Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 384858 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1846
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I've implemented intermittent fasting into my lifestyle for about a couple months and have had some great results. My cardio workouts have been great

For a couple weeks I've been doing cardio only as I'm focusing on losing more bodyfat before uni starts, but when I was focusing more on weight training and less on cardio I would say my strength was about the same.

I hardly ever feel a lack of energy, and never count my calories. Have lost fat at a much quicker rate than when I was counting calories and splitting my meals throughout the day

As I'm on summer break at the moment (not for long), I would typically hit the gym around 11am and then eat my first meal either 2 or 3pm. I just eat till I'm full (not bloated). I do limit my carb intake somewhat as I'm an endomorph, but I try and eat healthy foods and healthy portions. I'd then eat my 2nd, and final, meal around 6 or 7pm, and that would be it for the day. Sometimes I've just had a huge meal at 3pm and not eaten again until 3pm the next day

It's nothing too strict, sometimes I'd have a yoghurt later or a fruit but it hasn't hindered me at all. Aside from when my body was adjusting to this eating pattern, I haven't experienced hunger pains or a longing to eat. Not having to overthink what I'm going to eat next throughout my day is a nice bonus

Anyway that's just my experience with it. I feel healthier than ever (though that may just be the amount of weight that I've lost..), but it's been great so far and I'm gonna keep at it

2. Likes Ghost likes this post
    The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    love these commericals

Got my first muscle up about a month ago!
    Even linked a couple of them!

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    lol this is all I think of when I hear the word crossfit:

Learn to do signatures here

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    lol this is all I think of when I hear the word crossfit:

I am surprised no one pulled anything.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Great to see you guys seeing benefits from IF. It's a great eating style for me (when I am on it, have deviated last 2 months). The old "meal every few hours to keep your metabolism up" is kind of a myth really lol.

Neo, I don't see there being a problem with you doing IF while bulking. I saw IF first when two fitness personalities on youtube got into it a while back (thehodgetwins). They only speak from personal experience but they said they would never do a normal bulk again. If you can get those calories into the 6-8 hour period, you are burning fat the rest of the time, effectively helping to cancel out the drawback of bulking (fat gain).

Now i'm out of the hospital I'm preparing to get back into a good regime including my 3 day split weightworkout from fri-sun with cardio, ab ripper x (from P90X program) and the yoga x workouts in through the week. Ordered some $#@!ing badass clothes on ebay, gonna turn myself into the inner lady killer i know I have inside then hold Vienna hostage under my charm, style and sexyness.

7. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I need advices on how train my chests muscles and give it a nice form because now it just looks completely flat. I have trained my arm muscles and my 6 pack to a strong and good looking form however im having problems with the chest. Im laso trying very hard to gain weitht however its extremely hard for me, im now in vacation in greece and i eat a big load of stuff however i dont seem to gain any visual weight. I really eat a lot of stuff and try very hard but cant gain weight efficiently. I am 1.85 and i weight only like 52-55 kgs.

any suggestions or advices?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Sounds like youre an ectomorph body type. It is really hard for ectos to put on weight cause their metabolism eats trough everything really fast.

As far as your chest goes, depends if you have access to equipment or not. If not, there are many pushup variations that you can do to tone up your chest.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I need advices on how train my chests muscles and give it a nice form because now it just looks completely flat. I have trained my arm muscles and my 6 pack to a strong and good looking form however im having problems with the chest. Im laso trying very hard to gain weitht however its extremely hard for me, im now in vacation in greece and i eat a big load of stuff however i dont seem to gain any visual weight. I really eat a lot of stuff and try very hard but cant gain weight efficiently. I am 1.85 and i weight only like 52-55 kgs.

I don't know if this is completely serious but I will give you a completely serious answer.

First of all, if you're gonna start training, why just train your arms? Or just your chest? Why not train your whole body? Training with compounds and heavy weight are going to give you 10 times better results and a nicer body than training specific muscle groups with just isolations. Now this is not what you asked, but I just gave a little advice on how to approach things if you want a fit body.

Now to the chest question. The best exercise for your chest is the bench press, and all it's variables. You need nothing more to train your chest. Of course chest dips and flyes work well too, but like I said the compounds are gonna give you the results, the assistance moves just finish the muscles off. Also you can't give your muscles a nice ''form'' or tone them like one dude in this thread said. Your muscle shape and positioning is genetic, but you can grow your chest into good proportions by training them hard.

Now to the eating. Well, you don't gain weight because you don't eat enough, simple as that. Just count your calorie needs for the day and throw in a few hundred calories more and voila, you'll put on those pounds. There's no special tricks to gaining weight, except of course going to McDonalds every day. I don't suggest that though : D

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim

Sounds like you may be a hard gainer.

