Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5464
Results 1,576 to 1,596 of 1596
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    And how many 360 consoles were there when Halo 4 came out??

Hint - A hell of a lot more than 10 million.
    again that doesn't prove anything when Halo 4 sold far less than Halo 3. stay on point here. we're talking about how much frontloaded sales mean.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    again that doesn't prove anything when Halo 4 sold far less than Halo 3. stay on point here. we're talking about how much frontloaded sales mean.
    The point is that Halo 5 is the fastest selling Halo game in franchise history. Even when Halo 4 released on a console with 60 million units sold. Even faster than Halo 3 that sold more than Halo 4.

So clearly the stats show Halo 5 is on point to outsell Halo 3.

Halo 3 - 12 million (physical copies only)
    Halo 4 - 9.5 million (physical copies only)

So the stats so far show that Halo 5 is on pace to sell more than 12 million copies. Anybody can see that it means quite a lot that Halo 5 is the fastest selling Halo game.

Not sure how they hell you feel like you need to argue this? Oh wait, you think you know everything....
    Last edited by Lethal; 11-16-2015 at 17:41.

Forum Overseer
    The point is that Halo 5 is the fastest selling Halo game in franchise history. Even when Halo 4 released on a console with 60 million units sold. Even faster than Halo 3 that sold more than Halo 4.

So clearly the stats show Halo 5 is on point to outsell Halo 3.
    we don't know this without proper numbers lol. especially since it's doing ok at this point. unless it continued to break records, like PS4 has...we can't assume it will definitely defeat Halo 3's ~15m sales. think about that for a sec. 15m freaking sales. you can't say that you've figured out with one month's sales that it will do more than 15m sales. makes you sound insane, not me.

Halo 3 - 12 million (physical copies only)
    Halo 4 - 9.5 million (physical copies only)

So the stats so far show that Halo 5 is on pace to sell more than 12 million copies. Anybody can see that it means quite a lot that Halo 5 is the fastest selling Halo game.
    lol no it doesn't. not from one month sales. and it's close to 15m, not 12.

Not sure how they hell you feel like you need to argue this? Oh wait, you think you know everything....
    i'm not arguing about it, you are. all i said was that we don't know for sure how it will fare without knowing proper data. so much for accusing me of knowing "everything" lol. i'm actually saying that we don't know if that will stick or not. especially considering X1's blunders, we can't say for sure what will happen with Halo 5's total sales.

let's recap, you're the one throwing wild presumptions out there and i'm the one saying, let's get proper numbers and see how it's truly doing. we don't even know by how much it has been the fastest as opposed to the last fastest. it's like saying because X1 won in October that it will continue to win from this point on (it would matter by how much it's beating the PS4 because it could be pretty close).

without proper numbers, you shouldn't be throwing bold statements. you have to prove a "trend" first.just stating "fastest selling" doesn't mean anything in the long run. snap out of it.
    Last edited by Omar; 11-16-2015 at 17:51.

4. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Id love to know who actually thought TR was going to beat Fallout 4 or COD. Painting it having failed because it didn't beat those two? Fallout 4 was on the market in Eu a full 3 days before TR launched, but nevertheless as long as both sell well on the xbox I dont think MS or the publishers give a dam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Id love to know who actually thought TR was going to beat Fallout 4 or COD.
    Nobody did.

Forum Overseer
    Id love to know who actually thought TR was going to beat Fallout 4 or COD. Painting it having failed because it didn't beat those two? Fallout 4 was on the market in Eu a full 3 days before TR launched, but nevertheless as long as both sell well on the xbox I dont think MS or the publishers give a dam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well i was not expecting it to sell that well. we didn't even know anything about the game...is it even better than the last one? I didn't think the last one was better than a B but i think it did well with sales in the long run. especially after getting a facelift.

i do agree that they're not worried because honestly the dev/publisher probably knows it's never going to be a huge success. it's better to take an exclusive deal on this (work less, get about the same) and then focus on a port...that's not bad at all. you keep your employees working longer too. job security.

now if it were something like Fallout 4 being timed exclusive, that's just too expensive to retain.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Nobody did.
    Then why is this even noteworthy?
    Because some gaffer tweets numbers without any context?
    They tweet this $#@!, without reminding people the 2013 reboot, hey it was mulitplatform, it was released in March without any competition, and it wasn't going up against two juggernauts in COD and Fallout, and it was the biggest release of 2013 in the UK.

