Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5464 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1842
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    I take whatever I can get. Yesterday I went out for a run despite piles of snow on the ground, and it felt great. Much more fulfilling and challenging than any of the runs I've had this Winter. Plus it was a better workout because I was forced to vault plenty of tall snow piles if I wanted to run consistently.
    Lol. Well don't hurt yourself hurdling over those piles of snow.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    What has he done to our thread......

It's like a rash lol
    Nothing. The thread lives on.

Very happy that it's getting warm outside again. Running on a treadmill and at the track in my gym ... horribly tedious and boring!
    Don't like the treadmill much either. If I do use it I go about 30 min on a incline and go hard.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Decided to go for a longer run this afternoon. Ran about six and a half miles within an hour. After running so much at the gym this winter I'm finding that my indoor mile time and outdoor mile times are quite different. But the struggle is what makes it fun, I suppose.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Administrator
    Decided to go for a longer run this afternoon. Ran about six and a half miles within an hour. After running so much at the gym this winter I'm finding that my indoor mile time and outdoor mile times are quite different. But the struggle is what makes it fun, I suppose.
    Well, running on a treadmill is biomechanically different than running outside with constantly changing terrain. Your nervous system has to constantly adapt to the ground beneath you for balance and other things. Running inside definitely does not prepare you for running outside. They both have their pros and cons. I prefer running outside though, but it's not always possible.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    90 Days are done and also the photo shoot is done!!
    Don't stop no matter what even a small progress can change you one day. After 90 days I did a photoshoot by myself to show my progress in 90 days time. I started with 23% body fat and I couldn't even do 10 pushups or run more than 2km 90 days ago and the last 30 days I was eating junk food and smoking shisha everyday just to show people that its not your diet that is stopping you. I didn't lift any weights so it was even harder for me to reach this level in just 90 days.

Attachment 4532

6. Likes Fijiandoce, Nitey likes this post
    Administrator
    Very nice work, bro. Keep it up. :]

~ Tapaaaatallllkkkk

8. Likes TheBreezyBB likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Nicely done Brebaz !

So how many pushups and how far can you run now and your bodyfat after 90 days if I may ask? =].

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I hate to be the guy who asks what I'm sure you've been asked numerous times... But how exactly did you do it, Brebaz?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    90 Days are done and also the photo shoot is done!!
    Don't stop no matter what even a small progress can change you one day. After 90 days I did a photoshoot by myself to show my progress in 90 days time. I started with 23% body fat and I couldn't even do 10 pushups or run more than 2km 90 days ago and the last 30 days I was eating junk food and smoking shisha everyday just to show people that its not your diet that is stopping you. I didn't lift any weights so it was even harder for me to reach this level in just 90 days.
    I'm glad you achieved what you did, but this isn't helpful advice. Diet is very important and although you don't need to eat 100% clean to reach your goals, you don't go from 23% body fat to what you are now by not caring about diet. You stated earlier in this thread that you require eating considerable calories to put on weight, so even though you were eating crap the last 30 days, you were still consuming less calories than you were burning through all this extensive exercise you were doing. Whether that was intentional or not, that's how it happened. And Shisha doesn't have any calories, so that really isn't pertinent to your physique. If anything, smoking Shisha made you burn more calories. Congrats again on achieving your goals, though.

What stops people most of the time is a lack of persistence and dedication. You stuck to your guns for 90 days without giving in and you achieved great things. That is what you can take away from all this and that is what you can say to people to inspire them. Most people work out for a month and take a 3 month break... work out for a month... and take a 3 month break... etc. If people day in and day out put their nose to the grindstone and just dedicated themselves for an entire year, they'd change their lives forever. But a large majority of people don't make it that long. You gotta dig deep and find that inner lion... that inner beast... and attack this crap with every fiber of your being. It's not some temporary fix... it requires a change in lifestyle and everyone has the potential inside them... they just gotta let it out.

Here's to another 90 days, bro. Cheers.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Nicely done Brebaz !

