Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 106
  1. #1
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,106
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    37,669 (0 Banked)

    Kung Fu Live bringing the Project Natal dreams to life ?









    real time full body tracking in a fighting game

    so you come back for more Eaton?
















    real time object scanning into the game.

    I remember all the talk about how natal was going to be better than having a controller in your hand that acts as different objects because with natal we will be able to scan our real golf clubs & bats into the game & use them.

    fast forward & Kung fu live is letting us do just that,


    discuss:
    Last edited by ONQ; 12-12-2010 at 16:31.

  2. #2
    ERC1980
    Guest
    looks cool!

    but i expect a certain member on this board to downplay your post so get ready lol

  3. #3
    Superior Member
    nimbuscloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    43
    Points
    629 (0 Banked)
    I tried telling one of my xbros about this game, he was like natal would do it so much better... i tried to explain to him that it was the same thing, skeletal tracking and all but whateva

    PSN ID MurphANDderl
    xboxlive: derlwaller

  4. #4
    Superior Member
    swordfish64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    PSN ID
    swordfish64
    Age
    37
    Posts
    713
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    3,351 (0 Banked)
    Wow! Those videos look awesome. The most impressive thing is there seems to be no lag. I haven't played it yet, but ONQ or anyone else whos played it, is it as 1:1 as it looks? Also I read that the dev said they didnt have time to incorporate move into this release, but they would for part 2. Imagine wielding dual augmented reality swords, or a augmented reality gun that you could shoot with the move trigger.

  5. #5
    Forum Elder
    ddPLaNeT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,663
    Rep Power
    52
    Points
    10,724 (0 Banked)
    Man, when i see this, i wonder what a big developer like Naughty Dog, Konami or Capcom would do if they utilize both PS Eye's and Move's power to the max...

  6. #6
    I'm a real boy!
    Tyrien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    12,497
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    5,427 (0 Banked)
    Natal could do a better job. The thing is with the way games have been releasing, it won't.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Bio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Battlefield
    Posts
    4,087
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    8,176 (0 Banked)
    Move can bring them to life, yes, but Kinect is more capable of doing this, and that's all that really matters when it comes to the kind of question the OP asks.

    That, however, does not necessarily mean there will be better Kinect games in this aspect (I'd be surprised if there won't be, though).
    Last edited by Bio; 12-12-2010 at 18:38.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

  8. #8
    Superior Member
    nimbuscloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    43
    Points
    629 (0 Banked)
    I keep wanting to call it Natal lol I meant kinect! I really like this game!! All the kicking and stuff gets me sweatier than the Fight does lol Plus I can kick butt with a pillow!

    PSN ID MurphANDderl
    xboxlive: derlwaller

  9. #9
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,734
    Rep Power
    154
    Points
    100,473 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The only real difference is this is 2d left right motion controlling.
    Then again,plenty of Kinect games are as well.
    That and the fact that thats you on the screen not an avatar.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

  10. #10
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    The only real difference is this is 2d left right motion controlling.
    Then again,plenty of Kinect games are as well.
    That and the fact that thats you on the screen not an avatar.

    Good points.

  11. #11
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,106
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    37,669 (0 Banked)
    the people saying that kinect would do a better job are missing a few key points yes it will be more consistent with the situations where it works because it doesn't need the good lighting & it doesn't matter what color your background is vs what you have on for the background removal,

    but there is the drawbacks like the fact that the RGB cam drops to 320x240 to overlay the depth map & the slower response time of the kinect






    (note that these images look worse than they do in game because they are 720x480 screen caps from my video capture card but you get the picture)







    & I'm not sure how things will look with the 30fps RGB overlay when people start moving fast




    Your Shape being the the most responsive kinect game still gives you the feeling that you're timing yourself to match the slight delay I'm not sure if that's because of the 30fps or if there is some added delay because of the tracking software.


    ___________________


    I actually want to see more kinect games made in this way like Kung Fu Live & Your Shape because it will work for more people & it's more responsive not having to control a avatar because it's you in the game, & because of the depth cam they can maybe have it so you can walk around in the game environment, think about a NBA Jam remake with you in the game shooting the ball & doing dunks. or a side scrolling game that has you on a skateboard jumping & doing tricks as you dodge & knock down whatever is coming your way.
    Last edited by ONQ; 12-12-2010 at 23:54.

  12. #12
    Forum Sage
    Dasimpse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Huddersfield, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,566
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    6,997 (0 Banked)
    So does kung fu live just track actual moving parts? ie theres no actual skeleton tracking. in theory could it be a just be a stick on a string swinging around and it would still class as the hits?

    I'm just wondering as in, does it know you are you stood there hitting the enemys or could it be any part of your body or anything hitting the enemys?

