Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 189
  1. #151
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,546
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    16,482 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    My excuse is that my 80gig still works fine.
    Lucky lol. My 60gig seems to want to break every two months. The fan kicks on at full speed when I'm just browsing the net on it.


  2. #152
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Lucky lol. My 60gig seems to want to break every two months. The fan kicks on at full speed when I'm just browsing the net on it.
    Yeah my launch day 60gig only lasted about 10 months. lol

  3. #153
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    108,400 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
    Or maybe Microsoft is just that good at advertising and getting the word out.

    I worked with people who were convinced that they were paying for Live because they got dedicated servers for all their games. They used to always say I was crazy for playing Call of Duty on PS3 because I didn't have dedicated servers. The misinformation about PS3's online is deeply rooted in the average American gamer IMO. Microsoft played that perfectly, and profited on it in the meantime.
    It really is this. The misinformation about the PS3, it's online service and its features is RAMPANT in the US and it shows on a lot of the forums. Microsoft successfully blanketed the PS3 in FUD when it launched, the press played along and now the better machine has an unshakable black cloud around it.. At least in the US.

  4. #154
    gameplaya96
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Microsoft successfully blanketed the PS3 in FUD when it launched
    You can blame Sony for that since they were at it a year earlier:

    • "the Xbox 360 is more of an Xbox 1.5 than a next generation console"
    • "The current Xbox will become antiquated once the new machine comes out this November. When that happens, the Xbox will be killing itself. The only way to avoid that is to support 100 percent compatibility from its [Xbox 360's] launch date, but Microsoft won’t be able to commit to that."
    • "Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Shihan [karate master], and Microsoft is still not a black belt."
    • "Microsoft shoots for the moon. Sony shoots for the sun."


    Shouldn't give it if you can't take it.

  5. #155
    Super Elite
    cpitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,245
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    7,323 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplaya96 View Post
    You can blame Sony for that since they were at it a year earlier:

    • "the Xbox 360 is more of an Xbox 1.5 than a next generation console"
    • "The current Xbox will become antiquated once the new machine comes out this November. When that happens, the Xbox will be killing itself. The only way to avoid that is to support 100 percent compatibility from its [Xbox 360's] launch date, but Microsoft won’t be able to commit to that."
    • "Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Shihan [karate master], and Microsoft is still not a black belt."
    • "Microsoft shoots for the moon. Sony shoots for the sun."

    Shouldn't give it if you can't take it.

    All companies said some dumb stuff early on, the only ones i cant recall was nintendo. But didnt Microsoft Say that history have shown that the first console to break 10 million ends up being the dominant console with all the sales, how that go for them.

    Nothing wrong with not liking the ps3, seems like you are more of a multiplatform gamer in which case i would not recomend you a ps3 for that purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

  6. #156
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    108,400 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplaya96 View Post
    You can blame Sony for that since they were at it a year earlier:

    • "the Xbox 360 is more of an Xbox 1.5 than a next generation console"
    • "The current Xbox will become antiquated once the new machine comes out this November. When that happens, the Xbox will be killing itself. The only way to avoid that is to support 100 percent compatibility from its [Xbox 360's] launch date, but Microsoft won’t be able to commit to that."
    • "Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Shihan [karate master], and Microsoft is still not a black belt."
    • "Microsoft shoots for the moon. Sony shoots for the sun."


    Shouldn't give it if you can't take it.
    Eh. I'm just saying what is is. Besides, I can't really blame Sony for Americans being SUV driving Starbucks sippin change you can-be-believin' in ignoramuses.

    Microsoft knows America. You can put it on a shelf, but if you can't market it, it won't go. Americans want to feel like a part of something big, and 360 gave them that. Sony "felt" like the old guard to the consumer being rammed with 360 advertising, giveaways and Master Chief. That's how it's done. Sony's machine is the better machine, but it has probably about a third of the marketing budget. People here are fickle. They want Lady Gaga. A game isn't an epic game unless it sells well. They want Avatar, despite having seen Pocahontas already.

    I'm not mad, and I'm not pointing fingers. I'm laughing.
    Last edited by Lefein; 12-24-2010 at 00:54.

  7. #157
    gameplaya96
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cpitt View Post
    All companies said some dumb stuff early on
    Absolutely, but the criticism was raised of MS putting out FUD about the PS3 when it was actually Sony who started that in order to curb 360 sales whilst they scrambled to get their own console to market. All that nonsense about xbox 1.5, dual HDMI, 3x gigabit ethernet, eleventy million USB ports, etc, was designed to stimie 360 sales for the first year.


