Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 83 111 ... LastLast
    Indoril Nerevar
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

The Official Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread

Publisher:
    Bethesda Softworks
    Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
    Release Date: November 11th, 2011 (11.11.11)
    Platform: PC, Playstation 3, and XBox 360
    Genre: Action-RPG
    ESRB: M-Rating
    Singleplayer: One-Player Only
    Multiplayer: None
    Official Site:
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/

~OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN~
    ~GAME MAP~
    ~BOXART~

Announcement Trailer - Gametrailers - High Definition
    Announcement Trailer - Youtube - Standard Definition

First Gameplay Trailer - Gametrailers - High Definition
    First Gameplay Trailer - Youtube - Standard Definition
    First Gameplay Trailer - Download - High Definition

E3 2011
    Gameplay Walkthrough - Gametrailers - High Definition
    Comprehensive Interview - Gametrailers - High Defintion

-WALLPAPERS-

-SCREENSHOTS-

-GIFS-

The High King of Skyrim has been murdered, triggering a civil war among the province's people, the Nords. Many Nords wish to secede from the empire, which has been declining in power since the fall of the Septim Dynasty 200 years earlier, while others believe the empire is still worth preserving. A prophecy foretold by the Elder Scrolls is fully realized by this last event; dragons have returned to the land, and the Nordic god Alduin rises to consume the world. The player character is the last of the "Dovahkiin" (or "dragonborn"), mortals who are born with the soul of a dragon and can speak their language. It is your destiny to slay the flying beasts and save the world from the evil god Alduin. The question is: Will you follow you destiny, or play the role of another?

The Technology Behind The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Skyrim: Building Better Combat
    Skyrim Will Be Utilizing a New Engine
    The Sounds of Skyrim
    Inside Skyrim's Menu System Overhaul
    Alduin's Wall
    GamesRadar Preview - Abandon All Hope
    Todd Howard Skyrim Interview By AusGamers

-Outdated Scans-

Last edited by Rapture; 11-11-2011 at 18:35.

Elite Member
    fallout 3 even though not related but shares many gameplay similarities was better in my opinion but i can't wait for skyrim. i hope they fix the flaws oblivion had.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    JUST watched this!!
    11.11.11, got a fair bit of time to wait, but at least there is a date!!! OMG tooo excited!

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Cool.
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 02-14-2011 at 02:22.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Indoril Nerevar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeininja69 View Post
    fallout 3 even though not related but shares many gameplay similarities was better in my opinion but i can't wait for skyrim. i hope they fix the flaws oblivion had.
    1. Optimize and better the engine.
    2. Make it more hardcore like Morrowind
    2. ????
    4. PROFIT

I really hope Nerevar is in this one. During this time he is stationed in Skyrim attempting to prevent a civil war.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It is time to replay Oblivion.
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Elite Guru
    New engine is essential in my opinion.

Indoril Nerevar
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    No offense, but the whole "new engine plox" is really annoying. What exactly is so terrible about this engine? Both Morrowind and Oblivion debuted with this engine and for their time were top of the line games on a technical level. Both huge, open world, detailed games full of individual NPCs and items. It keeps track of everything going on, even in areas you are not present (a thief can get killed off in a town on the opposite end of the map), and the engine is very open to mods and plugins. I honestly don't get it.
    Last edited by Rapture; 12-12-2010 at 03:18.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    oh that kills me. Elder Scrolls V is out less than 2 weeks after Uncharted 3. all i can say is that for once, theres a lot of stuff coming out that im really excited for. usually new announcements dont really get me all that amped up, but resistance 3, portal 2, Uncharted 3, Elder Scrolls 5, Homefront (i think that ones 2011), Mass Effect 2 ps3, phew. im gonna need to have special gaming gloves made so i keep the blisters down.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a ****load of bubble gum"

Dedicated Member
    Blessings of Akatosh upon ye, Bethesda!!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    oh that kills me. Elder Scrolls V is out less than 2 weeks after Uncharted 3. all i can say is that for once, theres a lot of stuff coming out that im really excited for. usually new announcements dont really get me all that amped up, but resistance 3, portal 2, Uncharted 3, Elder Scrolls 5, Homefront (i think that ones 2011), Mass Effect 2 ps3, phew. im gonna need to have special gaming gloves made so i keep the blisters down.
    Yeah 2011 will probably be the biggest year of this generation.

yay, next gen!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    OMG OMG OMG

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vg...-game-2/708369

A sequel to what I consider to be one of the best games of all time is finally on the way.
    This.^^ Yeah I'm very happy about this announcement.

