Page 25 of 74 FirstFirst ... 152535 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post
    Just because you don't agree with a someone's decisions, doesn't make them dumb. He knew the consequences and what he was getting himself into.

People who do inject and take enhancers, could say to people who don't 'Your dumb for not using it'. A smoker could say to someone who doesn't smoke 'If you don't smoke, your dumb'.

Everybody has a different goal in life. Some people don't want to live a long and boring life working at a cubical 9-5 and actually wants to have fun and be adventurous but the people who don't, shouldn't be judging the people who do.

It's their lives and let them live whichever way they choose. There isn't a 'How to live life' rule book.
    Wait, let me get this straight. You only say he's dumb for injecting after the needle fell on the ground? Sorry, but its just plain dumb to inject something like that in your body that can kill you. Not only that, but even after you see what its doing, and then continue to do it. I'm sorry but that is just plain stupid. That is what you call abuse. Would you place a loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger? No, unless you wanna die. If you don't then its plain stupid and dumb. What was his goal? To be Mr. Olympia? No way in hell no one would let him on a stage when its clear he's been abusing drugs for years. You're right, we all have goals and if his was to look like a total dumbass, he accomplished it.

Your post is exactly what a person on steroids would say. They always get defensive and try to justify.(not saying you are on them)I've always said the best and worst thing about steroids is that they work. You may increase your muscle size and have a better physique but you also take a chance on $#@!ing up your organs. Believe me, I know because two of my friends died from multiple organ failure from steroid use. One was 26 and the other was 28 years old. I hate to say it but they were dumb. Even after they were told what could happen ,they continued to use. I will take a long and boring life any day over dying that way.

Yeah count my out of using that stuff.
    Also i did my workout today and yesterday and the day before! I know Monday and today I thought 'Oh I can just skip this'. But I didn't and I feel better that I didn't skip. Added a little weight but it wasn't as tough as I thought which is good.
    Yea, no need to take chances with stuff like that. Its ok to do supplements and maybe even experiment a bit with different type of things but to just flat out abuse something is a totally different story. Listen to your body's warning signs. That's a clear indication that something isn't good for you.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-08-2011 at 03:44.

Forum Guru
    There's a good documentary on Valentino:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0785028/

Some crazy graphic stuff in it (I think it's also posted on Youtube, I saw it one night on TLC/Disco/etc...), it's The Man Whose Arms Exploded ... great and appropriate title.
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

Power Member
    Lol I started a huge tangent with just an image.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Lol I started a huge tangent with just an image.
    Yep...and to think that someone would actually defend what he did is beyond me.

Power Member
    I definitely don't approve of his actions either.

Super Elite
    Just because you don't agree with a someone's decisions, doesn't make them dumb. He knew the consequences and what he was getting himself into.

People who do inject and take enhancers, could say to people who don't 'Your dumb for not using it'. A smoker could say to someone who doesn't smoke 'If you don't smoke, your dumb'.

Everybody has a different goal in life. Some people don't want to live a long and boring life working at a cubical 9-5 and actually wants to have fun and be adventurous but the people who don't, shouldn't be judging the people who do.

It's their lives and let them live whichever way they choose. There isn't a 'How to live life' rule book.
    Injecting steroids is dumb. Smoking is dumb. Using Heroine is dumb. Etcetera. No exceptions.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

Elite Sage
    To you and most of the public, it would be dumb but what makes something dumb? If it can kill you, then it's dumb? Electrical shocks can kill you so does that mean using electricity is dumb?

I'm not justifying Valentino's actions, he was aware that he was just compensating for his height and he had problems. He said to many people that all throughout HS, he hated being the shortest kid in his grade and in the football team. I know he's a steroid abuser but that doesn't mean he and what he's doing is dumb. And he said on The Tyra Banks Show that he looked ugly and disgusting. Taking steroids and harmful supplements is one thing, steroid abuse is another.

