Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy_ View Post
    I've never heard of it, Thanks for sharing the info. And yes DT Sure is a good thread!
    Yeah! Although since you are more about bodybuilding, it may not be a great thing for you. There is more focus on cardio and flexibility exercises than weight training.

Also what about supplements? I'm interested in what you guys use!

The Godless Heathen
    Well for one once that other side has become accustom to exercising and caught up to the other side it will be stronger and bigger than the other side then youl be out of proportion and back to square one, Also You'll screw up your abs because during every lift your core is activated. When you have one side weaker than the other try to do indiviugual exercises for that section of your body, i.e you exercise your chest dont do Barbell Press try too do dumbell press or cables. Something that works them muscle indivugualy. What I'd say do which worked for me when I had chest problems is Stretch the hell out of your back and chest after a workout. I aim for 3-4 times a week minimum. This can be static stretching, but I find that yoga helps to create better flexability in the muscles, even them out and make them a hell of a lot firmer and stronger.

For chest exercises I say stick with a bar and train for strength with reps of 6-8. Any less will cause the stronger side to take over and any more will cause growth which can lead to a greater imbalance. Don't go to failure the bigger side takes over once again.

Cable crossovers with only one side works well. Just do a crossover with the left hand and then the right hand.

Well of course there is, It will tone your abs for one.. If your have a good diet set up it will help burn fat on your tummy a lot better although jogging is the best fat burner in my experience.
    ah cool.
    but what if i don't really work till failure rather do the wights at higher intensity then will working one side more than the other be a problem ? as I'm only taking one side to failure & the other side is quite bigger(right arm) than the other arm(left arm) or the fact still stands about the overall imbalance being created.

also since the p90x topic cropped up again i'll tell you guys about my experience with it not that i've practiced the whole thing but i tried doing the yoga dvd thinking that it might be a little calmer then ab ripper x(which is what i did prior to trying the yoga) but man was it intense & a bit too much if you ask me.(i was like wtf isn't yoga supposed to be calming & **** ?)

@ F34R keep us updated on how that goes

also anyone jump rope ?
    i do it by-weekly as my ankles start to kill me , but in retrospect its all ways worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketehps3 View Post
    Yeah! Although since you are more about bodybuilding, it may not be a great thing for you. There is more focus on cardio and flexibility exercises than weight training.

Also what about supplements? I'm interested in what you guys use!
    i personally don't like using supplements , i take lentil's for my protein needs & eat my veggies most of the time but the only thing i do supplement for is calcium as i don't fancy drinking milk all the time & that's kind of my only source of calcium because i'm a lacto-vegetarian(because i live in India & my family is hindu(not me my family.)).
    Last edited by MentallyCritical; 01-07-2011 at 11:25.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Outside of my normal diet, I take 2 "Megamen Power Vitamins" a day. One at breakfast, another late at night prior to bed. Along with a protein shake (for each).

Eat healthy, ingest alot of protein. I drink tons of milk.. Massive amounts.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 01-07-2011 at 11:38.

Apprentice
    [QUOTE=iliketehps3;5335890]

Also what about supplements? I'm interested in what you guys use![/QUOTE]

If your trying to put on some muscle mass, I'd use this protein shake called ON whey. Great stuff, and fills in whatever protein you couldn't fill in w/ regular good foods. Multi-vitamins are ok i guess, but i'm to cheap to buy them, lol

If your trying to loose some fat, I use the ^above shake/cardio/lifting/regular GOOD food.
    If you want to use supplements, go right ahead they're absolutly fine as long as you dont use them as your sole source of nutriton. ALWAYS get in the healthy stuff like veggies & what not & you'll be set.

Forum Guru
    A couple of good posts above. You don't need to worry about any kind of supplements other than a multi-daily and an additional protein source, especially in a Pr/Po-workout shake (particularly on weight training days).

Like I mentioned above, in addition to providing nutrients, certain foods require more energy to convert into usable basics, so always go to whole grains vs. processed for example. For the most part healthy eating is also conducive to weight loss (or management). A good balance of [healthy] carbs, lean protein, health fats, plenty of "dark green" foods (broccoli, greens, etc.), "orange" foods (salmon, sweet potatoes, etc.).

What you want is a body that *needs* plenty of food, because that means it's firing on all cylinders!
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

Superior Member
    I was thinking about using ON. Saw it in GNC but it so so damn expensive for only eight servings.
    I have a Mega Men sport Multivitamin that i take, i have some basic GNC whey protein (got from friend), I have Ultimate Nutritions Iso Mass Xtreme gainer, and some Advocare post workout recovery (got as gift). In the end what I do is just mix like a third of a serving from each kind. Too many supplements lol.

I also have a pre workout called Jack3d. Crazy stuff. I don't like to take it more than once or twice a week.

