Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 536373 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1849
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post
    man PT's like substance are the ones that give personal training such a bad rep tbh
    Not even close. My rep is all good.

Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    Last shot and now it's time for my vacation!! See you all in a month time.
    Looking mighty lean. Keep up the good work.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    man PT's like substance are the ones that give personal training such a bad rep tbh
    Definitely lol!
    Glad we got some facts in this thread though

@brebaz, nice! I want that beard lol. enjoy your vacation mate!
    Last edited by Nitey; 03-27-2013 at 20:36.

Elite Sage
    between gullible people uneducated on the science of health and fitness maybe.
    It ain't all about science all the time . You'll learn that one day. Anybody can improve their health and physique but it's not always necessary to take the exact same path to get there.

Definitely lol!
    Glad we got some facts in this thread though
    There is a world of difference between facts and truth. Sometimes facts can obscure the truth.

Administrator
    That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If that's your excuse for ignorance, more power to you.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If that's your excuse for ignorance, more power to you.
    Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Keep that in mind little one.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Keep that in mind little one.
    Yes, you are both ignorant and unwilling to learn.

Elite Sage
    Yes, you are both ignorant and unwilling to learn.
    We all are ignorant at times and change is the end result of all true learning.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Sub-stance needs to be banned from this thread.

Learn to do signatures here

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    There is a world of difference between facts and truth. Sometimes facts can obscure the truth.
    We all are ignorant at times and change is the end result of all true learning.
    These posts could easily have been written by claud.

Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    lol

Elite Sage
    except your not sharing a different path to the same result. you are simply spreading misinformation, and as a PT you should know better.
    Misinformation? Nah, i'm not doing that. Fitness personnel often have disagreements about things. It's not misinformation. Its whats works from their experiences. It varies from person to person. What works for me may or may not work for others.

being healthy and improving ones physique is really simple. lift hard with right volume and intensity, do cardio, get your macros and micros, don't binge all the time and stay consistent.
    Of course it is. All it takes is some dedication and motivation.

all the BS around those simple steps that is being spread by uneducated people is whats ruining this sport/lifestyle.
    No. It's just different things work for different people depending on their goals. Sometimes you have to find your own exercise truths-the things that are true to you.

You can't ban someone just because they have a disagreement. If that was the case there would be a lot less members. I can live with someone disagreeing with me. I've never steered anyone in the wrong direction. It's not my fault that some only choose to focus on the things they disagree with.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-28-2013 at 17:04.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    You post things here with absolutely no backing, and claim they are facts. Very harmful for beginners who come here in search for real information. Was absolutely hilarious when you tried to prove your spot-fat reduction myth to be true with the most jaw-droppingly horrible sources.

Learn to do signatures here

Administrator
    Misinformation? Nah, i'm not doing that. Fitness personnel often have disagreements about things. It's not misinformation. Its whats works from their experiences. It varies from person to person. What works for me may or may not work for others.
    Yes, misinformation. The problem is that you don't even realize you're doing it. You're confusing your experiences with reality. Oftentimes people will attribute their experiences with how they got to a goal or achieved something and they relate it to something they did, but they're not sure how or why it happened. You said in order to get lean, you have to do cardio and that lifting all the time will not get you lean muscle. That is wrong in every imaginable way. Muscle is not either lean or not lean. All muscle is lean. To say lifting won't give you lean muscle is absurd and laughable. That "lean look" is a result of having some muscle combined with low body fat. That's it. There's nothing more to it than that. This low body fat is achieved through changing the food you shovel into your face. You achieved leanness through running or cardio or whatever it is you want to call it by reducing your body fat through exercise and by coincidentally eating the right things (I say coincidentally because at this point I don't believe you even knew what you were eating and you just happened to shed body fat by chance).

Sure, experiences can have a role in how you train yourself or how you train people, but when you are completely pissing into the wind and just assuming A is a result of B when you don't even know and your reasoning contradicts basic exercise science, that is not okay... and it is your job as a PT to know the difference.

No. It's just different things work for different people depending on their goals. Sometimes you have to find your own exercise truths-the things that are true to you.
    Nobody is arguing that different things work for different people. However, most things work to some degree for most people and only need to be modified for various situations, such as post rehab patients or elderly folks who can't do something as described by their healthcare provider. You're making it seem as though every person is some different species, but we're not. We're all made up of the same stuff, with the differences being age, gender, injury history, and diseases/conditions, etc etc etc. We're all made of bone, muscle, sinew, tendons/ligaments, organs, etc.

I've never steered anyone in the wrong direction. It's not my fault that some only choose to focus on the things they disagree with.
    Although I wouldn't call what you said dangerous by any means, I would equate misinforming someone due to your inability to further your knowledge on something to steering someone in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by Brandon; 03-28-2013 at 19:03.

