Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Finally You Are Free
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedos View Post
    I didn't look at the trailer. I'm currently playing through Oblivion for the first time (about a hundred hours in) and I don't want to be spoiled. I'm having a blast! This series is amazing. After I complete this I'm thinking about going back and playing Morrowind.
    Morrowind is more hardcore and functions a bit differently than Oblivion. It may not be as easy to get into.

Also, the trailer doesn't have any spoilers. It just mentions a new character and some beasts.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Yeah. I heard like that you can't fast travel for one, so I imagine that that could put a damper on my enjoyment. But I have for the most part been able to enjoy the older JRPGs, games that I have missed, even from the 16 bit eras, so maybe it won't bother me overly.
    The problems many people have are:

No fast travelling
    No speech (You have to read tons of paragraphs of text)
    If an enemy is chasing you, no one will help you, not even the guards
    When fighting, each time you swing your weapon it'll either hit or miss (like an old RPG, but when starting out you'll get a hit 1/10 times)

If you can get over those it'll be fine, I was playing through it myself and had to reinstall Windows and lost my save. I did find it tougher than Oblivion but it seemed great. If the rumours about Bethesda currently working on 2 games are true, and TESV is heavily linked with Morrowind, hopefully the other game is a Morrowind remake.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Sage
    Yeah. I heard like that you can't fast travel for one, so I imagine that that could put a damper on my enjoyment. But I have for the most part been able to enjoy the older JRPGs, games that I have missed, even from the 16 bit eras, so maybe it won't bother me overly.
    If i remember correctly, you can fast travel just not whenever you want.
    It's more like Red Dead where you have to go to certain areas for fast travel.
    Morrowind is heaps better than Oblivion IMO.

Dedicated Member
    To those still worried about ES V using the same engine, rest assured, its a whole new engine this time.

This news comes courtesy of a tweet from Bethesda's official Twitter account. Bethesda has used the Gamebryo engine for the last two Elder Scrolls games as well as Fallout 3, so many fans assumed they would continue with that engine for Skyrim. According to the developer, though, it has a brand new engine that is "spectacular."
    Source :http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ew-engine.aspx

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    My only concern with this is:

Its just a ton of mountains, and about half the size of Cyrodill. I hated the areas beyond Bruma personally so kinda hoping we can go to surrounding areas to some extent in this.

Master Guru
    I can't wait. Skyrim sounds like it will be amazing. I preferred Fallout 3's setting over Oblivion's but i'm still really looking forward to this game.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Now I'm excited for this game.

Super Elite

Im SOOO fking stoked for this game. I spent so much time with Oblivion. I prefer Oblivions setting to either Fallouts due to Elder Scrolls being so much more alive. More to do. God i cannOT wait for this game.
    -52"LCD 1080p 120hz Philips,
    -PC= MSI motherboard / AMD Athlon 64x2 Duel Core 5000+ 2.61 GHz / 3 gigs ram / NVIDI GeForce 9500GT / Light scribe DVD burner drive / 750GB 7200RPM HDD
    -Playstation3= 250 GIG
    Custom LED lit DuelShock3SixAxis and 3 SixAxis controller

Superior Member

I've never liked the Nords, but this looks awesome! They look much cooler in the trailer than in any of the past games and I like how the Dragons will be awakened instead of just statues or footnotes in various Lore books.

It sounded like Max Von Sydow narrating. The music was killer in the teaser!

I hope they eliminate level-scaling and bring back levitation and the ability to enter towns by flying over walls etc. instead of entering through the main gate.

2011 will finally bring back the hardcore gamer in me.

Deus Ex
    War in the North
    Diablo3
    Skyrim
    Last Gaurdian

Finally You Are Free
    Yeah, I'm loving the music in the trailer. It's like a strong mix of Morrowind and Viking music.

Forum Overseer
    You better be able to fly a dragon in this one.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    My only concern with this is:

Its just a ton of mountains, and about half the size of Cyrodill. I hated the areas beyond Bruma personally so kinda hoping we can go to surrounding areas to some extent in this.
    I'm not worried about any of those things at all. Yes, its the northernmost part of Tamriel so it has a lot of mountains. But there are also deep valleys and thick forests and rivers and lakes. Think of it as Cyrodil with more snow here and there. Who knows, with this new engine, they might be able to have dynamic weather systems where the snow falls and melts in 3-4 days and stuff like that making every place seem different every time you cross it. As for the map being smaller than Cyrodil, its not a big concern because a lot of the map of Cyrodil is simply woods and trodable land and I doubt people will notice the absence of a few acres of wild space.
    Plus, High Rock has a big history with Skyrim and I think that they might make it a part of the game too! How cool would that be?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    It would be awesome if they included High Rock.

