post
    lol
    lol

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Because no company wants to brag that they tied for second.
    You aren't tied if you are ahead of Microsoft.

It is funny how Sony used to announce PS3 sales and then stopped. They know the break down between PS3 and PS2 sales yet chose to combine them. Why is that?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    You aren't tied if you are ahead of Microsoft.

It is funny how Sony used to announce PS3 sales and then stopped. They know the break down between PS3 and PS2 sales yet chose to combine them. Why is that?
    Console market... Handheld market?

PS2 production was months away from being shutdown and SONY didnt see a point in tabbing a few hundred k units?

There are many reasons why SONY may have opted to tap the numbers together other than "we are still trailing so we'll inflate those numbers in such ways rah rah rah"

Maybe MS would have used the same strategy, but we'll never know that since they dropped support of the original xbox without regards for the fans who purchased it now will we?!?!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Console market... Handheld market?

PS2 production was months away from being shutdown and SONY didnt see a point in tabbing a few hundred k units?

There are many reasons why SONY may have opted to tap the numbers together other than "we are still trailing so we'll inflate those numbers in such ways rah rah rah"

Maybe MS would have used the same strategy, but we'll never know that since they dropped support of the original xbox without regards for the fans who purchased it now will we?!?!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    We will once the Xbox One is released. If they combine sales of Xbox 360 and the Xbox One THEN you can speculate it would have been done with Xbox and Xbox 360.

I would have figured if the PS2 was winding down in numbers into it's production end, they would just post PS3 numbers. I don't recall them combining PS1 and PS2 numbers when the PS1 was at the end of it's production run. They were always separate.

So I don't think they have the numbers yet to brag of passing the 360. When has Sony NOT bragged about passing milestones? It's always good PR... even if it's moving from 3rd place to 2nd place in a gen that's at the end of the road.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Jack said that they were tied or passed the 360's figures back in feb.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ers?highlight=

the thread where someone's reputation was earned
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 07-26-2013 at 08:33.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Jack said that they were tied or passed the 360's figures back in feb.

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ers?highlight=

the thread where someone's reputation was earned
    When I see hard numbers of the PS3 ahead in LTD, then and ONLY then will I believe it. Until then, it's all assumptions and conjecture.

Soldier 95B
    I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 was ahead right now. But we don't have any official numbers for the debate.

3 days ago, Substance posted a link and article showing that the Xbox 360 (according to Microsoft) has sold 78.2 million. According to the quote from Jack back in February, he thought the PS3 was at about 77 million. That is 4-5 months ago. I am guessing the PS3 probably sold more than 1.2 million unit worldwide since Jack's quote during that 4-5 month window.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 was ahead right now. But we don't have any official numbers for the debate.

3 days ago, Substance posted a link and article showing that the Xbox 360 (according to Microsoft) has sold 78.2 million. According to the quote from Jack back in February, he thought the PS3 was at about 77 million. That is 4-5 months ago. I am guessing the PS3 probably sold more than 1.2 million unit worldwide since Jack's quote during that 4-5 month window.
    You are right and the PS3 could be ahead. But unless I have numbers backing it up, I'm not gonna say it's ahead.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    You are right and the PS3 could be ahead. But unless I have numbers backing it up, I'm not gonna say it's ahead.
    It's possible but sony sure is shy about giving numbers. At least MS puts that out there.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's possible but sony sure is shy about giving numbers. At least MS puts that out there.
    I wonder if the 77 million sold in February included PS2 consoles too.

Extreme Poster
    why would they include the PS2 numbers if they're talking about total PS3 numbers? that would probably be unlawful to do so.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    why would they include the PS2 numbers if they're talking about total PS3 numbers? that would probably be unlawful to do so.
    I don't know. They have been including PS2 numbers in their PS sales on their quarterly reports, not breaking down PS3 sales.