    But didnt Microsoft Say that history have shown that the first console to break 10 million ends up being the dominant console with all the sales, how that go for them.
    Was the 360 the first console this gen to do that? Assuming it was, they could only base predictions on the data available, there was no precedent for the Wii. Clearly that's a metric which can be discarded for the next generation.

    Nothing wrong with not liking the ps3, seems like you are more of a multiplatform gamer in which case i would not recomend you a ps3 for that purpose.
    It's not about me, it's about what most gamers buy and for the most part that's multiplatform games. Starting from scratch I'd buy the PS3 in preference to the 360, purely for free online multiplayer, though the wife is pushing hard to get the Kinect right now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Sony's machine is the better machine
    Sony's machine isn't the better machine, they've been bulldozed by the competition over and over, without its heritage PS3 would have been stillborn this gen.

  8. #158
    Veteran
    unicron7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,761
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,042 (0 Banked)
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplaya96 View Post
    Sony's machine isn't the better machine, they've been bulldozed by the competition over and over, without its heritage PS3 would have been stillborn this gen.
    Let the thread die if you're going to post comments like that. A bold, broad and false statement that holds no weight whatsoever, and has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
    Last edited by unicron7; 12-24-2010 at 02:59.


    I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

  9. #159
    Master Guru
    skulpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,886
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    7,715 (0 Banked)
    Sony doesn't give a crap as long as they hit their targets and continue to wipe the floor worldwide with their competition. While the 360 hasn't hit 12M once this generation, Sony is on target to hit 15M this year and had 13M last year.

    I agree that the PS3 could be doing better in the US, but Sony views sales worldwide. And the 360 at least here has HUGE sales. 5 store after Christmas are selling the 360 4gb model for $130. There have also been 4 game bundles with the 360s here. The US I guess is a different story.

    But I can only imagine what sort of sales the PS3 would have if they could offer their base model at $130 and have their top model at $299 with 4 games. They could probably hit 20M in a year. Throw in $500M in advertising? It would be scary.

  10. #160
    gameplaya96
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Let the thread die if you're going to post comments like that. A bold, broad and false statement that holds no weight whatsoever, and has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
    The mods are quite happily editing and deleting my posts without your input into what I can and cannot post


    The comparison was already made that Sony's machine is the WINNAR, I merely disagreed with that based on the evidence. Stop spamming the thread with your ad hominem complaints.

    Quote Originally Posted by skulpt View Post
    Sony doesn't give a crap as long as they hit their targets and continue to wipe the floor worldwide with their competition.
    Sony aren't wiping the floor with anyone, they're dead last and falling further behind in the US, for which this thread relates.
    Last edited by gameplaya96; 12-24-2010 at 03:56.

  11. #161
    Veteran
    unicron7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,761
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    7,042 (0 Banked)
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplaya96 View Post
    The mods are quite happily editing and deleting my posts without your input into what I can and cannot post
    The comparison was already made that Sony's machine is the WINNAR, I merely disagreed with that based on the evidence. Stop spamming the thread with your ad hominem complaints.
    Whatever bro. ... and you had no evidence to back your claim. Facts would state that both consoles are neck and neck world wide, and one has blatantly more features. That's why I think your point is void and useless. If it's your opinion, fine. But touting it as fact and pushing it onto people is garbage, and I'll call it as I see it.
    Last edited by unicron7; 12-24-2010 at 04:00.


    I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

  12. #162
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,384
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    118,637 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Facts would state that both consoles are neck and neck world wide,
    But he's only talking about NP..oh wait.

  13. #163
    Veteran
    edward_moffet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,186
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    13,092 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah my launch day 60gig only lasted about 10 months. lol
    My launch day 60gig is still going strong, no loud fan noise or anything.
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

  14. #164
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward_moffet View Post
    My launch day 60gig is still going strong, no loud fan noise or anything.
    Youre lucky. lol

  15. #165
    Christmas Thief
    Grinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    A little cave outside of Whooville
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,646
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    4,328 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by gameplaya96 View Post
    You can blame Sony for that since they were at it a year earlier:


    • "the Xbox 360 is more of an Xbox 1.5 than a next generation console"
    • "The current Xbox will become antiquated once the new machine comes out this November. When that happens, the Xbox will be killing itself. The only way to avoid that is to support 100 percent compatibility from its [Xbox 360's] launch date, but Microsoft won’t be able to commit to that."
    • "Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Shihan [karate master], and Microsoft is still not a black belt."
    • "Microsoft shoots for the moon. Sony shoots for the sun."



    Shouldn't give it if you can't take it.
    I forgot about some of those, thanks!

    Sony definitely backed off of the "smugness" they had going into the new generation when they realized they not only had some real competition but that the average gamer couldn't afford a $600 game machine.

