Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3343 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1109
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Here's the biggest news of all coming from this. It appears that MS is going to slow or halt production to clear inventory.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...to_profits.php

Not exactly what you want to hear 6 months out of the gate. Also seems like a sign that cutting the price may not be on the table.
    Or maybe working on a kinect-less SKU. This is the first big test for Spencer. Will be interesting to see how he reacts to the lack of demand.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Here's the biggest news of all coming from this. It appears that MS is going to slow or halt production to clear inventory.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...to_profits.php

Not exactly what you want to hear 6 months out of the gate. Also seems like a sign that cutting the price may not be on the table.
    "channel inventory drawdown for Xbox consoles,"
    Looks like I was right.

They might not ship a million next qt. That's going to be very bad.

Forum Overseer
    like i said, you can only play this game for so long and it only works well if you know you may get a little drop but then you pick it back up...otherwise, it's going to show up eventually.

@Chris...no way they would go kinect-less. if they do, it would be the most desparate move by MS yet.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

No supply issues. Over-shipping issues They'll be lucky to add 150k to totals(the other countries =150k) once they launch in other countries in sept. If other countries didn't like the 360 then they're going to certainly hate the xbone.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-25-2014 at 16:15.

5. Likes Peregrin8X likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Sometimes these threads are just like this...

Be Together - Not the same.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    like i said, you can only play this game for so long and it only works well if you know you may get a little drop but then you pick it back up...otherwise, it's going to show up eventually.

@Chris...no way they would go kinect-less. if they do, it would be the most desparate move by MS yet.
    I just don't know what else they can do. Is dropping Kinect more desperate than dropping the price and eating the loss?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I just don't know what else they can do. Is dropping Kinect more desperate than dropping the price and eating the loss?
    It's desperate either way.

But at this point, they pretty much have to do something. At the very least/bare minimum, a price drop and/or kinect dropping is what they have to do. Not to mention a strong showing at E3.

That's the yardstick, and that's how bad it;s been thus far. Anything less and the hole gets deeper.

Silver lining for xbox fans, you can almost hope/bet that they're gonna be showing good games in E3.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    It's desperate either way.

But at this point, they pretty much have to do something. At the very least/bare minimum, a price drop and/or kinect dropping is what they have to do. Not to mention a strong showing at E3.

That's the yardstick, and that's how bad it;s been thus far. Anything less and the hole gets deeper.

Silver lining for xbox fans, you can almost hope/bet that they're gonna be showing good games in E3.
    Huge E3 for X1 this year. They have to generate more interest, but it is all for nothing without a price cut. PS3 went through all this. And until those good games actually start hitting the shelves, X1 is going to flounder badly. If all the hype around Titanfall barely made a dent.....what will?

Forum Overseer
    the only reason i say that dropping kinect would be desparate is because half the reason for making the X1 was TV, and without Kinect, they don't need the TV. so if they drop the kinect, it means that they have basically abandoned a huge chunk of their core plan.

dropping a price is nothing compared to dropping kinect.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    How much inventory could they have possibly stuffed into the channels? Surely not much more than a million right?
    If NPD is anything to go by, 1 million XBones back channeled is almost a full quarters supply. Titanfall bump is also in the rear-view mirror, not the windshield. That will impact retail demand.

Dedicated Member
    the only reason i say that dropping kinect would be desparate is because half the reason for making the X1 was TV, and without Kinect, they don't need the TV. so if they drop the kinect, it means that they have basically abandoned a huge chunk of their core plan.

We saw that dropping the price didn't save them. When it was the same price/cheaper than the competition it still didn't out sell it. So it could be the Kinect that people don't want, lack of games preventing a perceived value, bad/lesser quality 3rd party ports or...what else is there?

For MS to have a strong E3 they are going to have to spend some SERIOUS cash on exclusives. A 3rd party will see the user base difference and be able to say no its not worth it to be exclusive to MS or demand a lot more money for compensation.

They had better hope they can generate some sales and hype leading up to E3 cause I can see Sony dropping a tonne of hurt with their 1st party offerings and any other 3rd party that would no doubt be eager to show off for the market leader. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Sony does what they can to drop a 10 million sold bomb at E3.

13. Likes mistercrow, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    ... But have you seen Titanwall?

15. Likes victorijapoosp , Peregrin8X likes this post

Kinect just provides voice commands for TV, right? I'm not so sure removing that capability scraps the entire TV strategy if that is the case.

Ultimate Veteran
    It's just getting worse and worse today..

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/...ble-at-amazon/

They'll have to start calling it the Year One Edition if this keeps up.

18. Likes AttackTitan likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Here's the biggest news of all coming from this. It appears that MS is going to slow or halt production to clear inventory. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...to_profits.php Not exactly what you want to hear 6 months out of the gate. Also seems like a sign that cutting the price may not be on the table.
    Wow. Thats not good. MS needs to do something asap.

Forum Overseer
    Kinect just provides voice commands for TV, right? I'm not so sure removing that capability scraps the entire TV strategy if that is the case.
    you think they would take all the crap they have been if it were only for that? XD

TV > Ads > Revenues

TV > Ads > Kinect sensitive data collection of millions of people > lots more revenues. we're talking possible millions to billions.

don't believe me? think i have a tin foil hat? lol.

https://www.google.com/#q=nuads&safe=active

and there was news of MS at the marketing convention trying to sell what kinect 2.0 will bring for data collection that can be used by marketers.

and let's not forget Microsoft may bring targeted political ads to Xbox Live

how do you think they figure all this out? data collection.

now go back and look at what kinect 2.0 can do, how much data it can collect, ranging from expressions/emotions, eye movement, identification etc. you think those things are essential for gaming? think again sir.

pretty sure there was a TOS that caused controversy because it didn't make it clear if they will use the data collected or not. MS said that they won't sell your data without letting you know lol. yeah, kinda like how FB does it, hidden in some fine print.

