Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2838 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Guess thats one way to spin getting outsold again in your strongest territory.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    it's like, when outsold: mention xbox360 sales or combined sales

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    it's like, when outsold: mention xbox360 sales or combined sales
    Oh come now. You MUST remember when the PS3 combined its early figures with the PS2!

They are always looking to put the most positive spin on numbers to lessen any impact to their share price.

In short though - the PS4 rocks, the X1 is doing better than I expected if I'm honest, and both are doing well in real terms (irrespective of who is out in front). The PS4 will win this gen, hands down, but I'm beginning to think the X1 will still do well.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

4. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Oh come now. You MUST remember when the PS3 combined its early figures with the PS2!

They are always looking to put the most positive spin on numbers to lessen any impact to their share price.

In short though - the PS4 rocks, the X1 is doing better than I expected if I'm honest, and both are doing well in real terms (irrespective of who is out in front). The PS4 will win this gen, hands down, but I'm beginning to think the X1 will still do well.
    This.. This.. This..
    Except maybe...
    Wasn't it right before discontinuing production the ps2 that sony combined sales? I think you may be getting confused with PSP/Vita sales combined?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    But you did though. When you said and I quote "If you say so", we both know that you meant that sarcastically. If you have enough knowledge of the state of counsel sales in North America that you can sarcastically state that you doubt his answer then you should stand by your statement and not back track when called on it. Maybe keeping quiet on things you have no knowledge on would be best in the future.
    MS's gains had sweet FA to do with Sony's supply constraint. Suggesting it tightened up simply because Sony was supply constrained is bollocks, Sony shifted more units than last month,, but the gap closed, "because of supply constraint"..

Bollocks.

There's two side to this coin ya know.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    This.. This.. This..
    Except maybe...
    Wasn't it right before discontinuing production the ps2 that sony combined sales? I think you may be getting confused with PSP/Vita sales combined?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
    No. PS3 sales were sluggish at first and Sony did combine PS2/PS3 sales. That was back in the day when I lurked around here before I registered.

I'm sure that someone here with a lot of time on their hands will take the time to go back and search old threads to find it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    MS's gains had sweet FA to do with Sony's supply constraint. Suggesting it tightened up simply because Sony was supply constrained is bollocks, Sony shifted more units than last month,, but the gap closed, "because of supply constraint"..

Bollocks.

MS' gains had nothing to do with PS4 supply, obviously. But PS4 would have sold more units if the supply was there. That is certain.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

9. Likes PS4freak , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Yes, Sony combined PS3/PS2 sales. for at least a year or two.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Of course a company will spin things, it is called being strategic with your delivery. Making your company look strong is always mission number 1. It wouldn't be smart business to instantly agree that you are being outsold.
    Last edited by Justin; 03-14-2014 at 16:37.

8 years and counting!

12. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Of course a company will and spin things, it is called being strategic with your delivery. Making your company look strong is always mission number 1. It wouldn't be smart business to instantly agree that you are being outsold.
    Exactly. PR folks doing what they do. Spin anything and everything into a positive.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

14. Likes Justin likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    what's funny is that i don't remember sony ever spinning it into WW numbers...they didn't milk it at least from what i remember. you'd think they were smart enough to do that. they had a horrible marketing team back then. we all felt like PS3 was doing horrible when it was just doing horrible in the US. it wasn't until 2010 or so when i realized that PS3 had been outselling the 360 overall.

Apprentice

Bollocks.

Here's something for you then, going to bet that retail finally sold through all the Xbox 1's that MS over shipped during the holiday season when they over estimated demand and MS could finally ship some more to retail. Pretty sure this is probably where most of MS's gains came from

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Here's something for you then, going to bet that retail finally sold through all the Xbox 1's that MS over shipped during the holiday season when they over estimated demand and MS could finally ship some more to retail. Pretty sure this is probably where most of MS's gains came from
    That could be true, but we have no way of really knowing. Just like we have no real way of knowing the other-side of the coin.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    The US is the only "swing voter" territory this gen. Gotta give credit where credit is due, though. MS has successfully shaken off some of the "total albatross of a system" stigma they had back at E3 aand are putting up a fight so far.