  16. #166
    Veteran
    edward_moffet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,186
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    13,092 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Youre lucky. lol
    I think where you keep it and how you treat it has a lot to do with it. I took mine apart after the warranty ran out and cleaned out the dust that had accumulated (like I would with any electronic equipment that moves a lot of air, like a gaming PC) and I don't smoke around my ps3 (as smoke leaves a sticky residue and leads to more dust getting stuck inside your console) and I keep it in a completely open space.

    I've left it on for more than 24 hours, done long stints of gaming where I play for more than 6 hours, yadda yadda yadda, still works like a charm. If your console overheats so that the CPU or GPU gets fried its more than likely your fault in the case of the ps3, obviously if the bluray diode fails or something like that then that's just bad luck. This is what I've found in my experience.
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

  17. #167
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward_moffet View Post
    I think where you keep it and how you treat it has a lot to do with it. I took mine apart after the warranty ran out and cleaned out the dust that had accumulated (like I would with any electronic equipment that moves a lot of air, like a gaming PC) and I don't smoke around my ps3 (as smoke leaves a sticky residue and leads to more dust getting stuck inside your console) and I keep it in a completely open space.

    I've left it on for more than 24 hours, done long stints of gaming where I play for more than 6 hours, yadda yadda yadda, still works like a charm. If your console overheats so that the CPU or GPU gets fried its more than likely your fault in the case of the ps3, obviously if the bluray diode fails or something like that then that's just bad luck. This is what I've found in my experience.
    Oh please. What a load of crap. I take excellent care of my electronics and I dont smoke so dont give me any of that its "your fault" bs. The 60gig was known to have overheating issues. Obviously nowhere near RROD proportions but a certain percent did have issues. And sometimes you just get a lemon. And my 80gig has been running like a champ since day one. Just because you didnt have a problem with your 60gig doesnt mean the issue didnt exist or that its the fault of everybody who did have a problem.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-24-2010 at 08:33.

  18. #168
    Elite Member
    FinalEvangelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,857
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    2,978 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Whatever bro. ... and you had no evidence to back your claim. Facts would state that both consoles are neck and neck world wide, and one has blatantly more features. That's why I think your point is void and useless. If it's your opinion, fine. But touting it as fact and pushing it onto people is garbage, and I'll call it as I see it.
    Yep, and PS3 also had more software shipped than their competitor for the FY ending March 2010. It's no conspiracy or anything, but I feel this generation you sometimes have to separate the facts from what the US / English speaking gaming media is trying to make you believe.

    As far as PR statements go, I guess I really don't care too much or try to tally what each company says about the competition. It's all business as far as I'm concerned and the fanboys on either side take it more seriously than the executives do. Maybe I'm weird that way. I mainly care about what the companies are doing for me as a gamer. Frankly, right now, Sony is doing much more and MS isn't up to the task (for me personally) - which is why I don't own a 360 anymore.

  19. #169
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    17,869
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    167,959 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalEvangelion View Post
    Yep, and PS3 also had more software shipped than their competitor for the FY ending March 2010. It's no conspiracy or anything, but I feel this generation you sometimes have to separate the facts from what the US / English speaking gaming media is trying to make you believe.

    As far as PR statements go, I guess I really don't care too much or try to tally what each company says about the competition. It's all business as far as I'm concerned and the fanboys on either side take it more seriously than the executives do. Maybe I'm weird that way. I mainly care about what the companies are doing for me as a gamer. Frankly, right now, Sony is doing much more and MS isn't up to the task (for me personally) - which is why I don't own a 360 anymore.
    Does MS even give ou there software sales?

  20. #170
    gameplaya96
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    you had no evidence to back your claim.
    Which claim, that the mods are deleting posts, that Sony's machine isn't beating Microsoft's or Nintendo's machines, or that PS3 only survived its birth due to PS2 owners buying it on trust? Because there's a great deal of evidence for all of those things.

    Facts would state that both consoles are neck and neck world wide, and one has blatantly more features.
    Actually, one doesn't blatantly have more features than the other and were it not for the fact this thread has been declared a no-list zone, I'd demonstrate that to you. And good job in trying to make this, a thread about US price cuts, into a thread about world wide sales

  21. #171
    Veteran
    edward_moffet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,186
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    13,092 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Oh please. What a load of crap. I take excellent care of my electronics and I dont smoke so dont give me any of that its "your fault" bs. The 60gig was known to have overheating issues. Obviously nowhere near RROD proportions but a certain percent did have issues. And sometimes you just get a lemon. And my 80gig has been running like a champ since day one. Just because you didnt have a problem with your 60gig doesnt mean the issue didnt exist or that its the fault of everybody who did have a problem.
    I said more often or not, not every ps3 that ever failed was the owner's fault. Sheesh, don't get all hot and bothered, it is true that sometimes you do get a lemon, that's an inevitability no matter what you buy. I wasn't trying to say that the 60gb ps3 is some invincible piece of hardware and you're a completely irresponsible moron if you had one break on you. I was talking in reference to people who say things they've had like 3 go out on them in the span of two years and its usually because they keep it enclosed in an entertainment center or something stupid like that. No need to get so defensive, kay?