I would definitely die young, with a good physique, happy and adventurous life then and old guy with pissing problems, economic problems (let's face it, this planet isn't getting any better), knowing I barely had any fun and barely able to walk up stairs. What's the point of living if your just going to live for the future? What happens if your whole life you have been playing it safe, working in a cubical, been with one girl all your life, telling yourself that if you work had now, my life will be 100x time better when I'm older and retired and still young at the moment but then, unexpectedly, your in a hospital bed and the doctor tells you that you have cancer and your going to die in couple months? Believe it or not, this happens to millions of people and if I was one of them, I'd definitely be pissed.
    You are saying that you would rather die young from steroid abuse than a natural death. You've got some issues. All this bodybuilding stuff has gone straight to your head.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-08-2011 at 14:50.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    How I feel after working biceps:

Learn to do signatures here

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You are saying that you would rather die young from steroid abuse than a natural death. You've got some issues. All this bodybuilding stuff has gone straight to your head.
    I agree with him to an extent. It's like that famous Braveheart quote:

"Every man dies, but not every man lives".

If someone wants to live fast and die young, then that's their choice. However, you have to think about your family as well.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    True. It's not the amount of years you had in your life, it's the amount of life you had in your years. A good example of this would be the dude in x6teens avatar, Zyzz. The dude was a normal skinny kid, until he started working out and taking steroids. The kid became rich and world famous, but died very very young because of the steroids he took. The thing is, he had a choice; live long and die like a normal guy, or live a short life but die on the top of the world. He chose the latter.

Learn to do signatures here

11. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    True. It's not the amount of years you had in your life, it's the amount of life you had in your years. A good example of this would be the dude in x6teens avatar, Zyzz. The dude was a normal skinny kid, until he started working out and taking steroids. The kid became rich and world famous, but died very very young because of the steroids he took. The thing is, he had a choice; live long and die like a normal guy, or live a short life but die on the top of the world. He chose the latter.
    I'm sorry but dying at the age of 22 is not living much. He will only be known for how he died and not how he lived. Just another person who didn't have a clue as to what he was getting himself into by injecting steroids.. You play with fire...you get burned. He didn't choose to die that way. He just underestimated the negative effects of steroids. Dying that way is not going out on top of the world. Its pretty dumb and selfish. Like I said before, the best thing about steroids is that they work. They will help give you that body you want and they will also kill you.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-08-2011 at 22:55.

Elite Sage

Aziz accomplished things in 5 years that normal people wouldn't in their whole life.
    wait, so he wasn't normal? I think he was quite normal. The steroids proved that.
    Ixion is right by saying "if someone wants to live fast and die young, then that's their choice.". Just because you don't have the same perspective as others, that doesn't mean they're dumb. I could say your dumb for not agreeing with me.
    You can say that about most people. Just because you don't bodybuild it doesn't mean that you have a boring life. I'd rather be alive and miserable than be dead and happy any day. If you use steroids and ignore what they can do to you, then you are quite dumb. Just like drinking all day and getting behind the wheel to drive is just dumb....or do you call that living life to it fullest too? Aziz was just a kid who was in over his head. I'm sure he was told what could happen but he ignored it. So its no surprise that he died at a young age. No need to sugar coat it. he did a dumb thing.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-09-2011 at 02:59.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I'd rather be alive and miserable than be dead and happy any day.
    It's not about being "dead and happy". We're all going to die. It's about what you do while alive. Not simply staying alive.

Just like drinking all day and getting behind the wheel to drive is just dumb....or do you call that living life to it fullest too?
    Taking steroids is not the same as drunk-driving, since you're not putting the lives of everyone around you at risk.
    Last edited by Ixion; 12-09-2011 at 04:02.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    It's not about being "dead and happy". We're all going to die. It's about what you do while alive. Not simply staying alive.
    You're right, we are all going to die. So why speed up the process. Would you say the same about a person using heroin or some other drug that can kill you? Its no different. Steroids use is just as dangerous and in some cases even more dangerous because of its psychological effects.

Taking steroids is not the same as drunk-driving, since you're not putting the lives of everyone around you at risk.
    They are similar because they both are reckless actions which shows a lack of concern for consequences. They both could lead to unnecessary death. Would you ride in a car when you know the driver is drunk? No, unless you wanna take a chance on dying. Steroids is the same because you never know how your body/organs are gonna react.