    ONQ your camera on the bottom left is having more trouble tracking you than the kinect feed. What cam is that filming you lol. getting some serious blur and its messing up
    Last edited by Dasimpse; 12-13-2010 at 15:25.
    WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

  13. #13
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    So does kung fu live just track actual moving parts? ie theres no actual skeleton tracking. in theory could it be a just be a stick on a string swinging around and it would still class as the hits?

    I'm just wondering as in, does it know you are you stood there hitting the enemys or could it be any part of your body or anything hitting the enemys?
    No I dont think its tracking much at all. It takes a photo of you and shrinks it and places it against a background. There isnt much skeletal tracking going on from what i got out of it. This game has a nice concept but its has too many calibration problems and doesnt work half the time. Check out this review of the game. Its one of the few ive read and the best so far....
    http://www.pushsquare.com/21511/kung...tion-3-review/ .

  14. #14
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,106
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    37,669 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    So does kung fu live just track actual moving parts? ie theres no actual skeleton tracking. in theory could it be a just be a stick on a string swinging around and it would still class as the hits?

    I'm just wondering as in, does it know you are you stood there hitting the enemys or could it be any part of your body or anything hitting the enemys?

    ONQ your camera on the bottom left is having more trouble tracking you than the kinect feed. What cam is that filming you lol. getting some serious blur and its messing up

    parts tracking meaning if it's just your body on the screen it's skeleton tracking because it knows where your body parts are & if you do the lightning bolt move it follows your hands as it sends the lightning bolt out,

    & if you have something in your hands it tracks that too it's like the tracking in Your shape which is actually more advance than just skeleton tracking it tracks over 1 Million dots on your body instead of the 16/22 tracking points used in the other kinect games.




    & yes that web cam sucks it's only like 15 fps


    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No I dont think its tracking much at all. It takes a photo of you and shrinks it and places it against a background. There isnt much skeletal tracking going on from what i got out of it. This game has a nice concept but its has too many calibration problems and doesnt work half the time. Check out this review of the game. Its one of the few ive read and the best so far....
    http://www.pushsquare.com/21511/kung...tion-3-review/ .
    it's tracking even more than the normal skeleton tracking used by the Kinect SDK , everything you do is tracked instead of just the 22 points used by the kinect SDK skeleton tracking.

    reviews has nothing to do with this thread

  15. #15
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    parts tracking meaning if it's just your body on the screen it's skeleton tracking because it knows where your body parts are & if you do the lightning bolt move it follows your hands as it sends the lightning bolt out,

    & if you have something in your hands it tracks that too it's like the tracking in Your shape which is actually more advance than just skeleton tracking it tracks over 1 Million dots on your body instead of the 16/22 tracking points used in the other kinect games.




    & yes that web cam sucks it's only like 15 fps




    it's tracking even more than the normal skeleton tracking used by the Kinect SDK , everything you do is tracked instead of just the 22 points used by the kinect SDK skeleton tracking.

    reviews has nothing to do with this thread
    Well if he wants an honest opinion he should read a few reviews... Then he should decide. The game is fun but its does have some serious issues. The reviews point them out. This thread isnt a review thread but basically its peoples opinion of the game which is sort of a review....I think once he tries this game he will see what reviewers are talking about.

  16. #16
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,106
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    37,669 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Well if he wants an honest opinion he should read a few reviews... Then he should decide. The game is fun but its does have some serious issues. The reviews point them out. This thread isnt a review thread but basically its peoples opinion of the game which is sort of a review....I think once he tries this game he will see what reviewers are talking about.
    he asked about the tracking, the tracking works even in bad lighting it's the background removal that has issues with not having good lighting



    even when this unsmart guy at IGN decided to play in a dark room on a projector screen it still tracked his movements

    this is the guy that did the review & you can clearly see that it's him that just don't know how to play motion games doing these little halfass hits not even hitting anything most of the time & I bet he blamed the game for his mistakes.

    these are the people doing reviews are you kidding me? & he said he studied martial arts for 11 years lol I hope he didn't pay for it & came away fighting like that.
    Last edited by ONQ; 12-13-2010 at 22:53.

  17. #17
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    he asked about the tracking, the tracking works even in bad lighting it's the background removal that has issues with not having good lighting



    even when this unsmart guy at IGN decided to play in a dark room on a projector screen it still tracked his movements

    this is the guy that did the review & you can clearly see that it's him that just don't know how to play motion games doing these little halfass hits not even hitting anything most of the time & I bet he blamed the game for his mistakes.

    these are the people doing reviews are you kidding me? & he said he studied martial arts for 11 years lol I hope he didn't pay for it & came away fighting like that.
    The guy at IGN was basically right about it. All you have to do is read some more reviews on the game and the majority are all saying the same thing. The game has issues. Player recognition and responsiveness is kind of spotty. Not to mention the lighting issues and simple AI. This game is sort of built around punching and kicking and they dont translate well on screen.