And yes, along with all the supplements I make smart decisions with my eating

Apprentice
    ^GNC is definatly expensive and i had to learn that the hard way

I'd skip them & try the vitamin shoppe or go to bodybuilding.com, the ON whey is less than $25 at these places.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    I've been doing PT nonstop for the past 5 years. Running a couple miles every other day with about 50 push ups/50 sit ups. I'll lift weights occasionally. I'm about 5' 7" and stay at about 165lbs-180lbs. I fluctuate like crazy, depending on the time of the year. I have friends that just started using P90X and that stuff works!!!! It's not a drug or anything nuts like that. Just pure kick your butt workout. They have gotten ripped and lost tons of weight. I am tempted to start the program. I understand it will be brutal, but the results outweigh the pain in my eyes. First program I have ever seen with my own eyes to actually work.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Superior Member
    My mum just got me this http://www.weetabix.co.uk/products/c...alpen-original
    would you say this would be a healthy breakfast with skimmed milk?
    

The Godless Heathen
    idk mate if it tastes decent then maybe its worth a go other than that it hasn't got anything that a regular breakfast cereal doesn't have.
    I personally prefer oat meals(takes time to get used to.) or kellogs cornflakes with double toned milk(which in my opinion is better than skimmed milk.).

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Quote Originally Posted by HD_GAMER View Post
    My mum just got me this http://www.weetabix.co.uk/products/c...alpen-original
    would you say this would be a healthy breakfast with skimmed milk?
    Its not bad, though muesli normally has high sugar content. I just make oats and throw in a few things here and there (cinnamon, applesauce, apples, blueberries, banana etc). Gives you a bit more control over your macros if you care about that stuff. If you're trying to cut (lose fat), just pay attention to the tried and true cal in-cal out.

With the whole sit-ups thing, incorporate it into a full ab routine (exercise it like you would any other muscle) or part of a circuit. My belief is abs are made in the kitchen, get your nutrition sorted first and foremost.

As far as my workout/exercise goes, MMA/BJJ training started back up so thats been my main focus. Just alot of endurance work, mostly bodyweight exercises. Recently started doing yoga too, and for what I thought was just a "chick's thing" absolutely killed me.

PSN: Hohjirozame

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Carcharias View Post
    Its not bad, though muesli normally has high sugar content. I just make oats and throw in a few things here and there (cinnamon, applesauce, apples, blueberries, banana etc). Gives you a bit more control over your macros if you care about that stuff. If you're trying to cut (lose fat), just pay attention to the tried and true cal in-cal out.

With the whole sit-ups thing, incorporate it into a full ab routine (exercise it like you would any other muscle) or part of a circuit. My belief is abs are made in the kitchen, get your nutrition sorted first and foremost.

As far as my workout/exercise goes, MMA/BJJ training started back up so thats been my main focus. Just alot of endurance work, mostly bodyweight exercises. Recently started doing yoga too, and for what I thought was just a "chick's thing" absolutely killed me.

After i finish this box ill probably just buy a box of oats. Thanks +Rep
    Last edited by HD_GAMER; 01-08-2011 at 15:56. Reason: mistake
    

ComplyOrDie!
    Quote Originally Posted by MentallyCritical View Post
    ah cool.
    but what if i don't really work till failure rather do the wights at higher intensity then will working one side more than the other be a problem ? as I'm only taking one side to failure & the other side is quite bigger(right arm) than the other arm(left arm) or the fact still stands about the overall imbalance being created.

also since the p90x topic cropped up again i'll tell you guys about my experience with it not that i've practiced the whole thing but i tried doing the yoga dvd thinking that it might be a little calmer then ab ripper x(which is what i did prior to trying the yoga) but man was it intense & a bit too much if you ask me.(i was like wtf isn't yoga supposed to be calming & **** ?)

@ F34R keep us updated on how that goes

also anyone jump rope ?
    i do it by-weekly as my ankles start to kill me , but in retrospect its all ways worth it.

i personally don't like using supplements , i take lentil's for my protein needs & eat my veggies most of the time but the only thing i do supplement for is calcium as i don't fancy drinking milk all the time & that's kind of my only source of calcium because i'm a lacto-vegetarian(because i live in India & my family is hindu(not me my family.)).
    No matter what you do or try training one side of your body more than the other will result in what I stated further above, If you just keep training eventually your weaker side will be balanced with your other. My chest was the same, I kept at it and now its all good.

I have 3/4 Protein shakes a day, Usually REFELEX/MET-RX/ Or My-Protein. I take L-Glutamine, HMB, Omega 3's Oats And a daily top up of Glucose..

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Alright I dunno if anyone can answer this question, but I'll give it a shot.

So I workout about 3-4 times a week actively, and at one point I started to use protein drinks. Well I noticed that I started to get real bad acne from them, and it completely destroyed my neck. Well I wasn't sure that they came from the drinks so I started again, and again came the acne. Anyone know why this happened? Is there some special ingredient that I could be allergic to?