PS4, on the other hand, isn't really in a position to capitalize big time on system seller titles. Their supply chain is maxed out, so even if Infamous is a 10/10 or MGSV GZ is a barn stormer, Sony is going to sell 280-290k systems this March and that's just how it's going to be. Granted, they will probably be able to prolong this sell-out streak they have with hard hitting titles.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    The US is the only "swing voter" territory this gen. Gotta give credit where credit is due, though. MS has successfully shaken off some of the "total albatross of a system" stigma they had back at E3 aand are putting up a fight so far.

PS4, on the other hand, isn't really in a position to capitalize big time on system seller titles. Their supply chain is maxed out, so even if Infamous is a 10/10 or MGSV GZ is a barn stormer, Sony is going to sell 280-290k systems this March and that's just how it's going to be. Granted, they will probably be able to prolong this sell-out streak they have with hard hitting titles.
    I don't see much, till september at least. This is nothing with titles, people buy ps4's because it is new&sexy and get sick of loading times of ps3.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I see two systems with no titles for some while, why people buy either is beyond me.
    I really don't feel I'm missing out on anything by not having either of these systems.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    I see two systems with no titles for some while, why people buy either is beyond me.
    I really don't feel I'm missing out on anything by not having either of these systems.
    i can tell you that you are.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

22. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    i can tell you that you are.
    15 gorgeous hours with South Park:SoT make me less inclined to feel that way.
    I might start to feel that way when Batman hits.
    Untill, then I have a plethora of back log games, Watch Dogs, Ground Zero, Destiny,as well as Wolfenstein to look forward to.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-15-2014 at 09:30.

Superior Member
    I totally agree. Hell, between GTA, Diablo 3, Titalfall (maybe), Watch Dogs and AC: Black Flag, I'll be busy for a while. And from what I've read, the 360 version of Titalfall is stable with minimal framerate dips.

I know that getting the newest console at or close to launch is the cool thing to do, but when I finally do pull the trigger I'll save around $100 on the hardware and be able to get a ton of great games at a steep discount (read used).
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I totally agree. Hell, between GTA, Diablo 3, Titalfall (maybe), Watch Dogs and AC: Black Flag, I'll be busy for a while. And from what I've read, the 360 version of Titalfall is stable with minimal framerate dips.

I know that getting the newest console at or close to launch is the cool thing to do, but when I finally do pull the trigger I'll save around $100 on the hardware and be able to get a ton of great games at a steep discount (read used).
    You have officially confused the hell out of me.

You say there's nothing worth buying this year and that you'll be buying the cross gen games on last gen consoles. Then you say you are waiting for a price cut and will be picking up great games at a steep discount.

What are these great games you speak of? The only games with a steep discount in 2015 will be titles from 2014. And 2014 titles aren't worth purchasing a next gen console according to what you stated.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

26. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Forum Elder
    can only but say that i'm glad i got mine. obviously if and when you do get one of these systems you will be able to play the many "no titles" that I'm playing now and the likes of Killzone make me wish i'd jumped in sooner with PS4.

28. Likes Captncoke49, mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran

MS Quarterly report: Sold-in 1.2M XBones Jan-March

Essentially, they are selling about 400k XBones a month.

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/Ea...3/default.aspx

Superior Member

Essentially, they are selling about 400k XBones a month.

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/Ea...3/default.aspx
    That is not quarterly report. That is Press Release saying 1.2 Million.

The actual Quarterly report doesnt show the Xbox One sales. They lumped the entire Xbox(so One and 360) as 2 million.

Thought it was shipped. or Sold in to retailers.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Essentially, they are selling about 400k XBones a month. http://www.microsoft.com/investor/Ea...3/default.aspx
    No, they are shipping 400k Xbones to retailers a month. Sold in to retailers.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 04-24-2014 at 22:13.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    Thought it was shipped. or Sold in to retailers.
    It is.

Thread Information