Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Oh well. People from Gamefaqs jumped on the server and wrecked the place anyways.

I've been using the Okami Texture Pack recently. Very beautiful texture pack. But if you're more into serious themed textures you should check out Brown and Bloom. As far as texture packs are concerned the best place is simply the Mapping and Modding section of the official forums. http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewforum.php?f=25
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    How do you get texture packs to work? I tried, followed everything.. and boom - black screen upon loading my world x.x

Un-did the pack and it worked fine. :/

I'd of joined, if I knew about it. ATM, im just going around trying peoples worlds I found through google.. looking at ideas to improve my places (ya, im pathetic :P)

:EDIT: Found a neat idea, have lava on the floor, then have glass on it so you can walk on it. Gonna try and replicate that - lol
    Last edited by Fenix; 11-29-2010 at 01:53.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Christmas Thief
    Whoa those look sweet. Good lookin out. I can't believe I never though to check out the minecraft.net forums lol

Friendship is Carrots
    Thanks for the Rep, Grinchy. I'd also recommend the John Smith texture pack. Just Google it and Minecraft and you should find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    How do you get texture packs to work? I tried, followed everything.. and boom - black screen upon loading my world x.x

Un-did the pack and it worked fine. :/

I'd of joined, if I knew about it. ATM, im just going around trying peoples worlds I found through google.. looking at ideas to improve my places (ya, im pathetic :P)
    Did you use Xau's Patcher to fix it? http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=25&t=46173

It's easier than it looks. Download any texture pack above 16x16 resolutions as a .Zip file. Select is using the Xau Patcher then hit patch. Let it all load up and it should function correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    :EDIT: Found a neat idea, have lava on the floor, then have glass on it so you can walk on it. Gonna try and replicate that - lol
    That's what some people do for fancy lighting. Have a glass perimeter inside of a room and put lava below it.

Speaking of lava, I had a pool of lava below my swimming pool once. Glass separated the two liquids and it looked pretty awesome.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Christmas Thief
    I had some problems with minecraft crashing from what I assume was the okami pack but I'm not positive. I put it back on the regular pack but I will definitely check out that John Smith one.

I took a couple pics inside my place. Here is my work area:

And just inside the hall on the left side:

Friendship is Carrots
    Those are awesome pictures. I may actually model my next home out of a similar style.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Christmas Thief
    Thanks! You should post some pics. I might grab some of my first world, which feels embarrassing now haha

I also really like the glass in the painterly pack

Friendship is Carrots
    Over a dozen images. (also shows off the Okami texture pack)

Edit: Bleh! Imageshack put them as thumbnails. Sorry.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 11-29-2010 at 06:08.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Christmas Thief
    Wow this is crazy...

That okami pack is awesome.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    So, since this is the only minecraft thread on PSU, i'll post this here. I need some suggestions.

I began work on a new castle (on a new world, thats right next to my spawn - SCORE! Finally agood mountain near my spawn. lol) and I made four sets of stairs leading away from it. One room is going to be for my "Castle mine" (and at present my small house, as the castle hasnt been touched - working outside first.. not sure what im gonna do inside 100% yet lol) but anyways, I need suggestions on what to use the other three not built rooms/whatever yet (I already got the stairs built and the path to it built.. just need ideas for the three rooms/whatever they will lead too. Was maybe thinking of using one for some kind of cart system, and maybe the third to store my obsidian portal.. if I get one.

So, fellow builders, give me suggestions on what to use these rooms/stairs for. If you dont mind, of course.

Not getting my hopes up that this will look decent when done, but eh.. its fun building stuff even if they look like ****.

BTW, Rapture.. that pool thing sounds awesome (lava at the bottom of the pool)

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4

PSN

Friendship is Carrots
    Since I don't know the full design of your structure yet, I'm making stretched recommendations. One way could lead to a watch tower/armory (chest filled with TNT, bows, arrows, swords, etc), the other could be an underground farm, and the last a massive storage room if you're planning to dig a lot. Those are some general ideas. You could always make one a Portal room too.

Edit: A new update is on the way from Notch. Fixes a lot of bugs in Multiplayer. http://notch.tumblr.com/
    Last edited by Nerevar; 11-29-2010 at 18:38.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Picture 4:

I got a heavily compressed, four minute video (http://youtu.be/luXKzF2IWXg) as well. Little tour. Didnt mean to compress it so damn much. (3 Gb file, compressed to 50 MB.. lol) But I wanted to test fraps and windows movie maker. Yes I made it using peaceful difficulty, i'd of hated to die making a video/taking pictures. Lol.

And thats my pile of ****, thus far. Going to reduce the castle wall size (Big thing in the middle) May even add an outter wall, with towers, about 4 block distance away form the "four rooms". But we'll see. Right now im going to trim it down a bit. Make it about 7 blocks high, 9 if you count the moat. May even try and make the bottom of the moat glass and torches so it "glows".

--
    Does this help with knowing the design of my place?
    Last edited by Fenix; 11-30-2010 at 00:42.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4

PSN

Friendship is Carrots
    Glass garden in the third picture looks good. Make the last four doors a mine, storage, portal, and... I'm not sure about a fourth area. lol. Maybe a test room where you can throw TNT or figure out redstone?

