Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 617181 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2075
    Master Guru

v1.4 is here

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    o thank you, it's bout time. now i can get back to this awesome game with out worrying about freezing.

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    What does v1.4 bring to the table?

I've played skyrim for near 500 hours. And have become somewhat...dis-interested with is at the time. but if there is something that re-invigorate my love for the game, that would be awesome.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    HitMan00
    @ kwesnoth, 1.4 brings alot like:
    BUG FIXES
    - General optimizations for memory and performance
    - Optimized bookshelf script in player-owned houses that would occasionally cause active scripts to lag and also cause an increase to saved games filesize (PS3)
    - Improved compiler optimization settings
    - Memory optimizations related to scripting
    - Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
    - Fixed crash in Haemar’s Shame if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”
    - Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
    - Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
    - Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
    - Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
    - Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
    - Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home
    - Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
    - Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
    - Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
    - Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
    - Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
    - Fixed memory crash with container menu
    - Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
    - Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
    - Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally fail
    - Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks
    QUEST FIXES
    - The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”
    - In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
    - Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest
    - Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly.
    - Fixed issue progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests.
    - In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
    - In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
    - Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible
    - In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
    - “The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
    - Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”
    - Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing
    - In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
    - In “Revealing the Unseen”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
    - “Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest
    - Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
    - “Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
    - Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
    - In “The Break of Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
    - Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
    - Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
    - “Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
    - Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly
    - Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
    - Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine would block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”
    - Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly
    - In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
    - In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
    - Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly
    - Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

5. Likes Vulgotha, Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Cool. Lots of stuff fixed up. Can't really relate to much of it, my game usually ran perfect.

Might try checking out some mods from the creation kit.

Thanks tekken.

Master Poster
    wow it's been a while since i played Skyrim (due to other games)

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I never really ran into any trouble on skyrim, apart from a misc quest where the dude in the Library in Winterhold college wouldn't register that I had found one of his stupid books >_>

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Looks like I'll play it some today, I had to stop cause my save file got too big. I hope this truely fixed that!

Also for us PS3 players, this was posted on the bethblog:
    The 1.4 patch for Skyrim includes many performance-enhancing updates for the PlayStation 3. A few important things to note:

1. To ensure the fastest jump in performance after applying the patch, be sure to first create a new manual save by entering the save menu and choosing “save game.” You should then restart your PlayStation 3 before continuing to play.

2. If you encounter strange behavior while playing immediately following application of the patch, do not be alarmed – this is a temporary effect of Skyrim scripts correcting themselves after the update. Once this process runs its course, be sure to make a new save and restart your PlayStation 3.
    Dont remember what i was doing in this
    Last edited by Fenix; 02-10-2012 at 21:07.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    I ran into a few "significant" bugs, nothing too crazy but things like a bugged Companions quest which I couldn't advance in, unable to become Thane of Riften, quests just stuck and not registering as completed (much like Riften, unable to become Thane / purchase property in Windhelm), mannequins not working blah blah but most of it is supposed to be addressed in the patch. I noticed the lag issue was entirely better, mannequins properly displayed armor now (though the armor duplication glitch doesn't appear to be fixed - but the Oghma Infinium / bookshelf deal was - go figure) and I can only assume most of the quest issues / bugs were squashed.

However, I noticed a quest last night didn't register as completed in my log and place / location markers for doors or chests weren't showing. The town / cave exits were labeled, but the quest specific things weren't. I dunno, it was late ... was tired. If that's all I have to worry about, well, I'm straight. Had a little Skyrim hiatus but been playing the last few days, so while the timing is nice I do feel like this game will take another break before some DLC drops.

-EDIT-

Well, maybe the above was a result of me not restarting the console. Made a fresh save before I bailed so will see if that stuff corrects itself.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I stopped playing until the save game file issue was fixed. I want to get back into it so really hope it's sorted.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Well just got my platinum, and I played for over three hours today and I can say 1.4 fixed all the issues I had with this game.

Pre-1.4 I had to restart every 30 mins due to massive lag, now I didnt even get one ounce of slow down.

I hope we get an expansion soon now, I will gladly buy it since issues are fixed. Would love to play more now.
    Last edited by Fenix; 02-10-2012 at 21:09.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    Congrats on the platinum. I swear everything was looking good on my end until I realized a few Whiterun guards were invisible.

I really hope this wasn't because I didn't create the new save right off the bat. Doubt it. But maybe they should have released some patch notes along with the patch. Should have been told this immediately. LOL

sent via Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    All things considered, the turnaround for patch 2.03 has been positive overall. Based on our experiences so far, the update delivers on Bethesda's promise of an improvement to performance
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...yrim-lag-fixed

Lovely

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    so they finally fixed the house issues. that was my peeve. but i haven't gone back since i plat'd it a while ago

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Master Guru
    Yeah it definitely has helped with a lot. Gotta get on and see if this issue persists ... was trying to figure out why I kept being seen when I was sneaking. Then again I have been slinging invisibility potions like a boss sooo .... LOL

I won't lie I fell off after the plat too. Created a new character though. XD

sent via Tapatalk

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I just got back into dark souls. I'm pretty close to plat on that, I just need all the rare weapons. Soon as I get that, I'll prob return to skyrim. I havnt made a magic character yet so I want to do that and I want to discover every location still

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I'll try finish main quest soon as I'm running outa steam.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I'm trying to create a Paladin right now. I made mine a Nord, but after doing some searching, some people seem to think that Breton's are the best race for that class. The character is still really new, so I could easily go back and create a new character of a difference race if it's beneficial enough.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Im sure I got a glitch on mine were I found a shout wall but it doesn't light up ,you can hear the sound it makes when theres a Word to pick up but nothing Happens ???

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Im sure I got a glitch on mine were I found a shout wall but it doesn't light up ,you can hear the sound it makes when theres a Word to pick up but nothing Happens ???
    That happened to me before. I think what solved it for me was going back to the latest save.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post

Most every glitch I found was overcome with the quick and easy quick save, then quick load.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Thanks ,I'll try that next time im on it

Unbound Mercenary
    Yeah, that trick helped me to fix most all...except that screwy dragon that would fly backwards and stuff.

Unbound Mercenary
    Sooo has any one found a mod or something to allow one-handed swords to be stored on the back of my character?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Just wondering if anyone else has come across this:

The other day I had fast traveled to the watch tower outside of Whiterun (where you learn the first shout), and in the distance i noticed a ghost horse. I chased it down on foot to notice there was a headless ghost rider mounted on a ghost horse. I wasn't able to get too close because my character has like no stamina (new character). The ghost seemed to be riding randomly off on the road.

Thread Information