    One thing i thought was cool is you can pick up stuff and use it in the game. Other than that the game just has too many issues that takes away from the experience. Thats my opinion and so far. Most of the reviews are pretty much saying the same... If people wont take my word then please go ahead and download and try it. For a download game its a decent game but just plagued with too many issues. Now if I were them i would of released this game years ago when the eye came out. Back then it probably could of been a big hit. Now if you look at whats being done with move and kinect this is nowhere near the quality of what we should be getting today.

  18. #18
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,106
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    37,669 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The guy at IGN was basically right about it. All you have to do is read some more reviews on the game and the majority are all saying the same thing. The game has issues. Player recognition and responsiveness is kind of spotty. Not to mention the lighting issues and simple AI. This game is sort of built around punching and kicking and they dont translate well on screen.

    One thing i thought was cool is you can pick up stuff and use it in the game. Other than that the game just has too many issues that takes away from the experience. Thats my opinion and so far. Most of the reviews are pretty much saying the same... If people wont take my word then please go ahead and download and try it. For a download game its a decent game but just plagued with too many issues. Now if I were them i would of released this game years ago when the eye came out. Back then it probably could of been a big hit. Now if you look at whats being done with move and kinect this is nowhere near the quality of what we should be getting today.




    that's BS & you know it

    & show me the kinect game that translate your movements on screen better than this game that's nowhere near the quality of what we should be getting today?

    only one & that's Your Shape
    Last edited by ONQ; 12-14-2010 at 00:12.

  19. #19
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post




    that's BS & you know it
    if its BS then why do reviewers say the same thing. Even the playstation web site reviewers say it.. Why isnt sony promoting this game since its launch? And why arent more people talking about it on this and other forums? Sony wouldnt publish this game and now we see why. It takes away from their move focus and this game has way too many issues. Thats just the plain truth. i know because ive played it. My advice is for sony is to stick to move games.

  20. #20
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,106
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    37,669 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    if its BS then why do reviewers say the same thing. Even the playstation web site reviewers say it.. Why isnt sony promoting this game since its launch? And why arent more people talking about it on this and other forums? Sony wouldnt publish this game and now we see why. It takes away from their move focus and this game has way too many issues. Thats just the plain truth. i know because ive played it. My advice is for sony is to stick to move games.
    Why would Sony be promoting it? it's not Sony's game.

    you seem to be upset about this little PSN game I wonder why? lol

  21. #21
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    Why would Sony be promoting it? it's not Sony's game.

    you seem to be upset about this little PSN game I wonder why? lol
    Oh i get it..So a game has to be published by sony in order for them to promote it. And we wonder why MS xbox live games fair so much better.

    Im not upset i knew the game would turn out this way. I said it would have some issues. Most of the reviews seem to agree. you seem to be one of the few who enjoy the game. Good for you but it looks like most people have already passed on it.

  22. #22
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,106
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    37,669 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Oh i get it..So a game has to be published by sony in order for them to promote it. And we wonder why MS xbox live games fair so much better.

    Im not upset i knew the game would turn out this way. I said it would have some issues. Most of the reviews seem to agree. you seem to be one of the few who enjoy the game. Good for you but it looks like most people have already passed on it.
    nothing left to do but shake my head at you lol. every thread

    & why haven't you showed me them kinect games that translate your kicks & punches on screen better than this game

  23. #23
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    nothing left to do but shake my head at you lol. every thread

    & why haven't you showed me them kinect games that translate your kicks & punches on screen better than this game
    This thread isnt about Kinect.

    this thread is pretty baseless. The only thing you can really say is that kunf-fu live is a good concept but it really fails to deliver in many ways. There is really no comparison. i do admit your vids always seem make me laugh. i sure would like to get some other members honest opinion. That is if enough of them bother to download it.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-14-2010 at 01:01.

  24. #24
    Master Guru
    ONQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,106
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    37,669 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The guy at IGN was basically right about it. All you have to do is read some more reviews on the game and the majority are all saying the same thing. The game has issues. Player recognition and responsiveness is kind of spotty. Not to mention the lighting issues and simple AI. This game is sort of built around punching and kicking and they dont translate well on screen.

    One thing i thought was cool is you can pick up stuff and use it in the game. Other than that the game just has too many issues that takes away from the experience. Thats my opinion and so far. Most of the reviews are pretty much saying the same... If people wont take my word then please go ahead and download and try it. For a download game its a decent game but just plagued with too many issues. Now if I were them i would of released this game years ago when the eye came out. Back then it probably could of been a big hit. Now if you look at whats being done with move and kinect this is nowhere near the quality of what we should be getting today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    This thread isnt about Kinect.
    could have fooled me!

  25. #25
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,955 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    could have fooled me!

    Hey you better check the title of the thread again... Bringing what to life?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.