Page 1 of 80 111 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 2075

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15,937
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    84,437 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    The Official Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread








    Publisher:
    Bethesda Softworks
    Developer: Bethesda Game Studios
    Release Date: November 11th, 2011 (11.11.11)
    Platform: PC, Playstation 3, and XBox 360
    Genre: Action-RPG
    ESRB: M-Rating
    Singleplayer: One-Player Only
    Multiplayer: None
    Official Site:
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/

    ~OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN~
    ~GAME MAP~
    ~BOXART~






    Announcement Trailer - Gametrailers - High Definition
    Announcement Trailer - Youtube - Standard Definition

    First Gameplay Trailer - Gametrailers - High Definition
    First Gameplay Trailer - Youtube - Standard Definition
    First Gameplay Trailer - Download - High Definition

    E3 2011
    Gameplay Walkthrough - Gametrailers - High Definition
    Comprehensive Interview - Gametrailers - High Defintion





    -WALLPAPERS-



    -SCREENSHOTS-




    -GIFS-








    The High King of Skyrim has been murdered, triggering a civil war among the province's people, the Nords. Many Nords wish to secede from the empire, which has been declining in power since the fall of the Septim Dynasty 200 years earlier, while others believe the empire is still worth preserving. A prophecy foretold by the Elder Scrolls is fully realized by this last event; dragons have returned to the land, and the Nordic god Alduin rises to consume the world. The player character is the last of the "Dovahkiin" (or "dragonborn"), mortals who are born with the soul of a dragon and can speak their language. It is your destiny to slay the flying beasts and save the world from the evil god Alduin. The question is: Will you follow you destiny, or play the role of another?




    The Technology Behind The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Skyrim: Building Better Combat
    Skyrim Will Be Utilizing a New Engine
    The Sounds of Skyrim
    Inside Skyrim's Menu System Overhaul
    Alduin's Wall
    GamesRadar Preview - Abandon All Hope
    Todd Howard Skyrim Interview By AusGamers



    -Outdated Scans-

    Last edited by Nerevar; 11-11-2011 at 19:35.

  2. #2
    Elite Member
    jubeininja69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,546
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    3,485 (0 Banked)
    fallout 3 even though not related but shares many gameplay similarities was better in my opinion but i can't wait for skyrim. i hope they fix the flaws oblivion had.


  3. #3
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15,937
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    84,437 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeininja69 View Post
    fallout 3 even though not related but shares many gameplay similarities was better in my opinion but i can't wait for skyrim. i hope they fix the flaws oblivion had.
    1. Optimize and better the engine.
    2. Make it more hardcore like Morrowind
    2. ????
    4. PROFIT


    I really hope Nerevar is in this one. During this time he is stationed in Skyrim attempting to prevent a civil war.

  4. #4
    Member
    Mr.House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lucky 38
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    28
    Points
    3,456 (0 Banked)
    For me this is the biggest game of 2011.
    But I do have some doubts if they'll actually make it out in time for this year. It seems like a very short time between when it was announced, to when they say it's coming out.
    CONNECTION LOST...

  5. #5
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15,937
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    84,437 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.House View Post
    For me this is the biggest game of 2011.
    But I do have some doubts if they'll actually make it out in time for this year. It seems like a very short time between when it was announced, to when they say it's coming out.
    Both Elder Scrolls 3 and 4 took roughly 4 years to develop. Skyirm is taking about 5 and a half years to develop. Oblivion was also announced about a year before it released, just as Skyrim was. They'll get it done, don't worry.

  6. #6
    Member
    Mr.House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lucky 38
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    28
    Points
    3,456 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Both Elder Scrolls 3 and 4 took roughly 4 years to develop. Skyirm is taking about 5 and a half years to develop. Oblivion was also announced about a year before it released, just as Skyrim was. They'll get it done, don't worry.
    I wonder how long it's actually been in development? I kind of doubt they've had the new engine for that long already.
    But who knows. Hopefully you're right.
    CONNECTION LOST...

  7. #7
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,328
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    48,932 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    JUST watched this!!
    11.11.11, got a fair bit of time to wait, but at least there is a date!!! OMG tooo excited!

  8. #8
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,827
    Rep Power
    119
    Points
    70,261 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Cool.
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 02-14-2011 at 03:22.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  9. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,827
    Rep Power
    119
    Points
    70,261 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It is time to replay Oblivion.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  10. #10
    Elite Guru
    *goo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,296
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    32,619 (0 Banked)
    New engine is essential in my opinion.

  11. #11
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15,937
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    84,437 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    New engine is essential in my opinion.
    No offense, but the whole "new engine plox" is really annoying. What exactly is so terrible about this engine? Both Morrowind and Oblivion debuted with this engine and for their time were top of the line games on a technical level. Both huge, open world, detailed games full of individual NPCs and items. It keeps track of everything going on, even in areas you are not present (a thief can get killed off in a town on the opposite end of the map), and the engine is very open to mods and plugins. I honestly don't get it.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 12-12-2010 at 04:18.