I would suggest you dedicate a workout to chest only on some days. Its the best way to bring up a body part that lags behind the rest. Bench pressing will give your chest that fuller look but in order to get that really nice shape you speak about is to really concentrate on doing flys. Concentrate on correct form and really focus on the muscle contraction with the flys. Doing them with cables work fine but dumbells and fly machine/pec deck works too. The flys really hit the inner pecs muscles and gives you that middle separation that you see on some bodybuilders.

Also alternate some incline/decline on some days helps bring out upper and lower pec definition. Just remember to concentrate on form and don't go too heavy. Try to get some form of protein in after your workouts to aid in the rebuilding of muscle tissue. A well developed chest can be difficult to achieve for some but if you can achieve it, it will give you a fuller look which really stands out.

Remember to be consistent,don't overtrain, and allow your muscles to recover.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I think that GhostRhayne is right, i have an ectomorph body structure. That means that metabolism burns calories extremely fast and to gain weight i will have to eat really a lot as stated in the article. I also think that differrent form of push ups will improve my chest and i will also make more exercises which are focused on chest muscles. So yeah the only option for me is to train even harder and eat even more than i do which is going to be hard as i dont really have that much food at home to eat, if the entire hotel buffet isnt enough for me to gain weight than i better go and live in mcdonalds .

So yeah as i return from vacation i will start exercising again and will have a new programm which will have exercises focusing on chest muscles, however i will still improve my other muscles further. Concerning equipment i have only weights with different masses like 5, 10 and 15 i guess. I also have a long roller however its more to improve my spine.

And btw i am always serious when it comes to health and exercises.

Thank you all for the advices, very appreciated.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 10-11-2012 at 19:29.

Master Guru
    Alright so you're training at home. Well, once your strength will go up those moves are gonna become really easy and since your dumbbells are such low weight you'll soon start to train more or less muscle endurance instead of hypertrophy and strength. I highly suggest you start training at a gym soon if you want to continue your progress, or at the very least buy some heavier dumbbells. Just some friendly advice.

Elite Sage
    I think that GhostRhayne is right, i have an ectomorph body structure. That means that metabolism burns calories extremely fast and to gain weight i will have to eat really a lot as stated in the article. I also think that differrent form of push ups will improve my chest and i will also make more exercises which are focused on chest muscles. So yeah the only option for me is to train even harder and eat even more than i do which is going to be hard as i dont really have that much food at home to eat, if the entire hotel buffet isnt enough for me to gain weight than i better go and live in mcdonalds .

So yeah as i return from vacation i will start exercising again and will have a new programm which will have exercises focusing on chest muscles, however i will still improve my other muscles further. Concerning equipment i have only weights with different masses like 5, 10 and 15 i guess. I also have a long roller however its more to improve my spine.

And btw i am always serious when it comes to health and exercises.

Thank you all for the advices, very appreciated.
    Yes, you definitely sound like an ectomorph but that could work in your favor depending on how you want to look. Pushups will definitely improve your chest but you really have to alternate the way you them. If you can't do weights then pushups may be your only other option. I started out with an ectomorph type body. I was 6ft 3in and about 175 and now I am about 225/230. It takes a lot of dedicated hard work but you can do it.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    Alright so you're training at home. Well, once your strength will go up those moves are gonna become really easy and since your dumbbells are such low weight you'll soon start to train more or less muscle endurance instead of hypertrophy and strength. I highly suggest you start training at a gym soon if you want to continue your progress, or at the very least buy some heavier dumbbells. Just some friendly advice.
    I dont think that i will need dumbbells heavier than 15 kgs. I dont want to look like a bodybuilded ballon or something. I just want to get stronger and have a nice formed body. I also have basketball trainings like 4 times a week, that gets me something as well, its not like i dont do any other sport other than fitness. In general im a basketball player, not a bodybuilder or something. So as i said will try out new exercises and try to eat more and i really dont think that i will need more than 20 kgs per hand.

And yes hard work always earns you something.

Master Guru
    I dont think that i will need dumbbells heavier than 15 kgs. I dont want to look like a bodybuilded ballon or something. I just want to get stronger and have a nice formed body. I also have basketball trainings like 4 times a week, that gets me something as well, its not like i dont do any other sport other than fitness. In general im a basketball player, not a bodybuilder or something. So as i said will try out new exercises and try to eat more and i really dont think that i will need more than 20 kgs per hand.
    Look man, you don't have realistic visions on what you can achieve: it'll take you years to even get a respectable physique. Trust me, you will not look like a bodybuilder even if you tried your best. You'd need a strict gym and nutrition program along with a nice variety of steroids. ''I don't wanna look like a bodybuilder'' is an excuse that girls curling 1kg dumbbells on a bosuball say. Strength training will aid you in basketball more than you know, hell, I am a soccer player myself and you have no idea how much it helps to have such an edge compared to the other players.

Also since you're training basketball 4 times a week, that might be a reason why you don't gain weight; you need to cover those lost calories too. Like they say, cardio kills gains : D

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Man its not like im just starting right now exercising. I exercise already 1 and a half year and i was able to see progress so i have a realistic vision. And dont tell me about soccer players as i really dont respect them that much. Most soccer players are small and have an awful body structure, i mean look at messi and compare him to a guy like dwayne wade, it looks like a small boy standing next to a beast.

