Latest PSU headlines:

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 516171 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1830
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Harradence View Post
    Can't say I have mate, but I have heard about them. Would you mind giving me a bit of basic info?
    There's a trillion ways to go about building up your strength, but perhaps this can give you some ideas:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/wor...ng-system.html
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I wish I started deadlifting sooner, this $#@! is great. Probably all in my head but I feel like it helps my posture as well

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I wish I started deadlifting sooner, this $#@! is great. Probably all in my head but I feel like it helps my posture as well
    Considering it works the hell out of your back, it's definitely not in your head.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    What does it take to reach 6-7% body fat?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    What does it take to reach 6-7% body fat?
    A good diet.

Carb cycling and PSMF are good diets to get into the single digits.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    A good diet.

Carb cycling and PSMF are good diets to get into the single digits.
    do you think the keto diet would help to reach that percentage?

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I'm Cycling my carbs now, but protein intake proves to be very difficult!! I need around 210Grams of protein daily and it would be a very good day if i reach 170 grams!

What do you think about IsoPure protein shakes?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    do you think the keto diet would help to reach that percentage?
    If it works for you, then yes. That isn't a diet you can stay on for long periods of time, though.

I'm Cycling my carbs now, but protein intake proves to be very difficult!! I need around 210Grams of protein daily and it would be a very good day if i reach 170 grams!
    It shouldn't be any harder than what you are doing now... especially since losing body fat generally requires losing weight... so you should be eating less calories. How are you cycling your carbs? Carb cycling is usually a 3 day cyclic diet where 1 day is high carbs, day 2 is medium carbs, and day 3 is low to no carbs... with some obvious modifications in between.

What do you think about IsoPure protein shakes?
    Whey isolate is good protein. Whey isolate also has a lot of anti-oxidants.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    If it works for you, then yes. That isn't a diet you can stay on for long periods of time, though.

It shouldn't be any harder than what you are doing now... especially since losing body fat generally requires losing weight... so you should be eating less calories. How are you cycling your carbs? Carb cycling is usually a 3 day cyclic diet where 1 day is high carbs, day 2 is medium carbs, and day 3 is low to no carbs... with some obvious modifications in between.

Whey isolate is good protein. Whey isolate also has a lot of anti-oxidants.
    I do 2 days of high carbs, 2 days medium and 3 days with no carbs or i keep it at minimum. Started doing this the beginning of this month.

How many times a days can it be taken? or once is enough?

Elite Guru
    Considering it works the hell out of your back, it's definitely not in your head.
    Heard! I really do regret not doing them before. I do them after squats now. My posture has always been something I needed to sort and I'm more mindful of it now than ever before

Administrator

Health & Exercise Thread! 2.0

I do 2 days of high carbs, 2 days medium and 3 days with no carbs or i keep it at minimum. Started doing this the beginning of this month.
    Is this a diet you came up with or did you find it somewhere? There's a lot more to carb cycling than just adjusting your carb intake. How is what you're doing working so far?

How many times a days can it be taken? or once is enough?
    You can take the protein as many times as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Heard! I really do regret not doing them before. I do them after squats now. My posture has always been something I needed to sort and I'm more mindful of it now than ever before
    Just be very careful with them. Try to think of each rep as their own set. Take time and focus all that you are with each rep, taking a break in between each one. There's no rush with deads. Take your time with them and completely focus on your form.
    Last edited by Brandon; 03-08-2013 at 18:01.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Is this a diet you came up with or did you find it somewhere? There's a lot more to carb cycling than just adjusting your carb intake. How is what you're doing working so far?

You can take the protein as many times as you like.

Just be very careful with them. Try to think of each rep as their own set. Take time and focus all that you are with each rep, taking a break in between each one. There's no rush with deads. Take your time with them and completely focus on your form.
    I did it by chance, believe it or not! It's working very well so far for me no weights and no pull-up bar in sight where i work out! So, i just stick to push-ups, Squats, Cardio (rope, Stairs & i will soon start to run again once my ankle is full healed) and of course Advanced crunches ( if there's such a thing) I feel light weight and i have more energy everyday.

Administrator
    I did it by chance, believe it or not! It's working very well so far for me no weights and no pull-up bar in sight where i work out! So, i just stick to push-ups, Squats, Cardio (rope, Stairs & i will soon start to run again once my ankle is full healed) and of course Advanced crunches ( if there's such a thing) I feel light weight and i have more energy everyday.
    I would look for an actual carb cycling diet if you are interested in getting to that low of body fat.

This might help you out: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._cycling_codex

Lots of good info there.

14. Likes TheBreezyBB likes this post
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I would look for an actual carb cycling diet if you are interested in getting to that low of body fat.

This might help you out: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._cycling_codex

Lots of good info there.
    I will do so for sure. Thanks for your help

Administrator
    No prob, bro. I've since switched to Carb Back-Loading for my cutting needs, which is a modified version of PSMF, but I get to eat a $#@!load of carbs at night.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    No prob, bro. I've since switched to Carb Back-Loading for my cutting needs, which is a modified version of PSMF, but I get to eat a $#@!load of carbs at night.
    That's awesome! eating carbs at night is never good for most people!!

Administrator
    eating carbs at night is never good for most people!!
    How is that not good for most people?

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    How is that not good for most people?
    Most people tend to get fat, is what i'm trying to say.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post
    common myth.

meal timing is irrelevant. you can eat carbs whenever you want. you can gain weight/fat from any nutrient be it protein, fat, carb etc.
    This.

btw pbm are you srs about your avi?
    Yes. I just find her attractive... just like I find Eva Mendes in yours attractive.

Administrator
    Valerie Poxleitner

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I just bought a weighted vest to push myself a bit more in my workouts now (18KG-40lb) Let's see how i'm gonna do tomorrow!!

Administrator
    I just bought a weighted vest to push myself a bit more in my workouts now (18KG-40lb) Let's see how i'm gonna do tomorrow!!
    Cool. That should def help.

PSU U.K. Executive Editor and Podcast Host
    Items User name styleLed ZeppelinAssassins Creed Ezio3DSDreamcastNintendo 64Vita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    There's a trillion ways to go about building up your strength, but perhaps this can give you some ideas:
    Cheers, i'll give it a read when I get some free time!

On the subject of cutting around here, I always seemed to do very well shedding fat. It's putting muscle on that always gave me problems, since getting the balance just right is quite tricky I found. When cutting, I didn't really do any fancy sort of routine; I simply kept protein high, and lowered the carbs (and sometimes fat) and did 40 minutes of cardio per day, and of course the usual weight lifting routine. I lost about 1 - 1.5lbs per week, and got some great results.

The lowest I've been is about 9%, although to be honest for me I thought it was a little too low. For me personally, I look better at around 10-11%. Never really been a fan of the super low b/f, but when bulking it's obviously better to be as low as possible.

I really love the maintenance period after a good cut though; having abs all year around last year was great, and not feeling fat and bloated was a huge plus too (that's what sucks about bulking).
    http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=263583&dateline=13663  69798

Elite Guru
    Tried to front squat today but found it really hard to keep my elbows up even with just the bar. I did persist though and did what I could, but felt dirty afterwards cus of the sloppy form. Is my inability to keep my elbows pointed up during the squat a weakness in my shoulders? I do have pretty bad shoulders mehh - I really should train them more

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I got a question for those who lift. 200KG for leg presses as a beginner who never lifted weights is it high or low?

Thread Information