Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post
    thanks mate

course?
    Umm, I don't know what you call it...you were researching taking HGH stuff or something? You said you wanted to reach your ultimate potential or something...?

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    oh, it wasn't HGH, that $#@!s way too expensive lol

and yea, my cycle's over now. pretty successful. no side-effects (that i'm aware of) as of now, my lifts went up heaps and my muscles are definitely looking much more full.
    Good to hear, you took any anti-estrogens?

Learn to do signatures here

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I had a setback, a big setback in my journey to lose weight.

I'm not giving up. I'm getting back into the groove again.

Today's weigh in was: 224 lbs.

Notes:
    Even during my set backs, whenever I went to the doctor and got weighed, I discovered I was STILL losing weight from my previous work. It surprised me, and I saw that efforts really do pay off.

I am no longer able to buy real healthy food and spend $55 a week on grocery, but I'm doing the best that I can and staying below calorie goal.
    Last edited by The Black Wolf; 07-22-2012 at 15:57.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I had a setback, a big setback in my journey to lose weight.

I'm not giving up. I'm getting back into the groove again.

Today's weigh in was: 224 lbs.

Notes:
    Even during my set backs, whenever I went to the doctor and got weighed, I discovered I was STILL losing weight from my previous work. It surprised me, and I saw that efforts really do pay off.

I am no longer able to buy real healthy food and spend $55 a week on grocery, but I'm doing the best that I can and staying below calorie goal.
    Weird how healthy food over there is so much more expensive than junk, over here all the crap is taxed to astronomical prices.

Veteran
    I'm excited for Sunday's weigh in, so excited I'm tempted to weigh myself right now.

I think I did really well this week, I have done execise workouts 5 days out of 7 so far. Tomorrow I work out and then Sunday I don't work out. I just weigh myself.

I've stayed below calorie goal most of this week and have worked very hard, so I expect some weight loss this Sunday.

Veteran
    Had weight loss this week, about 2 lbs!

Gotta keep it going!

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    Weird how healthy food over there is so much more expensive than junk, over here all the crap is taxed to astronomical prices.
    I desperately wish it was the same over here in the US.

Had weight loss this week, about 2 lbs!

Gotta keep it going!
    That's great! Keep up the good work. Make sure you're not torturing yourself, though. This is obviously going to be a challenge regardless of what you do, but if you make it unfulfilling and a horrible experience for you (i.e. eating foods you hate all the time) then it's possible that your progress will be thwarted later on down the road, because everyone's motivation falters occasionally. So just make sure that you're actually finding healthy foods you enjoy eating. That's the healthier, more intelligent and more long-term planning.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Master Guru
    Good going Wolf! Seems like you're very determined and it's nice to see you progress. Keep doing what you do since it seems to be working!

Well, I'll be having a week off (again) due to a ''camp'' I'm going to work at, so my training has been what it is. All the partying and lack of sleep has really taken a toll, so it's maybe a good thing to start off at a clean sheet once I get back.

Veteran
    Thank you guys for the support!

I wish I hadn't gained it all back, but I'm not giving up!

I could just let go, but then I'd get diabetes later. I'd rather be in control when I eat what I want to eat than have diabetes tell me when to eat what I like to eat.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I was mowing the lawn on tuesday. Began to start up the weed wacker, on my first atempt pulling the trigger. I felt something soft on my back and since then my back is in pain.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I was mowing the lawn on tuesday. Began to start up the weed wacker, on my first atempt pulling the trigger. I felt something soft on my back and since then my back is in pain.
    Did you hear something pop or break?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Did you hear something pop or break?
    A soft sensation erupting slowly the moment I pulled the trigger. I knew at the moment something went wrong and it began to bring me down but didn't give up finishing the lawn. I went back and finished despite the reoccurence of the pain. Usually during the day, after I wake up I can feel it bothering me a lot but then 4-5 hours later. I feel much more comfortable but it comes back the following day. I notice I can't be sitting for too long.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    A soft sensation erupting slowly the moment I pulled the trigger. I knew at the moment something went wrong and it began to bring me down but didn't give up finishing the lawn. I went back and finished despite the reoccurence of the pain. Usually during the day, after I wake up I can feel it bothering me a lot but then 4-5 hours later. I feel much more comfortable but it comes back the following day. I notice I can't be sitting for too long.
    Is it upper, lower, or middle back?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Is it upper, lower, or middle back?
    I believe its on the middle. Heck, its uncomfortable getting up and going to the restroom.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Anyone have any tips on controlling appetite? For the past few months I've had some pretty great control over it, but recently I've been eating a lot more than usual and I don't seem to want to stop eating. I don't want to back track on all the progress I've made.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    2 questions

1 - How much should a male who is 5'6 and has a average/medium frame weigh?
    2 - Does loose skin from losing weight ever tighten back up?

