Latest PSU headlines:

Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 223242 ... LastLast
Results 776 to 800 of 1808
  1. #776
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    @spyrde

    I'm sure i can't be the only one!

    @x6teen

    Well you see I'm African! I'm from Egypt :P i got African blood running through my veins!!

    for me it's only the diet and how hard i can keep on going that makes me stronger and bigger in a matter of a month or less.
    I'd be interested to see how your gains would differ though if you did a strength or hypertrophy routine.

  2. #777
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,132
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    6,602 (0 Banked)
    I'm going to try to start going to the gym more often. I'd love to wake up early in the morning before school and go... Isn't it best to work out in the morning?
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

  3. #778
    Super Elite
    Inzane2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,009
    Rep Power
    27
    Points
    9,729 (0 Banked)
    Bad habit of mine. I like to workout at 2AMish before I go to bed.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

  4. #779
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I'm going to try to start going to the gym more often. I'd love to wake up early in the morning before school and go... Isn't it best to work out in the morning?
    Just workout whenever you have the most energy. That's what is most important.

  5. #780
    Master Guru
    spyrde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,813
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    73,315 (0 Banked)
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Yeah it don't really matter. With cardio though I would suggest doing it in the morning.

    Learn to do signatures here



  6. #781
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,132
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    6,602 (0 Banked)
    Sounds good guys. I have another unrelated question...

    It seems that I bloat rather easily, and it causes a lot of discomfort and (to me) is pretty noticeable. I did some reading online and found plenty of things I can do to curb it, but what do you guys think would help?
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

  7. #782
    Super Elite
    Inzane2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,009
    Rep Power
    27
    Points
    9,729 (0 Banked)
    Bloating shouldn't be something you should really concern yourself with. It happens regardless of physique. Just focus on improving your core strength. And never listen to anyone who advertises drink less water, and do not focus on a strict diet either, but eat healthy. Improve your strength and the rest will work itself out.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

  8. #783
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,132
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    6,602 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    Bloating shouldn't be something you should really concern yourself with. It happens regardless of physique. Just focus on improving your core strength. And never listen to anyone who advertises drink less water, and do not focus on a strict diet either, but eat healthy. Improve your strength and the rest will work itself out.
    Bloating is something that happens to everyone, sure, but there are cases when people bloat easily because of certain factors. Bloating isn't just something to ignore, in my opinion.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

  9. #784
    Suicide Season
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,929
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    113,544 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    This should be everyones workout song




    "Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"




  10. #785
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    24
    Points
    71,585 (0 Banked)
    You guys got any tips for calf workouts?

  11. #786
    Forum Guru
    [DT]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,867
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    17,992 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Sounds good guys. I have another unrelated question...

    It seems that I bloat rather easily, and it causes a lot of discomfort and (to me) is pretty noticeable. I did some reading online and found plenty of things I can do to curb it, but what do you guys think would help?
    Stay _very_ hydrated, don’t sweat it (no pun intended...)


    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    You guys got any tips for calf workouts?
    There’s usually a couple of machines that will isolate your calfs (if you belong to a gym/Y/etc), or plenty of leg related compounds that will hit the calfs, or isolate with one of the calf raise variants (edge, press, etc., with out without weight). Even elliptical machines on high rise/resistance hit up your calfs pretty decently!

    Good for you thinking about legs/calfs, they’re usually skipped/forgotten.
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

  12. #787
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,531
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,535 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    You guys got any tips for calf workouts?
    Developing the calf muscles are the most difficult ones for most people. First off, you need to have a lot of variety when developing them. Also, when doing your raises, make sure you go as high as possible to really stretch the muscle. Make sure you stretch them between sets too. It helps with the blood flow needed to make them more defined. Your goal is to get what is called a lactic acid burn. Believe me, you will know when you achieve it. I suggest that you train them up to 4 times a week. They are unlike any other muscle on the body and they recover from workouts quicker than any other muscle on the body. You beat the hell out of them on Monday and by Wednesday they will have fully recovered.