Instead of the continued use of steroids, Zyzz could of done more good by taking his knowledge and experience and used that to educate people about the dangers of the drugs.(like that hypocrite Arnold in your avatar items) We can't play favorites. If we call people who overdose on recreational drugs stupid, then people who die from steroid use are also stupid because 99% of them are well aware what the consequences could be. The big mistake that some steroid users make is that they pay too much attention to the outside of their body's and neglect whats inside...what good are nice muscles when your organs are slowly failing. I'm sure there were warning sings but he chose to ignore them. That's the price you pay when you put how you look over your health.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-09-2011 at 05:22.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    You're right, we are all going to die. So why speed up the process.
    Quality over quantity? Some people would rather live life on the edge and die young, than live for 90 years by the status quo.

But again, I only agree with this notion to an extent, since that person's family will most likely be hurt. If they have no family though.....GO NUTS!

Super Elite
    How does lack of muscles translate into "boring life?" Suicide is dumb. It doesn't matter how you justify "we all gotta die some day."

Also, in case anyone forgot, you can gain a great body without steroids. I workout 7 days a week and have a great body. Steroids are for the lazy and stupid.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 12-09-2011 at 05:26.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    How does lack of muscles translate into "boring life?" Suicide is dumb. It doesn't matter how you justify "we all gotta die some day."

Also, in case anyone forgot, you can gain a great body without steroids. I workout 7 days a week and have a great body. Steroids are for the lazy and stupid.
    exactly.... You can achieve it with out steroids. The person they are describing seemed to have a a great physique but he was unhealthy because of what he was putting inside his body. Every time he took steroids he increased his risk of cardiovascular disease. One thing I know about pro bodybuilders who use steroids is that they see a doctor on a regular basis to get their heart and liver checked. If they didn't you would see more deaths throughout the sport.

For example, Flex Wheeler had to give it up because the steroids almost killed him by $#@!ing up his kidneys. He would of died without that transplant. It took something like that for him to finally admit that he did steroids for most of his adult life.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-09-2011 at 06:50.

El Presidente
    Quality over quantity? Some people would rather live life on the edge and die young, than live for 90 years by the status quo.

But again, I only agree with this notion to an extent, since that person's family will most likely be hurt. If they have no family though.....GO NUTS!
    Livin big!

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Super Elite
    Wouldn't doing something even after knowing the dangers make you even stupider?...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Livin big!

Skydiving is actually very safe though.

At least for the regular customers. There's only a few deaths each year, which usually are from trainers who are pushing the limits.
    Last edited by Ixion; 12-09-2011 at 17:17.

El Presidente
    Skydiving is actually very safe though.

At least for the regular customers. There's only a few deaths each year, which usually me from trainers who are pushing the limits.
    I would skydive if I could. Because if the parachute failed I would be done. No pain, no surgery just done. Plus I'd die with the adrenaline pumping and an awesome view from up there.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Elite Sage
    You're saying all this as if the user isn't aware of the consequences. If anyone does take steroids, they most likely know the side effects but obviously either don't care or have something psychological going on so it's not like what happens after will be a surprise.

Aziz did all his research before putting anything in his body and he didn't want to live a long life and there are many other considerably young users who are the same. Btw, he already had an undiagnosed congenital heart disease and his mum is a cardiologist.

The only thing you and Inzane are doing is stating your opinions as facts.
    That would make him even dumber than i thought. The steroids was a major factor in his death. No need to make excuses.....You said he didn't want to live a long life...somehow I tend not to believe that. If he could of seen the future, then my guess is that he would of stayed away from the drugs.

Super Elite
    Indeed. The muscle dude didn't want to die. x16teen is just saying that for the sake of supporting steroids.

Elite Sage
    He said himself that in 20 years, he sees himself as dead. Will update with proof later.
    yea...some proof would be great. Maybe he meant in another 20 years. Still, a senseless death. Didn't even live a 1/4 of his life.

Elite Sage
    Yea, that's what I meant.

Updated post above.
    That's what i thought. Not a lot of people envision dying at the age of 22 of heart complications.

Thread Information