Elite Sage
    You post things here with absolutely no backing, and claim they are facts. Very harmful for beginners who come here in search for real information. Was absolutely hilarious when you tried to prove your spot-fat reduction myth to be true with the most jaw-droppingly horrible sources.
    No backing? I only suggest certain things people should try sometimes. As for spot-fat. Your body will burn fat according to your genetic makeup. There are certain things you can do like interval workouts to burn more stomach fat. Will you burn fat in others places? Most likely, but it's not totally impossible to hit a specific area. There have been studies that show that it's possible to a certain degree. Would I suggest that people do it? No, but I would never say it's impossible even though many in the fitness world say it is. Believe it or not, there are people out there who agree with me on this.

Yes, misinformation. The problem is that you don't even realize you're doing it. You're confusing your experiences with reality. Oftentimes people will attribute their experiences with how they got to a goal or achieved something and they relate it to something they did, but they're not sure how or why it happened. You said in order to get lean, you have to do cardio and that lifting all the time will not get you lean muscle. That is wrong in every imaginable way. Muscle is not either lean or not lean. All muscle is lean. To say lifting won't give you lean muscle is absurd and laughable. That "lean look" is a result of having some muscle combined with low body fat. That's it. There's nothing more to it than that. This low body fat is achieved through changing the food you shovel into your face. You achieved leanness through running or cardio or whatever it is you want to call it by reducing your body fat through exercise and by coincidentally eating the right things (I say coincidentally because at this point I don't believe you even knew what you were eating and you just happened to shed body fat by chance).
    It's not misinformation dude...lol You can keep saying that all day but I'm not gonna agree with it. I'm not confused at all.

Sure, experiences can have a role in how you train yourself or how you train people, but when you are completely pissing into the wind and just assuming A is a result of B when you don't even know and your reasoning contradicts basic exercise science, that is not okay... and it is your job as a PT to know the difference.
    I know the differences. Like I said before , you are taking $#@! too literally and blowing up over nothing.

Nobody is arguing that different things work for different people. However, most things work to some degree for most people and only need to be modified for various situations, such as post rehab patients or elderly folks who can't do something as described by their healthcare provider. You're making it seem as though every person is some different species, but we're not. We're all made up of the same stuff, with the differences being age, gender, injury history, and diseases/conditions, etc etc etc. We're all made of bone, muscle, sinew, tendons/ligaments, organs, etc.
    No I'm not. I'm well aware that we all have basically the same make up. Telling a person they need cardio isn't so bad. You are making something out of nothing. I stand by what I said. Depending on the person and the goal, which I clearly stated, some type of cardio is needed for lean body/muscle tissue and it improves nutrient partitioning.

Although I wouldn't call what you said dangerous by any means, I would equate misinforming someone due to your inability to further your knowledge on something to steering someone in the wrong direction.
    There is no way what I suggested would steer him the wrong direction. Not even close to it. The person I had the conversation with seems to be OK with it. He is free not to take the advice. You seem to be the one with the problem here, not me.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-28-2013 at 19:56.

Administrator
    It's not information dude...lol You can keep saying that all day but I'm not gonna agree with it. I'm not confused at all.
    This doesn't even make sense.

I know the differences. Like I said before , you are taking $#@! too literally and blowing up over nothing.
    This makes even less sense. Everything that's been said in this thread has been literal, including everything you've said. I'm not sure you even know what literal means.

-----------------------
    Adjective

1. Taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory.
    -----------------------

No I'm not. I'm well aware that we all have basically the same make up. Telling a person they need cardio isn't so bad.
    Nobody in this thread said cardio was bad.

You are making something out of nothing.
    No, you are pulling fallacies out of the air and claiming them as fact.

I stand by what I said. Depending on the person and the goal, which I clearly stated, some type of cardio is needed for lean body/muscle tissue and it improves nutrient partitioning.
    We're all aware that you stand by your misinformation. That's the heart of the problem and you are oblivious to it.

There is no way what I suggested would steer him the wrong direction. Not even close to it. The person I had the conversation with seems to be OK with it. He is free not to take the advice. You seem to be the one with the problem here, not me.
    Giving someone false information and them being okay with it means they are just as unaware as you are. It isn't their fault you're giving them bad information, but them not knowing any better does not validate your false information and somehow make it okay because they're fine with it out of ignorance and them putting faith in you as a trusted source of information... which is clearly misplaced trust.

Elite Sage
    This doesn't even make sense.
    Makes perfect sense to me.

This makes even less sense. Everything that's been said in this thread has been literal, including everything you've said. I'm not sure you even know what literal means.
    I know what it means and I know what I said. Like I said before you seem to be the one with the problem.

Nobody in this thread said cardio was bad.
    I never said they did.

No, you are pulling fallacies out of the air and claiming them as fact.
    Not even. No fallacies. I stand by that. Anyone is free to disagree with that but I stand by it. You need to really get that through your head.

We're all aware that you stand by your misinformation. That's the heart of the problem and you are oblivious to it.
    If that's true then let me be oblivious. It's not your problem.

[Giving someone false information and them being okay with it means they are just as unaware as you are. It isn't their fault you're giving them bad information, but them not knowing any better does not validate your false information and somehow make it okay because they're fine with it out of ignorance and them putting faith in you as a trusted source of information... which is clearly misplaced trust.
    What false information? Nothing I said is false.

