Page 1 of 45 111 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1109
  1. #1
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    3,462,332 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Xbox Sales and Numbers Thread

    Alright... with the rules revision, comes the return of sales threads to the 360 section of the forum.

    In the past, this section was banned from having sales threads because of massive flaming from members both pro and anti-360. This will NOT be tolerated again.

    In order to keep the thread open, and healthy, there will be some guidelines that will be heavily moderated:
    • Absolutely NO mention of PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, etc... in the thread. The discussion will revolve around the numbers posted for the 360 and what it means. In the past, the threads turned into instant comparison threads, got derailed, then closed. No one wants that. So to avoid it, no one is allowed to post things like "well the PS3 sold ### two weeks earlier than 360 did at the same point in its life"... not only is the number meaningless, it brings the PS3 into a discussion that it does not belong to.
    • Derailing, insults, harassment, etc.. also NOT tolerated. Users will enjoy a bypass of the warning feature on the infraction board. Repeat offenders will be banned from posting in the entire 360 subforum, not just the numbers thread.
    • VGChartz is not a reliable source for numbers, as they are not an official reporting agency. They can be discussed, but to quote them as a source of verifiable information should be avoided.
    • Anyone bringing a sold to consumer vs. sold to retail argument into the thread will have their posts deleted.
    Let's try to keep it civil, and on topic.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-17-2012 at 19:43.
    LMAO

  2. #2
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,047
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    62,725 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    How many consoles have MS sold to date anyway? My estimate have them close to about 43 mil at this point.

  3. #3
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,546
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    16,482 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant
    oh...so its cool for trolling to go on over on the other side of the forums...just not here???...surely that is not what you're saying with this...
    Lord, yes. The ps3 sales get trolled to hell. It would be one thing if it was a big problem. It hasn't been lately other than 2 or 3 members. I never see anyone trolling the 360 numbers in the ps3 section. It's always the ps3 "not doing well enough" even though they are showing YOY growth to a 13m sold year. If that's not trolling then I don't know what is.

    What I'm basically saying is, this thread doesn't seem needed. It's not hard to sort out the trolls in the sales threads as of late.

    ^This can be edited out after read by a mod^

    A post I made in another thread...*NPD only*

    Jan - Sept 10' --- 3,209,089

    Jan - Sept 09' --- 2,391,500

    Jan - Sept 08' --- 2,088,400

    They are well ahead of 2008 sales during the same months. They were ahead of 2008 sales in 2009 also(not by a million like in 2010) but sold a million less for the FY. It's a bit tricky to predict. I would say they'll hit around 12m for the FY.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-25-2010 at 18:11.


  4. #4
    Superior Member
    BLaZiN PRopHeT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    1,839 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    How many consoles have MS sold to date anyway? My estimate have them close to about 43 mil at this point.

    I believe MS post their quarterly numbers on Thursday. We should have the number of consoles sold then.

  5. #5
    Master Guru
    skulpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,886
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    7,715 (0 Banked)
    Sounds good to me. People don't have to bring the PS3 into this at all. Most people know what Sony reports, so that's fine. Create a blog post comparing the two then if you want to compare and link to it in your sig. It's always interesting for me to compare, but I know how it goes on the forums side of things. One side gets upset, and the other pushes it in their face more and more.

    Oh, and I predict 10.5 to 11M this year. I think they dropped in Japan, and I don't think they cleaned up in Europe like they were hoping.
    Last edited by skulpt; 10-25-2010 at 20:02.

  6. #6
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    3,335 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Alright... with the rules revision, comes the return of sales threads to the 360 section of the forum.

    In the past, this section was banned from having sales threads because of massive flaming from members both pro and anti-360. This will NOT be tolerated again.

    In order to keep the thread open, and healthy, there will be some guidelines that will be heavily moderated:


    • Absolutely NO mention of PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, etc... in the thread. The discussion will revolve around the numbers posted for the 360 and what it means. In the past, the threads turned into instant comparison threads, got derailed, then closed. No one wants that. So to avoid it, no one is allowed to post things like "well the PS3 sold ### two weeks earlier than 360 did at the same point in its life"... not only is the number meaningless, it brings the PS3 into a discussion that it does not belong to.
    • Derailing, insults, harassment, etc.. also NOT tolerated. Users will enjoy a bypass of the warning feature on the infraction board. Repeat offenders will be banned from posting in the entire 360 subforum, not just the numbers thread.
    • VGChartz is not a reliable source for numbers, as they are not an official reporting agency. They can be discussed, but to quote them as a source of verifiable information should be avoided.
    • Anyone bringing a sold to consumer vs. sold to retail argument into the thread will have their posts deleted.


    Let's try to keep it civil, and on topic.
    Well, no good deed goes let unpunished! You're already catching slack on the first response.

    Thanks for allowing a discussion while at the same time removing the trolls from the get go. I'll be sure to report any shenanigans that I come across here.


