Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast

Thread: VB Bug Thread

Undercover Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    You should remove them then.

If we dont have them, then I guess nobody has too. When the regular memebers have them, then we could ALL have them.
    Trinity calm down its only for a couple of days, and its only Sigs and avis. No big deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Lp Chris XII View Post
    You should be ashamed of yourself for jumping to conclusions. We did NOT add these ourselves. We had our signatures and avatars working on the test forum and for some reason the SMC did not. I guess when the Admins switched everything over, they kept the same settings, which is why we have our signatures and nobody else does.
    Not Completely True, When i found your secrest boards, *snickers* my sig was working, but i wasnt an SMC so yea!

P.S I love the Multiquote function, SOO much better!!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Ok here are some things that need to be taken care of:

1. Where are our old Private Messages from the old forum?
    2. A good spellchecker that you don't have to download.
    3. My star's is one short from where it was on the old forum.
    4. Posts per day (Fedos said that already)
    5. The exact time and date is not on "newish" posts.

Hope we can fix these.

Forum Sage

I think the old private messages have been deleted a while ago actually.

lol, look at the location where I live. I live in Rotterda m , and the system thinks d am is a bad word :P

EDIT: I found somethnig else, if you look at the forums topics right now. Look at the GTA topic, if you go to the last page. It says something like page 480! THe default posts per page a less then we are used to on the other forums. You can easily change this, but it would be kool to know that we were used to 30 posts per page...
    Maybe the default can be set back to 30 posts per page...

Peaceful Warrior
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike
    5. The exact time and date is not on "newish" posts.
    It goes by the seconds, minutes, and hours, and eventually turns into the date just like the "oldish" posts. How is that an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Keesie
    You can easily change this, but it would be kool to know that we were used to 30 posts per page...
    Maybe the default can be set back to 30 posts per page...
    You can just change it to 30 posts per page in your settings. I'm sure the Admins can make it higher by default if they feel it is necessary. Ten posts per page is not enough, I agree with you.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Master Guru
    Why are the mods the only ones with real signatures and avtars? hwo do you do it? or do we have to wait?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peaceful Warrior
    You just have to wait a few days (maybe even less).
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Sage

And I hope they get ridd of that you can only edit your posts once...
    Have patience!
    Look at Join Date: It says Tue Nov 2003, for instance it doesn't say the exact date. Just reporting.

Veteran
    Lol, it says Tuesday but not the day of the month.

And an Admin needs to give PBM administrator privaliges since PBM is experienced with vB. He'll be able to fix it in a jif.

You need to enable the phpBB codes. Need to edit the curse filter. Crazy... Hopefully we'll be back on track by next week.
    "This life is not real. I conquered the world and it did not bring me satisfaction." -Muhammad Ali

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by Keesie View Post
    I think the old private messages have been deleted a while ago actually.
    Why would they be deleted? Everything moves over to VB I last heard except avatars. I sure hope they were not deleted. That would be a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    It goes by the seconds, minutes, and hours, and eventually turns into the date just like the "oldish" posts. How is that an issue?
    What I mean is that I don't like it how the exact date doesn't show on new posts. Sometimes it does (if you reply to a thread and view the messages that way, it shows both) but when viewing the posts, you can't.

Peaceful Warrior
    It can be changed in the settings, if I remember correctly. vB is very customizable.

Forum Sage

ey, I don't get how to put my birthday in the calendar...I had to post it here since I can't double post in the question topic and I can't edit my post there...
    I know how to put a normal day in the calendar, but I don't get that birthday thing...

thanks

EDIT: I have asked the same question in the question thread now, I couldn't post the question because I already posted and couldn't edit my post so I had to wait until someone else posted.