    The one thing to keep in mind about them is that its development depends on genetic factors. A person with 17 inch calves most likely wont be able to develop 23 or 24 inch calves, but "you can make them grow" and add really nice definition to them. I applaud your interest because usually people are so concerned about their upper body that they neglect the calves . What good does it do having a muscular upper body and a set of pencil calves to go with them right? A 175-180 lb pound person with great overall symmetry beats a 220 lb one without it any day. Good luck with your workouts.

  13. #788
    Forum Guru
    [DT]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,867
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    17,992 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    Good for you thinking about legs/calfs, they’re usually skipped/forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I applaud your interest because usually people are so concerned about their upper body that they neglect the calves . What good does it do having a muscular upper body and a set of pencil calves to go with them right? A 175-180 lb pound person with great overall symmetry beats a 220 lb one without it any day. Good luck with your workouts.
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

  14. #789
    Super Elite
    Inzane2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,009
    Rep Power
    27
    Points
    9,729 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Bloating is something that happens to everyone, sure, but there are cases when people bloat easily because of certain factors. Bloating isn't just something to ignore, in my opinion.
    If that's the case, then I'd say you should just focus on improving your strength; particularly your arms, chest, legs, and back muscles. That should help reduce your belly.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

  15. #790
    Superior Member
    MartyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    24
    Points
    71,585 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    .
    Thanks guys. I don't go to any gyms infact I havent since Ive been in high school. I just head out to an empty park close to me and just do jogs,sprints,lunges,ect. You guys know exercises that will target the calves without equipment besides the heels off curb one?

  16. #791
    Forum Elder
    C-Carcharias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    PSN ID
    Hohjirozame
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    30,960 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Thanks guys. I don't go to any gyms infact I havent since Ive been in high school. I just head out to an empty park close to me and just do jogs,sprints,lunges,ect. You guys know exercises that will target the calves without equipment besides the heels off curb one?
    If you can, try "seated calf raises" - basically sit down on a chair, place something heavy across your thighs/knees, lift heels off the ground. When your heels are off the ground, hold this position for 10 seconds, contracting your calves and then slowly lower your heels back down.
    Last edited by C-Carcharias; 02-20-2012 at 09:52.

    PSN: Hohjirozame

  17. #792
    Editor & Moderator
    Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Age
    19
    Posts
    8,132
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    6,602 (0 Banked)
    Thanks for the help guys. Seems simple enough.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

  18. #793
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,566
    Rep Power
    46
    Points
    4,665 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I am confused about resistance training or weight lifting.

    My arms aren't fat, so I don't understand why I should lift weights. I'm not against it, I'm just confused. I do know if I work the areas that are fat, like my stomach, my thighs, and chest, then I'll lose more weight along with my cardio, which is walking. Are there any weight lifting exercises that focus on the stomach, thighs, or chest? What exactly does resistance training do, other than make you stronger and bigger, which is not what I am after?

    Currently Playing: Pokemon X

  19. #794
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    What exactly does resistance training do, other than make you stronger and bigger, which is not what I am after?
    This is what it does....
























    Pretty face and big boobs not included.
    Last edited by Ixion; 02-23-2012 at 02:51.

  20. Likes x6Teen, MentallyCritical wishes they had posted this first.
  21. #795
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,531
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,535 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I am confused about resistance training or weight lifting.

    My arms aren't fat, so I don't understand why I should lift weights. I'm not against it, I'm just confused. I do know if I work the areas that are fat, like my stomach, my thighs, and chest, then I'll lose more weight along with my cardio, which is walking. Are there any weight lifting exercises that focus on the stomach, thighs, or chest? What exactly does resistance training do, other than make you stronger and bigger, which is not what I am after?
    Basically, resistance training overloads the muscles to make them stronger but not necessarily bigger. Its also great for toning too. You should try using resistance bands if you don't like weight lifting, or an elliptical. Both are great for toning the whole body.