  7. #7
    Master Guru
    skulpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,886
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    7,715 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    But treating different sales threads depending on what section they are located in is a flat out terrible idea....the threads should be in a central location where they can be.moderated appropriately and with consistency...


    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    But then a comparison should be done in the multiplatform talk area IMO. Same goes with these PS3/360 visual comparisons.

  8. #8
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Dyack View Post
    Well, no good deed goes let unpunished! You're already catching slack on the first response.

    Thanks for allowing a discussion while at the same time removing the trolls from the get go.
    I agree. Not surprising to see who it is thats complaining about this.

  9. #9
    Forum Sage
    Metfanant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,581
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    2,147 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by skulpt View Post
    But then a comparison should be done in the multiplatform talk area IMO. Same goes with these PS3/360 visual comparisons.
    Bingo....I think sales and now that you mention them visual comparisons(digital foundry and Lens of truelth) should have one as well....it keeps all the discussion in a single place...easier to moderate...


    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I agree. Not surprising to see who it is thats complaining about this.
    Rubbish...so you would rather a useless post where with no context for any discussion...instead of sales getting their own section of the forums where they can be talked about and moderated accordingly??...

    You think this is an example of the consistency members asked for??...allowing the status quo sales threads in the ps3 section while protecting the 360 sections threads??....Nah...id rather see no sales threads altogether...

    They bring nothing but bickering to the forums n matter how hard people try to keep ir clean...

    This thread is just not the answer...they should have their own section where sales are talked about in general and can be monitored with a zero tolorance policy...

    The staff can ban members from particular sections...if you troll th sales section....you're gone...either side of the asile...


    Really id love to hear reasoning on how this particular thread benefits the forum as a whole more than a sales subsection...

    A sub section removes all sales threads from both the ps3 and 360 sections of the forum...you don't get the rampant trolling over sals clogging up either forum....moderators now exactly where to look to find it as well...making it easier for all sides...both staff and members....

    And again...implement a zero tolerance policy in the section...if you are deemed to be trolling the sales section you can't post there for a month or something...maybe longer...idk however longbthe staff sees fit...

    I rarely even post in sales threads because I just don't find them productive at all...but im really struggling to see at all how this helps the problem...or how giving sales its own section could not be better than the current situation...


    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

  10. #10
    Superior Member
    BLaZiN PRopHeT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    627
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    1,839 (0 Banked)
    MS made 382 million in Q1, Shipped 2.8 million 360s and has sold a total of 44.5 million systems to date. Looks like they will hit 50 million by the end of the year.


    http://www.microsoft.com/investor/Ea...1/default.aspx

  11. #11
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,869
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    167,959 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I thought it was 2.9 million units?

    Anyway, I think this brings them up to 1.5m+1.5m+2.9=5.9m for the year so far.

  12. #12
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,546
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    16,482 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's 2.8^ not 2.9.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLaZiN PRopHeT View Post
    MS made 382 million in Q1, Shipped 2.8 million 360s and has sold a total of 44.5 million systems to date. Looks like they will hit 50 million by the end of the year.


    http://www.microsoft.com/investor/Ea...1/default.aspx
    Where do you see that about consoles sold? I don't see a figure mentioned....

    edit:
    EDD revenue increased primarily reflecting higher Xbox 360 platform revenue. Xbox 360 platform revenue grew $409 million or 33%, primarily reflecting increased volumes of Xbox 360 consoles sold and higher Xbox 360 video game revenue led by Halo Reach. We shipped 2.8 million Xbox 360 consoles during the first quarter of fiscal year 2011, compared with 2.1 million Xbox 360 consoles during the first quarter of fiscal year 2010. Halo Reach launched in September 2010 generating approximately $350 million of revenue during the quarter.
    http://www.marke****ch.com/story/10-...orp-2010-10-28

    I have no clue why the link is blocked out.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-28-2010 at 23:39.


  13. #13
    Forum Sage
    Agriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,377
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    13,987 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I thought it was 2.9 million units?

    Anyway, I think this brings them up to 1.5m+1.5m+2.9=5.9m for the year so far.
    This is a new fiscal for MS, or are you talking actually year, if so how are you calculating that ? Starting with Q2 Q3?


  14. #14
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,546
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    16,482 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    This is a new fiscal for MS, or are you talking actually year, if so how are you calculating that ? Starting with Q2 Q3?
    For the actual year.
    Code:
    Hardware Sales   Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr    Ap-Jn     FY       LTD
    
    FY 2005/06        -        1.5      1.7      1.8      5.0      5.0
    
    FY 2006/07        1.0      4.4      0.5      0.7      6.6      11.6    
    
    FY 2007/08        1.8      4.3      1.3      1.3      8.7      20.3    
    
    FY 2008/09        2.2      6.0      1.7      1.2      11.1     31.4     
    
    FY 2009/10        2.1      5.2      1.5      1.5      10.3     41.7
    
    FY 2010/11        2.8       -        -        -       2.8      44.5
    Gaf

    What are you guys predictions for the FY? I'll stick to 12m.