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I believe its on the middle. Heck, its uncomfortable getting up and going to the restroom.
    Sounds like a minor strain or over-exertion. Just treat it with a heat pad a few times a day and avoid sitting in an upright position for a few days. Also , in between the heat sessions do some stretches that target the back area and the pain should go away in a few days. The heat will help with circulation and with soft tissues around the spine as wells as the stiffness. If it doesn't work you may need to see a chiropractor to get some manual therapy. I'm sure the heat will help though. Iv'e seen it do wonders for people.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    1. It depends on your body type, bone density, muscle-mass etc. ectomorphs have small joints and low body-fat percentage so typically they weigh less than the average joe. than there's farmers who have wrists the size of my forearms. there isn't really an accurate weight-height chart cos most of them disregard so many factors.

so instead of looking at your weight, look at your body-fat percentage. IMO if you're a male and over 16-20%, then you should cut to around somewhere between 12-15%

2. i doubt it. most people who have loose skin after losing fat/muscle get surgery to get rid of it.
    I was really hoping to not hear that answer.
    I have lost 70 pounds and the skin in my abs area is loose and i was hoping they would tighten up if i kept working out but i guess i will have to save up for surgery

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Congratulations on the 70lb weight loss!

Regarding the loose skin. I've been told that if you're younger there is a higher chance it will just tighten up - then again, if it's a lot of skin, which I would assume it is after losing that amount of weight, then surgery may be your best bet. Another thing is if the weight has come off really quickly, like 3-4+lbs a week then the chances of the loose skin tightening up are lower

Veteran
    More weight lost! It's a little less, 1 pound, but I'll take it!

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Congratulations on the 70lb weight loss!

Regarding the loose skin. I've been told that if you're younger there is a higher chance it will just tighten up - then again, if it's a lot of skin, which I would assume it is after losing that amount of weight, then surgery may be your best bet. Another thing is if the weight has come off really quickly, like 3-4+lbs a week then the chances of the loose skin tightening up are lower
    Thank you.
    Its not a lot of skin. I only notice it being loose when i do push-ups. When i was very overweight it was very compact for some reason and alot of people didnt believe my weight when i told them so maybe there is hope for me.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Anyone have any tips on controlling appetite? For the past few months I've had some pretty great control over it, but recently I've been eating a lot more than usual and I don't seem to want to stop eating. I don't want to back track on all the progress I've made.
    Drinking more water can help stave appetite. Another good thing to do is to eat a LOT of veggies when you're hungry. Very filling, but very few calories. Also a lot of fiber, which is healthy as well.

What time of the day are you feeling the hunger the worst?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

El Presidente
    Well I've been going pretty good for a few weeks with cardio workout. I'm just waiting on a squat rack to come in so I can finally get down to business. I'm going to do the cardio like I am now and Starting Strength and then see where things go from there after a few months. I'm going for general fitness and strength so I'm probably stick with simple workouts and add variations where I can. Can't do the same stuff all the time.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Alright, so I've been reading up on "cycles", i.e. alternating between losing fat with a strict caloric deficit diet and strength training with an indulgent but clean diet, and I'm interested in beginning something similar to that. I think it would give my plan a more long-term plan, which I feel my current regime is lacking.

So, a few questions for the pros:

- Which is best to start with? The fat loss cycle or the strength training cycle?
    - How long should each cycle last? I've heard no longer than 2 months for the fat loss cycle. Is this correct? How about for the strength training cycle?
    - During the fat loss cycle, do I shift gears entirely to cardio or can I continue hitting the gym? I don't want to backtrack on strength training when I'm on the fat loss cycle, and vice versa.

Right now, I'm finding that although I've lost a great deal of fat, I'm still holding onto some in the abdominal and lower back regions. I think that I need a good balance between lowering my body fat percentage and gaining muscle mass so that my body gains a slimmer, straighter (i.e. not pear / curved shaped) physique.

Master Guru
    Depends what your goal is. You have to be realistic and realize that you're going to possibly gain fat when trying to gain muscle, so if you're not satisfied with your bodyfat percentage then cut down.

When you're losing fat it's good to keep hitting the weights so you don't lose muscle too easily. Going to failure is definitely not recommended though.

Thread Information