  22. #796
    Super Elite
    Inzane2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,009
    Rep Power
    27
    Points
    9,729 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I am confused about resistance training or weight lifting.

    My arms aren't fat, so I don't understand why I should lift weights. I'm not against it, I'm just confused. I do know if I work the areas that are fat, like my stomach, my thighs, and chest, then I'll lose more weight along with my cardio, which is walking. Are there any weight lifting exercises that focus on the stomach, thighs, or chest? What exactly does resistance training do, other than make you stronger and bigger, which is not what I am after?
    You don't choose where the fat goes or where you burn the fat. It does not matter which part of the body you work out, you will burn the fat all the same.

    In other words, working out your arms will burn that same fat in your belly just as would doing crunches. You don't have a say in which fat gets burned simply bcuz you work out a different part of the body.
    Increase muscle mass will naturally burn fat for you anyways so it is good to work out the entire body.

    Edit: Interesting fact, you can actually get your body to distribute the belly fat to other parts of the body by working out things like your arms. If your arms are always working hard, your body will adapt and start taking from the belly fat and keeping big fat reserves in your arms (this is a good thing, btw) so that energy is easier to access versus tediously transporting fat thru the blood stream all of the way from your belly to your arms.
    Last edited by Inzane2050; 02-23-2012 at 03:04.
    私は日本語がわかります。図書館で読みます。ビール飲みます。

  23. Likes MentallyCritical, Ixion wishes they had posted this first.
  24. #797
    The Godless Heathen
    MentallyCritical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Home:Wanking.
    Age
    20
    Posts
    4,823
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    108,782 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This is what it does....

    Pretty face and big boobs not included.
    this makes me want to fap rather than do resistance training. >:\


  25. Likes Ixion wishes they had posted this first.
  26. #798
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,531
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    53,535 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane2050 View Post
    You don't choose where the fat goes or where you burn the fat. It does not matter which part of the body you work out, you will burn the fat all the same.

    In other words, working out your arms will burn that same fat in your belly just as would doing crunches. You don't have a say in which fat gets burned simply bcuz you work out a different part of the body.
    Increase muscle mass will naturally burn fat for you anyways so it is good to work out the entire body
    That's actually not true. If i'm not mistaken, black wolf is a female and females don't store fat the same as males so therefore they don't burn fat the same. Men have higher levels of testosterone which makes fat burning easier. Most women tend to store their fat in their hips, thighs and buttocks, while men tend to gain more fat in their torso. Working out your arms won't necessarily burn any belly fat. To burn belly fat you have to involve your core. Things like walking, running and using kettle bells tend to burn belly fat. Doing curls wont do anything for your belly but a good diet and core workout will work wonders.

  27. #799
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,737
    Rep Power
    156
    Points
    64,625 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MentallyCritical View Post
    this makes me want to fap rather than do resistance training. >:\
    Female fitness models really make me want to lift, since I'm both attracted to them and impressed by them. Not to mention that first girl can probably squat more than me! Look at dem legs and glutes.

  28. #800
    Master Guru
    spyrde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,813
    Rep Power
    89
    Points
    73,315 (0 Banked)
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That's actually not true. If i'm not mistaken, black wolf is a female and females don't store fat the same as males so therefore they don't burn fat the same. Men have higher levels of testosterone which makes fat burning easier. Most women tend to store their fat in their hips, thighs and buttocks, while men tend to gain more fat in their torso. Working out your arms won't necessarily burn any belly fat. To burn belly fat you have to involve your core. Things like walking, running and using kettle bells tend to burn belly fat. Doing curls wont do anything for your belly but a good diet and core workout will work wonders.
    I don't agree with that. Even though women have different bodies and store fat differently etc etc it doesn't mean they burn fat any differently. Spot fat reduction is still pretty much a myth (actually it isn't but the results are so minimal they are ridiculous) and even if you would only train your arms like a maniac you would still lose belly fat. It wouldn't be a very effective method though

    Buuuut if you can prove me wrong then I would be happy to take in some new information.

    Learn to do signatures here



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.