As for my world, I haven't done much but here it is.

Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Master Guru
    I have yet too see a point too this game I play the Alpha version but my lod do I love playing it
    Like all I do is just make my little house almost and go mining crzy in it haha but that pic was super impressive I want one of them
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Friendship is Carrots
    Beta is on the way soon, so if anyone has an interest in the game it would be wise to buy it now.

http://notch.tumblr.com/

Can't wait for the Beta. Notch once stated roughly 40% of the total resources Minecraft uses can be cut or reduced.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Christmas Thief
    The biomes are pretty sweet. I just found this random area while I was exploring away from my spawn point.

Friendship is Carrots
    Nice. I found a large forest in my recent world too, but lava was leaking out of a mountain and burned up an entire ecosystem. But that's fine, it lights up the entire area and helps keep enemies away.

Also, have you ever thought about using a mod that alters the map generation? There are several kinds, but with some you can get really awesome and strange worlds. Here's an example of one. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/images/0/05/Deep.png
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Friendship is Carrots
    Mods, it's not my intention to double post, but if I simply edited it into my above post no one would see it.

Anyways, I just started a new world (ended up TNTing my last) and I started off in what I consider to be one of the best starting areas ever. It has a fantastic view.

Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Mods, it's not my intention to double post, but if I simply edited it into my above post no one would see it.

Anyways, I just started a new world (ended up TNTing my last) and I started off in what I consider to be one of the best starting areas ever. It has a fantastic view.

Dont gotta go long for much of anything. Lucky!

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4

PSN

Master Guru
    [QUOTE=Rapture;5307887]Mods, it's not my intention to double post, but if I simply edited it into my above post no one would see it.

Nice! I got an amazing world as well. Huge towering mountains everywhere, arches. Looks like we got a great starts.

Man, this game is addicting. I was freaking thinking about where I want to go next last night in bed. I mean I really got to get a life. LOL

Friendship is Carrots
    More often than not I find myself planning houses and castles in the back of my mind. lol

The game is far too additive, and it's scary that the developer is still adding stuff. (Hell, it's not even in beta yet)
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Apprentice
    I feel like im the odd one out. But I'm gonna put this out there anyway, I promise it's not a troll :P

I hate this piece of ****. It's absolutely boring.. I can't possibly think of anything MORE boring than perhaps a fishing game or something. Not to mention it looks like a gameboy color(3d) game :P I really dont see the appeal.

I played for about 2 hours, indeed I only scratched the surface but I seriously do NOT get the rave it gets. Some people are literally hooked. Really isnt for me - just feels like a major grindfest and more like a chore than a gameplay experience.

Christmas Thief
    ^

I don't think you're trolling because you feel that way. Not every game is made for everyone, and this game is definitely not for everyone. And wow Rapture, that's a crazy spawn point. That is going to be an awesome world.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    I feel like im the odd one out. But I'm gonna put this out there anyway, I promise it's not a troll :P

I hate this piece of ****. It's absolutely boring.. I can't possibly think of anything MORE boring than perhaps a fishing game or something. Not to mention it looks like a gameboy color(3d) game :P I really dont see the appeal.

I played for about 2 hours, indeed I only scratched the surface but I seriously do NOT get the rave it gets. Some people are literally hooked. Really isnt for me - just feels like a major grindfest and more like a chore than a gameplay experience.
    It's a repetitive experience, and that nature simply isn't for everyone. You need to set your own goals and boundaries to make it fun, and not all gamers may like that. Compeltely understandable.

That said, I implore you to wait a few months, let some extra features get added, and try it again. Up the difficulty and keep loading/deleting worlds until you get an awesome starting location, then dig in. Give yourself some goals too.l Say "I want to clear that hill, or search for gold, or climb that mountain, or build a fortress." You may enjoy yourself given a second chance, and if not, give multiplayer a try. MP roleplay servers rock.

Although, were you playing creative or Alpha? Because Alpha is waaaay better than creative.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 12-11-2010 at 07:16.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It's a repetitive experience, and that nature simply isn't for everyone. You need to set your own goals and boundaries to make it fun, and not all gamers may like that. Compeltely understandable.

That said, I implore you to wait a few months, let some extra features get added, and try it again. Up the difficulty and keep loading/deleting worlds until you get an awesome starting location, then dig in. Give yourself some goals too.l Say "I want to clear that hill, or search for gold, or climb that mountain, or build a fortress." You may enjoy yourself given a second chance, and if not, give multiplayer a try. MP roleplay servers rock.

Although, were you playing creative or Alpha? Because Alpha is waaaay better than creative.
    Agreed.

Though I find MP a pain, majority of the servers are already so developed.. you dont know what you can and cant do.

AND, I will add - Dont try to level a mountain, or fill one up. I had to fill an area between two mountains and ugh... that was well over a days worth of work. i eventually said **** it, got a program.. and editted my map. 7 hours in and I didnt even scratch a freaking dent into the pyramid-ness/stairs/leveling/whatever you wanna call it

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4

PSN

Thread Information