Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2075
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    THE PS3 version of the game is deadly in the sense of loading and frame problems... Also it has had all the patches up to 1.9 and it's still not working
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Lately I've been able to keep the game running for quite a few hours and not run into too many issues with frame limit or loading. Usually it's the textures not loading that happens, in which case I just exit to the XMB and then restart the game. It sucks that I'm used to the controller with this game, or else I'd play it more on PC.

And I haven't been messing with my Orc, in the final stages of doing some building in the bathroom. Hopefully it will be done today, not only missing Skyrim but also a good part of the March Madness tourny.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I am not bashing the PS3, but i feel that this game is better on the XBOX360. It might be the way they space out the data or it might be slightly more powerful

I just can not see why the PS3 struggles so so much... Is it the data, is it not spread evenly
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    It's my understanding that Bethesda just isn't good with the system. I don't remember how it was with Oblivion, but I know Fallout 3 was also better on 360. PS3 was infamous for having a crazy amount of issues, especially with the DLC. I think a main reason was the CELL was difficult to learn for devs, which is why they are going with x86 in PS4, as it's what devs are used to and what they asked for. Another was the RAM, which I think 360 had more and was better utilized.

That's what I've gathered from the various discussions on the two consoles.

It will be interesting to see the first multiplatform game from both Rockstar and Bethesda for next gen, as games from those two had the most noticeable differences for me. I think Assassin's Creed (and maybe other Ubisoft titles) were also ones with major differences.

Almost done caulking in the bathroom so I'll be able to do some more exploring in Skyrim. I'm going to try and get Morrowind this week, it didn't look too bad graphically and I keep hearing it's great.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    So I'm back on Skyrim, running around seeing what new places I can find. Anyone have any locations they really enjoy or lesser known ones?

I just found Mara's Eye Pond and discovered the underground area there. Nice little journal in there too, made the place more interesting.

Checking out what else I've always missed in that hotspring area south of Windhelm.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    Will be getting some Skyrim time in tonight been mega busy At work iv only clocked up an hour!!

solid_sneek

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    So I put my Orc on hold. I kept finding myself turning him into a stealth character, so I started a new character. She's an evil Dunmer named Mori Shadowvictor who hails from Cheydinhal and traveled to Skyrim to take advantage of the current situation.

My last few playthroughs I found myself using different exploits to help with leveling up quickly, going to stay away from that for this character.

I was just wandering the snowy mountains west of Solitude and ran out of arrows when I came across a snow sabre cat. Thankfully some rocks were nearby and was able to get on a ledge where it couldn't get me and wore him down with some flames. It was scary for a moment since I hadn't saved in some time and just picked a crazy amount of blue mountain flowers.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    that is the best thing about these games, your surroundings become your friend more than a follower LMAO

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I don't know if it's always been like this or if I just noticed it, but does everyone else have random NPCs follow into buildings to continue their speech dialogue?

Like when I travel to Solitude and go into one of the shops (like Radiant Raiment) I always have a guard telling me some worthless line and he'll end up in the store with me when I enter the door.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Yes, even when you take a soul from a dragon. It will come with you in some cases if you fast travel

Some times the dialog will continue and the NPC will not follow you LOL

It is really really strange and annoying

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Figured I'd post in the Skyrim thread instead of taking over the other one.

So I was talking about dead dragons spawning frequently. I've been running around collecting skill books, as my magic skills are in the 90s so trainers no longer work. I fast traveled to Markarth and when it loaded up there was a dead dragon there in the little market area. The game apparently didn't like that and froze the game. Pissed me off so I didn't bother loading it back up as I couldn't remember the last time I saved and didn't want to deal with it all again. Just decided to reboot it, it had auto-saved just before I fast traveled. Phew.

Anyways, I have a few more Conjuration books to find then contemplating starting the civil war quest line. Just need to give the UESP site a quick look to make sure I'm not walking into any issues with not-yet-completed quests.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    that is a major problem... With the training and spell books, it makes the game very unbalanced and you over powered and takes away the feel of the game

That sounds more of the lack luster dragon scripting again and it is really annoying indeed

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    that is a major problem... With the training and spell books, it makes the game very unbalanced and you over powered and takes away the feel of the game

That sounds more of the lack luster dragon scripting again and it is really annoying indeed
    I'm not too much of a magic user, I mainly go to trainers and books for those only as they're unused skills and otherwise I wouldn't be able to level up as highly as I can otherwise.

Even if I had Destruction at 100 and all the perks, I don't think I'd use it. I just don't like magic in this game, except for a few instances. Transmute, Soul Trap, Candlelight/Magelight and Flames (to destroy spider webs). And even then the first two are no longer used after a certain point.

Also, I think they give too many free Archery points. +5 from skill books, +5 from Oghma Infinium, +5 from Angi and a +1 from the Bards College. It's also one of the skills you can have a follower who is also a trainer and get free training.