Microsoft exec: Kinect for Xbox One won't collect data for advertising

seems legit. why did they go to the marketing convention then? lol. they must take people for idiots, i swear. the sad reality is that, other than a few people who get it, people are just...sheep.

it's a billion dollar industry and MS is sitting on top of it, waiting for the right time to strike.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Phil Spencer fairly recently said that MS is not removing Kinect. So thats their stance for the time being.

PSU Technical Advisor
    you think they would take all the crap they have been if it were only for that? XD

TV > Ads > Revenues

TV > Ads > Kinect sensitive data collection of millions of people > lots more revenues. we're talking possible millions to billions.

don't believe me? think i have a tin foil hat? lol.

https://www.google.com/#q=nuads&safe=active

and there was news of MS at the marketing convention trying to sell what kinect 2.0 will bring for data collection that can be used by marketers.

and let's not forget Microsoft may bring targeted political ads to Xbox Live

how do you think they figure all this out? data collection.

now go back and look at what kinect 2.0 can do, how much data it can collect, ranging from expressions/emotions, eye movement, identification etc. you think those things are essential for gaming? think again sir.

pretty sure there was a TOS that caused controversy because it didn't make it clear if they will use the data collected or not. MS said that they won't sell your data without letting you know lol. yeah, kinda like how FB does it, hidden in some fine print.

Microsoft exec: Kinect for Xbox One won't collect data for advertising

seems legit. why did they go to the marketing convention then? lol. they must take people for idiots, i swear. the sad reality is that, other than a few people who get it, people are just...sheep.

it's a billion dollar industry and MS is sitting on top of it, waiting for the right time to strike.
    It makes sense, especially given their attempts to combat Google. They want in on big data, and want it badly. Have for years.

Using Kinect, though, to do this? That's... Disconcerting. Would not feel safe with that thing plugged in, even if MS were totally innocuous you KNOW that the NSA are sniffing that.

23. Likes victorijapoosp , Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Phil Spencer fairly recently said that MS is not removing Kinect. So thats their stance for the time being.
    it makes me look sane, doesn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    It makes sense, especially given their attempts to combat Google. They want in on big data, and want it badly. Have for years.

Using Kinect, though, to do this? That's... Disconcerting. Would not feel safe with that thing plugged in, even if MS were totally innocuous you KNOW that the NSA are sniffing that.
    yup, that's why i went from loving google to death to disliking it. though i still use google because i don't know of any other company or search engine that would not collect data anyway.

though i have removed "all" of my personal info from FB. i might put up pictures or update statuses that have nothing to do with anything but my personal info is gone...lots of fun stuff i have about FB but that's another thread lol. i should make one.

big data discrimination is a real thing folks, it's not too far away and it's already happening to some extent.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Google gives back though. I mean really think about it, what would we do without search engines (which Google pioneered)? They also provide tons of quality services like Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Maps, Google Fiber and Android. Many of these were big game changers, and the majority are free outside of signing up.

Google Fiber is the most awesome, competitive, internet package available in the US. Possibly the world, I dunno.

I mean hell, Google is also pushing into robotics and driverless cars. This is awesome, awesome stuff.

I agree with you in spirit. I like anonymity and prefer my privacy, however Google has done oodles to really make this process more appealing to us.

There are still ways you can shield yourself though, if you're willing to put effort into dropping off the grid. Various encryption services and programs can help protect your identity.

Because of PRISM and all this NSA fall out we are going to see a stronger trend for a more secure (encrypted), anonymous internet. Going forward, I think it will be easier to hide yourself from prying eyes.

When it comes to the likes of Google, there's good and bad when it comes to data collection. I think there is a lot of good. Oodles of it.

But then of course you have the government/NSA factor (which is no one's fault but the governments, and our own as voters) and the other players. I cannot make the same argument in favor of Microsoft, Facebook or Yahoo for instance. They don't offer me anything substantial for harvesting my information.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Spencer says keep Kinect and CFO says reduce production. Guess they didn't give themselves much wiggle room, did they?

27. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Spencer says keep Kinect and CFO says reduce production. Guess they didn't give themselves much wiggle room, did they?
    lol Nope, not at all. Stubborn I guess.

Forum Elder
    ... But have you seen Titanwall?
    It's just getting worse and worse today..

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/...ble-at-amazon/

They'll have to start calling it the Year One Edition if this keeps up.
    Lol..

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Or maybe working on a kinect-less SKU. This is the first big test for Spencer. Will be interesting to see how he reacts to the lack of demand.
    Or maybe they are referring to Xbox 360?
    Last edited by mynd; 04-25-2014 at 22:42.

Master Sage
    If NPD is anything to go by, 1 million XBones back channeled is almost a full quarters supply. Titanfall bump is also in the rear-view mirror, not the windshield. That will impact retail demand.
    True, I would have thought they'd project higher than the last quarter given the beginning of the year is generally considered as the slow period but I guess not.

No pricecuts in that time either then if their projections are that low...

Thread Information