Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 233343 ... LastLast
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    bait taken........you bit.

both of ya, end it now!

33x

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

2. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Xbox One becomes Australia's fastest-selling console to date..

According to the Australian Financial Review, Market research firm NPD Group claims a total of 65,917 consoles were sold in its first three days on sale in Australia. Aussie early adopters were among the first in the world to receive the console, due to Microsoft's worldwide global release at midnight on the 22nd November.

The report also claims that games retailer EB Games called demand for the Xbox One "unprecedented," and that key rival Sony struggled to fulfill pre-orders for the PS4 in the region. Surprising no-one, it also claimed that both next gen consoles are well on track to outselling both their respective predecessors and the other other next gen console, the Wii U.
    http://www.oxm.co.uk/67801/xbox-one-...nsole-to-date/

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    Xbox One becomes Australia's fastest-selling console to date..

http://www.oxm.co.uk/67801/xbox-one-...nsole-to-date/
    This raises some really interesting questions about someones yields.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    As I said before, it all depends on how you are looking at it.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Dedicated Member
    Or most likely we are just not getting as much supply. Pretty much every Xmas catalogue has the ps4 "pre order now to receive in Jan" or they arent even advertising it. X1 is readily available, which is good for the people looking to buy it but perhaps MS got he supply/demand ratio slightly off for Australia.

Power Member
    Items User name style

Xbox Sales and Numbers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    Or most likely we are just not getting as much supply. Pretty much every Xmas catalogue has the ps4 "pre order now to receive in Jan" or they arent even advertising it. X1 is readily available, which is good for the people looking to buy it but perhaps MS got he supply/demand ratio slightly off for Australia.
    I know, its hard to gauge until we have some actual comparative numbers worldwide.
    But either way it sounds like Sony could do with more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    I know, its hard to gauge until we have some actual comparative numbers worldwide.
    But either way it sounds like Sony could do with more.

Stop ignoring MS only having to focus on 13 countries vs 32 countries and you'll see why they are able to provide more xbox ones in some of the countries that the ps4 is also available in.

Did you see the news about the ps4 3.5:1 ratio over the xbox one in spain? Does that too set off any alarms? It's not rocket science, mynd.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    13 > 32 BOOM!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

Stop ignoring MS only having to focus on 13 countries vs 32 countries and you'll see why they are able to provide more xbox ones in some of the countries that the ps4 is also available in.
    Not ignoring it, but then I was told a while back that was due to poor yields right?
    Sony are big boys, they choose to do this, the supply to those extra countries probably numbers around 500k extra if that, the 2nd biggest market in the world got 270k, you can extrapolate the rest from that.
    Did you see the news about the ps4 3.5:1 ratio over the xbox one in spain? Does that too set off any alarms? It's not rocket science, mynd.
    No I hadn't, but I'm not even going to remotely suggest that's a huge number in the context of markets though.

Sony sold 2.1 million, it looks like they cant even get close to full filling other orders till Jan now.
    If MS come up with a similar even slightly less number (1.7+), then I have to say, Sony has yield issues, or MS has none. Take you pick but you cant have it both ways.

We cant say MS has poor yileds, and Sony struggle to out manufacture them can we?

You see, if I suggest that MS yields are just fine, I get told that they aren't selling as many so that's why.

If I suggest that Sonys yields then must be not all that, then I get told they launched in more countries that's why.

<cant win> but some where in there the logic circuitry of these people defending or attacking the yields of either company is broken.

Just remind of these posts next time you all praise Cboat will ya.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    13 > 32 BOOM!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Hmm, still no good if you go boom then bust though huh?
    Last edited by mynd; 12-10-2013 at 19:55.

Elite Sage
    Of course MS isn't having yield issues for the 13 countries they've shipped in. How can they when MS is meeting and sometimes exceeding their demand. That's why you're seeing them on store shelves and it takes them a while to sell out. If they had launched in more countries then they'd likely have not been able to keep up with demand(at least one would hope).

The PS4, while selling more total units than the xbox one(clearly not having yield issues when compared to the xbox one), can't keep up with demand in all 32 countries. They're sold out as fast as they can be checked out/processed online. So in a sense, they are having yield issues. But those are the type of issues any company would love to have.

The ps4's are being produced faster than the xbox ones. The xbox one's are either meeting or exceeding demand in some countries while having less total units for sale than the ps4. The ps4, having more total units to sell than the xbox one, can't keep up with demand in any country that they have launched in.

The picture is already painted. If MS had any lead, where it counts the most(NA;UK/EU), then they would be talking about it.

edit:note to mods. I'm not trying to take any bait or troll if it comes off like that.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 12-11-2013 at 00:21.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Where did you get this info from? PS4 being made faster than xbox one, and clearly not having yield issues....

