Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    Unless I hear it is much different and improved over Oblivion ( its popularity baffles me), do not want.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Fallout 3 had massive improvements over Oblivion, if TESV is only matching Fallout 3 then I'm happy. (I'm happy anyway I went all tingly when I saw the announcement). WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Dedicated Member

I'm quite sure the engine will be polished up to the current level of technology. When I first played the original, I was blown away at the scope of the world they created. The Story and characters were very cool (Even for those not familiar with the Elder scrolls universe). Many of the people I work with who had a PS3 at the time were all playing that game and talking about what things they did and what guilds they were leveling up in etc, etc. It was a loooong game too! I eventually closed all the gates and destroyed Mehrunes Dagon at the end though, Had that huge house with furniture and everything, and the Dragon Armor too! Man, I will say this though, some of the very busy battles were almost unplayable/unwinnable as there was just too much happaning on the screen and it started to stutter and slowdown sooo badly. But otherwise it was awesome. As someone else stated before, I don't know if I'll have the time available to go through Skyrim like I did with ES4, but I'll have fun trying, oh and don't forget that huge guidebook I'll have no choice but to buy alongside it!!

Elite Member
    *marks calendar*

I am sooooooooo freaking excited!
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    New console is essential in my opinion.
    Fixed.

Dedicated Member
    It's gonna be on bethesda's new engine. I heard that they've been working on a new engine as long as ES V. So, no worries

Super Elite
    Do I live in a nice house with my GF or in my Moms basement? You decide!!
    I put over 100 hours in Oblivion, it's definitely in my top 3 favorite games of all time, and I can't wait for this one. I'm not sure what I would've liked more tough, a TES IV sequel or a brand new TES.. Either way, it's gonna be great and 2011 is going to be a fantastic -PS3- year.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Okay, now I'm waiting for Elder Scrolls V. This is GREAT news for me and for many!
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    For sure! This is great news to me as well. I think the thread title should be updated to reflect this fact.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Hmmm new engine. I hope that it works with current gen consoles because the 720 and/or PS4 wont be out this time next year and it'll totally rape my PC.
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Forum Elder
    I can not wait for a screenshot! I have faith in bethesda that this game will be as breathtaking as III snd IV when they were released. Need it yeasterday........
    .There will be Blood in the Water.

Indoril Nerevar
    Title and OP updated.

My faith in Bethesda was well placed.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Bit early but so was the U3 thread, so how about making this the official thread? Unless you're not feeling up to it Rapture, but you seem to be the biggest fan here.

yay, next gen!

Indoril Nerevar
    I just might do that.

Elite Member

Please Bethesda, Console enabled modding!

Quote Originally Posted by wufei View Post
    ... I like playing with myself!

Superior Member
    I hoped and thought it was time for a new engine so I am really pumped for this now.
    PSN ID: Bakous

Forum Elder
    Cant wait until ign do a rewind theatre. See if i missed anything in the teaser. Showed loads in drskes deception teaser........
    .There will be Blood in the Water.

I was always a HUGE fan of the Elder Scrolls Series and I honestly cannot wait for this game! The fact that their using a new engine is a winner for me and it really motivates me to get it on the first day!

The only thing I really hope is that they increase or keep the level cap the same as Oblivion and really improve the AI, even in FA3 or FANV you could simply stand on a rock and the AI wouldn't get you at all, unless like in FA3/NV they had a gun :/

Elite Guru

Oblivion started amazing but once you get further in and really dive into the main storyline the whole thing took a nosedive for me. Doing the exact same thing over and over and over again became annoying once your dealing with the oblivion gates. The immersion of the game was pretty fantastic, even though it was near impossible to be a good mage with the controller. Just too many options, you basically became a one hit wonder utilizing the same 4-5 spells over and over the whole game.

Most fun I had was being a Ranger. The bow was alot of fun, and changed the whole dynamic of the dungeons as you had to watch your distances and whatnot.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Elite Guru
    WTF a new ES, I missed this, but damn im happy. ES4 is probably one of the best games ive played, can`t wait for the sequel now.

"Its better to keep your mouth shut and let everybody think you are an idiot. Than it is to open it and remove all doubt!!"

Master Guru
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    I didn't look at the trailer. I'm currently playing through Oblivion for the first time (about a hundred hours in) and I don't want to be spoiled. I'm having a blast! This series is amazing. After I complete this I'm thinking about going back and playing Morrowind.

Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedos View Post
    I didn't look at the trailer. I'm currently playing through Oblivion for the first time (about a hundred hours in) and I don't want to be spoiled. I'm having a blast! This series is amazing. After I complete this I'm thinking about going back and playing Morrowind.
    You shouldve played it the other way around, many people find it hard to go from Oblivion to Morrowind.

yay, next gen!

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindSight View Post
    Unless I hear it is much different and improved over Oblivion ( its popularity baffles me), do not want.
    I'm in a very similiar boat lol, I was VERY surprised I enjoyed Fallout 3 over Oblivion, on paper Oblivion has everything I prefer and yet once in game... eh, Oblivion did come out early in the generation, it's world, although empty was large and I guess pretty so with the added experience TES 5 should well and truly fix the problems
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Master Guru
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    You shouldve played it the other way around, many people find it hard to go from Oblivion to Morrowind.
    Yeah. I heard like that you can't fast travel for one, so I imagine that that could put a damper on my enjoyment. But I have for the most part been able to enjoy the older JRPGs, games that I have missed, even from the 16 bit eras, so maybe it won't bother me overly.

Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

Thread Information