Learn to do signatures here

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post

So I workout about 3-4 times a week actively, and at one point I started to use protein drinks. Well I noticed that I started to get real bad acne from them, and it completely destroyed my neck. Well I wasn't sure that they came from the drinks so I started again, and again came the acne. Anyone know why this happened? Is there some special ingredient that I could be allergic to?
    Increased testosterone. When you work out your testosterone levels rise and it causes acne.
    That would be my guess, but since you said the shakes causes them I don't know. Maybe the drink helped your body produce more testosterone? Also, I think an allergic reaction would cause a rash or bumps but not true zits.
    Last edited by iliketehps3; 01-08-2011 at 18:30.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Yeah it really isn't acne, but its very similar. But thanks for the input man, appreciate it.

ComplyOrDie!
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post

your body is responding to the higher portein intake in conclusion causing minor acne usually on the back or face. Plus when you work out testostrone increases, so does the sebaceous glands in your skin, which produces the oil and what not. Plus maybe your protein intake is too high, Which in most cases people will either pee or crap it out but in other cases your body reacts to being over fed there for causing problems.

The Godless Heathen
    No matter what you do or try training one side of your body more than the other will result in what I stated further above, If you just keep training eventually your weaker side will be balanced with your other. My chest was the same, I kept at it and now its all good.

I have 3/4 Protein shakes a day, Usually REFELEX/MET-RX/ Or My-Protein. I take L-Glutamine, HMB, Omega 3's Oats And a daily top up of Glucose..
    mmkay then, thanks

ComplyOrDie!
    no problem pal.

Master Guru
    Alright thanks for the info. Rep in both ways.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    btw...
    Quote Originally Posted by MentallyCritical View Post
    since no one is ever on this forums i guess its all me.

so i recently realized that i was doing the hiit training by the wrong 2:1 ratio , i feel really stupid now i was doing 2:1-Rest:Work ratio although its the other way around.Also my legs are aching like a mofo due too all the jump rope i've been doing without much break.

so anyone still working out or am i alone now ?
    A session of say 20 secs jogging/fast walking - 10 secs of hard sprinting is actually the more common type of HIIT. Just don't let your rest period get too long (like over a minute or two). IMO a session of 10 seconds off 20 seconds on would be insane, considering its 20 seconds of "going close to your maximum" - a 10 second rest wouldn't be adequate enough for you to continue that pace. If you could do a whole session you're either a) really fit and kudos to you; or b) not going hard enough. Honestly, if you've seen results with your current ratio, I see no point in changing it. If its getting easier, extend the length of time (so go from 10 secs 'on' to 15 and 20 seconds 'off' to 30 etc...).

PSN: Hohjirozame

The Godless Heathen
    well i actually started doing hiit on your recommendation at the pace of 1:2 run:slow walk (don't know if ya remember.)But then i saw a vid that said the intensity should be 2:1 run:rest(slow pace) & just tried it without giving it much thought & ended up doing about 5 minutes with 10 reps - 20 seconds 14.5 km/h : 10 seconds of 6 km/h.i used to do 20 seconds 6 km/hr : 10 seconds 12 km/hr which was intense until recently it was kinda getting easier to do.

so now i do do at least 5-8 minutes - 20 seconds 14.5 km/h : 10 seconds of 6 km/h in every workout session(also do consider that my treadmill isn't very quick responding i have to press 6km/h 5 seconds before i want to stop).(have done it 5-6 time only) i still sorta run out of breath between reps but it eventually pans out.i think i have gotten lot more healthier over the past year as well so that might be helping me too as i've gone from 95kg last year to 74kg today.

let me know if thats too much or if i am overdoing it.

Super Elite
    Working on reaching my goal of 185lbs by sometime this year. However, I hear rumors that doing cardio/lifting on an empty stomach burns more calories overall. It seems a bit unreasonable and illogical, but can someone give me their imput on this rumor?
    R.I.P Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian. Forever 'mirin, brah. (1989 - 2011)

Starting weight: 320lbs. (145kg) | GOAL WEIGHT: 180lbs. (79kg) | Current weight: 199lbs. (90kg)

PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't recommend you do that at all. It leads to extreme weakness and shaking, I've been there a few times myself.

It's very important to have food in your stomach when you do this stuff.

The Godless Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by iLake View Post
    Working on reaching my goal of 185lbs by sometime this year. However, I hear rumors that doing cardio/lifting on an empty stomach burns more calories overall. It seems a bit unreasonable and illogical, but can someone give me their imput on this rumor?
    it might help it a little bit but not much & you'll just have to eat more after the workout as you will be demolished(if you actually do a decent to hardcore workout.) or if you can't handle it you'll end up much like the situation Vulg described there.

Thread Information