Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Master Poster
    Apocalypse-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    http://www.alandablogger.co.uk
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,267
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    10,667 (0 Banked)

    I don't believe this...

    Ok so, i got this sweet *** 3D surround sound Gaming headset/headphones as part of my Christmas presents. It connects via USB.

    However, i came to realise that you can't direct Game audio through USB?! The voice works fine, but i'm not worried about hearing peoples voice in full 3D, surround sound, i wanted to play some Black Ops or other games with my new Gaming headset.

    I only game a little on the PC, actually rarely, so these are pretty much useless, and they're awesome...

    This is really annoying, Sony should address that pretty swiftly.

    Anyone else know about this or feel it should be sorted?

  2. #2
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,222
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    22,376 (0 Banked)
    It's well known that the PS3 Game Audio goes only out the Audio Ports (HDMI, Digital Optical, and Stereo RCA.) And that the Voice Chat is supported over either BlueTooth or USB. There are several headsets that support the surround sound decode over digital optical and the voice chat over USB.

    The PS3 has been this way since it's inception 4yrs ago and nobody has come forward to say this is a big deal. So, no I don't think it's an issue at all and Sony doesn't need to anything about it.


    Fanboy terminology removed. ~Ixion
    Last edited by Ixion; 12-29-2010 at 08:07.



  3. #3
    Master Poster
    Apocalypse-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    http://www.alandablogger.co.uk
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,267
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    10,667 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    It's well known that the PS3 Game Audio goes only out the Audio Ports (HDMI, Digital Optical, and Stereo RCA.) And that the Voice Chat is supported over either BlueTooth or USB. There are several headsets that support the surround sound decode over digital optical and the voice chat over USB.

    The PS3 has been this way since it's inception 4yrs ago and nobody has come forward to say this is a big deal. So, no I don't think it's an issue at all and Sony doesn't need to anything about it.


    Fanboy terminology removed. ~Ixion
    Cheers mate. Obviously my mum and dad didn't know this.

  4. #4
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10,055
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    43,954 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    More excuse to game on the PC what can only be a good thing!

  5. #5
    Master Poster
    Apocalypse-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    http://www.alandablogger.co.uk
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,267
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    10,667 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    More excuse to game on the PC what can only be a good thing!
    Haha indeed it is You got steam by the way?

  6. #6
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,938
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,481 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

  7. #7
    Master Poster
    Apocalypse-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    http://www.alandablogger.co.uk
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,267
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    10,667 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Looks something like that, same specs on it Why?

  8. #8
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,938
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    63,481 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There is a thread here about them and many persons said its for PS3 I told them its not yet they persisted and anyoen that thought t wasnt for PS3 was being silly.

    Hook them up to your PC and tell us what you think of them in various games.

  9. #9
    Elite Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    10,055
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    43,954 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse- View Post
    Haha indeed it is You got steam by the way?
    Of course I have buddy
    Add me. Tag is iFilth


    Stupid Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Apprentice
    a_stray_bullet10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    23
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    511 (0 Banked)
    Should've gotten the Turtle Beach PX21

  11. #11
    Dedicated Member
    Byuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,353
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    1,047 (0 Banked)
    you could always do what i do:

    Switch your PS3 into dual audio mode or at least to output sound through the RCA cable.

    Connect the red and white RCA into a RCA > 3.5mm jack converter

    Plug it into the microphone port of your PC

    Go into microphone settings on your PC and select the "Listen to microphone" box

    And enjoy using your preferred sound device to output the sound coming from your PS3

    This is what i do in order to use my wireless headset or my surround sound speakers to output my PS3 sound, works like a charm.

  12. #12
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    614 (0 Banked)
    i got the exact same problem!

  13. #13
    Master Poster
    Apocalypse-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    http://www.alandablogger.co.uk
    Age
    20
    Posts
    3,267
    Rep Power
    57
    Points
    10,667 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuu View Post
    you could always do what i do:

    Switch your PS3 into dual audio mode or at least to output sound through the RCA cable.

    Connect the red and white RCA into a RCA > 3.5mm jack converter

    Plug it into the microphone port of your PC

    Go into microphone settings on your PC and select the "Listen to microphone" box

    And enjoy using your preferred sound device to output the sound coming from your PS3

    This is what i do in order to use my wireless headset or my surround sound speakers to output my PS3 sound, works like a charm.
    Oh my god you genius.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.