Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 586878 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2075
    Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Be cool to see Morrowind again. I only just worked out its been destroyed. Read the book to where the House Telvanni wizards got destroyed by an Argonian uprising.
    It's so engrossing if you've played the other games and can relate to the places.

Elite Guru
    Small update for Skyrim 1.4 patch

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/201...rim-1-4-patch/

With Patch 1.3 for Skyrim almost two weeks old now we thought it was about time that we saw how Bethesda were progressing with the next one. We can now tell you that it will just be a small update for Skyrim 1.4 patch, but itís about quality not quantity here. We should expect to see this go live in January, and from what we are told things are going very well indeed.

The developer had hoped to have the issue for the PS3 resolved by now, but we all know that this was not the case. Although we should give the team the benefit of the doubt here, itís a little hard to be forgiving when you have put a lot of hours into a game that just acts a little like freeze frame on an old VHS.

Thankfully Bethesda have listened to the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim users and now know what they need to fix the problem, we just hope they can deliver, as things could turn ugly quick if not. However, they do say on their Forum that they have worked tireless on the framerate/lag issue and now say that they have a fix for it Ė so they must now be in the testing stage.

We cannot help but feel a little upset over this, as many fans of the series have received Skyrim as a gift for Christmas, but now face a dilemma, do they install the game and learn to live with the issue for a few weeks, or should they just wait and enjoy the game knowing that the they will not run into the same problem as many of you have?

There will also be a few updates to other version of Skyrim, but it looks as though the PC will get the best of these, such as the integration of the Creation Kit and Steam Workshop

PSN ID
    dressycard022
    already level 48

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by NRafa View Post
    already level 48
    Nice man, nice. How much time have you vested into the game? Given you're such a high level, I presume you've done tons and tons of quests. Mind listing some of your most memorable / favorites? I'm always looking for some new quest lines.

As for the patch, this is good news. I'm forgiving of Bethesda, whether I should be or not. They're created a fantastic game, and have done so in the past with the likes of Morrowind, Fallout, Oblivion, and more. It's hard for me to criticize a developer that has given me hours upon hours of enjoyment. It'll be nice to see some of the issues the PS3 version has, but frankly, I don't see the issues as game breaking.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Morrowind was destroyed nearly 50 years after the events of Oblivion and a couple hundred years before the events of Skyrim.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Morrowind was destroyed nearly 50 years after the events of Oblivion and a couple hundred years before the events of Skyrim.
    I think so. I know that Argonians went north from the Black Marsh and invaded Morrowind at some point. Not sure if that's what the "destruction" of Morrowind refers to.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I think so. I know that Argonians went north from the Black Marsh and invaded Morrowind at some point. Not sure if that's what the "destruction" of Morrowind refers to.
    Yeah, they invaded the mainland of Morrowind. But it sounds like it was the Baar Dau that was hovering over the city of Vivic, the largest city in Vvardenfell -- which is where Morrowind takes place -- that fell down and completely destroyed the city. This, in turn, lead to a ton of tsunamis and the eruption of the Red Mountain destroying the land.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-25-2011 at 19:14.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLord View Post
    Great news, will leave Skyrim until this comes out. The crashing/resetting is doing my head in

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I knew the volcano erupted I was just attributing the Telvanni destruction to the Argonians. Did not know it was done before Oblivion as I never played it long enough.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkenLord View Post
    Good to hear that. I haven't had the extent of the problems others have had but I do get a little lag and am finally getting over 7MB save file (level 39 right now).

I'm not sure what to do right now though, I finally got something other than an SDTV so I really want to start over with a new player so I can fully experience the game. I couldn't read most text and when creating my character couldn't really make out the features but it turns out he looks decent, thankfully. I also want to restart so that I can pick my skills/perks better than the first time around, also so the dragons I kill from the start I don't take and then sell the bones/scales like a dummy. Maybe I can do the save/load technique on my home to get it to have an unglitched weapons holder.

Not bad.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I loved the game from start to middle, before the bugs kicked in. But when i get it again all the updates will be out and all will be well. This is a awsome game
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    Chests and barrels are generally safe, but it is not 100% safe if you store something in one outside of a house. You can dump points in stamina that will help increase your wgt. limit you can carry. Best bet, buy the house in whiterun, its pretty cheap, and store anything you want in the chest in the bedroom.
    Cheers man. I will look in to that, sounds ideal +rep

Forum Elder
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    i want the game but all the bs with the bugs is it worth it

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NARCsnake View Post
    Easy answer: yes it's worth it. You'll probably experience minor annoyances, but they're far outweighed by the positives. It's a ridiculously good game, don't miss out.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by NARCsnake View Post
    I've said it several times, and I'll say it again. The glitches the game had could be, at one point, considered game breaking. After the first patch though, the game breaking glitches were dealt with. Is the game glitchy? Yeah, but no more than you'd expect from a Bethesda title. It's on par with the glitchiness of Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Forum Elder
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    ill proly get it then

Badw0lf
    I'm so glad i got this game. I've got a ps3 and i dont see why so many people are complaining, Skyrim has only crashed once and has had no problems apart from a few bugs and glitches here and there. I'm a level 38 wood elf assassin and im loving this game so far already invested 98 hours in it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    An body start boethiah's calling? The armor you get for it is godly. Top 3 pieces of armor in the game easily.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Just got the game, put about 8 hours in the past 2 days. I think it's a little like coffee. First impression is that it's not as great as everyone made it sound, but the more you have the more you like it and less time you can go without it. Pretty sure I'll have a full on addiction by the end of the week.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeDubya View Post
    Just got the game, put about 8 hours in the past 2 days. I think it's a little like coffee. First impression is that it's not as great as everyone made it sound, but the more you have the more you like it and less time you can go without it. Pretty sure I'll have a full on addiction by the end of the week.
    I felt the same way, actually. The only reason my addiction has subsided is because of Battlefield 3, which I've been enjoying plenty lately. By the end of the week I'm sure my Skyrim addiction will resume.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    An body start boethiah's calling? The armor you get for it is godly. Top 3 pieces of armor in the game easily.
    Who did you sacrifice?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    remember what Todd Howard said,

And i
    some glitches are a great thing to have in the game, if they can help in anyway
    this was before the game was released. But still uncalled for to state that

This link:http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Glitches

this link has all possible bugs and glitches that this game as, maybe before the updates or after them. It gives all the bugs and glitches each game gets on different formats... Check it out and see how you can have an attempt to fix them
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    Who did you sacrifice?
    Just hired some merc in candlehearth hall. Thought about doing Cicero lol but didn't think the game would allow that.

QUOTE=GeorgeDubya;5737506]Just got the game, put about 8 hours in the past 2 days. I think it's a little like coffee. First impression is that it's not as great as everyone made it sound, but the more you have the more you like it and less time you can go without it. Pretty sure I'll have a full on addiction by the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

There will be a moment when your jaw hits the floor. It's different for everybody, but the game has so much "awe" in it that that moment is inevitable. When it happens, you'll be like a junkie lookin for that next hit. More addictive than skooma .

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Apprentice
    Yeah I did that quest. Sadly my heavy armour skill is around 20 or something pitiful (I am level 43 now) and so it was pointless. Works nicely on Lydia, though.

Thread Information