Extreme Poster
    I don't know. They have been including PS2 numbers in their PS sales on their quarterly reports, not breaking down PS3 sales.
    they combine those because they're not necessarily saying that they're PS3 only numbers. if you're going to give a LTD numbers, you can't include other platforms then.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I wonder if the 77 million sold in February included PS2 consoles too.
    Based on their FY results, it doesn't include ps2 numbers.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Based on their FY results, it doesn't include ps2 numbers.
    Why did you removed your sig, it tells alot about xbox users of this forum, an awesome guide for newcomers about xbox section.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

19. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Why did you removed your sig, it tells alot about xbox users of this forum, an awesome guide for newcomers about xbox section.
    I did like his signature too. But I thought it was talking about PS users

21. Likes Omar likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I did like his signature too. But I thought it was talking about PS users
    It is your only problem I see about you. Only if you understand half of what Two4DaMoney says, you would be ten times awesome person.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Soldier 95B
    It is your only problem I see about you. Only if you understand half of what Two4DaMoney says, you would be ten times awesome person.
    I am more awesome than I am.

24. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    that's hilarious Soldier. i'd totally watch your vlogs about video games.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    According to Microsoft, 107,000 Xbox 360s were sold in the U.S. in July, “making July the 31st consecutive month Xbox 360 was the best-selling console” in the States. Overall, $178 million was spent on Xbox 360 hardware, software and accessories in the U.S. in July.
    Dam sales are sloooooow
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Dam sales are sloooooow
    Indeed. I would hate to see the sales of all the others. At least MS is ending this gen strong though.

Soldier 95B
    Looks like the Xbox 360 takes first place again for the 32nd month in a row. A paltry 96k units though. Price drop needed, STAT.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/09/12/au...-october-2011/

Total new physical software sales were up 21 percent in August, according to industry tracking firm The NPD Group.
    Games like Madden NFL 25 and Saints Row IV helped increase software sales to $293.4 million compared to $237.9 million in 2012. That helped total sales grow by 1 percent from $516.3 million in August 2012 to $521 million. New console sales were down 40 percent from $150.8 million to $90.8 million.
    “August 2013 retail video game grew a modest 1 percent over August 2012 as growth in software and accessories offset soft hardware sales as we near the launch of the Xbox One and PS4,” NPD analyst Liam Callahan said in a statement. “Excluding January 2013, which was up due to an extra reporting week versus January 2012, the last time overall retail video game sales — hardware, software, and accessories — were up year over year was October 2011.”
    As always, it’s important to remember that The NPD Group is only tracking the sales of new physical video games at brick-and-mortar retail outlets. It does not track sales of games on Steam or Amazon.
    Software

1. Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360, PS3)
    2. Saints Row IV (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
    3. Disney Infinity (Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Wii U, PC)
    4. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
    5. Minecraft (Xbox 360)
    6. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
    7. NCAA Football 14 (Xbox 360, PS3)
    8. Payday 2 (Xbox 360, PS3)
    9. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn (PS3, PC)
    10. Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

“Video game retail software sales had their first positive month, up 23 percent, since November 2011,” said Callahan. “This was driven by the shift of Madden into the August data month and other launches such as Saints Row IV, Disney Infinity, and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist. In fact, eight of the top 10 games this month were launched in August.”
    Those new launches had a huge positive effect on sales. In fact, collectively, August 2013 launches composed 58 percent of all sales for August.
    “Xbox 360 and PS3 software sales combined to grow over 50 percent and are now only down only one percent year to date,” said Callahan. “This is remarkable considering how close we are to the launch of their successors, the Xbox One and PS4.”
    Nintendo exclusives had a strong month. Mario & Luigi made an impressive debut on the 3DS, and Pikmin 3 even placed despite the low customer base for the Wii U.
    “Further demonstrating the strength of the launch-heavy top 10 ranking, the top 10 games in August 2013 sold more than double the sales than the top 10 games in August 2012.”
    Finally, Callahan notes that the PS3 role-playing game Tales of Xillia only just missed the top list.
    Hardware

As we expected, the 3DS and the Xbox 360 were the big winners.
    “Nintendo’s 3DS continued to outsell other hardware platforms for the fourth month straight,” said Callahan. “The Xbox 360 was the top selling console for the month, which was the thirty-second consecutive month it has led console sales.”
    Microsoft revealed that the Xbox 360 sold 96,000 units in August.
    Regardless, hardware sales are in a rut as gamers prepare for the next-gen consoles. Sony announced plans to release PlayStation 4 on Nov. 15. Microsoft will follow a week later with the Xbox One on Nov. 22.
    “We hope to see hardware sales improve with the launch of the Xbox One and PS4 in November,” said Callahan.
    Sony and Nintendo did not provide a response to a request for its sales figures.

Thread Information