Latest PSU headlines:

Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 465666 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1830
    x6Teen2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Thanks for the advice PBM. I guess youre right about the chart, it was just something I was working towards haha so it's nice I'm there, now I'm hunting 150

x6teen - nice physique, 4 years and no missed sessions? Dat determination!

What happened to your old account btw?
    thanks nitey. and yea 4 years without skipping a workout. the only time i didnt train when i was supposed to was when i was sick to the point that i could barely eat without coughing like an avid smoker.

natural lifting is the really underrated. lots of people look at it as a waste of time so they get on gear after few weeks after stepping into the gym.

i lifted for that long increasing sets, reps, weight and decreasing rest time every session and had a very comparable ethic to the top pro bb'ers tbh and my physique exhibits that. 95% of people in the gym do everything in there half-assed and they're mediocre physique and progress are results of mediocre training and ethic.

edit: i forgot the password to the account AND the email i used to sign up now im just trying to get to 15 posts so i can pm cuguy
    Last edited by x6Teen2; 02-03-2013 at 02:41.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen2 View Post
    thanks nitey. and yea 4 years without skipping a workout. the only time i didnt train when i was supposed to was when i was sick to the point that i could barely eat without coughing like an avid smoker.

natural lifting is the really underrated. lots of people look at it as a waste of time so they get on gear after few weeks after stepping into the gym.

i lifted for that long increasing sets, reps, weight and decreasing rest time every session and had a very comparable ethic to the top pro bb'ers tbh and my physique exhibits that. 95% of people in the gym do everything in there half-assed and they're mediocre physique and progress are results of mediocre training and ethic.

edit: i forgot the password to the account AND the email i used to sign up now im just trying to get to 15 posts so i can pm cuguy
    That sucks, bro... lol. Yeah you need to get back to your old self again... and I miss that avatar of yours.

Might I suggest this? https://agilebits.com/onepassword

:P
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I got a question out of curiosity,

What do you guys think of pills that cause weight loss? Good or bad?

I can't use any but I wouldn't want to. I'm just curious to what nutrition and muscle people think on here.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post

I can't use any but I wouldn't want to. I'm just curious to what nutrition and muscle people think on here.
    They can be a bit of both. Some of them contain some powerful ingredients and I would consult a doctor before taking any. Some reduce the appetite and speed up metabolism by adding certain ingredients that simulate things like caffeine. In my experiences they don't seem to preserve weight loss for long periods. I think the best way is to just lower your calories, maintain a good healthy diet, and exercise more.

x6Teen2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post

iirc those pills dont directly cause weight loss, just speeds up metabolism and other stuff sub-stance mentioned like reducing appetite.

im not sure whats your situation with money but if you cant afford then don't get it. if you can and have extra money laying around, like $20-$40 then get a quality one, preferably from a pharmacy

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Ok guys so I am experiencing something strange and would like to ask you if its serious. recently I noticed that when i lift with my right hand and then switch and start lifting with the left, my right arm starts hurting inside, that happens quiet often but never happened before. Whats the reason? I also prepare before lifting like stretching and exercising hands and arms.

Forum Elder
    Ecactly where does it hurt? Whithin the muscle or near the ends where your ligaments and tendons are?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Ecactly where does it hurt? Whithin the muscle or near the ends where your ligaments and tendons are?

The muscle and the veins kinda, you know its not the ordinary muscle hurting, something strange.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    The muscle and the veins kinda, you know its not the ordinary muscle hurting, something strange.
    Maybe want to ask a doc about that.
    I know if I dont warm up properly my tendond will get very sore and cause pain.

if its only one muscle doing it it could be a pinched nerve but its best to be safe and have it checked out if you have any doubt.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Maybe want to ask a doc about that.
    I know if I dont warm up properly my tendond will get very sore and cause pain.

if its only one muscle doing it it could be a pinched nerve but its best to be safe and have it checked out if you have any doubt.

^^^This. Won't hurt to see a doc just to be sure.

Administrator
    Mystery pains you can't explain are always a good sign to go for a check up. Life is too precious to just let your health ride on questions and guessing.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Meh, I dont feel like going to the doctor just because of that. I dont think its that serious, but still kinda disturbs me. The thing is that when I am lifting with my right hand nothing hurts it only starts when i switch hand and start lifting with the left one, then the right hand starts hurting.

