Latest PSU headlines:

Page 70 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6070 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1830
    Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Yeah from what I've read all the supplements are pretty much on level footing. This one just seems to be the most convenient as it has a little of everything in it already.

I would've just bought whey protein but he was really suggesting I try this one so I guess in 4 weeks I'll see if it helped me gain anything.

Any brand of supplements you use? Xxxx

BBK. Tapatalking.
    aww that's sweet :P

do any of you guys still exercise when you're poorly with a cold or whatever?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Yeah from what I've read all the supplements are pretty much on level footing. This one just seems to be the most convenient as it has a little of everything in it already.

I would've just bought whey protein but he was really suggesting I try this one so I guess in 4 weeks I'll see if it helped me gain anything.

Any brand of supplements you use? Xxxx

BBK. Tapatalking.
    You're right ... it has a "little bit" of everything. So little, in fact, that the combination isn't potent enough to be worth anything.

This is just my personal preference, but I tend to go with pure supplements that don't contain much extra garbage like artificial sweeteners. I also try to avoid products that use filler. Many protein powders use rice flour as a filler and the protein itself isn't very bioavailable, so it's like throwing money away.

For protein powder, I use NOW Whey Isolate and Milk Protein Hydrolysate (the Hydrolysate can be consumed during a workout since it does not interfere with digestion). I also use a basic creatine monohydrate and mix it with dextrose.

Whey Isolate contains glutathione, which is an incredibly potent antioxidant that not only works well by itself, but it also keeps the antioxidants you consume from other foods (such as fruits, etc.) working efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    aww that's sweet :P

do any of you guys still exercise when you're poorly with a cold or whatever?
    It's best to rest while you are sick. Your body is working overtime to fight off whatever bug you have and exercising can make it worse... especially during the workout when your immune system is lowered from rigorous activity.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    It's best to rest while you are sick. Your body is working overtime to fight off whatever bug you have and exercising can make it worse... especially during the workout when your immune system is lowered from rigorous activity.
    good good, stops me feeling guilty for not going to the gym

Administrator
    Yeah man. Heal up. :]
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

5. Likes Sylar likes this post
    Forum Sage

Lol! Just noticed I sent 'xxxx' on my last post! Don't get too excited PBM, they weren't for you

Forced habit of texting the other

BBK. Tapatalking.

Administrator
    That's a relief.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I'm heading into competition by the end of this year or spring next year ( fitness modeling ) and i also have a photoshoot end of September. This where i am right now (this was taken couple of hours ago in a very relaxed state believe or not)

IMG_20130817_195700.jpg

What do you guys think? should i compete or workout a bit more toward the end of next year?

9. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    If you go for it this year can you still go into it during the spring next year too? If so I'd say go for it, looks like you've got some good definition!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    If you go for it this year can you still go into it during the spring next year too? If so I'd say go for it, looks like you've got some good definition!
    The thing is I can only go once, so it's either this year or Spring next year! I have to save money before i go anywhere.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Ahh that sucks, I'd have to say it's down to what you feel comfortable with to be honest! If you feel ready for it now then I'd say to go for it, but if there's a voice in the back of your head saying that you can improve on a few things then I would listen to that, you don't want to go into something with any doubts!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Ahh that sucks, I'd have to say it's down to what you feel comfortable with to be honest! If you feel ready for it now then I'd say to go for it, but if there's a voice in the back of your head saying that you can improve on a few things then I would listen to that, you don't want to go into something with any doubts!
    That's exactly what i have in mind. I want to be in the best shape of my life, before i go.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Getting my new teeth on thursday and i will be hopefully starting the Gym in 2 weeks, getting me back to me again

I am not going to post about the drink issue, because i have to deal with that more closely
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    Yeah ... if you have a drinking problem you need to get that in check as it will wreak havoc on your gym progress.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Yeah ... if you have a drinking problem you need to get that in check as it will wreak havoc on your gym progress.

I know friend and with them 2 weeks i can slowly come off and go cold turkey and try and get it under control
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    I hope you can get control of that. It's definitely a hard habit to break.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I hope you can get control of that. It's definitely a hard habit to break.
    Thank you friend and i really hope i can post about how i am doing and it not resulting in me saying that i am drinking again

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Best of luck mate

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    When I started eating more fruits and lean meats, I find I don't have a taste for fast food anymore. I know I haven't lost a lot of weight and as much as I could, but I can't eat fast food much anymore. It makes me sick.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Best of luck mate
    Cheers my friend... One step at a time and i will get there

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    When I started eating more fruits and lean meats, I find I don't have a taste for fast food anymore. I know I haven't lost a lot of weight and as much as I could, but I can't eat fast food much anymore. It makes me sick.
    Same thing happens to me when I eat healthy. Fast food starts tasting like the crap it is.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Same thing happens to me when I eat healthy. Fast food starts tasting like the crap it is.
    I haven't had fast food in a long time. Not because it's unhealthy though, but because how they make that stuff is very shady.

The closest I go is chinese food, which I had last night actually (and was awesome). If it fits your macros!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I haven't had fast food in a long time. Not because it's unhealthy though, but because how they make that stuff is very shady.

The closest I go is chinese food, which I had last night actually (and was awesome). If it fits your macros!
    I like Asian food and it's probably one of the better fast foods. I love sushi! <3

Veteran
    Ah, so I'm not the only one who loses the craving for fast food.

I hope someday I'll lose my sweet tooth. I like to eat sweets, but they're not good for you.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Ah, so I'm not the only one who loses the craving for fast food.

I hope someday I'll lose my sweet tooth. I like to eat sweets, but they're not good for you.
    The bonus is ... the longer you eat healthy stuff ... the more delicious it tastes. :]

27. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Do you guys know any good exercises/stretches to do after working out to stop your ankles aching so much? I find my legs are ok but my ankles always ache during & after a work out, then when i wake up the next morning.

edit: I read that in ballet to strengthen their ankles they stand up and raise their feet so you're resting on the ball of your foot, might give that a go.
    Last edited by Sylar; 08-24-2013 at 00:32.

Thread Information