So there's your context, the biggest release of 2013 did 187k. NO other title beat it untill GTA. So sitting in between 2 other competing titles at this time of year with a 1/3 that number is bad? No it aint. Not when you consider it's competing with other titles.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-16-2015 at 19:12.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Eh square considered 6 million sales of tomb raider 2013 a failure (without the remaster), lol wonder what they'll consider this one when all is said and done. Mind you with all platforms release I don't think this game will break 3.5k.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

10. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    well games that get ported over to another platform later on, never do well on the ported version. so yeah it will probably not do as well as the last time.

secondly, i didn't even hear about the game...there was absolutely no hype. all i heard was star wars and fallout 4. didn't even know the game was out.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    What I dont get is, do people think it would have miraculously done better on XBO had it been mulitplatform? What the pointy of all this.?

Forum Overseer
    What I dont get is, do people think it would have miraculously done better on XBO had it been mulitplatform? What the pointy of all this.?
    i'd think it would've done worse...but i donno, maybe multiplat would give it more exposure.

14. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    i'd think it would've done worse...but i donno, maybe multiplat would give it more exposure.
    Agreed. Xbone version would have still done poorly and maybe worse but the game propably would have done better overall if it wasnt only on xbone and 360. Common sense. Square is propably regretting this deal now.

Forum Overseer
    they're probably regretting more for making it bad lol

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Then why is this even noteworthy?
    Because we were discussing the sales. Not discussing anything about who would outsell Fallout.

There are too many different discussions going on in here.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    they're probably regretting more for making it bad lol

I havent heard anyone clal it a bad game?

Because we were discussing the sales. Not discussing anything about who would outsell Fallout.

There are too many different discussions going on in here.
    Really? Cause I dont recall us discussing day one sales of anything else ever before.

Forum Overseer
    no that's just my opinion. i didn't like the previous one and if this didn't make any waves then it's probably not better...if better at all.

i should really just say a B game. not bad but not amazing. i usually only pay attention when the games are getting a lot of critical acclaim.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    no that's just my opinion. i didn't like the previous one and if this didn't make any waves then it's probably not better...if better at all.

i should really just say a B game. not bad but not amazing. i usually only pay attention when the games are getting a lot of critical acclaim.

I haven't played it, but I do agree, the original was a game I picked up cheap, although my son is currently playing it (the original)and loves it, I wasn't a huge fan.
    In syaing that I hear there are more tombs and puzzles on this one so that interests me.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-16-2015 at 21:18.

Forum Overseer
    honestly if they went back to the roots of it, it would do well. but they'd have to do it properly. how i imagined TR's evolution wasn't as it turned out. it was supposed to do more of what made it famous.

so we should've seen proper mountain climbing. because TR1/2/3 were popular because you were always in natural untouched environments and it was less about shooting and more about figuring out how to get out.

not even puzzles, just natural puzzles. not like the ones today that are not natural...they look man-made or too coincidental.

used to be that you'd just have to figure out where to jump...it was the simplicity that made it amazing and the atmosphere.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Items User name style

Original was good because it reminded me of uncharted, will be picking this one up when they release on ps4 depending on what games are also launching around then

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Original was good because it reminded me of uncharted, will be picking this one up when they release on ps4 depending on what games are also launching around then

that was my problem lol. i actually liked UC more just because UC still did some things well. my problem with TR was that it didn't really grab me in, it was generic. it wasn't a poor game, just nothing that i really cared to experience.

i might still beat the game, i got it for free on the PS3 through PS+ but i donno if i'll go through with it.

even the bow and arrow thing was better in TLOU and that game has that in there for just a little bit.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    SE/CD seemed very pleased with MS's money. That leaves one to wonder if they foreseen low sales(which they should have considering that over 70% of the reboot DE came from the ps4 ) and made MS pay enough. I know for a fact that they have pissed off the PS fanbase(evident from looking at their weak blog that only had lots of replys from fans with the ps4). I hope it just scrapes by with a profit so that we can get another sequel where SE/CD doesn't have their heads up their ass.

I'll be playing this on the ps4. A stolen copy more than likely. This game will be very cheap on the xbone when the ps4 version can be released. They're going to pull a GOTY edition out for the xbone and ps4 so they can try and justify a $60 price tag lol. They have a rude awakening coming.

Thread Information