Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Master Guru

The Fight: Lights Out Fitness Report: How To Lose Pounds With Punches

Workout games are all the rage these days, but rarely do they cater for those of us who don’t want to wear Lycra, or repeatedly step on and off a plastic plank.
    If you’re lucky enough to have the PlayStation Move at home you’ll have heard about The Fight already. It’s the world’s first true 1:1 motion fighting game starring you as an up and coming street boxer and the irrepressible Danny Trejo as your no nonsense trainer.
    Unlike other fighting games where you can tap buttons in a frenzied fashion to destroy an opponent, or optimistically waggle your controller to land a decent blow on your opponent, The Fight makes you do it for real, and the rewards of this are clearly visible not only in the game but in the real world too, as YouTube user ScruffyExaminer demonstrates below:

The Fight not only gives you a great fighting game, but also a great workout, so if you’d rather get into shape by beating a digital opponent to a pulp rather than strapping on legwarmers and prancing around to the commands of an aerobics instructor, pick up The Fight.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/...-with-punches/

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is the ideal fitness game, takes it up a level over some of the other more basic fitness games.

He could still work on his punches tho, they look wrong... I try and aim with my knuckles.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    tremblingwater
    good sense of cardio there

Um, feel free to add me on your PSN, just let me know you're from here.

Super Elite
    Definetly a workout, its basically like shadow boxing but with a virual oppoent as opposed to imagining someone hitting you which takes away the element of surprise and doesnt do any good for your timing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

Dedicated Member
    Damn I want this game. It's hard to justify $90 just to play it properly though. (Need another Move and the game itself) I wish they put out some game bundles with a controller.

Common sense isn't all that common.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Damn I want this game. It's hard to justify $90 just to play it properly though. (Need another Move and the game itself) I wish they put out some game bundles with a controller.
    don't look at it as you're paying $90 for this game look at it as you're getting a Move controller so you can play 2 player games & play other 2 controller games in the future.

I bought 2 for sports champion so when the fight came out I didn't have to look at it the way you see it ($90 to play) because I already had 2

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    don't look at it as you're paying $90 for this game look at it as you're getting a Move controller so you can play 2 player games & play other 2 controller games in the future.

I bought 2 for sports champion so when the fight came out I didn't have to look at it the way you see it ($90 to play) because I already had 2
    Yeah it's an investment since I'll be getting more Move games in the future. The other problem is Move and The Fight are sold out in my town.

I was going to bump your tracking thread but putting a video I found here instead.

Dedicated Member
    This game can definitely be a great cardio workout. I'm an avid gym junkie, but I hate cardio and will find any reason to spend more time in the weight room than running. This game is great because it's a work out game disguised as a real game, unlike Wii Fit or the like. You go into it with the intention of playing the game, and come out sweatin if you put in the work!

Although this isn't my favorite game of the year, it is most definitely my biggest surprise of the year. I expected to hate it after the reviews. Man am I glad I listened to the few of you who bought it on here despite those!

Superior Member
    somebody should post a work out schedule based on this games diff activities

PSN ID MurphANDderl
    xboxlive: derlwaller

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Curious, may sound dumb.. but bare with me.. I tend to ask ******ed **** on no sleep: is this just a "lose fat" type thing or a "lose fat, gain SOME muscle" type thing?

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Curious, may sound dumb.. but bare with me.. I tend to ask ******ed **** on no sleep: is this just a "lose fat" type thing or a "lose fat, gain SOME muscle" type thing?
    You can't build muscle without resistance. All video game fitness games will pretty much be cardio unless they have you using some kinds of wieghts or a push/pull routine.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Ultimately, you will tone muscle, rather than build it. If you were to play the game with some resistance bands, then you'd be able to at least of some type of muscle growth beyond the repairing of of the stretched tissue.

Apprentice
    Basically you sweat and ache after playing this n get a 'pump'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ADD ME brett_noonan Just say yr from here and i"ll accept!!!

Apprentice

I run 3 times a week and weight train 3 times a week and this game def gets you to sweat, as long as you play it properly. By that i mean put effort and force into throwing your punches and ducking/weaving etc. Its a fantastic game esp if you like keeping fit but cannot be arsed to go for run/gym, as long as you dont take the calorie counter too serioulsy as i believe its unaccurate but that could be just me

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dinono10 View Post
    I run 3 times a week and weight train 3 times a week and this game def gets you to sweat, as long as you play it properly. By that i mean put effort and force into throwing your punches and ducking/weaving etc. Its a fantastic game esp if you like keeping fit but cannot be arsed to go for run/gym, as long as you dont take the calorie counter too serioulsy as i believe its unaccurate but that could be just me
    yeah tell me about it , the game said I burned 51,226 calories lol

http://www.psu.com/forums/threads/24...rance-Sparring

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    yeah tell me about it , the game said I burned 51,226 calories lol

http://www.psu.com/forums/threads/24...rance-Sparring

LOL if u did burn that amount of calories there wouldnt be anything left of you mate btw when you done that 225 round endurance sparring was that when your fighter was maxed up? my fighter is in his 40s for everything at the moment as ive only just got the game. I think i prefer to sports champions tho as im into boxing/martial arts more than bocce and disc golf lol

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by dinono10 View Post
    LOL if u did burn that amount of calories there wouldnt be anything left of you mate btw when you done that 225 round endurance sparring was that when your fighter was maxed up? my fighter is in his 40s for everything at the moment as ive only just got the game. I think i prefer to sports champions tho as im into boxing/martial arts more than bocce and disc golf lol
    I wasn't maxed out at that time but I am now, I don't remember what my skills was at but they was pretty high

Apprentice
    Onq, just had a look at a couple of your videos on youtube, the one on top darts, how do you get pseye to have such a good pic, mines rubbish, what sort of lighting you have? i have 4 x 50w spotlights on a rail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by brett_noonan View Post
    Onq, just had a look at a couple of your videos on youtube, the one on top darts, how do you get pseye to have such a good pic, mines rubbish, what sort of lighting you have? i have 4 x 50w spotlights on a rail

I just have a 23 watt fluorescent light bulb from above

make sure that the light isn't in the video because the camera adjust to the light , just remembered that you said you only played The Fight & Top Darts , The Fight Video is Black & White & Top Darts video is a little darker then the others for me ,

have you check the video in the XMB?
    Last edited by ONQ; 01-05-2011 at 23:51.

Apprentice
    I just adjusted all my spots to avoid cam and much improved, thanks, what video in xmb??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by brett_noonan View Post
    I just adjusted all my spots to avoid cam and much improved, thanks, what video in xmb??
    Accessory Settings > Camera Device Settings

or just start up video chat just to see how the video look

also you can download EyeCreate

Apprentice
    Will give these a go tomorrow, thanks again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    I have noticed it toning my arms and shoulders, but the guy in that video must okay alot to lose that much in a month!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    Long sessions of endurance sparring can definitely get the heart going and get you sweating. I went about 31 rounds straight without pausing the other night and I was soaked in sweat. I'm to the point now that no matter how long I play I'm not sore the next day so it's great.

There's a new patch in the works by the way. It's going to have more mini games for fitness and to get points for your fighter as well as some fixes.

Apprentice
    Best I have is 11 rounds, struggle with guard, they could do with a training game for different defensive techniques
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information