The Heisman
    went from 14.9% body fat to 13.3% in 4 weeks. not too shabby.

celebrating with a milkshake and girl scout cookies (samoas)

hey you gotta live a little

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Administrator

Health & Exercise Thread! 2.0

Meh, I dont feel like going to the doctor just because of that. I dont think its that serious, but still kinda disturbs me. The thing is that when I am lifting with my right hand nothing hurts it only starts when i switch hand and start lifting with the left one, then the right hand starts hurting.
    Whatever, man. Up to you. Not trying to sound like a $#@!, but if you don't want to get it looked at then stop complaining about it. There's nothing we can do to help you. I'm just telling you people die from not getting crap looked at. It could be anything... could be something small or it could be something like a blood clot, which can kill you. Lifting weights puts strain on your body and any number of issues can arise. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    went from 14.9% body fat to 13.3% in 4 weeks. not too shabby.

celebrating with a milkshake and girl scout cookies (samoas)

hey you gotta live a little
    Grats... and oh lord... I love the peanut butter ones.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Whatever, man. Up to you. Not trying to sound like a $#@!, but if you don't want to get it looked at then stop complaining about it. There's nothing we can do to help you. I'm just telling you people die from not getting crap looked at. It could be anything... could be something small or it could be something like a blood clot, which can kill you. Lifting weights puts strain on your body and any number of issues can arise. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Grats... and oh lord... I love the peanut butter ones.

I will make a pause with lifting this weekend and will see if it will help. I dont think that this hurting might cause serious issues though. I dont know its just that such issues really piss me off.

Maybe its because of the lack of stretching, any stretching or preparation suggestions before lifting one handed weights?
    Last edited by Cybertox; 02-09-2013 at 18:48.

Administrator

Health & Exercise Thread! 2.0

I will make a pause with lifting this weekend and will see if it will help. I dont think that this hurting might cause serious issues though. I dont know its just that such issues really piss me off.

Maybe its because of the lack of stretching, any stretching or preparation suggestions before lifting one handed weights?
    I personally warm up with a few light sets when doing single arm lifts to get the blood flowing. Sometimes more than a few. I do ad many as many as I can until I feel I'm ready to go heavy. Taking some time off might do you some good. Just be weary. The body is a bizarre thing and everyone is different biologically.

It's also important to have "light" weeks... meaning you should switch between heavy set weeks and light set weeks so you're not over-exhausting your tendons/muscles/ligaments. If you injure a tendon or ligament, they have significantly less blood flow than muscles and take forever to heal.

Weird issues piss me off as well. It's frustrating to no end when your body isn't functioning properly.
    Last edited by Brandon; 02-09-2013 at 19:03.

x6Teen2

inb4 it just gets worse

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I personally warm up with a few light sets when doing single arm lifts to get the blood flowing. Sometimes more than a few. I do ad many as many as I can until I feel I'm ready to go heavy. Taking some time off might do you some good. Just be weary. The body is a bizarre thing and everyone is different biologically.

It's also important to have "light" weeks... meaning you should switch between heavy set weeks and light set weeks so you're not over-exhausting your tendons/muscles/ligaments. If you injure a tendon or ligament, they have significantly less blood flow than muscles and take forever to heal.

Weird issues piss me off as well. It's frustrating to no end when your body isn't functioning properly.
    What do you mean light sets? How do i do them?

Never mind, figured it out lol.

Its also strange cause I didnt have such a problem before. Well nothing like that, maybe some light pains which went away after regular training.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 02-09-2013 at 20:40.

Forum Elder
    Question

Do any of you guys take a pre workout drink?

I used to take gnc brand amp (i think). I switched to 1mr, but I dont want all the caffeine.

Will straight l-arginine give me the same benefit as the other drinks without the caffeine?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Heisman
    I typically work out on an empty stomach.

My workouts are at 530a so its difficult to eat something beforehand and have enough time to adequately digest it. I had read that working out on an empty stomach promotes fat burning but it can also hinder performance a little.

recently I've been trying to eat a handful of almonds/cashews and a cup of almond/coconut milk about 45 mintutes before working out. Haven't really noticed a difference

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Forum Elder
    When im cutting down I wakeup, eat an egg, and one scoop whey protein before I workout. Just no carbs.

I get down to my summer weight in about 2 weeks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1

Forum Elder
    I cant open that link on my phone. Ill check it out later.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Did everyone stop working out?! This thread was dead!!

I'm 50 days in on my workouts and i feel Awesome!! I'm at 8-9% fat from 23% my weight is 96KG no weights, just body weight exercises i'll probably buy a weight vest to up my training a notch.

Administrator
    I'm finally back in the gym again, working through this previous injury. Don't want to re-injure myself so I'm taking it slower than usual. Also, one of my best friends asked me to train her, so that's kind of cool. :] Training her 3 times a week. Getting her strong as fuh.

@ brebaz:: Nice, man!

@ chrisw:: You don't want to open that link. =\

Thread Information