siftinglurker88
    Right sorted out the civil war. now its time to do some smithing work

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    you know the smithing glitch friend...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSN ID
    siftinglurker88
    Actually no I don't haha Is it something I should know about?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    $#@! I love my vamp! She has twin souls and dead thrall so I can summon 2 permanent helpers. At the moment I have a vampire master with me, but need another and I have Serena as a follower. She often raises her own dead too, so we can have quite the little troop. Still not decided if I will go for 2 master vamps or get two daedra dudes to back me up, as I have the deadra lord summon too...She is shaping up nicely. I can cast frenzy, all myenemies start fighting each other and my vamps go clean up.

PSN ID
    siftinglurker88
    sounds like becoming a vampire is pretty damn sweet!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Not really, I mean you can be evil, but you have to get back in line to complete the quest, or even random quests.

I've gotten stuck because I person that I have to talk to is hostile towards me because I murdered the whole town has a werewolf.
    This is why I can't wait for a new Fallout. I loved in New Vegas being able to actually control the ending (although it would have been nice to play in the *new* New Vegas).

I usually do my playthroughs as a good role since I know being evil just for the sake of being evil will likely just end up with me getting a quest later on I can't complete. On PC I will find myself killing the occasional household since I know a console command will fix everything.

I recently started a new character and I'm trying to explore first all the areas I've yet to check out with any of my other characters. It's amazing how much I've played and still have characters I've never met and locations I've never explored.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    Getting it today with the DLC for ps3. Can not wait!!

solid_sneek

8. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by siftinglurker88 View Post
    Actually no I don't haha Is it something I should know about?
    what you do is collect all the iron ore you can carry and leather straps you can carry and just make iron daggers, this will get your smithing up to level 100 in no time

If you keep doing this, it will take 1 hour or 2 hours depends on how much you can carry

Remember you have to talk to the owner of the sky forge chest to activate the content of the chest and the same goes for the Khajiit one in dawnstar

and everytime you want to get the content of the whiterun and dawnstar chests, you have to speak to the owner of them chests and wait 3 days for them to be active again

The best thing to do is the chest glitch, go to whiterun and talk to the sky forger and then do not buy and thing and find his hidden chest, and then go to downstar and find the hidden chest next to the mine

Here his a video of all hidden chests in skyrim

Last edited by claud3; 03-15-2013 at 09:30.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    Just bought it all with DLC WOOP!!

solid_sneek

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Nice one friend, enjoy

Again need help with anything, you can look here or ask me

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    what you do is collect all the iron ore you can carry and leather straps you can carry and just make iron daggers, this will get your smithing up to level 100 in no time
    They patched that a while ago. You will need to delete ALL the patches to do it and not reinstall still smithing max. Sucks and youll get glitches but patches will fit them. When I did it took me around 5 hours between smiting, getting mats and money.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Nope you can still do it when you have the dlc's friend... It some how cancels them out. It still works for me, be a wee bit slower that is all

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Nope you can still do it when you have the dlc's friend... It some how cancels them out. It still works for me, be a wee bit slower that is all
    that is awesome
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I wanna get back into Skyrim but every time I do I end up spending more time slogging around updating mods and getting them to play nice under the new update and DLC etc than actually playing the game.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Yuuichi

It works fine on the 360 but on the PS3 I really do not know, with all issues and down right laziness of fixing it. Might be harder for it to work

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    Can't wait to get started ain't had chance yet. Also bought some turtle beach.

solid_sneek

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Dude first thing to do when you leave and get to river-wood, go to the mine you pass on the way their and get all the iron ore and keep it until you get to white-run and then use the smelt and turn it into iron ingot

and from their get leather strips by using the tanner

But first when in river-wood ask the forger does he want help and when he says yes, follow what he says and do it. This will give you smithing level one

If you choose to go with the Imperal soldier, you will get all free items from the forger in river-wood and the iron and steel ingot positioned by the table in the forgers shop is free to take...
    Last edited by claud3; 03-15-2013 at 23:16.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    Ah nice dude. They offered me a strategy guide probably should of took it. Can't wait to explore around!

solid_sneek

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    You do not need that guide you have us, we will guide you through this game and any questions abut it just ask

Miqo'te Bard
    The strategy guide is worthless trust me I bought it day one.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i believe that friend... I hate them and it is always better to find all on your own

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    I Agree that's why I didn't take it glad iv
    Got a game I can keep going back too.

solid_sneek

Master Poster
    I don't get why you'd bother with the smithing "glitch". Smithing is easy enough to level very high if you just play the game as it's meant to be played. Just make sure to mine every ore vein you come across (if you're on PC it helps to get the mod that makes them glow) and kill a bunch of beasts in the wild for leather. Smith away! All the stuff that you can't smith yet because you haven't got the perk, just store it in the chest. Oh and make sure to get the Transmute spell. It lets you turn iron ore into silver and silver into gold. Coupled with a bunch of diamonds you can create jewelry which not only levels your smithing but is a great way to make money. And if you're into soul collecting you'll want to enchant every piece as well before you sell it.

This is great for leveling smithing, enchanting, speech AND getting rich. And the best thing is you're just doing it in the natural flow of the game. No need to bore yourself to death with a glitch. Just play and enjoy the game. It's the best advice I can give.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    dude it is just an exploit that everyone does not have to use, i only use it now and then to increase my leveling and with out actually going out to take on enemies

I know that sounds stupid, but leveling up gives me leveled items to use. Items i could not get at level one

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    It all sounds so complicated haha. I'm stuck at work today's ain't been on it yet

solid_sneek

Thread Information