Latest PSU headlines:

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7383
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2075
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The P.C version is bare none, the best version you will get of this type off game and again all bugged quests and un-finished quests are fixed
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Unbound Mercenary
    And any quest breaking glitches are simple to overcome.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I've finished all of Bethesda's title on PS3 and not had a single game breaking bug, and since Skyrim is the most patched I'm guessing this is the most polished game yet. I'll get the PS3 version then the PC version down the road like I did with F3.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    My shoes are more polished than SKYRIM....
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I've finished all of Bethesda's title on PS3 and not had a single game breaking bug, and since Skyrim is the most patched I'm guessing this is the most polished game yet. I'll get the PS3 version then the PC version down the road like I did with F3.
    I never had any game breaking ones, but there were plenty of quest breaking ones.

On Skyrim I would encounter at least one per playthrough. Even with their most current patch I guarantee you can come across them. There are also a good bit of houses I'll go into and notice some of the Thieve's Guild items in them (Golden Urn, Jeweled Candlestick, Ornate Drinking Horn, etc). I want to pick them up, but I'm too worried about what will happen.

The closest I came to a game breaking bug was in Point Lookout in FO3, where all moveable items were sent flying up into the air, where they mostly remained. Not only were most things unreachable, but the frame rate was somewhere around 10FPS most of the time. And it happened a few times.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Guess I've been lucky on my playthroughs, I've played through F3 a few times on PS3 and had no big glitches like that, just the odd corpse fly across the screen after a fast travel lol
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It is pure luck and even with Oblivion, it had the same problems and you would assume lessons should have been learned

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Actually Oblivion on PS3 was a very good port because it wasn't Bethesda that handled it, that game never froze on me once on PS3 and I played at least 200 hours on multiple playthroughs. F3 was Bethesda's first time with PS3 and although it had a few freezing issues (one every 10 hours from my experience), I had no game or quest breaking bugs. So I'll see how they've done with Skyrim but I expect it to be better than F3 with all the patches.

Started playing again and have been playing nonstop. I had it originally on the ps3 and put in about 60 hours then got a digital copy for xbox360 for free and decided to trade the ps3 copy. One thing I've noticed ironically is that the Xbox version has given me far more issues than the alleged poor ps3 port. Nothing major like broken quests but has frozen my machine a few times.

I'm a high elf named Tiberius level 30 Mage build around 30 hours in. Haven't played this game in forever and just can't get over how much time can be spent on this game. Two questions do you think Mage is the most powerful class in the game? I do, I very rarely have difficulty slaughtering everything in my path. Second question do you play and use glitches to level or add gold? I get torn between playing legit and taking advantages of glitches. Been playing mostly legit though.

10. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Mages have weakness and that is Magicka, they can be deadly if built right. Built wrong and you are food for everyone

I have played legit in both Oblivion and Skyrim.... But now since i have sunk only 2,000 hours into both, this is due to glitches and luck really

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Figured I'd bump this instead of going on in the other thread that most Skyrim talk ends up in.

Was going through save files, deleting the ones I no longer need as I Create New Save every time, and looked at my other characters. It was interesting seeing the level compared to hours played where you could tell which ones took advantage of different exploits.

38 hours - Level 31 (current, no exploits)
    55 hours - Level 250 (wanted to test Legendary skill exploiting)
    51 hours - Level 50
    30 hours - Level 43
    23 hours - Level 39
    88 hours - Level 78 (level 100 in all but one/two handed)
    112 hours - Level 65 (first character, no exploits)

I think all but the first and the last used at least the Smithing exploit, and others used ones like Fortify Restoration or the prison one where you can wear multiple rings/necklaces.

So far my current player hasn't used any exploits, and for any of those that have seen the other thread, I don't fast travel from location to location. I only allow myself to use that if I'm going from one major city to another, though I'm considering being able to fast travel from a major city to a smaller one (such as Riverwood or Ivarstead) as I figure if a carriage takes you from Whiterun to Riften it would pass through Ivarstead anyways... the game just doesn't want to make sense that way and allow you to travel there with it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    that is the problem, even though i use the exploits like crazy. Sometimes i feel like i am cheating my character in building her 100% legit...

Since i spent so many in skyrim, i came to decide that i would never use the exploits anymore and build my character from the ground up..

So i have

An Imperial female as always

She is well rounded in the sense i am focusing on all skill Bit by Bit and that is an insane tasks without the exploits

In all the skills, she is at 23 and they are growing slowly and this means i spend more time within combat and crafting and she is level 12

So you can image how long it can be if you go legit and finding it hard to do so

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    It definitely does last longer if you don't exploit. It also just feels more rewarding. I've wanted to just go ahead and do the Fortify Restoration thing but fought past the urge.

You also have to put more thought into where your skill points go, as instead of being able to easily level up 10+ times and go on a skill point spending free for all you only level up every so often.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I could not agree more... The time you put in, passes by when you do not know it

Unbound Mercenary
    Its to imagine that this is the same game. lol The first is taken with the low settings, and the second is taken with the ultra setting.

Taken in 2011

Taken in 2013

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Is that bottom character supposed to look like/be old Ezio? Maybe AC is just on the mind.

I went to look through mods earlier and noticed the Nexus was down. Here's my most recent shot, which don't mind the 900p resolution, was having to use an older monitor at the time.
    (Dat HD fire)

Unbound Mercenary
    Your dude looks badass. Like some jungle king.

And that is my stealth character, so he is like Ezio. I had another pic of him in the same area with his battle armor on.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Thanks. It's from the Immersive Armors mod. I was hoping I could get him to look like this guy, but I couldn't find the helmet.

The base game is really disappointing when you look at how much the modding world has done on PC. I would love for them to find a way to allow mods on consoles. Unreal Tournament III had it, I'm sure they can do something similar to Steam Workshop. Or they could just inquire about using certain users' mods (they used antistar's Fallout 3 weapon mod for their New Vegas mod system).

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Managed to grab the Legendary Edition yesterday on amazon lightning deal; $19.99, finally bought it lol

Unbound Mercenary
    Ttech you couldn't craft the helmet?

And prepare to lose a lot of time lol I've got over 700 hours in, and prepare i still find new stuff.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Everything my guy is wearing was crafted under the Auxiliary Armors section and then whatever name the set had. I only saw one other helmet and it was just the heavy/light version. I probably just missed it, since there are tons of options to choose from there.

I'll likely end up without a helmet anyways, or with the auto equip/un-equip helmet mod, so it won't be a big deal if I can't find it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwes View Post
    Its to imagine that this is the same game. lol The first is taken with the low settings, and the second is taken with the ultra setting.

Taken in 2011

Taken in 2013

pfft, that's nothing. Behold the might of MODS!

24. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    lol But I didn't add any cosmetic mods from the first picture to the second. Just raised the graphic setting.

My old PC would not be able to handle a modded out skyrim.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    lol I bought Skyrim at Launch and still haven't gotten round to finishing it .im gonna grab the PC version & mod the Hell out of it ,pretty sure I could run some good Mods with my SC 770 ACX card

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    pfft, that's nothing. Behold the might of MODS!
    What I hate is no matter what mods and ENB I go with, it just never looks as good in motion as it does in the screenshots. It feels like the screenshots are 20% mods and 80% the person being able to find great looking scenes.

28. Likes Kwes likes this post

Thread Information