Apprentice
    I noticed that the language filter is now able to filter parts of words. I like the idea, as it allows for filtering all of the strange variations people have for swear words. However, the way it is implemented is far to primitive for this feature. This feature does not allow normal words to p***. <- case in point. This feature would need to check words against a dictionary to avoid filtering normal words. I do not know much about PHP, but this would be relatively simple in the languages I have used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    It can be changed in the settings, if I remember correctly. vB is very customizable.
    I don't think so PBM. If you can say exactly how that would be a great help. I looked at everything for the date system on all posts and nothing.

Super Elite
    Yea all the PMs i had saved are gone.

http://profile.xfire.com/ssj12
    PSN: Schnacky
    Join a real clan: http://thebladeclan.com
    http://VGChartz.com the most accurate source for world wide sales tracking.

Forum Sage

Morpheus has just said the PM will be imported from the old forums. So nothing to worry about!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedos View Post
    I would just like to know if our posts-per-day will be shown, because I haven't seen that feature on any of the VB boards that I have been on, (though admittedly I've only visited about four VB Boards).
    Yes we will add this soon.

No, only the default vBulletin smilies are there. All of the old ones still need to be installed again.
    I have added the PHPBB Smilies.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    how do you post smiles? :s

anyways there are pink lines in the avatar area if you look closely :/

Veteran
    I have imported the polls.

Forum Sage

I have no idea. I have never known the signs for it.

Btw, on the old forum we had:

the circled things also under the posts, it would be kool if it returns. I know: I am so lazy! But I just miss it, what do you think?

Forum Elder
    Morpheus, you while you take your time to clean the curse filter, i think that you should disable it in the meantime. It is screwing even thread titles, and its very annoying.

Also you should activate the option of using avatars and images to normal users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Studios come and go, but good games last forever"

Forum Sage
    I'll post here the most urgent issues I've found:

* The number of characters per post is limited to 10,000. There are Official Stickies that are constantly updated. For example, the Gears of War thread contains 16,000 characters, and I can't update it anymore. I suggest it to be set to 100,000 to make a safe range.

* The limit of images per post is also very, very limited. It only allows 10 screens per post. It raises the same problems as the character limits but even more often. (Screen releases for example)

* BBCodes for Old smileys shoudl be added, such as . There's an option somehwere in the Admin CP for this.

* Most users ever online record has been replaced with the new forums.

* I have also noticed that there's a time limit for editing. It will lead to double posting if the time expires. I suggest this to be disabled.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Forum Sage
    I've also noticed that users can't delete their own posts.

In the old forum, we were able to delete our posts if they haven't been replied. It was very useful when you made a mistake by posting in the wrong section or make a new thread an afterwards notice that it has already been posted (it happens often, even when you search). It saved some work to the mods.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Apprentice
    I got my signature set up again, but I wanted to ask about the conflicting rules. The offical rules still say 480x80 28K, but the signature rules that the board is set to inforce are 500x100 19.5K. I resized my sig to fit these rules but if the old ones are still enforced, mine will again be too large.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    I'll post here the most urgent issues I've found:

* The number of characters per post is limited to 10,000. There are Official Stickies that are constantly updated. For example, the Gears of War thread contains 16,000 characters, and I can't update it anymore. I suggest it to be set to 100,000 to make a safe range.

* The limit of images per post is also very, very limited. It only allows 10 screens per post. It raises the same problems as the character limits but even more often. (Screen releases for example)

* BBCodes for Old smileys shoudl be added, such as . There's an option somehwere in the Admin CP for this.

* Most users ever online record has been replaced with the new forums.

* I have also noticed that there's a time limit for editing. It will lead to double posting if the time expires. I suggest this to be disabled.
    > Character length set to 100,000
    > Max images per post changed to 100
    > I'll look into the BB Code Arrow issue.
    > Not sure if we can get this back unfortunately. Although I'm sure we will beat it fairly soon. TGS, Nov 17th, E3 07
    > Time Limits for editing extended significantly

Forum Sage

Thanks Morpheus, you have been doing a lot! Thanks again for the new forum on vBulletin!
    If I find anymore bugs I will report them!

Thread Information