Unbound Mercenary

Play on the highest difficulty setting, and it makes you feel less over powered.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    So I've just discovered that being a hungry vampire turns ordinary, lame dragons into hell spawn incarnate. God damn weakness to fire! I'm running around in the middle of nowhere, completely alone, next thing I know a dragon insta kills me. I didn't even see the bastard

Bare in mind I'm a level 53 with loads of health and awesome armour.

Unbound Mercenary
    Thats one of the main reasons I've avoided becoming a vampire. Werewolf all the way here!

My character has settled on being an archer, i've gotten archery up to 84 so far, along with sneak, and alchemy. So that first arrow is tainted with a deadly poison, and does around 6x damage.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I'm not too much of a magic user, I mainly go to trainers and books for those only as they're unused skills and otherwise I wouldn't be able to level up as highly as I can otherwise.

Even if I had Destruction at 100 and all the perks, I don't think I'd use it. I just don't like magic in this game, except for a few instances. Transmute, Soul Trap, Candlelight/Magelight and Flames (to destroy spider webs). And even then the first two are no longer used after a certain point.

Also, I think they give too many free Archery points. +5 from skill books, +5 from Oghma Infinium, +5 from Angi and a +1 from the Bards College. It's also one of the skills you can have a follower who is also a trainer and get free training.
    I actually do the smithing glitch and chest glitch too increase my level... I only use the trainers when they become followers for me

I see no point in using trainers were i can not get money back without pick-pocketing

Unbound Mercenary
    The benefits of being rich I guess.

I put out for every trainer I come across, and it doesn't even dent my overall wealth. But I do a lot of hunting, then sell the furs at shops when I come across them, I had 45 bear pelts last time I went to the store.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I actually do the smithing glitch and chest glitch too increase my level... I only use the trainers when they become followers for me

I see no point in using trainers were i can not get money back without pick-pocketing
    Since my training is usually limited to magic skills, I just make sure I have high paying objects on me when I use them so I can sell them back, since all the trainers at the College are also shop keeps.

I just hopped on and downloaded the 1.09 update where you can level up even more by making your skills "Legendary". There is a ton of potential there for making infinitely leveled players with Magicka/Health/Stamina over 1,000 each and fully perked skills. Oddly enough though they fixed the Oghma Infinium exploit. They removed one leveling tool and replaced it with an even more ridiculous one (I got my test player up to level 198 just between creating mega potions and "selling" them).

But enough with the exploit talk... I was wandering around different caves and came across something in Embershard Mine. When you take the left across the bridge and enter the main area you can come across a somewhat secluded area with a bucket, obviously meant to be a toilet. It got me thinking about why there wasn't any other toilets in the whole of Skyrim. Just this one... or at least that I've found. Fallout has them everywhere and you can even interact with them. I'm sure this has been realized before, but it just came to my attention.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    The benefits of being rich I guess.

I put out for every trainer I come across, and it doesn't even dent my overall wealth. But I do a lot of hunting, then sell the furs at shops when I come across them, I had 45 bear pelts last time I went to the store.
    Heh yeah I'm such a hoarder in ES games. Have around 60k gold on me now and literally hundreds of weapons and armour pieces worth over 1000 coins, more than I could ever sell.

Sad part is I still loot every corpse for valuable stuff and bring it back to my den.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Heh yeah I'm such a hoarder in ES games. Have around 60k gold on me now and literally hundreds of weapons and armour pieces worth over 1000 coins, more than I could ever sell.

Sad part is I still loot every corpse for valuable stuff and bring it back to my den.
    Yep, gets to the point where gold is pointless.

Although, I do wish that there were higher uses for gold, and perhaps have the shop keepers have a lot more money then they do.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Funny thing just happened.

I fast traveled to Falkreath and when it loads up there's an army of guards there. I think around 10. And every single one felt they had to ask me if I had seen a dog around there. I kept trying to run away from them but I couldn't get out of their zone fast enough.

It was nice not having a dragon appear every time I fast travel somewhere (it's gotten to where the dead dragons no longer even have souls, or items on them). In about an hour of playing earlier I had two different dragons. It actually happens almost every time I fast travel to The Reach.

Unbound Mercenary
    Dialog glitches are the $#@!ing worst.

Hate the mainquest one where Esbern won't open his stupid mouth, all the dialog has to be glitched in.

Veteran
    100% weakness to fire screw that $#@!! Just my luck to walk into a cave full of pyromancers lol.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Dialog glitches are the $#@!ing worst.

Hate the mainquest one where Esbern won't open his stupid mouth, all the dialog has to be glitched in.
    Ugh that was one of the worst glitches in the game. If not for console commands it would have killed my playthrough. He wouldn't open the door either, just a massive headache all round. The solitude battle bug is even worse

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    At least -- or so I think -- it's not like Oblivion where if you've skipped enough dialogue the audio just flat out refuses to play. I don't know how many times I've played through Oblivion where I had zero NPC dialogue.

Thread Information