Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru

WTH happened to konami?

they seem to have this don't care attitude when it comes to their games, surely mgs and pes can't save them alone. mgo is crap now, takes someone 10-15mins to jump in my game, the game hasn't been updated in a year and the only time ppl jump on is tournament! wth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake_PSN
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Don't know what the problem could be. Maybe they're making my wish come true by giving me an HD port (w/ trophies) of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. They don't want to rush Greatness, so they put everything else on the back burner.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Don't know what the problem could be. Maybe they're making my wish come true by giving me an HD port (w/ trophies) of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. They don't want to rush Greatness, so they put everything else on the back burner.
    yeah or working on mgs:r

but they need to keep their customers happy. Its very frustrating, when playing a game that is supposed to be a franchise have no online support. I don't think you do that. You hire more people, assign different stuff. What's up with mgo being a year old? No new maps, and its still 17.99?

I hope mgo3 is coming out. PLEASE. Because this is ridiculous. Don't get me started on PES its id free, but..
    The Playstation Blog guys are jerks. I just asked them what they were doing for lunch and they replied "We have no updates concerning lunch"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by floetry View Post
    they seem to have this don't care attitude when it comes to their games, surely mgs and pes can't save them alone. mgo is crap now, takes someone 10-15mins to jump in my game, the game hasn't been updated in a year and the only time ppl jump on is tournament! wth?
    Funny, you are discussing this as if it's a relatively new situation. Konami has been playing the "I don't care" attitude for over a decade now.
    Last edited by Bio; 12-22-2010 at 08:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Forum Guru
    pretty sure konami has the i don't give a flying **** attitude while they swim in Kojima's money pile

Superior Member
    i would play MGO but i forgot what my stupid konami id was. only played it once and liked it! the servers sucked too. i even remember the beta for it. you had to download a massive file and a big patch. after a whole day of downloading i had 3% or the massive file
    for metal gear rising i really hope kojima forces them to kop on

I'm a real boy!
    I don't know but the new DDR is a joke.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Funny, you are discussing this as if it's a relatively new situation. Konami has been playing the "I don't care" attitude for over a decade now.
    really? I liked their snes and ps2 games, mgs2&3 contra and gradius v mainly. They were decent good games. Now konai is not playable. even if its an aweome game that would normally be worth the 60 bucks is not worth even half because its released by konami, you're know your not going to get much support for it.

if konami wants to combat used game sales and piracy, they better step that sumb*tch up. this is ridiculous..andI used to think EA was bad! this is 20x worse than ea. At least ea is getting back on track
    Last edited by floetry; 12-22-2010 at 17:36.

I'm with Flo on this one..the lack of online support is why i stopped playing MGO. They make it so hard to do a lot of things through the MGO system..It's sad because MGO is so much fun! If i had the kind of money/time I would buy the servers for MGO from konami and run them my self lol.

Forum Guru
    I wish someone would buyout konami to be honest with you. they freakin' suck!

Apprentice
    konami= the old EA

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidghost View Post
    konami= the old EA
    Yup, they know how to make awesome games play and look like mediocre

Elite Member

I guess they moved on to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, which is an awesome game BTW.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    They are in bed with Nintendo atm, sadly.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    lol saved everything on mine, just haven't played mgo or mgs4 in like a year

Super Elite
    Konami does work on other things beside games, boycotting in games wont do anything.

I'm a real boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by rycexboi View Post
    Konami does work on other things beside games, boycotting in games wont do anything.
    IN the very least their corporate marketing department would notice a decline in game sales and assess the situation to determine what is the primary factor for such a trend.

TL;DR they would notice something is up.

Elite Member
    There's somethin' wrong with Konami now?...

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    really? I liked their snes and ps2 games, mgs2&3 contra and gradius v mainly. They were decent good games. Now konai is not playable. even if its an aweome game that would normally be worth the 60 bucks is not worth even half because its released by konami, you're know your not going to get much support for it.

if konami wants to combat used game sales and piracy, they better step that sumb*tch up. this is ridiculous..andI used to think EA was bad! this is 20x worse than ea. At least ea is getting back on track
    Cant really compare Konami then in the PSOne years to now PSone years where some of my best and them games Contra and Gradius where great games now it's all about ripping off the consumer with s**t poor looking games filled with bugs and no support. As for Konami being the new EA sorry Activision have that spot covered by far, Konami are like Capcom milk there well known franchises MGS and PES to death because they believe its them what will save them.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
    Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1 F8
    INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz (Stock)
    Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB 1866mhz DDR3 (1600mhz@1.60v)
    OS Storage: Crucial 128GB M4 SSD
    Spare Storage: SanDisk 128GB SSD, WD 1TB Blue 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up)
    HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card
    OCZ Fatality 750w Modular PSU

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    They are in bed with Nintendo atm, sadly.
    Uh... How about no?