Elite Sage
    Man its not like im just starting right now exercising. I exercise already 1 and a half year and i was able to see progress so i have a realistic vision. And dont tell me about soccer players as i really dont respect them that much. Most soccer players are small and have an awful body structure, i mean look at messi and compare him to a guy like dwayne wade, it looks like a small boy standing next to a beast.
    Playing soccer doesn't really require a lot of muscle mass or height. Messi would look like a midget compared to most NBA players....lol Soccer does require a hell of a lot of endurance and skill though.I have met a couple of pro soccer players here in the U.S. and some of them don't even look like athletes.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 10-11-2012 at 20:17.

19. Likes Cybertox likes this post
    Master Guru
    Well judging by your comments you have a really strange view on exercising; training at home and being afraid of becoming ''big'' kind of shows that you're not really familiar with all of these things. Trust me I've been in your position, thinking crunches and push-ups would tone my body into looking muscular. Truth is, you'll get a realistic vision on what you can really achieve after you've trained for years with many different styles, aswell as done thorough research on the subject.

Also soccer players body structures have really nothing to do with the subject, I merely used it as an example. The amount of calories they would need to maintain muscle mass would be crazy since running around the pitch for 90 minutes is fairly taxing. I'm not that active with soccer though, so my muscle mass is just a big advantage. That's what I was trying to say.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Im not afraidof becoming big, I only said that im not trying to achieve a bodybuilder body cause i dont need that kind of stuff. And i know what i am talking about as i play basketball for like 5 years already and i do a lot of sport, i am familiar with progression and with different workouts. I just need afvices on how to efficiently gain weight and develop a better chest.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    You're not going to accidentally wake up "big" one morning. That's an insult to dedicated bodybuilders everywhere. It takes years of grueling hard work to achieve that kind of physique, so you have nothing to be afraid of. Getting big has to be a genuine goal that requires utter dedication to both training and diet.

As has been previously stated, strength training will significantly aid you when playing basketball. Things such as squats, for instance, will improve your sport dramatically.
    Last edited by Brandon; 10-11-2012 at 20:40.
    "Courage is the key to life.

23. Likes x6Teen likes this post
    Master Guru
    Im not afraidof becoming big, I only said that im not trying to achieve a bodybuilder body cause i dont need that kind of stuff. And i know what i am talking about as i play basketball for like 5 years already and i do a lot of sport, i am familiar with progression and with different workouts. I just need afvices on how to efficiently gain weight and develop a better chest.
    Playing basketball and progressive strength training are two very different things, knowledge on the first one doesn't mean knowledge on the latter.

If you want to gain weight and get a nice chest you will get the fastest results with a good gym and nutrition program. How unfortunate that you'll have to do the same things as the ''bodybuilders''.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    It's also important to note all the factors in developing a bigger chest... such as... a wider back helps support the load during heavy bench press. Pull ups/deadlifts help with this. A strong core is also important... for basically every activity imaginable. You have to have balanced strength because the body works together as a whole. If one area is significantly weaker than another, it can lead to injury when performing your sport. You should look to not only be getting a bigger chest, but increasing your overall level of fitness.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    It's also important to note all the factors in developing a bigger chest... such as... a wider back helps support the load during heavy bench press. Pull ups/deadlifts help with this. A strong core is also important... for basically every activity imaginable. You have to have balanced strength because the body works together as a whole. If one area is significantly weaker than another, it can lead to injury when performing your sport. You should look to not only be getting a bigger chest, but increasing your overall level of fitness.
    Thats what i also mentioned in one of my previous posts. I am going to focus on the chest however i will still exercise my other muscles as well. I think the main thing which i really have to do is gain weight. Because its very hard to do some certain exercises when you are low weight.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Thats what i also mentioned in one of my previous posts. I am going to focus on the chest however i will still exercise my other muscles as well. I think the main thing which i really have to do is gain weight. Because its very hard to do some certain exercises when you are low weight.
    What's your diet like?

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I dont have a diet. I eat everything i like, mostly i try to eat a lot of meat and beans, i also eat a lot of other stuff.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    I dont have a diet. I eat everything i like, mostly i try to eat a lot of meat and beans, i also eat a lot of other stuff.
    You're going to need to starting knowing what you eat instead of just guessing if you have any hope of putting on muscle mass.

Here's a little project for you:

Go sign up for a free account @ www.MyFitnessPal.com.

Starting tomorrow, or whenever is convenient... start tracking the calories of everything you eat. Don't eat differently or anything... just eat as you normally would, but log everything. Do this for seven days in a row... and then find the average calories that you consume every day. This will give you an idea of where you're at and will help you to understand where you need to go from there in order to put on some muscle weight.

30. Likes Cybertox likes this post

Thread Information