Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Updating via USB

So I'm getting a PS3 tomorrow and instead of updating it for ages through the system itself, I've downloaded the update to my PC but where do I copy it to? Do I still need to create the folder 'PS3' then 'UPDATE' or just on the root? I think they updated it so you just put it on the root but cant remember.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Guru
    Create a "X:\PS3\UPDATE\" directory in your USB drive, copy the PS3 firmware to the "X:\PS3\UPDATE\" folder, and you're good to go. "X:" is just an example of the USB drive letter.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I mixed it up with UT3 mods, you used to have to make a specific folder for it but they updated it so you only had to put it at the root.

Thanks anyway, got my old 500GB into it and updated to 3.55 - loving the Slim!

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Thread Information