So how many pushups and how far can you run now and your bodyfat after 90 days if I may ask? =].
    I can do around 70-80 push-ups and i run around 10KM as a warm up! Exact body fat i'm not sure now but around 7-8%

I hate to be the guy who asks what I'm sure you've been asked numerous times... But how exactly did you do it, Brebaz?
    I had a goal i wanted to achieve no matter how hard it was at first, i didn't stop.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I'm glad you achieved what you did, but this isn't helpful advice. Diet is very important and although you don't need to eat 100% clean to reach your goals, you don't go from 23% body fat to what you are now by not caring about diet. You stated earlier in this thread that you require eating considerable calories to put on weight, so even though you were eating crap the last 30 days, you were still consuming less calories than you were burning through all this extensive exercise you were doing. Whether that was intentional or not, that's how it happened. And Shisha doesn't have any calories, so that really isn't pertinent to your physique. If anything, smoking Shisha made you burn more calories. Congrats again on achieving your goals, though.

What stops people most of the time is a lack of persistence and dedication. You stuck to your guns for 90 days without giving in and you achieved great things. That is what you can take away from all this and that is what you can say to people to inspire them. Most people work out for a month and take a 3 month break... work out for a month... and take a 3 month break... etc. If people day in and day out put their nose to the grindstone and just dedicated themselves for an entire year, they'd change their lives forever. But a large majority of people don't make it that long. You gotta dig deep and find that inner lion... that inner beast... and attack this crap with every fiber of your being. It's not some temporary fix... it requires a change in lifestyle and everyone has the potential inside them... they just gotta let it out.

Here's to another 90 days, bro. Cheers.
    I know it's not helpful for most people but some will start working out and they can't just cut their habits in the first 30 days, so i was doing that to actually help them out at the beginning. I'm pretty sure i was eating more calories then i could burn in a day! but my metabolism became better. Also, Shisha at the beginning was very bad for my stamina in the first 10 days, and that's all.

I was doing that for the past 30 days as an experiment to see what i can achieve while doing what i was doing. It all comes to your hard work and the goals you want to achieve.

Administrator
    I understand. If people get overwhelmed with too much when they're first starting out, they're likely to just give up.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Okay, guys. I finally got my bench and my bar. I have 300 plus the 45 pound bar. I haven't lifted in years and The last time I've done It I was doing 100 plus pounds. So now I've got back in It and I noticed that I was really tired after doing about 10 reps. I had like a 120 on the bar and I was like dang I'm out of shape So my question to you guys Is should I do low weight with higher reps or lower reps with more weights?

Also, what food should I eat and workout style should I use to get Bruce Lee's body?

upload photos
    Last edited by Silvy; 04-04-2013 at 00:35.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Okay, guys. I finally got my bench and my bar. I have 300 plus the 45 pound bar. I haven't lifted in years and The last time I've done It I was doing 100 plus pounds. So now I've got back in It and I noticed that I was really tired after doing about 10 reps. I had like a 120 on the bar and I was like dang I'm out of shape So my question to you guys Is should I do low weight with higher reps or lower reps with more weights?

Also, what food should I eat and workout style should I use to get Bruce Lee's body?

upload photos
    I'd say do both. Switch up every now and then. Just focus on your workout, be consistent, and eat healthy. Lee did have a good muscular physique, but the guy was tiny. He was just naturally skinny but had impressive muscles, great flexibility, and was very strong for a guy his size. Getting his body shouldn't be your focus. You may get his physique or maybe an even better one if you work hard enough at it. Your genes will determine where it takes you.

16. Likes Silvy likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I'd say do both. Switch up every now and then. Just focus on your workout, be consistent, and eat healthy. Lee did have a good muscular physique, but the guy was tiny. He was just naturally skinny but had impressive muscles, great flexibility, and was very strong for a guy his size. Getting his body shouldn't be your focus. You may get his physique or maybe an even better one if you work hard enough at it. Your genes will determine where it takes you.
    Oh like Lee I'm also tiny. 5.6 and like a 135 pounds. We weighed the same until he went up to 165 I believe. What should I eat? (Eggs,meat, oatmeal, bananas, and cheese?) Should I get a protein powder?My final question is what do you define as low weights vs high weights?

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Oh like Lee I'm also tiny. 5.6 and like a 135 pounds. We weighed the same until he went up to 165 I believe. What should I eat? (Eggs,meat, oatmeal, bananas, and cheese?)
    Yes, those are good things. If you eat meat I would throw in some chicken, fish, and steak too. Don't forget about veggies, other fruits and nuts.