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Where did you get this info from? PS4 being made faster than xbox one, and clearly not having yield issues....
    MS and Sony both count shipped units as sold. How are they having yield issues when they're selling more than the xbox. It's not hard to read between the lines.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    MS and Sony both count shipped units as sold. How are they having yield issues when they're selling more than the xbox. It's not hard to read between the lines.
    So you know how many Xbox One systems have been sold?? I'm not against what you're saying, but it's supposition at best until we get some real numbers.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    So you know how many Xbox One systems have been sold?? I'm not against what you're saying, but it's supposition at best until we get some real numbers.
    Which is what I said.
    There seems to be a lot of conjecture, the only solid number I know of is that Sony shipped 2.1 million units as of 3rd December. Which, given what we know about we assume is all sold through.

I don't really understand if you launch in 13 or 32 countries if you ship say 1.7 vs 2.1 does 400k really make a difference simply because you chose to replenish stock you stock in the countries you choose vs siply throwing up a sold out sign in all countries.

At this time of year, this is when you want as much stock on the shelf as possible. I don think it real matters where you sell them as long as you can continue to sell them.

Does Sony say only being able shift 2.1 million in 32 countries then unable to sell any more, better or worse than MS selling 2.1 million units in 13 countries, and being available all through December?

The above article is a classic example of Sony simply being unable to sell any more units in Australia, while MS seems to be able to replenish stock. Does it make a for any extra sales overall? Maybe, maybe not, hard to tell till we get solid numbers.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-11-2013 at 01:23.

Elite Sage
    Some solid numbers coming out of the global Xbox One launch last month:

2 Million Consoles sold through in 13-markets in the first 18-days
    Over 83 million hours in games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the system launched
    39 million Xbox One achievements unlocked
    595 million total Gamerscore achieved on Xbox One
    At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com
    http://majornelson.com/2013/12/11/xb...ts-in-18-days/

npd will be interesting tomorrow. MS putting up better yields than I expected. MS seems to be shipping them when they become available.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 12-11-2013 at 16:10.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Good numbers for MS. XB1 seems to be selling well.

Forum Elder
    Sony sold 2.1 million, it looks like they cant even get close to full filling other orders till Jan now.
    If MS come up with a similar even slightly less number (1.7+), then I have to say, Sony has yield issues, or MS has none. Take you pick but you cant have it both ways.
    Microsoft's Xbox One sales reach 2 million units in 18 days.
    The Xbox One took 18 days to reach the sales milestone. The PlayStation 4 reached 2.1 million sales within 15 days.

Microsoft's Xbox One is now on pace with the PlayStation 4.
    Microsoft said on Wednesday that it has sold 2 million Xbox One units worldwide since the console launched last month. Microsoft reached the milestone in 18 days.

The Xbox One's sales news comes a week after Sony said that it has reached 2.1 million PlayStation 4 unit sales. That company took 15 days to reach that milestone.

Speaking to Reuters in an interview, Microsoft spokesman David Dennis said that the Xbox One has so far sold more quickly than the Xbox 360, adding that the company is producing Xbox One units as quickly as possible to keep up with demand.
    microsofts-xbox-one-sales-reach-2-million-units/
    i'm sure people said an expensive console would not sell.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 12-11-2013 at 16:43.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Xbox One sells 2 million in 18 days.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/11/5...-million-sales

Awesome news 2mil in 13 countries.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Apprentice
    good for Microsoft if true, but cant help questioning the authenticity of those numbers

just feels like a damage limitation pr stunt to try and sound like they're keeping up with the Ps4

I mean they come out 10days after sony announced the 2.1mill sales

figures seem to close to be true
    P S N user name birdyboy . . . THE LAST OF US WOW! !!

Forum Elder
    Yeah fors, it does seem funny that everything Sony announces they turn around and do the same. It could very well be true because Sony can't get them to store shelves. If ms can put them on the shelves they are selling them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Yeah fors, it does seem funny that everything Sony announces they turn around and do the same. It could very well be true because Sony can't get them to store shelves. If ms can put them on the shelves they are selling them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    I know what your saying my friend however if reports are to be believed regarding a possible delay for Microsoft jusin some parts of Europe till late 2014 then I'd say they're in a no better position to get consoles on the shelves either

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Microsoft's Xbox One sales reach 2 million units in 18 days.

microsofts-xbox-one-sales-reach-2-million-units/
    i'm sure people said an expensive console would not sell.
    Honestly I thought if they hit 75% of Sonys numbers that would be very good given the price difference. This is a very solid start.

Forum Elder
    Some solid numbers coming out of the global Xbox One launch last month:

• 2 Million Consoles sold through in 13-markets in the first 18-days
    • Over 83 million hours in games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the system launched
    • 39 million Xbox One achievements unlocked
    • 595 million total Gamerscore achieved on Xbox One
    • At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com
    http://majornelson.com/2013/12/11/xb...ts-in-18-days/

Forum Elder
    Honestly I thought if they hit 75% of Sonys numbers that would be very good given the price difference. This is a very solid start.

is there a chance Xbox ONE will be the biggest selling console in the soon to be released NPD?

Apprentice
    your hilarious

you highlight something which means nothing
    that peak period may have only lasted 2minutes for all we know. . . big deal

the rest of those numbers are just hot air and bluster. . . as I said in a previous post which you being an xbox fan dismissed. . .The 2million number being thrown around I would question as PR numbers after Sony released theirs last week

as I said I'd expect Sony to have done the same if it was the other way around

Thread Information