    Edit: WW = 5,800,000
    Jan - Sept(NPD + Media Create) = 3,381,075
    Jan - Sept(Rest of the world) = 2,418,925
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-28-2010 at 23:49.


  15. #15
    Master Guru
    skulpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,886
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    7,715 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    For the actual year.
    Code:
    Hardware Sales   Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr    Ap-Jn     FY       LTD
    
    FY 2005/06        -        1.5      1.7      1.8      5.0      5.0
    
    FY 2006/07        1.0      4.4      0.5      0.7      6.6      11.6    
    
    FY 2007/08        1.8      4.3      1.3      1.3      8.7      20.3    
    
    FY 2008/09        2.2      6.0      1.7      1.2      11.1     31.4     
    
    FY 2009/10        2.1      5.2      1.5      1.5      10.3     41.7
    
    FY 2010/11        2.8       -        -        -       2.8      44.5
    Gaf

    What are you guys predictions for the FY? I'll stick to 12m.

    Edit: WW = 5,800,000
    Jan - Sept(NPD + Media Create) = 3,381,075
    Jan - Sept(Rest of the world) = 2,418,925
    I still say 11M for the year. They haven't been talking as much smack in Europe with their numbers, and Japan is Japan. I might be totally off though.

  16. #16
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,869
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    167,959 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agriel View Post
    This is a new fiscal for MS, or are you talking actually year, if so how are you calculating that ? Starting with Q2 Q3?
    Yeah just Jan-Spt, not fiscal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    For the actual year.
    Code:
    Hardware Sales   Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr    Ap-Jn     FY       LTD
    
    FY 2005/06        -        1.5      1.7      1.8      5.0      5.0
    
    FY 2006/07        1.0      4.4      0.5      0.7      6.6      11.6    
    
    FY 2007/08        1.8      4.3      1.3      1.3      8.7      20.3    
    
    FY 2008/09        2.2      6.0      1.7      1.2      11.1     31.4     
    
    FY 2009/10        2.1      5.2      1.5      1.5      10.3     41.7
    
    FY 2010/11        2.8       -        -        -       2.8      44.5
    Gaf

    What are you guys predictions for the FY? I'll stick to 12m.

    Edit: WW = 5,800,000
    Jan - Sept(NPD + Media Create) = 3,381,075
    Jan - Sept(Rest of the world) = 2,418,925


    Hmm, good start, but who knows, up 38% form latsr year, if that continued across th enext 9 months they would hit above 14 million, but I really cant see that happening.
    12 million is doable, very doable if they hit 6.5 for Xmas. I have no doubts this will be their best Xmas.

    That would mean only 1.3 mill each 1/4 after.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-29-2010 at 01:27.

  17. #17
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,047
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    62,725 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wow...it shouldn't be long before they hit 50 million.id say that that is pretty good considering what they sold last gen.

  18. #18
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,505
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    13,024 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    360 sales talk is unbanned? let see if people can keep it that way
    But I guess it'll be banned again if sales decline again... Bad news is forbidden!

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  19. #19
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,546
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    16,482 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by skulpt View Post
    I still say 11M for the year. They haven't been talking as much smack in Europe with their numbers, and Japan is Japan. I might be totally off though.
    It's going to be interesting to see how kinect effects the sales of the 360.


  20. #20
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,869
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    167,959 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how kinect effects the sales of the 360.
    Oi, get off topic, what are you trying to do?



    Yeah, I mean a good holiday would bring them somehwere 5.5 to 6 million, Kinnect might push them past that.

    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    360 sales talk is unbanned? let see if people can keep it that way
    But I guess it'll be banned again if sales decline again... Bad news is forbidden!
    Are you talking about their meager 800k decline last year? Despite making record profits? Hardly earth shattering bad news.
    Last edited by mynd; 10-29-2010 at 06:17.

  21. #21
    Forum Sage
    Dasimpse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Huddersfield, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,566
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    6,997 (0 Banked)
    I think if kinect works for ms the 360 sales will catapult far beyond what we would expect
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

  22. #22
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    what do you seen in terms of sales next year for MS. I mean their are awsome games out right now and the sale prove they are great sellers. But next year when all the dust settles from this year. How will MS make the second year greater
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  23. #23
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    what do you seen in terms of sales next year for MS. I mean their are awsome games out right now and the sale prove they are great sellers. But next year when all the dust settles from this year. How will MS make the second year greater
    Duh, they will keep releasing games.




  24. #24
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    dude we are ment to keep it civil in here. I am going to pass your post and say, i was just throwing a question out their and see who would catch it with out having a pop. Yes releasing games will keep the sales up. But what games will do that
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  25. #25
    Forum Sage
    Galvanise_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,084
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    185 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationVitaPS3 Slim
    Decent sales for the year so far.

    Kinect is going to do gangbusters so the next announcement of quarterly earnings should be a good read.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.