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    Uh... How about no?
    How many games have they released on DS and Wii compared to PS3 and PSP?

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Elite

I LOVED MGO. LOVED IT. I have (had) all of the expansions but the last one. All because i forgot my Konami ID/MGO ID/passwords for both. Such a STUPID system.
    -52"LCD 1080p 120hz Philips,
    -PC= MSI motherboard / AMD Athlon 64x2 Duel Core 5000+ 2.61 GHz / 3 gigs ram / NVIDI GeForce 9500GT / Light scribe DVD burner drive / 750GB 7200RPM HDD
    -Playstation3= 250 GIG
    Custom LED lit DuelShock3SixAxis and 3 SixAxis controller

Veteran

SNES and most of the PS1 generation predates when Konami started going bad so I'm not really referring to that timeline. Also, MGS and PES aren't enough to eclipse the overall lack of presence they've made for themselves and with many of their franchises. DDR never evolved, and easily could have in so many obvious ways...even with fans demanding that it needed to happen. They tried shutting down their competitors with lawsuits and didn't even do much to evolve their own products afterwards (DDR vs. ITG, Guitar Freaks/Rock Revolution vs. Band games), MGO's account process was overly-complicated, still not much else they have to offer without PES and publishing for Kojima, etc.

I mean, they could easily do something retroactive like fully rebooting Gradius or something, but Konami has been in a standstill ever since the arcade era died, and they seem to be pretty content with that.
    Last edited by Bio; 12-24-2010 at 07:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi Uk View Post
    Cant really compare Konami then in the PSOne years to now PSone years where some of my best and them games Contra and Gradius where great games now it's all about ripping off the consumer with s**t poor looking games filled with bugs and no support. As for Konami being the new EA sorry Activision have that spot covered by far, Konami are like Capcom milk there well known franchises MGS and PES to death because they believe its them what will save them.
    then why isn't contra released?

Saying they're the new ea is not right, you're right about that. At least ea makes ports. konami is so lazy, they release a game for qtr and done with it No anticipated sequels. Just sh*t.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    How many games have they released on DS and Wii compared to PS3 and PSP?
    Even if Wii/DS have gotten more games, it's about quality, not quantity. At least PS3 & PSP have gotten or is getting some REAL efforts like MGS4, MGS: Peace Walker, Castlevania: LoS & MGS: Rising (and probably whatever Kojima is working on next) whereas Wii has gotten the Z-tier Castlevania Judgements and whatnot. Let's compare, I'll list games I think are at least half-decent for each of those platforms. First PSP vs. DS

PSP
    Metal Gear Ac!d
    Metal Gear Ac!d 2
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
    Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
    Silent Hill Origins
    Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    GOOD Pro Evolution Soccer games
    (Suikoden I & II ports, though only in Japan )

DS
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
    Lunar Knights
    Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
    Contra 4
    Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
    Suikoden Tierkreis

(+ ****tons of anime-shovelware-crap (though Konami has probably just published most of them, not developed in-house or in any kind of close relationship with devs)

All-in-all, they have released 29 games for PSP, 58 games for DS.

As far as quality goes, this would almost be a tie if it were not for the ever-diminishing budgets for DS's Castlevania games (which has lead to cheap level design and 99% re-used assets in too many games), Suikoden Tierkreis not being up to par with the best Suikoden games and MGA 1 & 2 + Peace Walker being for PSP. So this would have to go for PSP, in my mind, since it has gotten the bigger & better games, even though the DS saw twice as many games. I doubt many of those are worth giving a **** about.

Then, PS3 vs. Wii:

PS3
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
    Silent Hill: Homecoming (yeah, not nearly as good as Konami's own SH games, but it's not a bad game at all)

Wii
    Kororinpa 2
    Dewy's Adventures
    Pro Evolution Soccer series

All-in-all, by this date they have released 18 games for PS3, 17 for Wii. So they've actually published MORE games for PS3 (albeit, it's only ONE more :P) and they do have some yet-to-come games coming for it too (Rising and possibly Kojima's game). Don't know if there's anything note-worthy coming from Konami for Wii next year?

Quality-wise, there's really nothing noteworthy for Wii from Konami except for Pro Evolution Soccer, which are actually quite good and offer a slightly different way of playing PES games from the "normal" PS3/Xbox 360 versions. Kororinpa 2 & Dewy's Adventures are nice but nothing too special.

While their presence on the PS3 market hasn't been that big either, at least they've published two big names for PS3, MGS4 and Castlevania: LoS.

So... yeah, unless you REALLY value all those dirt-cheap shovelware anime games of DS, then no, Konami HASN'T been in bed with Nintendo and that is not the cause of their crappy performance or anything. If you count out the utter shovelware, then the number of at least half decent games is roughly the same, with Sony's platforms getting the bigger efforts while DS & Wii have had to settle for some more niche games.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Thread Information