Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4555
Results 1,351 to 1,356 of 1356
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well thats what I've been saying, their measuring stick is their 360 sales.
    As for sales, we have no idea what they did but I imagine its more than 4.4 million. You are saying they sold 2:1, One:360. Cant quite believe that.
    I think the 360 sales are strong enough to push at least 2m. If they did do over 4.4m then it's likely not by much.

I don't get why they won't announce any figures. The last we heard from MS concerning the xbone was the "near 10m shipped" announcement. It's like they don't want us to know how it's doing compared to the ps4 but if it's doing better than the 360 then I don't see the problem letting everyone know the figures.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 01-27-2015 at 23:07.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I wish Microsoft would tell us how many units sold during the holiday season. We know they shipped over 6 million units, but how many were sold???

Master Sage
    Think MS will keep those numbers behind closed doors this entire gen.
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 01-28-2015 at 00:43.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    I wish Microsoft would tell us how many units sold during the holiday season. We know they shipped over 6 million units, but how many were sold???
    They sold them to retailers, they are happy.
    No one knows how many actually sold, everybody estimates that, where as numbers out the door is an absolute (ish lol to the nearest .1 million). Anybody (read Sony) saying they have "sold through" will always say its an estimate according to their retail partners etc etc.

Its only going to affect this 1/4 , next 1/4 whatever they sell, will be on top of what they have sold this 1/4, so you can guarantee that all 6.6 will be "gone".

At the end of the day, sold through vs sold to retailers is at best going to be out by a small margin every single 1/4. But that does mean the 1/4 before is all sold now.

So what does it really matter, long term numbers are accurate regardles of "sold through vs shipped" thing that people like to bandy around.

I mean anyone would think people think that shipping 6 million and selling only 4 million means that 2 million somehow magically disappears, and then roll around to the next 1/4 and say the same dam thing.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-28-2015 at 06:12.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    They sold them to retailers, they are happy.
    No one knows how many actually sold, everybody estimates that, where as numbers out the door is an absolute (ish lol to the nearest .1 million). Anybody (read Sony) saying they have "sold through" will always say its an estimate according to their retail partners etc etc.

Its only going to affect this 1/4 , next 1/4 whatever they sell, will be on top of what they have sold this 1/4, so you can guarantee that all 6.6 will be "gone".

At the end of the day, sold through vs sold to retailers is at best going to be out by a small margin every single 1/4. But that does mean the 1/4 before is all sold now.

So what does it really matter, long term numbers are accurate regardles of "sold through vs shipped" thing that people like to bandy around.

I mean anyone would think people think that shipping 6 million and selling only 4 million means that 2 million somehow magically disappears, and then roll around to the next 1/4 and say the same dam thing.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Sony and Nintendo can pretty much dial in on how much is sold to customers and be very close. Sony only produces X amount. X is shipped. X is in demand for the restock, X is shipped. Nintendo is in the same boat. Sales have stayed steady during the year and went up during the holidays.

I totally get why MS won't announce a "sold to customers figure/estimate". It's impossible for them to be as accurate as Sony and Nintendo. Their production and shipments are all over the place. They're not steady like Sony's and Nintendo.

Thread Information