[
    Should I get a protein powder?
    Yes, i would recommend some whey protein unless you have some digestive issues.. You can take it before or right after your workout.( I prefer after) You can also use it as a meal replacement too.

My final question is what do you define as low weights vs high weights?
    If you mean light or heavy weights, it all depends on the person. The poundage i use is good for me, but you may not need to lift as heavy to get the same results.

Just make sure you don't go too heavy that it affects your form and you're straining....... and not too light either. You really want to hit those fibers good. I would say go with a weight that you can do about 10 reps. Those final 1 to 2 reps you should really have to work at. As you get stronger you can up the weight and mix up the rep range/sets however you see fit. Just works towards a goal but make sure it's realistic and attainable.

Don't forget to throw in some cardio a few times a week if you need it.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 04-04-2013 at 01:48.

Administrator
    What kind of equipment do you have? Do you just have the bench and Olympic barbell and plates?

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    How accurate is accu-measure caliper? I took some measurement a little bit ago and i checked this (http://www.linear-software.com/online.html) to calculate. Here's the result ---5.84%---

Administrator
    It's accurate within a few percentage points.

The most accurate body fat test is DEXA (Dual-Emission X-Ray Absorptiometry). If you really want to know exact percentages, this is the way to go.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    It's accurate within a few percentage points.

The most accurate body fat test is DEXA (Dual-Emission X-Ray Absorptiometry). If you really want to know exact percentages, this is the way to go.
    Well, I'm pretty sure that i can't find such a thing here where i live!!

Administrator
    It's a pretty common procedure... you can probably get it done at a local hospital. Most people get it done to test for osteoperosis, but athletes obviously get it done to determine exact body fat percentage. The calipers should be fairly accurate, though. Their accuracy is increased based on your experience and whatnot. I would take measurements a few times then average them together, if anything.

I would only get it done if it's something you absolutely need to know, because it will cost money. Might be a good thing to do at least once... such as the day you do a caliper reading. It will determine how accurate your measuring is.
    Last edited by Brandon; 04-06-2013 at 17:37.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I took the measurement 4 times just to be sure I'm not doing it wrong, watched a couple of videos on youtube and did it again just to be more sure and the reading was almost exactly the same!

I don't really want to spend money just to check something like my body fat lol! the caliper is cheap and enough for my use.

Administrator
    Like I said, there's a few percentage point discrepancy, but they're fairly accurate. It gets a little hard to measure though when you're extremely low body fat and the skin is really taut and hard to get a measurement from... not that it's a bad thing. :]

Administrator
    Nice striations.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    There's this stereotype that all forum-goers are a bunch of lazy, overweight nerds ... and then you see pictures of brebaz and x6Teen.

What I'm trying to do at the moment is, when time permits, do 30 minutes to an hour of cardio one day, and then 30 minutes to an hour of weightlifting the other. I've been attempting to do that as many days of the week as possible, usually ending up about 5-to-6 days per week. I still need to get better at getting together an organized regime, though.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    There's this stereotype that all forum-goers are a bunch of lazy, overweight nerds ... and then you see pictures of brebaz and x6Teen.

What I'm trying to do at the moment is, when time permits, do 30 minutes to an hour of cardio one day, and then 30 minutes to an hour of weightlifting the other. I've been attempting to do that as many days of the week as possible, usually ending up about 5-to-6 days per week. I still need to get better at getting together an organized regime, though.
    Me too man.

Although I've gone a long way in achieveing my first real goal in fitness (lose a ton of weight, second goal would be to add muscle mass ), I sure have been slipping over the past week or so. I tend to do this every other month. grr

It's mostly to do with food lol. Sadly I have been unable to convert members of my family to be vigilant in what they eat and how much they eat which means there is always a healthy amount of crappy foods in the house . Feels kinda lonely making my own stuff to eat and ignoring all the sugary and fatty delights in every corner of our kitchen all the time. So in a sense, for the past week or so I've let myself 'go' . Lol

$#@! it though, I'm back to me starting today. I do wish I could have inspired my fam a little bit though considering I've lost 70+lbs. My parents especially, both of whom are overweight and diabetic
    Last edited by Nitey; 04-07-2013 at 13:23.

Thread Information