Finally You Are Free
    Excuse my continued Morrowind fanboyism, but it would be cool if we could go back to Solesthiem. The Nords were the first to start populating it and it's about as close to Skyrim as it is it Morrowind.

Now, obviously, if I had to choose between something like that and a new location in a place like High Rock, I would pick a newer location. (I have to specify that or people will nitpick about my post)

Edit: It would be cool if we could see Bruma (Or maybe even the Imperial City if the draw distance is high enough!) off in the distance if we hugged in southern border in Skyirm.

Dedicated Member

im pretty excited for this but im just praying the don't have the same crap leveling system from oblivion (loved the game anyways btw). that and fix the magical guards who know exactly where you are and that you have done something wrong even if you kill someone in some secluded place or in complete silence. change those two things and im happy.

Superior Member
    Whoaaah. This is great news!

Cool with a new engine, I hope the game won't be as "stiff" as oblivion/FO3.
    Either way, I'm waiting.....

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
    im pretty excited for this but im just praying the don't have the same crap leveling system from oblivion (loved the game anyways btw). that and fix the magical guards who know exactly where you are and that you have done something wrong even if you kill someone in some secluded place or in complete silence. change those two things and im happy.
    What was so bad about Oblivion's leveling system? It was realistic. In Fallout, why should killing a Radroach automatically make you better at disarming bombs? Oblivion made it so that, just like in real life, you had to practice a skill to get better at it.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Superior Member
    I wish I had the time to play a game like this again. Oblivion was one of my all time favorites but it took me to long to get into the game figuring out where to go everytime I stopped playing it for a few days.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Super Elite

I enjoyed Oblivions leveling system alot. The ONLY thing they need to fix/modify is the aesthetics of the spells. All the fire, lightning, ice spells looked identicle. A simple fireball looked the same as a "super craptastic fire ball of magma magic" Which should have never happened ever in any game...ever. Also they should attempt to give dungeons a diff looks. Also TOWERS. I was sick of always going down in dungeons. We need forgotten Mages towers or Dragons mountainous caves and stuff.
    -52"LCD 1080p 120hz Philips,
    -PC= MSI motherboard / AMD Athlon 64x2 Duel Core 5000+ 2.61 GHz / 3 gigs ram / NVIDI GeForce 9500GT / Light scribe DVD burner drive / 750GB 7200RPM HDD
    -Playstation3= 250 GIG
    Custom LED lit DuelShock3SixAxis and 3 SixAxis controller

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Im not going to get my hopes up but I pray that this game has a lot more of what I liked about Morrowind and disliked in Oblivion.
    I don't know what it is but I couldn't put more than 20 hours into oblivion. It felt so lifeless and stagnant and yet Morrowind kept me going for Soooo long.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Hammerfell had over 15000 cities in ESII, so I guess they do not really go for continuity of scale in their games.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Last i knew they were planning/working on a TES mmorpg for 2013, *fallout 4 hitting in between the 2 TES games*, of course this is using an old list that leaked before even NV was announced *people called it fake, but it has got NV and TES5 correct so 2/4 isnt bad so far, so fallout 4 next year then tes mmorpg year after *if not cancelled

Thank you itachi

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    What was so bad about Oblivion's leveling system? It was realistic. In Fallout, why should killing a Radroach automatically make you better at disarming bombs? Oblivion made it so that, just like in real life, you had to practice a skill to get better at it.
    I think he means (Atleast it's why I hate the leveling) The actual LEVEL section of it, yes it's nice to get better by using skills but leveling up, level 1, level 2 etc was stupid and pointless, the scaling enemies were also pretty god damn stupid
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Finally You Are Free
    Level 1, 2, 3... are not pointless. But the leveling enemies are. That was the main negative thing about Oblivion for me.

Master Guru
    Items Final Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Yeah there is nothing wrong with the leveling system. The game can take hundreds of hours, you may as well have a leveling system that compliments that.

But I hope they improve the spell cycling system. Maybe allow you to cycle through multiple wheels of spells by clicking one of the shoulder buttons when you bring up the wheel.

Currently playing? Skyrim (360). White Knight Chronicles (PS3). Majoras Mask (Wii). Final Fanasy VII (PS2). Just completed? Final Fantasy VI.

Thread Information