Latest PSU headlines:

Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 455565 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1808
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Yes... lol.
    There is nothing new about functional training. It's been around for years...lol I guess Tony Horton invented muscle confusion too right....lol

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

Health & Exercise Thread! 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    There is nothing new about functional training. It's been around for years...lol I guess Tony Horton invented muscle confusion too right....lol
    I know it's not. That's my point. You don't pick on things, do you?
    Simplicity is the key to Brilliance

Forum Sage
    I know it's not. That's my point. You don't pick on things, do you?
    sure you did.

Administrator
    You're like an obnoxious little gremlin. My point was people like Gunnar take ideas that have been around forever and tote them as new to make money. At least in his case functional training is actually worth something. Then you have guys like Shaun T (Insanity) that basically act like he invented HIIT.

Forum Sage
    You're like an obnoxious little gremlin. My point was people like Gunnar take ideas that have been around forever and tote them as new to make money. At least in his case functional training is actually worth something. Then you have guys like Shaun T (Insanity) that basically act like he invented HIIT.
    Gunnar Peterson [he's a celebrity trainer] is the frontrunner of a new movement called "functional training".
    I don't think so dude....but if you say so..

Administrator

You're retarded bro. I'm pretty sure anyone with an IQ above 5 (everyone in this thread but you) can see the sarcasm in the context of my post. I even explained the context of my post and you're still being obnoxious. The second part of that is explaining why it's not new, which is the part you obviously didn't read. Go troll somewhere else. You're not helping anyone.

Forum Sage
    You're retarded bro. I'm pretty sure anyone with an IQ above 5 (everyone in this thread but you) can see the sarcasm in the context of my post. I even explained the context of my post and you're still being obnoxious. The second part of that is explaining why it's not new, which is the part you obviously didn't read. Go troll somewhere else. You're not helping anyone.
    o.k. gotcha...

Administrator
    Man, you're silly. Welcome to my ignore list... the first and only person in 8 years. Congratulations.

Forum Sage
    Man, you're silly. Welcome to my ignore list... the first and only person in 8 years. Congratulations.
    If you want to ignore eachother thats cool but can you two please stop de-railing the thread.

Cheers. - DarkVincent07
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 02-02-2013 at 06:56.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Sub-Stance really went full retard this time. I think the point has come to contact mods when someone is spouting so much misinformation to absolute beginners.

Anyways not to derail this thread anymore, I started doing some HIIT again due to the fact that I don't have enough time to go on those long ass 1 hour jogs. Oh boy, 16 minutes on a crosstrainer doesn't sound bad but it was like hell I tell ya.....

Learn to do signatures here

11. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    Anyways not to derail this thread anymore, I started doing some HIIT again due to the fact that I don't have enough time to go on those long ass 1 hour jogs. Oh boy, 16 minutes on a crosstrainer doesn't sound bad but it was like hell I tell ya.....
    I actually really enjoy HIIT... it's easy to fit it into my schedule... and it's got many health benefits... and unlike straight cardio... it's good for preserving lean mass. I just think it's fun, honestly... even though it does kick my ass at times. I do the basic sprint/walk/sprint/walk cycle for about 20-30 minutes.

I really want to get back into cycling again. I think when I move to NYC I'll sell my truck and get me a really nice road bike and just ride it everywhere. Hopefully nobody stabs me and takes it, though. :-0

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Just an update on my platueu situation I had for a month or so.

Since going 'back to the basics' and dropping IF and counting my calories much more strictly (which isn't so fun ) I've made a lot of progress over this month. I think I was fluctuating around 180 -185 lbs when I posted about my predicament a few weeks ago. I weighed in at 172 lbs when I woke up today. I was actually 170.4 a few days ago, I dunno what happened >.>

Anyway, I'm still consuming the same amount of calories (that I thought) I was consuming when I was on IF or overthinking meal timing but the weight is dropping nicely now, about 1500-1600 calories. I'm eating much more carbs than before and I've cut out the red meat. It's weird, I just feel like my weight loss stalls when I eat red meats :S Probably the high fat content it has compared to chicken

I agree with you PBM, hiit is great. Makes cardio more fun. I can only last about 20 minutes (1 min run 1 min walk) before I'm completely out of it though. I only run at 12 at my absolute max too . I'm not so fit I think lol

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    If you want to ignore eachother thats cool but can you two please stop de-railing the thread.