    By the way, I wasn't talking just in reference to my ps3 but friends who have had launch models as well and friends who have had launch models break on them.

    I'm tired of people getting super defensive. Seriously feels like you gotta tip toe around eggshells when you post on this forum sometimes, having to constantly reword and edit your posts so as not to offend anyone. There's a serious lack of respect and understanding here, and it ****ing sucks. Everyone pointing fingers and making assumptions that everyone else has some sort of agenda. I'm all for debate and lively discussions but only when there's a basic level of respect for the person you're debating/conversing with, otherwise whats the freaking point? If people assumed that others were generally reasonable, respectful folks rather than sneaky fanboys and trolls the atmosphere of this forum would be vastly improved. Remember, in the end, we're all gamers and all have the right to our individuality and opinion. (BTW this wasn't necessarily aimed solely at you Rad, I'm just speaking generally)
    Last edited by edward_moffet; 12-24-2010 at 12:43.
    I will say what needs to be said and take whatever consequences that carries.

  22. #172
    Dedicated Member
    dogg2k78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,287
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    129 (0 Banked)
    Kinect is something we have seen before.

    Playstation 2 with the eyetoy and the game Kinetic.

  23. #173
    Dedicated Member
    dogg2k78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,287
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    129 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    not the same price PS3 is $299 & $399 with move, Xbox 360 is $199 4GB , $299 250GB , $299 4GB with Kinect & $399 250GB with kinect



    sadly this is the truth when MS got into the console war they created a new league of fanboys that will claim everything the competition has isn't as good & they work at the stores & in the media.


    Blu-ray is bad DD is the future

    OMG Sony is trying to sell us a PSP with no UMD drive

    all of a sudden Gran Turismo isn't good enough


    Move is a copy of the wii

    Kinect is like nothing we have seen before


    but I guess Japan is the same way but I can't understand what they are saying or read what they type so I don't know 1st hand.

    but from what I see it's unreal how they can look at something that's good & try their best to make it look bad.
    Kinect is something we have seen before.

    Playstation 2 with the eyetoy and the game Kinetic.

  24. #174
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward_moffet View Post
    I said more often or not, not every ps3 that ever failed was the owner's fault. Sheesh, don't get all hot and bothered, it is true that sometimes you do get a lemon, that's an inevitability no matter what you buy. I wasn't trying to say that the 60gb ps3 is some invincible piece of hardware and you're a completely irresponsible moron if you had one break on you. I was talking in reference to people who say things they've had like 3 go out on them in the span of two years and its usually because they keep it enclosed in an entertainment center or something stupid like that. No need to get so defensive, kay?

    By the way, I wasn't talking just in reference to my ps3 but friends who have had launch models as well and friends who have had launch models break on them.

    I'm tired of people getting super defensive. Seriously feels like you gotta tip toe around eggshells when you post on this forum sometimes, having to constantly reword and edit your posts so as not to offend anyone. There's a serious lack of respect and understanding here, and it ****ing sucks. Everyone pointing fingers and making assumptions that everyone else has some sort of agenda. I'm all for debate and lively discussions but only when there's a basic level of respect for the person you're debating/conversing with, otherwise whats the freaking point? If people assumed that others were generally reasonable, respectful folks rather than sneaky fanboys and trolls the atmosphere of this forum would be vastly improved. Remember, in the end, we're all gamers and all have the right to our individuality and opinion. (BTW this wasn't necessarily aimed solely at you Rad, I'm just speaking generally)
    Yeah I know. Actually I wasn't angry or defensive. I always talk like that. lol On the internet its hard to convey where youre coming from sometimes because youre not face to face. And yeah I agree. Its hard to state an opinion on this forum if it doesn't fall in line with the popular one. If you do then youre called a troll or a fanboy with an agenda. Its too bad that this forum has been reduced to such a hostile atmosphere.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-24-2010 at 20:10.

  25. #175
    gameplaya96
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dogg2k78 View Post
    Kinect is something we have seen before.

    Playstation 2 with the eyetoy and the game Kinetic.
    The difference between Eyetoy and Kinect is much greater than the difference between Wii and Move.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.