Stop wasting time trying to win a battle dude. If what i say bothers you that much then use the ignore feature. It's really that simple. You aren't changing my view so just learn how to just walk away.

On topic:

It's kettle bell day.

Pretty good workout.

Administrator
    You are hopeless.

Makes perfect sense to me.
    Of course it does. And only to you.

I know what it means and I know what I said. Like I said before you seem to be the one with the problem.
    I do have a problem with people misinforming others, yes.

I never said they did.
    You said that telling someone they need cardio isn't so bad... therefore... you implied that someone said cardio was bad... if you didn't... you didn't need to say that to begin with. So yes, you did. And cardio wasn't the issue... stating that cardio is needed for lean body tissue because lifting alone will not get you there is false. If someone is just lifting properly they don't need cardio for that "lean look", they just need to diet down. On top of giving false information you lack basic communication skills... so much that you don't even understand what you yourself are saying.

Not even. No fallacies. I stand by that. Anyone is free to disagree with that but I stand by it. You need to really get that through your head.
    Lol. Okay.

If that's true then let me be oblivious. It's not your problem.
    Let you be oblivious. You are doing a fine job of that on your own.

What false information? Nothing I said is false.
    That is the problem. You're unaware.

Stop wasting time trying to win a battle dude. If what i say bothers you that much then use the ignore feature. It's really that simple. You aren't changing my view so just learn how to just walk away.
    There's no battle to be won. You're wrong and have convinced yourself you're right.

You're fortunate enough to be posting this nonsense in a video game forum where only a handful of people are educated on health and fitness. If you were to post this garbage in a fitness-dedicated forum, they'd tear you a new one.
    Last edited by Brandon; 03-28-2013 at 21:05.

Elite Sage
    You are hopeless.
    Hopeless no. Optimistic maybe.

Of course it does. And only to you.
    And that's what matters.

I do have a problem with people misinforming others, yes.
    When you focus on problems, you gain more problems... when you focus on possibilities, you gain more opportunities.

[You said that telling someone they need cardio isn't so bad... therefore... you implied that someone said cardio was bad... if you didn't... you didn't need to say that to begin with. So yes, you did. And cardio wasn't the issue... stating that cardio is needed for lean body tissue because lifting alone will not get you there is false. If someone is just lifting properly they don't need cardio for that "lean look", they just need to diet down. On top of giving false information you lack basic communication skills... so much that you don't even understand what you yourself are saying.
    Not false and it depends on the person. The need depends on the person.

Let you be oblivious. You are doing a fine job of that on your own.
    I'll be that optimist and you can be that pessimist. I'm not that focused on any personal perspective.

That is the problem. You're unaware.
    Not at all. That's your opinion and it's cool with me.

There's no battle to be won. You're wrong and have convinced yourself you're right

So stop fighting then. I'm not trying to convince myself. You are trying to convince me to change my view and it's not gonna happen. I still stand by what I said. You can disagree all you want. I won't try to convince you otherwise.

[You're fortunate enough to be posting this nonsense in a video game forum where only a handful of people are educated on health and fitness. If you were to post this garbage in a fitness-dedicated forum, they'd tear you a new one.
    I doubt I'd get torn apart. I think there will be some who will agree. Some won't but that's the way it is. And that goes for fitness as well as other subject. Sometimes a honest disagreement is a good sign of progress.

On Topic:
    Had a good workout today. Totally killed the chest and biceps. Finished it off with some kettle bells and I'm still feeling it.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-29-2013 at 00:30.

Administrator
    There's nothing optimistic about willful ignorance. I'm a student of applied science, not delusional egotism which you've so eloquently displayed for us. You can keep convincing yourself of all these things, but it changes nothing. You hold no credibility if this is the mindset you've chosen take and nobody can help you but yourself.

Elite Sage
    There's nothing optimistic about willful ignorance. I'm a student of applied science, not delusional egotism which you've so eloquently displayed for us. You can keep convincing yourself of all these things, but it changes nothing. You hold no credibility if this is the mindset you've chosen take and nobody can help you but yourself.
    I don't need anyone's help. I'm doing fine. I'm not seeking your approval for anything .

Administrator
    Glad to hear it. Let's move on.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    What has he done to our thread......

It's like a rash lol

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    What has he done to our thread......

It's like a rash lol
    An infected rash, no less.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Very happy that it's getting warm outside again. Running on a treadmill and at the track in my gym ... horribly tedious and boring!
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Very happy that it's getting warm outside again. Running on a treadmill and at the track in my gym ... horribly tedious and boring!
    Yeah, definitely. I enjoy running outside way more than the treadmill, but the warmth of Spring is taking its sweet time to get here.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Yeah, definitely. I enjoy running outside way more than the treadmill, but the warmth of Spring is taking its sweet time to get here.
    I take whatever I can get. Yesterday I went out for a run despite piles of snow on the ground, and it felt great. Much more fulfilling and challenging than any of the runs I've had this Winter. Plus it was a better workout because I was forced to vault plenty of tall snow piles if I wanted to run consistently.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Thread Information