Cheers. - DarkVincent07
    I totally agree... I was being badgered just for giving an opinion and advice so i flipped the script. If you don't agree with something I or anyone says just disagree and state why. I can discuss anything but don't attack me just for giving an opinion and don't accuse me of giving misinformation because there are no experts here. I don't come here to argue with anyone. I'm here because I enjoy discussing this topic just like everyone else.

On Topic: HITT is awesome and I do it twice a week. It really helps keep my BF down and enhances my cardiovascular fitness. Haven't had my BF checked in a while but i'm sure it's around 9%.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Just an update on my platueu situation I had for a month or so.

Since going 'back to the basics' and dropping IF and counting my calories much more strictly (which isn't so fun ) I've made a lot of progress over this month. I think I was fluctuating around 180 -185 lbs when I posted about my predicament a few weeks ago. I weighed in at 172 lbs when I woke up today. I was actually 170.4 a few days ago, I dunno what happened >.>

Anyway, I'm still consuming the same amount of calories (that I thought) I was consuming when I was on IF or overthinking meal timing but the weight is dropping nicely now, about 1500-1600 calories. I'm eating much more carbs than before and I've cut out the red meat. It's weird, I just feel like my weight loss stalls when I eat red meats :S Probably the high fat content it has compared to chicken

I agree with you PBM, hiit is great. Makes cardio more fun. I can only last about 20 minutes (1 min run 1 min walk) before I'm completely out of it though. I only run at 12 at my absolute max too . I'm not so fit I think lol
    That's good to hear! I dropped about 5% body fat in two weeks doing IF. It was pretty crazy. I enjoy counting calories a lot more though... there's less to think about. So I guess I'm the opposite. :P I only go on crazy strict diets when I want to drop BF% quickly.

You're tweaking your diet and discovering what works and what doesn't. And that's when you know you're getting to know your body better. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep us posted. Kudos on breaking that plateau.

What are your current goals?

Elite Guru
    That's good to hear! I dropped about 5% body fat in two weeks doing IF. It was pretty crazy. I enjoy counting calories a lot more though... there's less to think about. So I guess I'm the opposite. :P I only go on crazy strict diets when I want to drop BF% quickly.

You're tweaking your diet and discovering what works and what doesn't. And that's when you know you're getting to know your body better. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep us posted. Kudos on breaking that plateau.

What are your current goals?
    Thank you mate

Yeah I had that same kind of effect when I started IF months ago, my body just instantly reacted to it. But I guess it's good to change things up now and then. Not like I had a choice anyway with the plateau hah

My currents goals remain the same to be honest. Just want to lean out, get into the low 150s. Despite being only 5ft10 I carry my current weight okay as I have a big bone structure or just a big frame so I think 15-20 more lbs off and I'll look very good . I have no idea about my bodt fat % but I'd guess early 20s, and that'll drop on my way down to 150~ of course

As I'm losing weight I'm just focusing on hitting the same weights and intensity every workout, pushing myself as far as I can. My strength has remained intact through this month and it's nice to have a breakfast before gym - something I skipped during IF. Feel much more capable

Hopefully my journey down to 150 is as painless as possible!

Edit: Also, since getting below 174lbs it means that for the first time in forever I fall under the 'healthy weight' according to the bmi chart. Feels good!
    Last edited by Nitey; 02-02-2013 at 21:38.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Thank you mate

Yeah I had that same kind of effect when I started IF months ago, my body just instantly reacted to it. But I guess it's good to change things up now and then. Not like I had a choice anyway with the plateau hah

My currents goals remain the same to be honest. Just want to lean out, get into the low 150s. Despite being only 5ft10 I carry my current weight okay as I have a big bone structure or just a big frame so I think 15-20 more lbs off and I'll look very good . I have no idea about my bodt fat % but I'd guess early 20s, and that'll drop on my way down to 150~ of course

As I'm losing weight I'm just focusing on hitting the same weights and intensity every workout, pushing myself as far as I can. My strength has remained intact through this month and it's nice to have a breakfast before gym - something I skipped during IF. Feel much more capable

Hopefully my journey down to 150 is as painless as possible!