  12. #12
    Elite Guru
    *goo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,296
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    32,619 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    No offense, but the whole "new engine plox" is really annoying. What exactly is so terrible about this engine? Both Morrowind and Oblivion debuted with this engine and for their time were top of the line games on a technical level. Both huge, open world, detailed games full of individual NPCs and items. It keeps track of everything going on, even in areas you are not present (a thief can get killed off in a town on the opposite end of the map), and the engine is very open to mods and plugins. I honestly don't get it.
    My main issues:

    • Amount of bugs.
    • Quality of animations.
    • Quality of graphics (At this point in the generation, it's looking really dated)
    • Immersion breaking limitations (What's with everything freezing when you're in chat? Other games seem to be able to stop everything else in the world going on pause...)


    The phrase in your post 'for their time' really says it all. That time has passed. Even despite what I've mentioned above, I still enjoy their games for the best part. But. It's time they brought their engine into 2010 and got these basic things right. If they overhaul the current engine and make it into something fantastic, great. Otherwise, as you put it 'New engine plox'.

    Oh, and whilst the engine is open to mods and plugins; so is pretty much every other major engine out there. But that doesn't matter on console as very few games like to let their players add modifications and plugins.
    Last edited by *goo; 12-12-2010 at 10:41. Reason: Typo.

  13. #13
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    15,937
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    84,437 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    My main issues:

    • Amount of bugs.
    • Quality of animations.
    • Quality of graphics (At this point in the generation, it's looking really dated)
    • Immersion breaking limitations (What's with everything freezing when you're in chat? Other games seem to be able to stop everything else in the world going on pause...)


    The phrase in your post 'for their time' really says it all. That time has passed. Even despite what I've mentioned above, I still enjoy their games for the best part. But. It's time they brought their engine into 2010 and got these basic things right. If they overhaul the current engine and make it into something fantastic, great. Otherwise, as you put it 'New engine plox'.
    How utterly redundant. Bugs are to be expected in a game this size, and is not a sole result of the Gamebyo engine. Animations can always be bettered. Oblivion had some of the best graphics around during and after it's release. Freezing when talking? Like, what, every 200 times you talk to someone it may freeze for a second to load up the dialogue? Does it really kill you that much?

    You're basically saying, "Oblivion appears poor in comparison to more modern games." And then go on to imply TE5 will be the exact same engine and have the exact same problems as Oblivion, despite Todd Howard saying that the engine they're using is massively updated over the Fallout 3 engine.

    It's like people expect Bethesda's Gamebryo engine to somehow be perfect.

  14. #14
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    117 (0 Banked)
    the game shoud be stuuning

  15. #15
    Member
    Mr.House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lucky 38
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    28
    Points
    3,456 (0 Banked)
    i am sooooo nervous to see how this game pans out.

    Why am I nervous? Because this gen has not been kind to my favorite franchises. I've almost completely lost respect for: Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, Socom, anything made by Capcom, and Castlevania...there's more too.

    Please don't screw up Skyrim. It's the last hope for 2011 (and beyond) in my books.
    CONNECTION LOST...

  16. #16
    Could it be...I am sleeping?
    Aldebaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arabian Deserts
    Posts
    5,053
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    3,194 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy TacticsFinal Fantasy XIIFinal Fantasy XIV OnlineFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IV
    Why couldn't they implement multiplayer mode for this one?
    Who I Am
    _________

    Currently Playing: Harvest Moon (3DS)
    Recently Completed: Parasite Eve
    I & II, Wild ARMs, Mario 3D Land, ICO & SoTC HD, Zelda: OoT 3D, VVVVVV, Gravity Rush

  17. #17
    flamingclown2011
    Guest
    they need to fix bugs but it looks sick.

  18. #18
    Clankbot9
    Guest
    Cant wait!

  19. #19
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

  20. #20
    Captmorgan2392
    Guest
    the game would be so much mroe worth it if it was a free roam online game

  21. #21
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    1,862 (0 Banked)
    Ok whats the deal with the 1 hit giants, game feature or bug?

  22. #22
    Apprentice
    WHITE-FLOWER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    @home
    Age
    26
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    113 (13 Banked)
    how to steal in skyrim
    lock here


  23. #23
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    3,631 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    New console is essential in my opinion.
    Fixed.

  24. #24
    Dedicated Member
    Ariakace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    7,585 (0 Banked)
    oh that kills me. Elder Scrolls V is out less than 2 weeks after Uncharted 3. all i can say is that for once, theres a lot of stuff coming out that im really excited for. usually new announcements dont really get me all that amped up, but resistance 3, portal 2, Uncharted 3, Elder Scrolls 5, Homefront (i think that ones 2011), Mass Effect 2 ps3, phew. im gonna need to have special gaming gloves made so i keep the blisters down.


    Tacos Rule!

  25. #25
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,827
    Rep Power
    119
    Points
    70,261 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakace View Post
    oh that kills me. Elder Scrolls V is out less than 2 weeks after Uncharted 3. all i can say is that for once, theres a lot of stuff coming out that im really excited for. usually new announcements dont really get me all that amped up, but resistance 3, portal 2, Uncharted 3, Elder Scrolls 5, Homefront (i think that ones 2011), Mass Effect 2 ps3, phew. im gonna need to have special gaming gloves made so i keep the blisters down.
    Yeah 2011 will probably be the biggest year of this generation.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.