Veteran
    I just came back from shopping cause I'm flying back home to South Africa tomorrow so i'll most likely miss the Jimmy Fallon Uncharted 3 gameplay demo but this announcement has me stumped.
    Uncharted 3's trailer had me in a fit of pure joy and now this dropping in the same month of November 2011. And now i see Mass Effect 3 popped up also.
    I need to go take a lie down somewhere. Preferably in a cold, dark corner far away from this laptop.
    http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/I_C_PEE.png

Elite Member
    get rid of Oblivion's POS leveling system and it will be awesome

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I'm interested, but Bethesda's engine, or at least their formula, needs to be updated and revamped. After putting 150 hours into Oblivion, I was bored of Fallout 3 after five minutes since it felt like exactly the same game.
    Last edited by Ixion; 12-12-2010 at 05:36.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Can't wait for this! Finished 100% of Oblivion achievements (main quest and all guilds).. I probably can't do that with this game considering I don't have as much time as I used to but I will try.

Apprentice

I was thinking slightly less glitches. I'm not saying the last game was unplayable, I just prefer less problems with my games.

Indoril Nerevar
    One more post before I go to bed.

Firstly, I said the next ES game was probably going to be set in Skyrim, and I was right. Boo-yah! Secondly, I was going over the trailer a eocnd time and ntocied soem stuff.

In the trailer, the the narrator states “The sons of Skyrim will spill their own blood," and it shows soldiers killing each other. It’s obviously referring to the civil war that Nerevar went to stop. The narrator goes on and makes it seem like the dragons will appear during this civil war. If that’s the case, the ES5 will take place while Nerevar is in the province, and there’s no way Betehsda won’t throw him in there in some way.

Also, the narrator refers to the soldier, who the dragons fear, as Novak’leen Dragon Born. I have no clue as to who this guy is. lol

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    No offense, but the whole "new engine plox" is really annoying. What exactly is so terrible about this engine? Both Morrowind and Oblivion debuted with this engine and for their time were top of the line games on a technical level. Both huge, open world, detailed games full of individual NPCs and items. It keeps track of everything going on, even in areas you are not present (a thief can get killed off in a town on the opposite end of the map), and the engine is very open to mods and plugins. I honestly don't get it.
    My main issues:

• Amount of bugs.
    • Quality of animations.
    • Quality of graphics (At this point in the generation, it's looking really dated)
    • Immersion breaking limitations (What's with everything freezing when you're in chat? Other games seem to be able to stop everything else in the world going on pause...)

The phrase in your post 'for their time' really says it all. That time has passed. Even despite what I've mentioned above, I still enjoy their games for the best part. But. It's time they brought their engine into 2010 and got these basic things right. If they overhaul the current engine and make it into something fantastic, great. Otherwise, as you put it 'New engine plox'.

Oh, and whilst the engine is open to mods and plugins; so is pretty much every other major engine out there. But that doesn't matter on console as very few games like to let their players add modifications and plugins.
    Last edited by *goo; 12-12-2010 at 09:41. Reason: Typo.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    How about you fix that thread title?

Elite Sage
    I just really hope it won't be using Gamebryo again. That engine is just horrible.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Dedicated Member

Can't wait for this. I hope it's more like Morrowind though (not holding your hand as much).

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkgoblue View Post
    get rid of Oblivion's POS leveling system and it will be awesome
    ^^ This
    Diablo 3 - DOTA 2 - Deus EX 3 - Half Life: Episode 3

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    For me, this was the best part of the show. I'm more hyped for this than Uncharted 3.

yay, next gen!

Indoril Nerevar
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    My main issues:

• Amount of bugs.
    • Quality of animations.
    • Quality of graphics (At this point in the generation, it's looking really dated)
    • Immersion breaking limitations (What's with everything freezing when you're in chat? Other games seem to be able to stop everything else in the world going on pause...)

The phrase in your post 'for their time' really says it all. That time has passed. Even despite what I've mentioned above, I still enjoy their games for the best part. But. It's time they brought their engine into 2010 and got these basic things right. If they overhaul the current engine and make it into something fantastic, great. Otherwise, as you put it 'New engine plox'.
    How utterly redundant. Bugs are to be expected in a game this size, and is not a sole result of the Gamebyo engine. Animations can always be bettered. Oblivion had some of the best graphics around during and after it's release. Freezing when talking? Like, what, every 200 times you talk to someone it may freeze for a second to load up the dialogue? Does it really kill you that much?

You're basically saying, "Oblivion appears poor in comparison to more modern games." And then go on to imply TE5 will be the exact same engine and have the exact same problems as Oblivion, despite Todd Howard saying that the engine they're using is massively updated over the Fallout 3 engine.

It's like people expect Bethesda's Gamebryo engine to somehow be perfect.

Thread Information