Latest PSU headlines:

Disc stuck in PS3 and now wont turn on?

Hi my PS3 has been working fine for months now but recently when i have gone to eject LittleBigPlanet out of the machine it seemed to be stuck and wouldn't come out. I tried many times to eject it and now when i try to turn the PS3 on it flashes green for a second then switches back off. I was wondering whether this was just a disk drive error or something similar to the YLOD? I would be grateful if anyone could help if they have had the same problem or know what is wrong? Cheers

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Does the light keep flashing red? If so, then you have the ylod.

Just held the eject button while switching it on to remove the disk and it came out and did the fan test, then the red light started flashing :/

YLOD?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yep, YLOD.

There are videos on youtube showing how to fix it. It's a pretty easy fix.

Sorry to hijack but I cannot make a new thread, and this title seemed the most relevant.

Hi,

This is my problem.
    After Installing Grand Turismo 5, after a period of playing time (completing novice in A SPEC) GT will suddenly freeze. This has usually happened initially when saving, and then from there quite randomly and quickly (Lucky to get one race complete, or even get past the first few menus. Typically the sound will stop and then it will freeze.

I re-installed the game over the top, didnt fix it, I delete the game data, this did not work either. It was stuck on "counting" forever and then I am a forced to turn of the system manually.

When I reboot the game data for GT is "Corrupted".

I then chose to format my PS3 and start again. This GT worked for quite a while but the same problem has just happened.

I have tried a combination of 1.00, 1.02, disabling internet connection etc to no fix.
    Does this sound like my hard drive is failing?
    I put in a 500gig one a little while back that I bought online. I am tempted to put my old 60gig hard drive back in.
    The PS3 is quite old (one of the originals).

I really want to play GT and this is making me sad any help would be appreciated.
    Could it be that I have faulty GT disc? Or is it more likely my hard drive? Or something else?

Thread Information