Edit: Also, since getting below 174lbs it means that for the first time in forever I fall under the 'healthy weight' according to the bmi chart. Feels good!
    Changing things up also keeps you from getting mind-numbingly bored. :P

I honestly wouldn't really pay any mind to the BMI chart. The BMI chart does not take into account muscle mass. When I was 165 at 8% body fat (I'm 5'3") I was considered borderline obese... despite my immensely low body fat. It's basically a chart to determine if a non-active person is fat or not. It was never meant for athletic individuals. I would really just try and focus on yourself and what you feel looks good in the mirror, because honestly... that's all that really matters anyway... and anything below 25% body fat is considered acceptable... so you shouldn't have to go to great lengths to stay under that.

Just stay focused and determined and you'll reach your goals. :]

18. Likes Nitey wishes they had posted this first.
    The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    rest day... got Fran coming up satruday morning. youtube "her"

she's kinda the most famous crossfit workout.

Last year as a noob I did it 8:38... I am homing for 4 min or less this year.

I'm nervous/anxious to workout
    4:38... 4 min PR... but I am a little disappointed.

oh wellz... next year sub 4 min... and master the butterfly pullup

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Administrator

Hey, it's still better than 8:38.

x6Teen2
    holy shit 5%? was that tested with calipers? how much did you weigh?

im in a good mood right now so i'll post my pic from yesterday here.

5'10 179lbs, not sure bf%. this is 4 years of consistent (no missing any sessions) bb training + 1 cycle of test, 3 years and 10 months natural lifting

[spoiler]

Forum Sage

I hate those. There is a woman at the gym I go to that just knocks them out like nothing. I like the dead hang but i need to get into the butterfly ones too.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen2 View Post
    holy shit 5%? was that tested with calipers? how much did you weigh?
    Yes it was tested with calipers. I lost about 2 inches off my waist. I tore my right trap while in Alaska (frickloads of kayaking and pullin' anchor on the ship I was working on), so I haven't been able to lift, so I've been doing a lot of HIIT and getting as lean as I possibly can until this thing heals. I can't say I'm happy about the muscle loss, but this is the first time I've been able to fit into 29 jeans since high school.

And nice physique... do you eat baby elephants for protein?

x6Teen2
    Yes it was tested with calipers. I lost about 2 inches off my waist. I tore my right trap while in Alaska (frickloads of kayaking and pullin' anchor on the ship I was working on), so I haven't been able to lift, so I've been doing a lot of HIIT and getting as lean as I possibly can until this thing heals. I can't say I'm happy about the muscle loss, but this is the first time I've been able to fit into 29 jeans since high school.

And nice physique... do you eat baby elephants for protein?
    you should do those hydrostatic underwater testing sometime, was really fun.

and there goes my secret :'(

i realised that the best way to get big natural is to be strong as a bull and incorporate srength training. most of my favorite jeans dont even fit anymore lol

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen2 View Post
    you should do those hydrostatic underwater testing sometime, was really fun.

and there goes my secret :'(

i realised that the best way to get big natural is to be strong as a bull and incorporate srength training. most of my favorite jeans dont even fit anymore lol
    I've done that before, but it would overkill right now. :P

Elite Guru
    Thanks for the advice PBM. I guess youre right about the chart, it was just something I was working towards haha so it's nice I'm there, now I'm hunting 150

x6teen - nice physique, 4 years and no missed sessions? Dat determination!

What happened to your old account btw?

Superior Member
    Well, I ask a few questions because I'm still a beginner, Sub-stance1 gives what seemed to me the most thorough answer (unfortunately there's no way for me to measure the quality of each person's advice, only thoroughness) and others flood him with criticism. It's understandable if there's some disagreement, but it's rather unhelpful when there's only people saying he's wrong, but no one mentions what's the right thing then.

And ultimately, it's up to me to decide whether I'll follow someone's advice or not. I don't consider an internet forum as the de facto source of information, I just want extra data for me to decide what to do. It's also important to notice that I never asked him to back up his claims, so he really had no need to give them. I just asked for opinions. That's all.

So if anyone thinks he's spreading misinformation, then please provide the correct answers, as they would be quite helpful to me. Otherwise, just let the guy be.

Thread Information